Are your credit cards maxed?

13»

Comments

• AngelRiot - Sanctuary
    AngelRiot - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think you missed the point of my post, lol. I actually took interest in your topic, and agreed with some of your points.

Don't be so angry. It'll lead to premature wrinkles. b:shocked
  • passionateone
    passionateone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think you missed the point of my post, lol. I actually took interest in your topic, and agreed with some of your points.

Don't be so angry. It'll lead to premature wrinkles. b:shocked

We must not anger Queen Salty anymore, she's starting to bring factions into it, I thought this was about cash shopping? b:shutup
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We must not anger Queen Salty anymore, she's starting to bring factions into it, I thought this was about cash shopping? b:shutup

Oh sorry i thought all of your guys posts were about how salty i am. I just figured you guys saw a vindi and it was time to get out the butthurt, which is why i figured it was a faction thing.

Carry on if you want to talk about the actual post content.

And by post content i dont mean riotfox. Even though she is my secret obsession.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    The first thing I spent money on was an inventory expansion stone. And I still don't have enough space in my bag. Fml. b:cry

The first thing i spent my money on was a piece of fashion. b:shocked

That definitely was not worth paying the boutique price for.

But this was before free fashion when you made a character and i still have that fash. Years of fashion use? #worth.
  • passionateone
    passionateone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    Oh sorry i thought all of your guys posts were about how salty i am. I just figured you guys saw a vindi and it was time to get out the butthurt, which is why i figured it was a faction thing.

Carry on if you want to talk about the actual post content.

And by post content i dont mean riotfox. Even though she is my secret obsession.

It doesn't matter which faction you're in, I am friends with some Vindis b:cute So there's certainly no butt hurt going on here.. my butt feels quite fine actually.

And you don't have to tell us something we already know, I'm quite fasinated by her too tbh, that foxy tail.. so hypnotic b:dirty b:shutup
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Damn I just realised there's a whole lotta veno's in this thread. b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • AngelRiot - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    In all honesty I'm just butthurt that you didn't acknowledge the content of my post. I offered my own opinion, and interpretation of the thread at large. It was a cool thread.

Actually, I have nothing mean to say. If you're angry that I commented, I apologize. I don't see what did wrong, or what I did to make you so angry.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've thrown some money into the game, not that I am proud of it, mostly regret. But like most others I've spent it on mostly accessories rather than bettering myself.

I've cut back severely due to more college demand... but I shall be back :3
    Will never be an aggressive cash shopper but only when I really like something and must have ;3
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    In all honesty I'm just butthurt that you didn't acknowledge the content of my post. I offered my own opinion, and interpretation of the thread at large. It was a cool thread.

Actually, I have nothing mean to say. If you're angry that I commented, I apologize. I don't see what did wrong, or what I did to make you so angry.

Im salty. And furious! It just comes naturally to me.
  • AngelRiot - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    I've thrown some money into the game, not that I am proud of it, mostly regret. But like most others I've spent it on mostly accessories rather than bettering myself.

I've cut back severely due to more college demand... but I shall be back :3
    Will never be an aggressive cash shopper but only when I really like something and must have ;3

I used to think the only things worth CSing for were pretty things. b:shocked Glad I don't have to say ALL my money is wasted anymore.b:surrender
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The first thing I spent money on was an inventory expansion stone. And I still don't have enough space in my bag. Fml. b:cry

I know right. b:sad

Hmm, first CS'd item eh? I think that's my Swiftshadow. Man, that stupid bird costed 50 gold back then. b:lipcurl I still love though.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I cash shop (rarely).

I'm a college student though and live in NYC and have a social life though and that gets expensive here... very quickly... I graduate in May though and hopefully I'll be able to get a job that pays decently. If that happens my stormbringer might be gearing up pretty rapidly. b:laugh
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I never really bought anything useful, I had good friends who bought tons of stuff who would on the odd occasion just give me something randomly. but I think I didnt play in a competitive way nor was ever too worried about lvling up as long as I could help people....however if I were to start again then I definately need to concentrate on lvling up haha b:chuckle
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't own a credit card, so that's dead. Prepaid cards only.

I have cashshopped over the years, but nothing major, and not frequent. Mostly now, when I CS, I work on gear, and I don't CS often, nor heavily. As Darkskiesx posted, this game is finite. I add a few things here and there to enhance my enjoyment of the game, but I don't intend to dedicate a large sum of my real life money to this finite game.

