2-3 Farming Problem

Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Assassin
So I recently began farming 2-3, and I have no problems on any boss except the last one. The mobs that run around the room end up aggroing me and causing a lot of charm ticks. I have tried to have the boss follow me up the ledge around the room but he doesn't seem to want to follow me. Any suggestions?
b:thanks
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• luthien
    luthien Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    this guide might help you (it is helping me)

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=895842
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the link. It's a little helpful, but that's much more squad oriented than soloing

• FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Final boss is tricky, you need to be quite tanky to survive through everything going on around him. You really need to kill the mobs as soon as they spawn, as long as you keep to that its not really that hard. You just focus on him unless a mob spawns and keep it that way for the whole fight. Not much else to it really. b:chuckle
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    So you'd say instead of just tanking the mobs it would be better to switch and kill them first?

• FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So you'd say instead of just tanking the mobs it would be better to switch and kill them first?

As far as ive always been aware that is the only effective way to take him out.
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When they spawn, you have the option of running to the portal (which resets the boss) and taking the adds out one at a time, before engaging the boss again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    When they spawn, you have the option of running to the portal (which resets the boss) and taking the adds out one at a time, before engaging the boss again.
    Didn't think of that I'll give it a try thanks

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So I recently began farming 2-3, and I have no problems on any boss except the last one. The mobs that run around the room end up aggroing me and causing a lot of charm ticks. I have tried to have the boss follow me up the ledge around the room but he doesn't seem to want to follow me. Any suggestions?

with doing that you have to find the ledge that you can walk up. i am not sure off hand the exact location its been a while since killing him. If you walk up that ledge after agro'n him he will be far enough away from the mobs that they wont be agro'd. You have to be quick though when he gets to that ledge as his ranged magic attack is decent.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    go up the wall (theres 2 sections where you can go up). From the point where you enter this room (and teleport to the boss before this) its around 2 o clock.

When the boss passes by without any adds closeby, agro it and go back up the wall. Stay inside its agro range so that it doesnt reset, practice a bit to learn when it will reset.

The boss will now come close to the wall and stand just at the edge. There is a small piece of this edge where you can stand attacking the boss while the adds will pass you without agroing you. It should be obvious to you where that is. A little corner where the edge is further from the mobs route than the rest. Stay at your maximum weapon range to attack the boss.

If you fail to get him to the right spot, you can also just move back up the wall 2 steps each time one of the adds comes by and then proceed when it has passed. The mellee add doesnt matter much, it will just reset, it does matter however in that it will chain agro the other adds.

Alternatively, if playing with the boss like this is too tough for you to handle, (getting it in the right place takes some time while you take his ranged attack and have no BP heals) you can also do the same with the adds one by one and then take on the boss alone.

If your damage output is sufficient, to kill adds 2 sparks and you can tank the 3 adds together for 10 seconds or so (use AD if you have to), you can also go out on the floor, agro a mob just behind the boss and kill it asap. The other mobs will come and agro on you during the second spark, just survive until your target is dead, holy path into portal.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    go up the wall (theres 2 sections where you can go up). From the point where you enter this room (and teleport to the boss before this) its around 2 o clock.

When the boss passes by without any adds closeby, agro it and go back up the wall. Stay inside its agro range so that it doesnt reset, practice a bit to learn when it will reset.

The boss will now come close to the wall and stand just at the edge. There is a small piece of this edge where you can stand attacking the boss while the adds will pass you without agroing you. It should be obvious to you where that is. A little corner where the edge is further from the mobs route than the rest. Stay at your maximum weapon range to attack the boss.

If you fail to get him to the right spot, you can also just move back up the wall 2 steps each time one of the adds comes by and then proceed when it has passed. The mellee add doesnt matter much, it will just reset, it does matter however in that it will chain agro the other adds.

Alternatively, if playing with the boss like this is too tough for you to handle, (getting it in the right place takes some time while you take his ranged attack and have no BP heals) you can also do the same with the adds one by one and then take on the boss alone.

