FWS Pav Service

eirghan
eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Does anyone ever hire for pav clearing service for FWS?

I started to hire a few to solo some during 2x and people on my server looked at me like i had a third eye. That looked kind of like a green nipple. In an odd place on my skull.

I just was under the impression at least on other servers this was a "thing".
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    u shud do it for rice
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Never heard about that on Morai and I don't really see the interest...
    How much does it cost ?

According to me :
    - If you need EOO badly, try to go with friends/guildmates or even ask in WC since not that many people needs a lot of EOO
    - If you need weapon molds same as above or buy mold on the ground from other teams (maybe more efficient than pay people to clean pavs since you can't be sure if your mold will drop or not)
    - If you want badges / other molds, you don't need to defend the pavs

So I find it weird but it depends on the cost I guess.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've seen it happen on DW a few times. Usually by the same guy wanting to pay people to do it.

Other than that, I wouldn't call it much of a thing on our server. As mentioned above, it just seems more efficient to get what you need via other methods. By the time you pay the pav defenders, the cost of any charm ticks, apoth or any other costs and the time spent soloing the rest, it's probably a loss than if you just farmed something else that pays off much better and bought the EOO or mold you need (molds especially, seeing as they are only a chance) and have extra coin left over in the ame amount of time.
    Someone would have to be paying a very decent price for me to even consider doing this, considering the tediousness and time spent. It's well above and beyond something else like getting paid to open TT for 30secs of your time.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is done on the Harshlands - Not many people sell their services but some do and make decent money doing it. It greatly simplifies the entire warsong experience making it worry free.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hiring people for the def so you can solo the rest ?
    I dont see that much use in it.
    You need an EoO ? - just buy it.
    You need a certain weapon mold ? - Just tell the people in your squad that you need it and pay them 20m if it is the dagger.
    You need badges ? - unless you want to illegally 6 client i dont see much use, illegally 6 clienting is illegal and an anoying hastle as well.

On top of that, people who can solo warsong can also solo TT3-3 or duo TM lunar and make a lot more money.

Hiring people to defend pavs for a normal squad run ? - Nope, there are simple solutions to prevent fail.
    - Do not let anyone duo pavs. Only people who can confidently solo a pav are welcome. You need a float.
    - Let the strongest one be float, one who can defend all pavs.
    - Avoid people who can only defend earth.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    b:surrender I dont really need anyone to tell me if it's worth it, just curious if other people have ever done it.

But just to give you an idea:
    EOO cost on sanctuary server to buy from cat shop: 4M
    EOO profit to sell to cat shop on sanctuary server: 2M
    My cost to have people solo pavs for me: 3M

During 2x the math is pretty simple. I won't go into the rest of the details. It's better for me financially to let you think it's not worth it b:chuckle
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    b:surrender I dont really need anyone to tell me if it's worth it, just curious if other people have ever done it.

During 2x the math is pretty simple. I won't go into the rest of the details. It's better for me financially to let you think it's not worth it b:chuckle

Sure you can keep thinking that if you really believe it is better for you financially

Why dont you just make a buy sell shop with 2.2m / 3.8m lol.
    Obvioulsy it is BS to quote 2 different prices because people ask too much or pay too little. Either there is a huge market gap for you or the right price is simply 3m.

So b:chuckle you make in your mind during 2x anything between 1m and 5m profit on those eods (not really clear what you wanted to say with those diverse prices) If that is really worth your time, you must be a fail at makin money in PWI. Ill keep having my believes and im sure its great for you financially b:chuckle

So since you could not seem to destile the answer to your question out of my previous post: No, i have not done it because i think it is not worth it.

Little hint: There happens to be an instance in PWI that asks for 3m to open, you dont have to wait 20 mins for some nabs who might fail, the instance can be soloed 1\4th of the time, the EoDs are worth roughly the same, the tinders are worth more than the molds. Im not gonna give more hints though, its probably better for me financially if you keep thinking warsong is worth it b:chuckle
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Well... ok... then excuse my own curiosity...
    To answer without any judgement or opinion about it :
    - Never seen or heard about that on Morai.
    - Would I accept to defend a pav for someone for 500k ? I guess not.