So to answer OP's question, I'm a casual player that CS's a here and there as my funds allow me, and do so within reason.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First thing I got from Cash shop was charms for TW with bought gold from AH. Eventually added xp scrolls, but mostly used the mp regen pots I'd craft with apoth for as much cheapness as possible. Eventually bought a sika deer, when 5 of 7 lucky crates gave me excitement cards from cube running. That was pretty awesome.

Started to purchase some zhen when I had a 3 month break from PWI when I moved for a job and missed first Christmas event. Used that to start merchanting, since the margin was so dang high. Then I think I held off, until doing a CS for 2 different accounts, during the first timer buy specials. Since then just been merchanting and spending money through electricity. I miss having free electricity and a villa from that company though.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    First thing I got from Cash shop was charms for TW with bought gold from AH. Eventually added xp scrolls, but mostly used the mp regen pots I'd craft with apoth for as much cheapness as possible. Eventually bought a sika deer, when 5 of 7 lucky crates gave me excitement cards from cube running. That was pretty awesome.

Started to purchase some zhen when I had a 3 month break from PWI when I moved for a job and missed first Christmas event. Used that to start merchanting, since the margin was so dang high. Then I think I held off, until doing a CS for 2 different accounts, during the first timer buy specials. Since then just been merchanting and spending money through electricity. I miss having free electricity and a villa from that company though.

b:thanks sounds like the life. A villa b:cute
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015

b:thanks sounds like the life. A villa b:cute

Nice villa, lotsa desert. The good with the bad. PWI worked pretty well for passing the years over there.
  • tommcc9
    tommcc9 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ive cashshopped £1.4k nearlly since 2009 and i only have 1 character a sin i just have the weapon of r9rr not even the set but ive also made going on £940 just from gold alone, all i do is farm and i dont do anything else on the game, not anymore anyway so ty pwi b:laugh
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    This game is finite.

I think this is probably the simplest and most interesting point here. No offense to everyone else.

Actually the person I was thinking of who maxed credit cards is a close friend (and not RiotFox - sorry to disappoint you loyal subjects and drama hungry fiends) and their gear isn't even close to end game after maxing their credit cards.

I too have spent a lot of money, constantly looking forward to being "done". But when you reach end game, what then?

PK white named level 60s at Caravan?

Seems like more fun to farm slower and spend within reason in a way....

Anyway just an interesting angle and a good reminder to those of us who spend feverishly to meet an end game goal.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Poll says paying off Candleflame for the next 5 years b:chuckle I assume 5 years of debt = neuma not candleflame.

Either way comment was rhetorical.

It's very common on my server to set up a cat shop to buy FSP coins to make A level War Avatar Packs.

It's more economical than buying S Cards as your chance is greatly increased and the benefit is greater.

Is it possible to BUY nuema? I always thought that was a farm only thing.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015

It isn't. I'm pretty sure Aubree was talking about Nuema Portal set which is by far the best cards set in this game. (I know you didn't invite me to answer, so I hope you won't be mad b:thanks)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's very common on my server to set up a cat shop to buy FSP coins to make A level War Avatar Packs.

It's more economical than buying S Cards as your chance is greatly increased and the benefit is greater.

Buying nuemas is impossibru atm how ever u can buy rice fashon weapons for psy b:victory
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    therev wrote: »
    Buying nuemas is impossibru atm how ever u can buy rice fashon weapons for psy b:victory

Are there rice axes yet?

Maybe they could have like. A seaweed handle. With some nice soysauce for colour.
  • AngelRiot - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    I think this is probably the simplest and most interesting point here. No offense to everyone else.

Actually the person I was thinking of who maxed credit cards is a close friend (and not RiotFox - sorry to disappoint you loyal subjects and drama hungry fiends) and their gear isn't even close to end game after maxing their credit cards.

I too have spent a lot of money, constantly looking forward to being "done". But when you reach end game, what then?

PK white named level 60s at Caravan?

Seems like more fun to farm slower and spend within reason in a way....

Anyway just an interesting angle and a good reminder to those of us who spend feverishly to meet an end game goal.

I have an honest question. For people who can't farm (not enough time or desire to try) do you think there's a reasonable alternative? Just not spend as much, or? I myself see the logic, the game has an end, like most virtual things...so to spend large amounts of money in a short period of time is questionable, but for some people it might be the only option...the only thing that could be handled differently is the amount, and time span in which the money is spent. But as I always said, not my place to dictate how people spend their assets.
    Again - just a question, I would like to see your opinion after the statement you made above regarding "slower farming."
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    I have an honest question. For people who can't farm (not enough time or desire to try) do you think there's a reasonable alternative? Just not spend as much, or?

