PWI Oldies

Comments

• Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    b:pleased Guess you can consider me an oldie, started way back in Oct 08 same Character if you remember. Welcome back btw b:thanks

I assume your meaning me =P And I vaguely remember the Character name, haha but it has been a long while now! Do you still play or do you just live in the forums? I would suggest we play together sometime except currently my OS is broken and I have no interwebs at home Q.Q it sucks growing up!
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Been here since 2008, started on other server then moved on RT.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    I remember first choosing a server when I didnt know what pve and pvp meant haha cause pwi was my first mmorpg. So I literally chose sanctuary because of the name as I like the sound of it
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Been playing this version of {PW} since 08', But been around long enough before that, to say I was really Po'd that they removed "Grandmother Wolfkin" from the original {Perfect World} and then also never even transitioned her into {PWi} as a tameable Kick Azz'd veno pet, even after they added the "Tab targeting" that countered the old veno's (pre-Cata) hiding tactics, in lil' ol'Grannies tiny butt... b:chuckleb:laugh
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    seitori wrote: »
    Been playing this version of {PW} since 08', But been around long enough before that, to say I was really Po'd that they removed "Grandmother Wolfkin" from the original {Perfect World} and then also never even transitioned her into {PWi} as a tameable Kick Azz'd veno pet, even after they added the "Tab targeting" that countered the old veno's (pre-Cata) hiding tactics, in lil' ol'Grannies tiny butt... b:chuckleb:laugh

Was that before it was on eu etc servers?
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Was that before it was on eu etc servers?

Grandmother Woflkin (aka. Wolven Grandmother & Mother of the Pack) was in the Very Beginning of the {PWc-beta} as a Humongous tameable pet that was the size of the Untamed fb19 boss long, long ago back in 06'-07'ish, so it was way back before any of us had any of the PWi servers to yet join... b:sad

Sadly her size was the whole reason they phased her out of the game as a tameable pet, in the game by the time {PWc} went beyond its beta to its full online version (especially since the game was all a non-tab targeting version of itself back then, and people would hide under her all the time so they wouldn't be able to even target them until someone dropped her and were basically safe from all but AOE attacks from others) anyways after all that happened the only way you could ever see her after that normally was if a GM had a Veno as their GM-character and actually decided to have one in their pet bag... It was a sad loss to the game tbh, because she was quite the thing to look at for a veno, b:chuckle even if she took up most of your screens viewing area...b:chuckle
  • lukusazaron
    lukusazaron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Pk SP, zhenning, Running 2-3 24/7 for that 1 gold mat
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    seitori wrote: »
    Grandmother Woflkin (aka. Wolven Grandmother & Mother of the Pack) was in the Very Beginning of the {PWc-beta} as a Humongous tameable pet that was the size of the Untamed fb19 boss long, long ago back in 06'-07'ish, so it was way back before any of us had any of the PWi servers to yet join... b:sad

Sadly her size was the whole reason they phased her out of the game as a tameable pet, in the game by the time {PWc} went beyond its beta to its full online version (especially since the game was all a non-tab targeting version of itself back then, and people would hide under her all the time so they wouldn't be able to even target them until someone dropped her and were basically safe from all but AOE attacks from others) anyways after all that happened the only way you could ever see her after that normally was if a GM had a Veno as their GM-character and actually decided to have one in their pet bag... It was a sad loss to the game tbh, because she was quite the thing to look at for a veno, b:chuckle even if she took up most of your screens viewing area...b:chuckle

Omg I wish I coulda seen that! Haha petition to bring her back 😝
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its all relative tho. Right now i could say I miss 2008/2009 when there was still huge challenge and diversity in pve and pvp.

But honestly back when I start on lost city when servers first went up I really missed the incredibly nice and friendly communities on PW-MY.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm still around since 2008, with the occasional breaks here and there. As of now, I don't really play though. Well, I still log on, talk to friends, do a daily or two, but I've lost interest. I can't decide what I want to do.

My first "real" faction was Emberlite. They were nice people. I remember I would to wake up early in the morning during holidays, when I didn't have school, so I could chat with them. Sadly the faction died. I joined a couple of other big-ish factions then eventually I settled with Kakumau, and I've been there ever since. Though I have a character in Hoorah as well.

I don't think the old times were necessarily better. We had the good and the bad back then too. What I strongly miss is the much nicer community we had back then, and the active forums.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • YeIIowFox - Harshlands
    YeIIowFox - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    b:chuckleI've been playing since late 2008/early 2009 (long before the tideborn expansion came out), first toon was foxcreature- veno level 4x, then /Fox\ -level 9x cleric then I took a long break from the game and when I came back my old account was locked out and as it was linked to my old email address i couldnt get in to it.