But I really wonder what happens if one of the guy fails the defense and you ask everyone to redo it.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    you must be a fail at makin money in PWI..

Who peed in your cheerios? :P Lighten up It was a simple question. Not an invitation for your judgement. Though it seems like on these forums an invitation is never needed.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2015

Who peed in your cheerios? :P Lighten up It was a simple question. Not an invitation for your judgement. Though it seems like on these forums an invitation is never needed.

You are the one who started being a ****. b:bye Dont ***** at people if you dont like them to turn it back at you dude.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    You are the one who started being a ****. b:bye

And what part of what I said exactly was mean or focused on you?
    Eirghan wrote: »
    I dont really need anyone to tell me if it's worth it, just curious if other people have ever done it.

During 2x the math is pretty simple. I won't go into the rest of the details. It's better for me financially to let you think it's not worth it

Sorry still dont see it. I said i wanted to know of anyone else ever did it. Heres some math around it. And it's better for me if you guys think its not worth it. ... = Eir is a *****... Hmmm.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    people are answering your question in the greatest detail they can and you are telling them you dont like it that they do so.
    Then you add a comment that indicates it is probably good that those people remain backward and dont understand your enlightened reasoning as it is better for your financial wellbeing.

I consider that b!tching.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    people are answering your question in the greatest detail they can and you are telling them you dont like it that they do so.
    Then you add a comment that indicates it is probably good that those people remain backward and dont understand your enlightened reasoning as it is better for your financial wellbeing.

I consider that b!tching.

Ahh yes, I forgot the part where I asked if it was financially worth it to have people solo WS pavs for me. You're right. Sorry.

And yeah it was pretty bitchy of me to say thanks but no thanks for your advice (that I definitely asked for) :c
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Man, if I were a mod I wouldn't stick around either. Sucks being called fail, salty, a *****, and angry all in a 24 hour period just for posting a few polls and questions b:shocked

I understand your inner anger though. Have you all considered a therapist?
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    Well, when i was a kid people told me to answer with 2 words, And in school when i answered a question it was always appreciated if an explanation was added to why that was my answer.

You seem to be special though, you cannot handle it when people add motivations to their answers. Maybe you should say that whenever you ask a question again. Or maybe you shouldnt be asking questions at all because you know better than those who answer anyways.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Well, when i was a kid people told me to answer with 2 words, And in school when i answered a question it was always appreciated if an explanation was added to why that was my answer.

You seem to be special though, you cannot handle it when people add motivations to their answers. Maybe you should say that whenever you ask a question again. Or maybe you shouldnt be asking questions at all because you know better than those who answer anyways.

You're probably right. I do know better if people on other servers pay for FWS service. I am psychic after all b:victory

Peace out.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015

Wait I have one last burning question: Are you a fist barb?
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Damnit. I should have just checked with my psychic powers. How stupid of me. b:cry Why am I such a *****
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Me and my friend plus a few others I don't really know solo WS quite a lot. In my own experience it's a much better situation then squad play. Paying people brings out a professionalism that is otherwise not present, and you tend to get people you know are good join you to defend. Then after that you can just do it at your own pace. Me personally, unless I'm doing a spawn run, can solo/duo WS faster then a normal tea, just because of what I know about it and my own methods etc. Plus I can bring 5 alts and if I do that enough I can sell a lot of badge services while working towards the molds I need. It's like if I spend 3m on defenders cause I'm going duo that still means that during X2 I make at least 1 EOO, get pretty much any mold I need and I can have 2 alts or so leeching badges. Plus I get to spend some quality time with my friend or if I like by myself. I think it's a really great farm. Certainly when you spend like 5 hours a day doing fking TT!!!b:laugh
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Me and my friend plus a few others I don't really know solo WS quite a lot. In my own experience it's a much better situation then squad play. Paying people brings out a professionalism that is otherwise not present, and you tend to get people you know are good join you to defend. Then after that you can just do it at your own pace. Me personally, unless I'm doing a spawn run, can solo/duo WS faster then a normal tea, just because of what I know about it and my own methods etc. Plus I can bring 5 alts and if I do that enough I can sell a lot of badge services while working towards the molds I need. It's like if I spend 3m on defenders cause I'm going duo that still means that during X2 I make at least 1 EOO, get pretty much any mold I need and I can have 2 alts or so leeching badges. Plus I get to spend some quality time with my friend or if I like by myself. I think it's a really great farm. Certainly when you spend like 5 hours a day doing fking TT!!!b:laugh

