What Order Should I join?

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Stormbringer
Im at lvl94 now. 2-3 more days of dailies and bh and ill hit 95.
Then as we all know I can go Morai and join an order.
But the problem is I cannot decide yet what order should I join.
What order will benefit me most as a Stormbringer?
Does it matter or not that I am sage?
giphy.gif

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have a 100-100-101 Demon Stormy and I have figured at this point it doesn't really matter what order we join - we are "treading water" until skills and gears and such are released.

So for me I went Lumi and now have 4k prestige - after losing 5% i still have enough to get whatever skills are available (when they are available)

I have recently left Lumi and going to join Shroud tonight and work up to 4k and then do it again with Corona - no real plan other than getting in and getting points/ prestige.

my hope is to get 3500+ prestige (even after i have left order) for all 3 orders and that way when we get the new skills I can just switch orders as needed so i get my skills almost immediately as they are released (might have to save a bit more influence)

So thats what I am doing for me - hope it helps you make a good decision for yourself.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My storm joined Shroud first. This because, according to a past post in the skill thread, the skill that increases range is from there. I'll stay in Shroud untill the skill is released. Next ones will be Luminance and Corona.

Only thing that might keep me in an order for longer (before returning to shroud) is the possibility to make the celestial skill from them.

Being Sage or Demon has no importance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I went 7k prestige in shroud, to max it and regain influence after buying the morai scythe in there. Also if the 100 comes out in there, I can switch back and grab it.

Jumped to lumi next, and once I reach 4k or so will head over to Corona. These I have nothing I plan on purchasing, so just getting them boosted since it's a new account that has my SB and can't swap skills over.

If I reach 4k in both lumi and corona before skills come out, I will go back to shroud for the extra PV token.

The first is kind of hard to say now, if you don't plan on getting the morai scythe at all. The skills should be out in a month or two, which means planning your goals and going based off that. Unfortunately we don't know three key things to help make it easier:

We don't know which order the celestial is.
    We don't know the influence tier required for each skill.
    What if any upgrades are there with AEU books

These would really help, but we don't know them. We might be able to guess that our range booster will be like the archer one, at similar tier with the ability to boost with an AEU book. Just no way of knowing.

If you aren't getting morai weapon, or concerned about getting the celestial skill free, you're better off just aiming to max each order to skillbook tier, and then moving to the next one. The order you'd join orders would be determined by how far off you think the skills will be introduced, and how high a gear change you plan on having.

Far enough and with high enough gear, you'd want to do shroud last for saving the most prestige and doing PV spam with high end gear. But even that can change if you get high end gear early and want to level immediately.

Not really an answer, I know; but just trying to give things to think about for determining the order you should go in for you. It'll differ for everyone, based on how old their character is, their goal, their gear, their guess on when skills come out, etc; it all comes into play. And with so many unknowns, there isn't a real definitive answer.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    I went 7k prestige in shroud, to max it and regain influence after buying the morai scythe in there. Also if the 100 comes out in there, I can switch back and grab it.

Jumped to lumi next, and once I reach 4k or so will head over to Corona. These I have nothing I plan on purchasing, so just getting them boosted since it's a new account that has my SB and can't swap skills over.

If I reach 4k in both lumi and corona before skills come out, I will go back to shroud for the extra PV token.

The first is kind of hard to say now, if you don't plan on getting the morai scythe at all. The skills should be out in a month or two, which means planning your goals and going based off that. Unfortunately we don't know three key things to help make it easier:

We don't know which order the celestial is.
    We don't know the influence tier required for each skill.
    What if any upgrades are there with AEU books

These would really help, but we don't know them. We might be able to guess that our range booster will be like the archer one, at similar tier with the ability to boost with an AEU book. Just no way of knowing.

If you aren't getting morai weapon, or concerned about getting the celestial skill free, you're better off just aiming to max each order to skillbook tier, and then moving to the next one. The order you'd join orders would be determined by how far off you think the skills will be introduced, and how high a gear change you plan on having.

Far enough and with high enough gear, you'd want to do shroud last for saving the most prestige and doing PV spam with high end gear. But even that can change if you get high end gear early and want to level immediately.

Not really an answer, I know; but just trying to give things to think about for determining the order you should go in for you. It'll differ for everyone, based on how old their character is, their goal, their gear, their guess on when skills come out, etc; it all comes into play. And with so many unknowns, there isn't a real definitive answer.

