PWI Oldies

Tiramnia - Sanctuary
Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Any old PWI players? I have been playing for a few years, since age of spirits (before rising tide expansion) the community seems so different now from back then, I remember it being much more fun and people were nicer, and it wasn't so competitive! We had pool parties and all sorts, higher lvl players helped out the noobs, and I will never forget my mentor, Bosk a barb =) the old man he was haha. Are there any more old players left?
Post edited by Tiramnia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I played for a while on sanctuary before switching to Dreamweaver when it was created. I still remember the faction I was in on sanctuary (TheRomans) and the leader (SRAFF) who taught me a lot about the game. And I remember crafting my level 40 Heavy gear over and over to get them all 3 stars, and how good I felt in my awesome glowing red armor, and being pretty OP for the time as a level 47 or so blademaster
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    I played for a while on sanctuary before switching to Dreamweaver when it was created. I still remember the faction I was in on sanctuary (TheRomans) and the leader (SRAFF) who taught me a lot about the game. And I remember crafting my level 40 Heavy gear over and over to get them all 3 stars, and how good I felt in my awesome glowing red armor, and being pretty OP for the time as a level 47 or so blademaster

Yeah those old memories are the best ones, I wasn't very big on factions back then, but I always had people to quest with or run dungeons. I found people always congregated at plume haha, I believe that was the hight of this game as a community. The last time I played which was around april of last year everyone was using dual accounts and no one seemed interested to just slow down and enjoy the game, it was constant play to lvl then log off.

It was nice sitting with the people who you just ran a great bh with watching the moon in game =) it brought the game to life
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Im old, i remember the time before genies. When we had to manually put in coordinates on our map to find quest dispatchers and mobs and quest rewarders
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah game is not the same as it was i remeber doing fb 19 for xp/rep TW in 3star/npc/tt and everyone was trying to ger demon/sage fairy if i remeber my first faction was Ravenous and the only member i know that still plays is bobzl that i knew since way back then
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Im old, i remember the time before genies. When we had to manually put in coordinates on our map to find quest dispatchers and mobs and quest rewarders

I wish I had known about the game back then, that musta been fun, it seems like the lack of functions in game required players to be more social
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    therev wrote: »
    yeah game is not the same as it was i remeber doing fb 19 for xp/rep TW in 3star/npc/tt and everyone was trying to ger demon/sage fairy if i remeber my first faction was Ravenous and the only member i know that still plays is bobzl that i knew since way back then

I really didnt do TW or anything like that everyone wanted to join in with fb though! And there was/is a glitch in one of the fbs that lets you go through the wall in an area and you can run out of the map avoiding everything, the reactions from the players who didnt know about it was great, it was like a treat for them once you had helped them clear the dungeon
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm an oldie from 2009 :p I only lurk the forums nowadays though, just way too many issues with the game and I found a MMO that isn't pay to win and way more fun^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    I'm an oldie from 2009 :p I only lurk the forums nowadays though, just way too many issues with the game and I found a MMO that isn't pay to win and way more fun^^

Huh wonder what that mmo is, give me a hint so I can find it!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There might just be a hint somewhere below my post. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, a good amount of us around.

Still remember the training we did with 23 Legendary people in the area around Sanctuary, for the first TW ever on the server. A bunch of people level 9-42 running around teaming up to kill off the lvl 7X mobs we could find, to get practice for ganking higher leveled mobs.

Heading in and slowly clearing through the mobs, everyone learning what attack each of the mobs did, watching whole sections disappear when the horse mob would unleash it's aoe fan attack.

Did prefer pre-genie, if only because it had the roles more set. Genies allowed for a lot less defined roles, and made the classes more well-rounded. It did add a bit more functionality in pvp, but made it rely less on working together and favored more solo style killing. Which we already had, so it seemed it took more than it added.
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    There might just be a hint somewhere below my post. b:chuckle

Like in your signature?
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, a good amount of us around.

Still remember the training we did with 23 Legendary people in the area around Sanctuary, for the first TW ever on the server. A bunch of people level 9-42 running around teaming up to kill off the lvl 7X mobs we could find, to get practice for ganking higher leveled mobs.

Heading in and slowly clearing through the mobs, everyone learning what attack each of the mobs did, watching whole sections disappear when the horse mob would unleash it's aoe fan attack.

Did prefer pre-genie, if only because it had the roles more set. Genies allowed for a lot less defined roles, and made the classes more well-rounded. It did add a bit more functionality in pvp, but made it rely less on working together and favored more solo style killing. Which we already had, so it seemed it took more than it added.

