Options
tek1nig
tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Dawnglory (EU)
How did you obtain your Rank 9 ?

Here is a sneak peak of how I obtained mine :P

At first my friend and I started off small:
http://youtu.be/nT-mq-byEeU

Then we decided to bring it to the next level because many other people started copying us on a large scale as it was more difficult only people who were already OP sold this making it great for us to take advantage of as only 1 barb sold it at the time and at a different time zone than us:
http://youtu.be/kXvbjU2mN8k

Side note:
Even now years later you can find me selling TMLunar so just hit me up if anything!!
VWjvQZ8.jpg
Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Is this a guide for people how can they obtain R9 or just you showing us how you got your R9?

TM69 and TM79 are no longer available in game.
    giphy.gif

• Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oh i remember when Azzin an Ds were basically the first to start selling Tm's on the server i play on.. But me personally got my R9 from basically just farming TT"s. I also made decent coin when they introduced G16, i would sell mold an badges (weapon mold-80-90m armour mold 30-40m). Oh how alot use to call me a noob an blah blah when i started doing it now its so common on the server till the prices are **** nowb:cry
    Bahamas represent
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Basically two things:

1. Used a month long 2x to duo farm TT with **** until we got all the coin needed for all my gsts sans the ones needed for belt. Also did a lot of two/three man Nirvanas with various people and did treasure maps for chrono pages.

2. Sold pof/obp to Zuichan by the truckload every week back when they were still worth like 500k ea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sold my car, but it was not enough, so I also quit my job so I could farm TT 16 hours daily to get rest of the coin. Lost friends, GF, now I am eating eggs and bread only, but hey my char is Rank 9. Was worth of it!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sold my car, but it was not enough, so I also quit my job so I could farm TT 16 hours daily to get rest of the coin. Lost friends, GF, now I am eating eggs and bread only, but hey my char is Rank 9. Was worth of it!

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    giphy.gif

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Wait, so, i have this thread you might like...
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cash shopping, like everyone else. But everyone ferociously denies. It's a sad reminder that people will throw thousands of dollars at a screen and deny they have a problem. On a side note there may be one or two that did it completely free. If any at all. A few may of combined cash shopping and countless hours of farming. This gives me the deep seated need to read the first part of the bible. -snip-
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Merchanting like many others. Its sad so many people denie it because they cant do it themselves.

I started this game knowing absolutely nothing. Leveling the very slow way up together with my buddy. When we were level 30, we were checking AH multiple times a day and buying stuff that was cheaper than usually. Initially we started learning the prices of some specific types of items and checked those sections. Later we started using the option to see all the newest addition and then bought all the underpriced things and put them back on for the right price.

This way of nooby merching helped us to get to level 100 comfortably buying our skills, getting our mounts and flyers.

Then i started merching tokens of luck. I was so happy to make 3 to 5 mil a day. I owned the whole market with usually a 180coin margin between buy and seel while i was checking prices pretty much continuously. Sorry to the other merchants, i know, i killed the market for a bunch of months. Anyway, I produced 250 mil like that while we were still running around in TT90. I then went to travel for 6 months. When i got back, my buddy had upgraded his gear to G16 and the 250m were still there. He was mostly into armor production and stuff. He just bought TT mats, raps and cannies whenever they were cheap and produced gear from that to sell. So when i got back from my travels he outfitted me in G16 and basic aps. There was still some money left. I started again with the tokens and together with his armor producing and a butload of warsong farming, we build it up to 1 bil and upgraded his APS stuff to R8 and i bought myself a double int fist so i could use some G16 instead of the TT99.

Then came the breaktrough in multiple ways. We now were strong enough to decently farm TT and we started doing TM lunar. I started massproducing pstones. Most importantly, i got myself into the boutique marked. At first i carefully bought some gold and chip packs. Turned them into GSTs. They were sold in an hour and i made more profit than i ever dreamed of when merching tokens. From then on, every coin i had went into boutique items that are on sale and i steadilly grew the budget with 20% per month and sometimes a lot more during the best sales. I kept building the budget and didnt want to spend much. I kept the budget between 3 and 5 bil while we bought bits and pieces of R9 at each sale. The first bit increased our TM lunar succesrate from 90% in G16 to 100% in partly R9 so we started selling the capes for another nice cash boost.

2 months before i left the game, we were R9+10 and had 5bil in the bank. I had enough of it all, the game was getting boring and it all fend like a huge waste of time, i spend the money on some +12 orbs for our weapons, on a bazillion A packs to upgrade our waravatars and we got both R9 rings recasted and +10. I also started buying some vit stones.

4 months ago, i left the game. OP and nearly broke. It was all feeling pointless. 2 years i had worked 15 hours a day and now we were OP. What use is it to be OP ? None really. 2 years of my life wasted on a game. Again.... (not really the first game)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options

sorry to hear tht
    Bahamas represent
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Synth, you have openly admitted to cash shopping. You have even threatened PWE on these very forums, to stop cash shopping if someone didnt get their ring back.
    You have even said that you have spent a lot of money on this game.