The morai scythe you talk about is the one that you need to buy with influence and prestige and coins no? That I would like to get and ad it to my colection.
    But i wont mind to have it either the one that you get it with the morai quests. Dont know yet how good that is.
    giphy.gif

• zenmonkeyzzz
    zenmonkeyzzz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The morai scythe you talk about is the one that you need to buy with influence and prestige and coins no? That I would like to get and ad it to my colection.
    But i wont mind to have it either the one that you get it with the morai quests. Dont know yet how good that is.

Yes the Shroud scythe Sylvae mentions, when recast, has really impressive stats. I would love the recast version of it, but I think getting the mats from maze runs will be way too time-consuming for me personallly. I have both the Quest reward Morai weapon ( level 95) but still think the maze level 85 one does slightly more damage.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    When recast?b:cry
    have to do QSM no?
    omg nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    It requires tons of mats b:cry
    giphy.gif

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The first is kind of hard to say now, if you don't plan on getting the morai scythe at all. The skills should be out in a month or two, which means planning your goals and going based off that.

Da hell!? I seriously hope that this is not the case. Considering the release of the initial update in china and when it came here we should get the skills very soon, if not next maint. It would be redicolous for them to take twice as long as they took back with EGs. Those are just a few texts...pretty much the only thing they need to do is translate the stuff and for the gears they just need to copy&paste and change the description. Nothing 1 motivated staff member could pull off in a single days work. WTF is wrong with PWCN?!

BTT: I am currently sitting in Lumi and staying there. After the release of the skills I'll grab the one from lumi and make my way to corona. Last will be Shroud for PVing. Sure, I could have also already joined another order..but I didn't wanna risk being stuck with 1k prestige in corona, unable to get my skill from lumi for so long. I want all skills asap. Besides...I really did believe they only take a few weeks to get the skill over here...oh still that naivity after 6 long years.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Da hell!? I seriously hope that this is not the case. Considering the release of the initial update in china and when it came here we should get the skills very soon, if not next maint. It would be redicolous for them to take twice as long as they took back with EGs. Those are just a few texts...pretty much the only thing they need to do is translate the stuff and for the gears they just need to copy&paste and change the description. Nothing 1 motivated staff member could pull off in a single days work. WTF is wrong with PWCN?!

BTT: I am currently sitting in Lumi and staying there. After the release of the skills I'll grab the one from lumi and make my way to corona. Last will be Shroud for PVing. Sure, I could have also already joined another order..but I didn't wanna risk being stuck with 1k prestige in corona, unable to get my skill from lumi for so long. I want all skills asap. Besides...I really did believe they only take a few weeks to get the skill over here...oh still that naivity after 6 long years.

C'mon, let's be honest. I'm willing to visit pretend land and let people make one guess for when something will happen. But that's it; one. They don't get to keep making guesses, because at that point they are basically whipping a magic 8 ball out of their *** to ask for their answers.

We've heard 2 weeks, 1 month; I believe you went with the 2 month choice. Fact is, no one has any clue at this point when they will be out. Which is why it is up to each individual to make up their mind when they think the skills will be added.

Because you know what the difference is between every new guess and every old guess is? The new people actually have a chance at being right, because all the old guesses turned out to be wrong.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Really, the only Order that has any meaning to joining at the moment is either the one with the weapon, which isn't always a thing people care for, or the one with the Nightshade Flyer. The flyer could be worth it, since it's the only other non-cash-shop flyer for the new races, and it's faster than the starting one.

Aside from those two, pick your favourite and build up prestige like the others said, I'd imagine.
  • zenmonkeyzzz
    zenmonkeyzzz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Really, the only Order that has any meaning to joining at the moment is either the one with the weapon, which isn't always a thing people care for, or the one with the Nightshade Flyer.

Shroud in both cases. I joined Shroud first and aimed to get maxed up on prestige to get both, though now I'll probably get neither. I think the flyer is a bit too pricey for a bound item, and the weapon way less impressive without recast. I also liked the sound of the Shroud skill first, and although I'm tempted by Sylvae's suggestion of hopping Orders once I reach a lower level of prestige in each, I'm beginning to fear I might have time to max out at least 2 and join the 3rd Order before the skills become available.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    The one thing I would suggest, is getting the badges when joining.