Thanks for the info. I figured that there were people out there that did this but now I know it's not as prevalent as I thought. At least that explains people looking at me funny going: "wait. So. Youre going to pay me to solo this pav, and then I can leave?"

I share your sentiments unless I am running a full with faction or friends as a group. Other than that I find the profit and the company more pleasing to duo/solo than world chat squads. Especially with the pill babies recently it's been increasingly hard to find a decent world chat squad.

I recently duoed with a good sin friend of mine and we IGed the pavs and it took us about 40 minutes tops. We sold a mold as well so we each made about 40m from the run.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Ahh yes, I forgot the part where I asked if it was financially worth it to have people solo WS pavs for me. You're right. Sorry.

And yeah it was pretty bitchy of me to say thanks but no thanks for your advice (that I definitely asked for) :c

That's the wonderful thing about Wanna - whether you ask for his advice or not, whether he has a useful answer or not, he's gonna give you *his* answer, and woe be unto you if you don't agree with or appreciate it.

He's kinda like that loud talking kid in your 1st grade class that everyone tolerates because they're trapped in a room with him all day. It's just easier to say 'thanks' so he'll sit back down and you can get back to your conversation.

\and the answer is usually gonna be "APS barb", btw
    \\"What is your favorite breakfast cereal?" "APS Barb, of course"
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    That's the wonderful thing about Wanna - whether you ask for his advice or not, whether he has a useful answer or not, he's gonna give you *his* answer, and woe be unto you if you don't agree with or appreciate it.

He's kinda like that loud talking kid in your 1st grade class that everyone tolerates because they're trapped in a room with him all day. It's just easier to say 'thanks' so he'll sit back down and you can get back to your conversation.

\and the answer is usually gonna be "APS barb", btw
    \\"What is your favorite breakfast cereal?" "APS Barb, of course"

Im okay if everyone has their own opinions but if i say i dont agree i should be allowed to say so without being called fail and a ***** :x

And... Well. I have my own opinion about fist barbs but i have more class than wanna so i dont post those opinions to hurt others feelings.

Oh wups. Maybe i dont have that much more class. ;c
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    You think you have more class, but you dont. I usually am pretty direct. (they say thats a trait of people from my country) You prefer to use fluffy wordings to insult others and then when you get a more direct reply, cry for the mods b:pleased
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lol...

WannaBM gave you legit advice and even a suggestion how you could make more money but you refuse to believe it and start complaining when people respond to your thread and give their personal opinion about it. And he is right - I would not waste my time soloing FWS either.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Who peed in your cheerios?
    you so funny, i think i laughed more than i should have b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    you so funny, i think i laughed more than i should have b:chuckle

People sure are sensitive online nowa days, instant defence mode.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would totally sell my pav soloing ability to people. Doesn't take too long and you are willing to pay me to do it? Sign me up!
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have never heard of it unless people are getting desperate for that last person in their squad, and then it's generally for the whole run, not just pavs. And 3m for a pav? That sounds utterly ridiculous o.o You're losing so much potential profit for something that doesn't take that long.
  • xxxxjayxxxx
    xxxxjayxxxx Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ive done it a few times for people on my server, although it doesnt really happen often. Easy money for me imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]