I would venture a guess and say that 90-95% of what you have has been obtained from cash shopping. Or do you merchant 5Billion coins a week like your buddy?

Yes there are people who do actually farm for their things. For the most part, people CS for it. It is how the game works. It is how the game was intended to survive.

This game like any other of this type, relies on the player putting it many many hours and some money. Over time, they add things to make your char better.
    People, not wanting to lose all the time and money spent to keep up, so they feel the need to spend more.
    Then they release better stuff. Again, dont want to waste all the time and money, so spend more money to keep up with everyone else.

Merchanting and farming does exist. But both are being weened out by PWE. DQ and other drops are worthless and pack items are being bound.
  • tek1nig
    edited February 2015
    Options
    avs33fan wrote: »
    Synth, you have openly admitted to cash shopping. You have even threatened PWE on these very forums, to stop cash shopping if someone didnt get their ring back.
    You have even said that you have spent a lot of money on this game.
    That very situation which you are referencing is simply a part of a long list of reasons I feel PWI currently doesn't deserve 1 dollar more. YellowFox's issue was just the icing on the cake.

I would venture a guess and say that 90-95% of what you have has been obtained from cash shopping. Or do you merchant 5Billion coins a week like your buddy?
    Direct answer: I've made a steady 1billion per month for a few years in a row. Currently as I'm playing multiple games I make roughly half that on a good month.

Yes there are people who do actually farm for their things. For the most part, people CS for it. It is how the game works. It is how the game was intended to survive.

This game like any other of this type, relies on the player putting it many many hours and some money. Over time, they add things to make your char better.
    People, not wanting to lose all the time and money spent to keep up, so they feel the need to spend more.
    Then they release better stuff. Again, dont want to waste all the time and money, so spend more money to keep up with everyone else.
    THings new like ? Nuema? Cards? Spirt Boundry levels ? < all of this can be farmed for free with little effort thanks to the active quiest system and resource wars on your side. Sure you can pay for "S" rank cards OR you can try to farm that set which averages at 25m per try something like that don't quote me. OR you can get a full set of A cards with a setbonus that makes you stronger than someone who has some random S cards in each slot. Meaning .. in the end with the current expansion of newly released items should you try to farm you may actually gain more in terms of playability of your character vs other people than you may think. - Personally I'm going for a full A card set

Merchanting and farming does exist. But both are being weened out by PWE. DQ and other drops are worthless and pack items are being bound.
    I feel this is simply your opinion - It was once said long ago by active GM's Adapt or Uninstall. I've chosen to adapt. MMORPG's are designed to challenge the player. And if taking away things that were bountiful isn't saying just that then I don't know what is. Learn to see what else is a viable source of income ingame and you'll see opportunity where you never imagined.

Your point does not deflect or contradict the fact. My rank9 and my duskblades r9 was farmed from scratch through in-game means.. Its kind of my bragging right so step off ;P

And if you ever thought DQ was a main source of income then you have a lot to learn about this games economics.

But yea hundreds can attest to the fact my r9 - rank 9 2nd cast - and rank 9 3rd cast for my assassin was fully farmed. In addition to that I farmed roughly 6 months in advance to the new classes coming out + the last 3 months to get the full r9r for my duskblade ^-^.

My only suggestion to those like you or in your position is make a goal and focus on piece by piece of the r9 as it is NOT easily obtainable. It does take a certain degree of dedication. And if you aren't going to no-life it, like many do, then you should definitely draw up a plan with the things you want and how you're going to obtain them.

-snip-

Recently, I acquired the r9 belt for my duskblade. I'm on a farming break because I got burned out. So I'm playing dying light *1.4patch* pc multiplayer with a few buds. Scary **** lol but I love it!!!, So i'll be back farming hardcore once I make a new set of goals for my duskblade soon enough.

Lastly and most important. There was an issue with PWI Customer Support and a faction member of mine, YellowFox. And that issue really turned me off from putting even a cent more into PWI. It was a vow of sorts. And in the end it is what it is, but remember please do not de-rail the topic. If you don't have r9 you've either gained some perspective by now or will continue to be obstinate and think it can never be done. I don't think it takes a pro to make coin. But I do think it takes the knowledge of what is possible.

PS. The war for worldboss drops rages on between BankaiGOD and Infamous < and it would be a bit more fair if yuyi wasn't using .. you know ... his secret archer hax lol.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I bought my veno's r9 with extra money I had around at the time.

Don't see the point in r9ing my alts, they are just PvE.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I bought my r9 with a combination of farming and cash shopping. I sold much fcc back in the day and have since moved on to farming gear.

I cant wait for the bible that was pasted on this thread (without even the links to chapters removed) be deleted. b:shocked
  • tek1nig
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I bought my veno's r9 with extra money I had around at the time.

Don't see the point in r9ing my alts, they are just PvE.

I understand your perspective. But at this point in the game - if you have the ability to farm it - Why not? I really like my duskblade and I may even consider it to be my assassins replacement one day because I see huge potential in the class to surpass the weaknesses my sin has. I can't wait until the rest of the content is released.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    I understand your perspective. But at this point in the game - if you have the ability to farm it - Why not? I really like my duskblade and I may even consider it to be my assassins replacement one day because I see huge potential in the class to surpass the weaknesses my sin has. I can't wait until the rest of the content is released.