A reasonable alternative to farming? Im assuming your question is directed to me.

There are a few options as far as I am aware. Merchanting is one. Buy low, sell high.

Playing the market is another. Buy/Sell gold

A combination of these two. Buy Gold before sales start when its lower and invest in cash shop items that are high in demand or sell well.

I'm sure there are more but I have always been a cash shopper/farmer combination so if there is more I'm not really all that privvy to it. But the thing that all of these suggestions will have in common is that they will take patience, and thought. The only easy thing with instant gratification (unless you have to wait for your bank to approve the transaction) is cash shopping which as you and others have mentioned requires patience and thought and sometimes sacrifice in the other areas of our lives :)

Cash shopping is a reasonable alternative for anyone who doesnt have the time or desire to farm in game. PWI is something different to everyone. Some people enjoy the challenge of farming. Some people enjoy gearing up toons and the challenge of that, Some people like to quest, Some people like the social aspect of it. And some people just want to open packs and watch pretty lights go off when you pwn noobs (As a dear friend has told me LOL) which is fine too if you have the means to do so b:pleased

Ack you edited your post.

Well, mostly what i meant by that was that I might slow down on my own cash shopping to farm my gear more slowly because I doubt highly I will ever make another alt to my main's level of gear so pretty much once my main is done thats it for me :c

For others that might slow down yeah I might say slow down spending is the only way to do it. But you can also do the other merching and investing stuff as well to fund your gear. It does take knowledge though which is why I havent really gone that direction. I have fun farming so I dont mind investing time in doing that. But yeah it doesnt take too much time once youre set to have a few cat shops set up while you AFK
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A reasonable alternative to farming? Im assuming your question is directed to me.

There are a few options as far as I am aware. Merchanting is one. Buy low, sell high.

Playing the market is another. Buy/Sell gold

A combination of these two. Buy Gold before sales start when its lower and invest in cash shop items that are high in demand or sell well.

I'm sure there are more but I have always been a cash shopper/farmer combination so if there is more I'm not really all that privvy to it. But the thing that all of these suggestions will have in common is that they will take patience, and thought. The only easy thing with instant gratification (unless you have to wait for your bank to approve the transaction) is cash shopping which as you and others have mentioned requires patience and thought and sometimes sacrifice in the other areas of our lives :)

Cash shopping is a reasonable alternative for anyone who doesnt have the time or desire to farm in game. PWI is something different to everyone. Some people enjoy the challenge of farming. Some people enjoy gearing up toons and the challenge of that, Some people like to quest, Some people like the social aspect of it. And some people just want to open packs and watch pretty lights go off when you pwn noobs (As a dear friend has told me LOL) which is fine too if you have the means to do so b:pleased

Ack you edited your post.

Well, mostly what i meant by that was that I might slow down on my own cash shopping to farm my gear more slowly because I doubt highly I will ever make another alt to my main's level of gear so pretty much once my main is done thats it for me :c

For others that might slow down yeah I might say slow down spending is the only way to do it. But you can also do the other merching and investing stuff as well to fund your gear. It does take knowledge though which is why I havent really gone that direction. I have fun farming so I dont mind investing time in doing that. But yeah it doesnt take too much time once youre set to have a few cat shops set up while you AFK

And this is how an accountant is made b:laugh
    I think if you are really good with getting wealthy in game then you could probably be good at rl business.....however for some reaosn I find being good with money irl I still suck at it in game
  • sweetannabelle
    sweetannabelle Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When I have some money and I really want something, I'll get it. As long as it's under £20, it's okay.
    I don't spend monthly, every few months, yeah. b:cute
    YL4E0jS.jpg
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Would be nice if c cards could be leveled to b then b to a then a to s.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2015

People in catshops buying coins are probably merchants; they aren't charging up credit cards for that. They are also most likely selling either in the same shop, or at a different location for more than the purchased price. So yes A card set is probably not the aim of a cash shopper. So I'm not sure how you think setting a catshop is in anyway related to maxed credit cards.

Zoldi is correct I was talking about neuma portal set which is cash shop ONLY item. You either have to buy packs from boutique or the catalysts.