How to get more points in Tigers

koryn7
koryn7 Posts: 48 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all! I was wondering if someone could give me advice for getting more points in the tigers event!

Some information: I am an r9 3rd recast+12 wep mystic. I am rb 2 with maxed damage passive. I use channel gear to hit mobs quicker and always go with full damage buffs. If spice drops well enough I usually get around 27-34k points. I usually go to Tellus. I get a lot of mobs, I am almost always first to the boss. After we kill the boss, I go farm spirit herbs for more points.

The problem: there is this one mystic who ALWAYS gets first place, and I am not exaggerating. I had her beat last night and was so excited! But then her points DOUBLED at the last minute to around 60k making her the winner over all of the classes, not just mystic. I don't understand how this is possible. How does one get this many points at this event? Am I doing something wrong? We both have basically the same gear, she just has an emperor tome and I think my weapon is actually better. Does anyone have any advice on how to get more points in tigers? b:victory
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    considering what the first reward in the tiger event can be, do you really expect someone to come here and tell you what to do? :D its not always about having the best gear ;)

hint: the other mystic had a bank full of spices saved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • koryn7
    edited February 2015
    considering what the first reward in the tiger event can be, do you really expect someone to come here and tell you what to do? :D its not always about having the best gear ;)

I would expect that people would still give advice if I am doing something wrong or could better myself. I would do the same for them. Perhaps I am naive to think that people would want to help each other...but maybe if more people did, this world would be a better place. b:surrender

Regardless, I also thought about the spices saved...but she must have a buttload saved to win every week. b:shocked

I also realize it's not about the best gear in this event but I was thinking it would be silly if she had simply gotten that much points on a boss with similar gear LOL.

Thanks so much for your reply :)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    koryn7 wrote: »
    I would expect that people would still give advice if I am doing something wrong or could better myself. I would do the same for them. Perhaps I am naive to think that people would want to help each other...but maybe if more people did, this world would be a better place. b:surrender

Regardless, I also thought about the spices saved...but she must have a buttload saved to win every week. b:shocked

I also realize it's not about the best gear in this event but I was thinking it would be silly if she had simply gotten that much points on a boss with similar gear LOL.

Thanks so much for your reply :)

There's helping people, and there's **** yourself over to help someone who will actively work against you from that point on. Trying to make it seem like it's just helping requires a level of thought where drinking and headbanging concrete walls would be required.

Because if you make use of their help, you are actively going to be **** over the person that helped you if they are on the same server, from then on. If you want to say you wouldn't do that, then there'd be no reason to bother informing you of the strategy. So it's a Catch 22 where you are automatically going to be the one acting selfishly.

But there are also people who cheat, bring multiple alts who just kill spam, have them all teamed up, and free pick-up to focus on just 1 or 2 of their characters getting all the spices. That's another way people consistently have such high amounts. They might claim it's a group working all together to bank, but it's easy to prove or disprove by checking for auto-culti actions.
  • koryn7
    edited February 2015
    There's helping people, and there's **** yourself over to help someone who will actively work against you from that point on. Trying to make it seem like it's just helping requires a level of thought where drinking and headbanging concrete walls would be required.

Because if you make use of their help, you are actively going to be **** over the person that helped you if they are on the same server, from then on. If you want to say you wouldn't do that, then there'd be no reason to bother informing you of the strategy. So it's a Catch 22 where you are automatically going to be the one acting selfishly.

But there are also people who cheat, bring multiple alts who just kill spam, have them all teamed up, and free pick-up to focus on just 1 or 2 of their characters getting all the spices. That's another way people consistently have such high amounts. They might claim it's a group working all together to bank, but it's easy to prove or disprove by checking for auto-culti actions.

I get what you're saying with the helping vs. **** yourself up. I can see that. :) But it's not as if there is a secret that allows one to always win at Tigers....is there? b:shocked

The rest of your comment makes sense to me as well. I hate to accuse people of cheating, but when you win every week..it seems to be a fairly plausible scenario. Maybe I should look out for that.