Maybe once I play my alt more seriously I will :) Still farming some stuff for veno. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options
    To be honest it does not really matter how one obtained their stuff cause at the endof the day it will be the same cycle over an over...

Farmer to casher "I have better things to spend my money on rather than a game"

Casher to farmer "I have a life an can't invest so much time into a game farming for long periods of time"

It will never end! i guess that what makes it so intresting cause without negative talks the world would be so boring..b:surrender
    Bahamas represent
  • tek1nig
    edited February 2015
    Options
    To be honest it does not really matter how one obtained their stuff cause at the endof the day it will be the same cycle over an over...

Farmer to casher "I have better things to spend my money on rather than a game"

Casher to farmer "I have a life an can't invest so much time into a game farming for long periods of time"

It will never end! i guess that what makes it so intresting cause without negative talks the world would be so boring..b:surrender

Well it matters to me, that's why I posed the question b:victory
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If no one ever posted questions with either pointless or easily accessible answers this forum would be so vacant that Sweetiebot would start to cry.

Or maybe ask HERSELF QUESTIONS O.O
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The thread would be more appropriate if you started at level 1. I am not knocking your thread, its good actually, but it should be put in perspective that your farming toon is already built. It is a great post because it shows there are ways to get coins if you put your mind to it once you have a toon built to farm
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My friend sponsored my full r9b:pleased Well in fact he/she sponsored at least 5 people I know of, all for the sake of creating a good tw guild.
  • tek1nig
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My friend sponsored my full r9b:pleased Well in fact he/she sponsored at least 5 people I know of, all for the sake of creating a good tw guild.

Actually I didn't initially care to get rank9 but then a friend of mine ingame actually jump started the quest for r9 by buying my r9 ring which unlocked the path for me to farm for the rest of the gear, because honestly I was really upset that the price of the r9 ring was so heavily expensive in terms of coins and it pissed me off to have to get a trinket for the price of several gearsets.

All she wanted for me was for me to have more fun with the game and rip people apart that would do harm to my faction.

So thank you Amore_ <3 R.I.P.<3
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My friend sponsored my full r9b:pleased Well in fact he/she sponsored at least 5 people I know of, all for the sake of creating a good tw guild

That really nice pf them to do.. hope you notyone of those who leave guild after gettingwhat they want from them,then start talking **** about them afterwards
    Bahamas represent
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    Seek_NK - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cash shopped, ain't got time to farm ****
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    "it just takes time
    hard work and your time"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wz6Ec8zSvk

I personally merched my way to r9r3 with event items, tienkangs/tishas, mirages, GST, MoGs, etc etc etc....... The funny part of my story is, I could of bought r9r3 2.5+ years ago, but i held off because i wanted to save my cash stack to merch the refines/shards... I would of worked... if the price of gold hadn't gone from 1.4m per gold to 3.4m+ per gold by the time i ended up buying it :\ And the funny thing is i only made about 1.5b profit (Which lets be honest, is nothing).
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Almost at R9. Got there by farming coin almost purely, no merching or TT farming involved.
    - Jolly Jones
    - Autoculti when DQ was still worth it. Autoculti still, but slower.
    - BH's. BH's. BH's.
    - Selling crafting mats to various merchants. Mainly obtained by autoculti.
    - Obtain rep by trading Morai influence for rep jades

It's slow going, been at it for over 6 months, but I'm okay with that. You learn to play your class that way. 30k rep and a few more Summerwind tokens and I'll have R9.3 armor... then work on the weapon I guess :)
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Farm, buy packs and then either:
    - get broke, rinse and repeat until valuable items received,
    Or:
    - save some of the winnings. rinse and repeat and don't touch the savings you had.

The pack ***** gods were kind to me sometimes.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • whyarcher88
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My friend sponsored my full r9b:pleased Well in fact he/she sponsored at least 5 people I know of, all for the sake of creating a good tw guild

That really nice pf them to do.. hope you notyone of those who leave guild after gettingwhat they want from them,then start talking **** about them afterwards

I will never do anything to betray my guild master or my guild-mates, the thing that touched my heart was he/she never asked anything in return and I didn't even asked anyone to spend money on my toon. And I promised him/her that if one day i do quit pwi, i'll hand over my toon to him/her.
  • whyarcher88
    edited February 2015
    Options
    By the way there is another possible way to get full r9 toons. I have a feeling that 1-2 guild lords in each server might be buying up full r9 toons on the cheap from people who want to quit game and then passed these toons to their guild-mates in order to quickly build a decent tw guild. Not likely but possible.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Farming and merching my way to r9.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Since people from other servers commented too, I might as well.
    I farmed a lot with my game husband. That's how we'd usually do things; we farmed together or helped each other, and then we upgraded something on his toon, then something on mine, then something on his again etc.

I usually prefer farming together with someone, so I've had "gaming partners" throughout most of my PWI time, most of them also happened to be my in-game spouses.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
This discussion has been closed.