Maybe the oldies should stick together!
  • sondok
    sondok Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm from 08. When marriages were a super big deal..I miss squads for quests. Not being able to do 3-3 without a second thought. Idk I miss the people from before. Now everyone is just concerned about being the hardest to kill and it's kind of annoying.
    lvl 101 ea from Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I really didnt do TW or anything like that everyone wanted to join in with fb though! And there was/is a glitch in one of the fbs that lets you go through the wall in an area and you can run out of the map avoiding everything, the reactions from the players who didnt know about it was great, it was like a treat for them once you had helped them clear the dungeon

there was a wall gltich in fb 39 idk if its still there
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    you called? b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Was in Regicide & Legendary on Sanctuary as RisenPhoenix before fishies came along, original races. Not long after OB started. Switched over and was one of first to play on Archosaur. Founded powerhouse Narla there. Long time I've been here b:shocked
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    sondok wrote: »
    I'm from 08. When marriages were a super big deal..I miss squads for quests. Not being able to do 3-3 without a second thought. Idk I miss the people from before. Now everyone is just concerned about being the hardest to kill and it's kind of annoying.

I have to agree, its just not the same and I doubt it ever will be again
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    therev wrote: »
    there was a wall gltich in fb 39 idk if its still there

That was the one I was talking about I think but its been a while
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    you called? b:cool

Haha yes....yes I did
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Man I wonder if bosk plays anymore, there were a lot of older players back then, now they are all young and much of muchness. Before there was more diversity!
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    It annoyes me that my join date is wrong....
  • Silmarien - Dreamweaver
    Silmarien - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yea there are plenty still playing, i started in 2009 on Heavens Tear server, joined Dreamweaver
    when it opened, the days of no genies and no op gear/players was fun, and yes seemed people were much friendy and helpful because they had to be to get things done, but time and the game have moved on, as did many of the old players, but there are a lot still around, and will be for a long time yet, despite the negatives of Perfect World theirs still no other game (as far as i'm concerned) that comes close to it that would drag me away. b:victoryb:bye
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    I started at end 2008 I think, on Sanctuary. I'm not sure how much the game really changed, or if my own goals just shifted over time. I think we just recall the good memories better while in the present the bad things jump out more. People complained about dailies now and back then (remember the complaints about wq, especially before autopath). The degree of helpfullness seems about the same to me, it's just that in the old times the higher lvls had more gain in helping with fb tabs. Still a same bunch of idiots making wc a troll fest. Competitiveness shifted from lvls and skills to gear. I'm not so sure if the community is really that much worse then it was before, or if the game content has become worse on itself ...

In the end, I've been away and back a few times. The reasons for always getting back is the same : faction and fl. I can easily do without PWI game wise. There is are lot of substitutes to spend free time. But over time I met people I enjoy playing with, got to know some for real as well, and they are the reason I get back. The rest is just what you make of it imo.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015
    Man I wonder if bosk plays anymore, there were a lot of older players back then, now they are all young and much of muchness. Before there was more diversity!
    Yep, Bosk is still with us, and we have quite a few of the older crew still in Meteora.

I started in Oct '08 on Lost, but have been on Sanctuary since Nov '08. There's still a lot of diversity, it's just harder to see it through the e-peen in today's comunity. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I started in March 2009, before Age of Spirits (the genie expansion.) I remember the initial skills of all but the Discipline being able to lure, and the consternation when it was restricted to Earthflame on the Zeal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2015

But before you that u had to check pwdatabase.com to find where the mob u needed was b:surrender
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But before you that u had to check pwdatabase.com to find where the mob u needed was b:surrender

I never did that because I didn't know the site existed back then. I just ran or flew around until I found them... they were generally near the quest giver.

Autopath definitely makes things easier! I remember running paperclip quest back in the day... I'd overshoot the mark 99% of the time on long flights because I'd go afk.

I started in October 2008 and have been playing ever since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Yep, Bosk is still with us, and we have quite a few of the older crew still in Meteora.

I started in Oct '08 on Lost, but have been on Sanctuary since Nov '08. There's still a lot of diversity, it's just harder to see it through the e-peen in today's comunity. b:chuckle

Yay!!! Bosk was my mentor haha he taught me the game, he is one of those people I wont forget! I remember him saying something at the time along the lines of "I dont normally do this but I will help you with getting started" or something like that, haha and thats when my love of the game bloomed
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    iperen wrote: »
    I started at end 2008 I think, on Sanctuary. I'm not sure how much the game really changed, or if my own goals just shifted over time. I think we just recall the good memories better while in the present the bad things jump out more. People complained about dailies now and back then (remember the complaints about wq, especially before autopath). The degree of helpfullness seems about the same to me, it's just that in the old times the higher lvls had more gain in helping with fb tabs. Still a same bunch of idiots making wc a troll fest. Competitiveness shifted from lvls and skills to gear. I'm not so sure if the community is really that much worse then it was before, or if the game content has become worse on itself ...

In the end, I've been away and back a few times. The reasons for always getting back is the same : faction and fl. I can easily do without PWI game wise. There is are lot of substitutes to spend free time. But over time I met people I enjoy playing with, got to know some for real as well, and they are the reason I get back. The rest is just what you make of it imo.

Back then wc wasn't as common, only the rich could wc, and I personally felt that back then the community really was better, I really only stay around because I have a lot of precious memories on this game, when I was but a teen and an odd one out, but online no one cared about that ☺️
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    b:pleased Guess you can consider me an oldie, started way back in Oct 08 same Character if you remember. Welcome back btw b:thanks