I decided to use my cat shop character YeIIowFox who at the time was only level 30 (for the free flyer) and since coming back I have spent alot of time and effort leveling and gearing my toon while working with all kinds of players both old and new.

Although i prefer playing with old players simply for the memories the convos bring up, I have played with a fair few awesome new players (post 2010 players).

Every now and again I will make a new toon and level it using only mold/npc gear (none of the new quest items) and when i get my fbs I will only accept people within 5-10 levels of myself non rebirth of course b:pleased those squads are always fun and remind me of the old days b:bye
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Its all relative tho. Right now i could say I miss 2008/2009 when there was still huge challenge and diversity in pve and pvp.

But honestly back when I start on lost city when servers first went up I really missed the incredibly nice and friendly communities on PW-MY.

Yeah it is all relative, if you hadnt started back then, well then you wouldnt miss it.
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    I'm still around since 2008, with the occasional breaks here and there. As of now, I don't really play though. Well, I still log on, talk to friends, do a daily or two, but I've lost interest. I can't decide what I want to do.

My first "real" faction was Emberlite. They were nice people. I remember I would to wake up early in the morning during holidays, when I didn't have school, so I could chat with them. Sadly the faction died. I joined a couple of other big-ish factions then eventually I settled with Kakumau, and I've been there ever since. Though I have a character in Hoorah as well.

I don't think the old times were necessarily better. We had the good and the bad back then too. What I strongly miss is the much nicer community we had back then, and the active forums.

I think things took the plunge in terms of expense, and I think some things are just much easier now, but the community was better back then, teamwork was key!
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    b:chuckleI've been playing since late 2008/early 2009 (long before the tideborn expansion came out), first toon was foxcreature- veno level 4x, then /Fox\ -level 9x cleric then I took a long break from the game and when I came back my old account was locked out and as it was linked to my old email address i couldnt get in to it.

I decided to use my cat shop character YeIIowFox who at the time was only level 30 (for the free flyer) and since coming back I have spent alot of time and effort leveling and gearing my toon while working with all kinds of players both old and new.

Although i prefer playing with old players simply for the memories the convos bring up, I have played with a fair few awesome new players (post 2010 players).

Every now and again I will make a new toon and level it using only mold/npc gear (none of the new quest items) and when i get my fbs I will only accept people within 5-10 levels of myself non rebirth of course b:pleased those squads are always fun and remind me of the old days b:bye

There are people who are nice but the community as a whole has kinda slipped a bit, I think what most people miss is the community more than anything else in the game, honestly I have been put off from games because of crappy communities, if I wanted to play alone I would be playing an rpg without the mmo!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015
    There are people who are nice but the community as a whole has kinda slipped a bit, I think what most people miss is the community more than anything else in the game, honestly I have been put off from games because of crappy communities, if I wanted to play alone I would be playing an rpg without the mmo!

Yeah, and mostly that's why I stick to keeping runs and playing within my faction and friends. I keep WC off 95% of the time and play it more like a small LAN party than a full-fledged MMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are these 'oldies' really playing or just lurking around on the forums >.> cause i am playing fo realz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, and mostly that's why I stick to keeping runs and playing within my faction and friends. I keep WC off 95% of the time and play it more like a small LAN party than a full-fledged MMO.

Why didnt I think of that! Maybe I don't want to miss it if the community gets good again
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Are these 'oldies' really playing or just lurking around on the forums >.> cause i am playing fo realz

I think some of us are on and off, some of us don't want to play but cant let go, and some of us like me would like to play again but cant afford a legitimate OS so cant use her PC and is too poor for the internet because her bf is useless and doesn't have a job. (Don't ask)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hearing about nice people playing together makes me sad I missed the party bus b:sadI started about two years ago so I shouldn't even be lurking here but i'll say HAI OLDIES FROM A NOOBIE and thanks for lurking around keeping it fun!

I totally do the same every once in awhile with new toons. FB's only 5-10 levels range. We get level 102's offering to solo for us and I'm like um. Nah. And they are like b:shockedb:angryb:cry GOOD LUCK THEN b:bye
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    Hearing about nice people playing together makes me sad I missed the party bus b:sadI started about two years ago so I shouldn't even be lurking here but i'll say HAI OLDIES FROM A NOOBIE and thanks for lurking around keeping it fun!