Because while it may seem it puts you behind over-all for influence buying, if you plan to go beyond 5k prestige that means an increase of 20 influence per day from the Jintao quest. Which means a week will roughly buy back the cost of the badge, and also give you 7 of the scrolls towards your celestial skill if going that route.

So the first one for 80% is basically going to pay itself off quickly, just by jumping prestige so much and getting the influence to buy itself back in a realtively quick time. For the remaining ones, it depends again on if the skills are out, and in which order our celestial ends up being if going the free route.

The morai weapon is an immediate upgrade as is with even medium gear, the trick is finding out where it goes dormant in power and when it re-emerges. Because the 60 slayer is a straight up 50% boost to all mag attk and ATTK lvls for most of our skills against other players. And if R9 as an improvement is brought in, you're also bringing hopefully an intelligent diversification of power in the form of cards and such which can strengthen morai vs R9 or G15/16.

Sharding will also matter, any deities benefit slayer level more than r9/G16 due to the boost. And with any luck, they'll add the morai recast mats into the NW forge to boost the flagging cost of tokens, and to show they realize they already screwed our server economy too much to try making it worth it spending months for the gains.

If you have the influence to spare, and don't want to spend time on the way to R9, morai is definitely worth getting. But if the skills come out before someone can get it, and they have a decent alternative (r8r and such), they can easily hold off until later on. Because unless an improvement kills at least one spell faster, it just doesn't really matter except on bosses.

I would suggest keeping an eye on if the morai recast mats do make it to NW forges, since most of us will be trying to end in shroud for PV tokens and exclusive garnets anyways. Saving up 900 or so for it might not be bad then, especially with a good set of cards.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    I think Im going shroud. I see the scythe is in shroud and I want it even if I will not be able to recast it due to the fact that QSM sucks.
    Then I will switch depending on skills that will be released. Hope they will be released soon.
    giphy.gif

• Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Is the morai scythe really worth to be mentioned in a scenario like this? I mean cmon. G16 is way better (when it is released ofc) and doesn't really cost that much more. Just corious as to why so many people consider it.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Is the morai scythe really worth to be mentioned in a scenario like this? I mean cmon. G16 is way better (when it is released ofc) and doesn't really cost that much more. Just corious as to why so many people consider it.

Mostly because the amp effect can easily counter the 40 atk levels, and cards and other mag attk adds counter the refinement level and base stats bonus.

Basically at 130% damage from jones blessing alone, the morai scythe's 60 slaying level = 65 atk lvls. It is as strong there as r9rr, it's just weaker everywhere else. But the amp is further boosted by more atk levels from gear bonuses, inscriptions, sharding; everything that adds atk levels onto the character boosts the effect of slaying level to be worth more atk levels than even r9rr.

Which is the main point. The more towards end game it gets, the more it skews towards slaying level becoming more and more effective. Sure by that point it's a curb-stomp either way, but if we're talking about max efficiency in clearing dungeons and soloing things, it's worth it in that regard.

And that is with just 60 slaying level, 70 slaying level should be around 58% or so at current levels, which would have it at 75 ATK lvls with just jones' blessing. Which is why I would love to get that sucker, but the time sink is a waste at the moment for the pay-off. So I've got the base one now, and hopefully they toss those mats into NW forge.

We can basically get a weapon right now, at similar cost, which will improve in quality as we gear up. G16 gets worse as we gear up, until we sell it for better things if possible. But morai allows us to bypass that whole mess, and have it right now.

EDIT: Also there's the power creep which means as long as the game keeps going, they will add more power-ups. Each of which the morai recast will be poised to make the most out of. Unless it's morai RR recast; then any refines done would be kind of screwed.

Further EDIT: Was just thinking about it, and realized I combined two different things into that one. I got the math kicking around somewhere, but the morai being auto-65 ATK lvls above is wrong. It was taking the set bonuses and sharding with some inscriptions for a base amount that I was using to compare values between warsoul, warsoul recast, g16, morai, and morai recast.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Ya, true.

But that only apply to a pure PvE point. G16 is miles ahead in PvP and nearly anyone does some TW/NW from time to time.

I'm not really sure if anyone needs to push themselves to max dmg possible based on a Morai Weapon, PvE or not.

But I can surely relate. The thing I currently enjoy the most on my SB is the ability to 1-shot any mob I pass by. That would surely be also possible with full morai gears which is really worth it under that aspect xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476