Community Challenge II: class Toad tank

2»

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If just before a chop you'd have to break the stun with a genie. Faith skill would help I guess. Getting hit with axeforce isn't too big a problem as you can purify afterwards.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The stun from dot-axe thingy lasts long enough to still be stunned when he do his one shot.
    However you dont get dot-stun at all if you're keeping aggro, it's only a problem if you go solo.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And then he uses a stun randomly on the entire squad, just before a chop or throwing an axe.
    What do you do?

Absolute domain
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did I just read that you're not interested in damage as a tank?

*Facepalm*

Me thinks people need lessons in how threat works.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Final boss would be pretty easy, 100 seconds of buddhas guard. **** his rampage.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did I just read that you're not interested in damage as a tank?

*Facepalm*

Me thinks people need lessons in how threat works.

Normally, you would be right. But in this specific situation a BM would need to be interested in 2 things:
    - Have aggro when frog's axe slam comes (River Avalanche can take care of this, as it's a aggro forcing skill like Flesh Ream).
    - Have enough chi to spark when the axe slam comes to be immune - or when the axeforce debuff is on you.

Of course you'd use skill based damage if you've got enough chi, but for fast chi building as a bm, APS is the way to go. It just doesn't deal as much damage while you do it - which you can fix by having River Avalanche put you back on top aggro.

As for tanking Mushi during rampage: Myriad Sword, Buddas Guard and/or Marrow Physical. Max phys reduction plus boss damage halved, should work wonders. Even one casting of Buddas followed by MSS tends to save a tank that forgets to invoke, so chaining these should mean it's np. Frog and the phys immune king would be more problematic (but solveable with abovementioned method and elemental apoths respectively).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Or instead of elemental apoths, imbue an elemental shard in one of your weapons. I'd recommend something other than wood for the shard, so you can use the same weapon on the phys + wood immune tower in SoT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    2.5m mark, nice thought it was somewhere around there. Thanks.

Also I think I'll do a Joe Challenge where he has to make five consecutive posts that contain nothing that could be remotely interpreted as e-peen stroking. b:chuckle jk.

you can bypass it with a 3 mil hit or 2 x 1.5 mil hits or whatever, the boss waits 1,5-2 seconds to actually heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As usual the challenge completion needs to be recorded uploaded and linked here.

ZZZ gunna make me make a video?
    I'm behind one the ones I gotta make right now as is.... b:surrender

But ya, just spark during the Chop pretty easy to time.
    Use Deaden nerves before starting.
    User Tidal when not on CD to avoid annoying stuns.
    Also cycle Mazesteps if Tidal on CD.

EDIT: OH right... Assassin Class ^^
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Toad actually regains full HP if you try to kill him too fast, happened to me a few times. The point of the challenge is to show how an average geared {insert class} could play the role of the barb at toad boss assuming they are in a squad where they can or are allowed to hold aggro. So something with like 3-4 axes or more would be be ideal. i.e. focus of this challenge is on creative use of class skills, apo and genie.

This happens if you deal a very large amount of damage and he lives for anywhere between 5-10 seconds he will instantly regain his health, however if you can kill him in under 5 seconds he will instantly die without regening his health back to full. To do this you need the right squad comp and a couple people that can deal a few million damage to high defense lv 150 bosses in a couple seconds.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Since no video yet I guess no one tried yet.
    giphy.gif