I totally do the same every once in awhile with new toons. FB's only 5-10 levels range. We get level 102's offering to solo for us and I'm like um. Nah. And they are like b:shockedb:angryb:cry GOOD LUCK THEN b:bye

Oh I understand there pain! I feel sad when people turned my offer of help down...it was like the only thing I would have to do in game/want to do in game. Grinding and quests would get tedious without people doing it with you
  • haber
    haber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't play anymore but I still occasionally lurk around in the forum as I miss all the good times that I had playing PW. It was my first MMO when I started back in 2008, and having that experience of playing with so many new and random people was exciting. You could find a squad to join for ANY generic quest or FB as you couldn't go anywhere without knocking elbows with someone.

I think I came to realized the agenda of PWI by mid 2009 but I still hung on until about 2011-2012. The combination of the beautiful scenery, memorizing music, and in-game friends made leaving extremely difficult, and has left me with strong feelings of nostalgia for the game.

The "good old times" of sitting outside FB 19 waiting to help people for rep; running out of quests by level 50(ish) and having to grind levels one mob at a time (no zhenning for me); helping lost newbies in high level zones survive their way back to town (LOL); people having friendly duels in EVERY little town and city; getting your first set of 3* armour and making it glow <3; considering anyone over level 40 as a "high level" player; sitting by the starting spawn areas for new characters and watching as dozens of new players entered the game every single minute and try to figure out the controls and kill their first mob (LOL); and so much more.

I have a new MMO now (like Xainuo, I am also "running from Centaurs") but I will likely come back to PW from time to time if only to take more screen shots lol.

Edit: Oh, and what happened to all my forum avatars? I cant access them. Even my join date has changed >.<
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    haber wrote: »
    I don't play anymore but I still occasionally lurk around in the forum as I miss all the good times that I had playing PW. It was my first MMO when I started back in 2008, and having that experience of playing with so many new and random people was exciting. You could find a squad to join for ANY generic quest or FB as you couldn't go anywhere without knocking elbows with someone.

I think I came to realized the agenda of PWI by mid 2009 but I still hung on until about 2011-2012. The combination of the beautiful scenery, memorizing music, and in-game friends made leaving extremely difficult, and has left me with strong feelings of nostalgia for the game.

The "good old times" of sitting outside FB 19 waiting to help people for rep; running out of quests by level 50(ish) and having to grind levels one mob at a time (no zhenning for me); helping lost newbies in high level zones survive their way back to town (LOL); people having friendly duels in EVERY little town and city; getting your first set of 3* armour and making it glow <3; considering anyone over level 40 as a "high level" player; sitting by the starting spawn areas for new characters and watching as dozens of new players entered the game every single minute and try to figure out the controls and kill their first mob (LOL); and so much more.

I have a new MMO now (like Xainuo, I am also "running from Centaurs") but I will likely come back to PW from time to time if only to take more screen shots lol.

Edit: Oh, and what happened to all my forum avatars? I cant access them. Even my join date has changed >.<

I still cant figure out what game that is when people say running from centaurs! There are a few games that you have to run from centaurs
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    I still cant figure out what game that is when people say running from centaurs! There are a few games that you have to run from centaurs

im curious too. Pm me :3

I wish i was there for those days. Now it just seems like pw is full of people who are looking for an ego fix at the cost of others. Even these forums. Im not sure why I stay here to be made fun of and called names. Not sure why you guys who dont play anymore stay either b:laugh
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I wish i was there for those days. Now it just seems like pw is full of people who are looking for an ego fix at the cost of others. Even these forums. Im not sure why I stay here to be made fun of and called names. Not sure why you guys who dont play anymore stay either b:laugh

Honnestly the game still feels good, its just that they changed this game like a stupid mobile freemium game that made it messed up. Besides that i am still having fun
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015

If I ever find out I will!
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Honnestly the game still feels good, its just that they changed this game like a stupid mobile freemium game that made it messed up. Besides that i am still having fun

It really is the community that isnt so good, the game is mostly the same, when you take away the community part of it, I mean other than the gear etc.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    *waits for someone to swing into the thread and call me salty*

Well maybe the pve is still decent. If I lie low on an alt and turn off world chat and completely ignore everyone around me (or most people) the game is awesome. I guess there are always a few rotten apples in the bunch and unfortunately one usually spoils the whole bag b:surrender

Maybe ill return to pveb:cute
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    *waits for someone to swing into the thread and call me salty*

Well maybe the pve is still decent. If I lie low on an alt and turn off world chat and completely ignore everyone around me (or most people) the game is awesome. I guess there are always a few rotten apples in the bunch and unfortunately one usually spoils the whole bag b:surrender

Maybe ill return to pveb:cute

You must know exactly what is on my mind right now....YOU KNOW!
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    You must know exactly what is on my mind right now....YOU KNOW!

I gotchu ;)
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015

I gotchu ;)

Is it G +
    W +
    W?