If your damage output is sufficient, to kill adds 2 sparks and you can tank the 3 adds together for 10 seconds or so (use AD if you have to), you can also go out on the floor, agro a mob just behind the boss and kill it asap. The other mobs will come and agro on you during the second spark, just survive until your target is dead, holy path into portal.
    I'd have to go and see the room, but I'll give it a try. I have been just tanking the mobs, but it ends up ticking my charm a lot and forcing me to use a lot of pots to stay alive.

I'll give these methods a try and see how they work. Thanks!

• ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, I keep my barb in squad after opening to open the pillar to get Soulripper, aggro the minions @ Astral, and "tank" the boss @ Belial while I kill the adds. He catches 3 or 4 charm ticks while standing there irritating the boss, and it's much faster killing the mobs so I can have at the boss.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, I keep my barb in squad after opening to open the pillar to get Soulripper, aggro the minions @ Astral, and "tank" the boss @ Belial while I kill the adds. He catches 3 or 4 charm ticks while standing there irritating the boss, and it's much faster killing the mobs so I can have at the boss.

Would it not be faster to have him tank the mobs while you kill the boss ? :p
    edited February 2015
    Would it not be faster to have him tank the mobs while you kill the boss ? :p

2 of the mobs run away at least twice after you first hit them. Plus, the barb (demon str no aps )can take hits in cat form while I'm tabbed onto another screen better than my sin can.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    2 of the mobs run away at least twice after you first hit them. Plus, the barb (demon str no aps )can take hits in cat form while I'm tabbed onto another screen better than my sin can.

Doesnt really matter that they run away right ? Run in barb, roar, let them run and attack the barb from range. Tab to sin, kill boss. (adds will poof when boss dies)
    edited February 2015
    Doesnt really matter that they run away right ? Run in barb, roar, let them run and attack the barb from range. Tab to sin, kill boss. (adds will poof when boss dies)

I'd rather just kill 'em for sure with the sin first. By the time I set the sin @ the boss, boss has 10% down on him and I set the sin on spark macro then use the barb to debuff and bleed the boss while the sin autoattacks him to death.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I rather not have to worry about all that drama and just pull the boss to the side and let the mobs do their dance around the bottom.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • toughguy24
    toughguy24 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Drop down aggro the boss. When 3 mobs pop out run into blue light in middle. Boss will reset and mobs will run around the room. Drop down and kill mobs before aggroing boss again. Then kill boss with no mobs. Easy
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Your icon shows you that you are a BM lvl 100. But you are posting in the Assassin thread.
    When you run 2-3, do you bring 2 toons? Assassin and BM? (because you need 2 to get past the white dog)

When i do 2-3, i've dragged both toons through all the way, so i bring my BM along with me since Demon HF is OP!! b:dirty

So, knife throw the boss, run up the ledge.
    Run side to side as needed for him to come really close to the ledge.
    When you have him selected, the small circle at the bottom showing you his position, you can get him right at the edge of the ledge where you should be able to attack him without the adds hurting you.

So I put my BM up the ledge, and pull with sin. Then start auto-spark macro, and Demon hf.
    Boss dies really fast. Just make sure you use Tidal Protection.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Your icon shows you that you are a BM lvl 100. But you are posting in the Assassin thread.
    When you run 2-3, do you bring 2 toons? Assassin and BM? (because you need 2 to get past the white dog)

When i do 2-3, i've dragged both toons through all the way, so i bring my BM along with me since Demon HF is OP!! b:dirty

So, knife throw the boss, run up the ledge.
    Run side to side as needed for him to come really close to the ledge.
    When you have him selected, the small circle at the bottom showing you his position, you can get him right at the edge of the ledge where you should be able to attack him without the adds hurting you.

So I put my BM up the ledge, and pull with sin. Then start auto-spark macro, and Demon hf.
    Boss dies really fast. Just make sure you use Tidal Protection.
    The BM is my old toon that I don't use anymore (and can't even access right now because of the server mess up) I drag my barb with me to start the dog boss (I forget his name) and to rebuff if needed

• LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The BM is my old toon that I don't use anymore (and can't even access right now because of the server mess up) I drag my barb with me to start the dog boss (I forget his name) and to rebuff if needed

Bring the barb then as well. Use him for Devour.
    Devour + EP + Tangle mire ~= Demon HF.

Will definitely help killing the boss faster and more heal via BP.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    That's what I do