Thanks so much for your comments :)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Said person probably intentionally lost for months to start their reserves. Not much you can do about it.

27-34k seems low as **** for a r9rr +12 mystic though. 70-80k should be easily doable even without splices. Especially if you're sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Eoria, considering the fact that the majority of clerics on Hl that are rrr9 and do the event only get about 18k or less(3-4 do get higher but like i said majority) 27-30k is pretty good
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It is those spices, last night I had my bank full of them and after using them I was 3rd overall for about 30 secs : p

I can definitely see how stock piling them for months would help a lot.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Plus it's not the end result being looked at anyways; that proves nothing.

It's the jump towards the end, that cannot be justified only from killing off a tiger. I could easily see 10-12k from just that, for a R9rr +12 picking the right tiger, but it's when they jump by excessive amounts at the end. That denotes the points are coming from celestial incense being used for the jump.

Plus that also ignores the level of difference. When someone is 50K ahead of 2nd place in a class, it's because there is no reason for them to hold back. So they use all the spice up for whatever reason. But that also proves they got all of that in one go, as they wouldn't be dipping into reserves to get that high. They are simply using up what they have, due to lack of space. Which still leaves it as them abusing in some form to get that many spices.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2015
    Eoria, considering the fact that the majority of clerics on Hl that are rrr9 and do the event only get about 18k or less(3-4 do get higher but like i said majority) 27-30k is pretty good

Mystic DD > cleric DD, especially when the majority of those clerics are vit build.

Also, 10-12k on a boss is easily doable on g16 Nirv +10. r9rr +12 should score way higher than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Mystic DD > cleric DD, especially when the majority of those clerics are vit build.

Also, 10-12k on a boss is easily doable on g16 Nirv +10. r9rr +12 should score way higher than that.

....depending on tiger spot and number of others fighting it, which was part of my comment. For emptier servers/events, more is possible. But with a good amount of people covering every tiger, you're not going to be scoring ungodly amounts due to competition.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2015
    ....depending on tiger spot and number of others fighting it, which was part of my comment. For emptier servers/events, more is possible. But with a good amount of people covering every tiger, you're not going to be scoring ungodly amounts due to competition.

True. Forgot how terrible pve servers were for such things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015

This.

Its not about op so much as cheating.

For me i just go for the event gold chance so idgaf.

Theres no secret to being great its all really about cheating in the smartestway possible. And thats loading your points with spices from past tigers at the last possible minute, and using more than you think your competitors might.

Kind of sad imo but well. They want the dots and who can blame them if pwi makes the tiger spices an unlimited time item.
  • koryn7
    edited February 2015

No one gets that high of points on Raging Tides. Even the most OP sin we have got around 40k points yesterday and that was still less than the mystic who won. I have not seen those numbers: 70-80k as you mentioned before, ever.
  • koryn7
    edited February 2015
    Plus it's not the end result being looked at anyways; that proves nothing.

It's the jump towards the end, that cannot be justified only from killing off a tiger. I could easily see 10-12k from just that, for a R9rr +12 picking the right tiger, but it's when they jump by excessive amounts at the end. That denotes the points are coming from celestial incense being used for the jump.

Plus that also ignores the level of difference. When someone is 50K ahead of 2nd place in a class, it's because there is no reason for them to hold back. So they use all the spice up for whatever reason. But that also proves they got all of that in one go, as they wouldn't be dipping into reserves to get that high. They are simply using up what they have, due to lack of space. Which still leaves it as them abusing in some form to get that many spices.

This makes sense because her points always come at the end. I have watched her and she is usually in the top three but she always jumps to first place right before the end. She must have stockpiled spices for a long time. Perhaps if PWI were too make them a limited time item that would help make it more fair for all.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To give you some comparison, my r999 +12 (799 magic) demon mystic on Sanctuary gets about 19k boss contri (one boss) and 13-19k from mobs (depending on how much competition in the area and luck with spices. This amount consistently gets me second place. First place mystic is sage with more magic than me, and gets 40-45k points. I do a little better than him on mobs but I can't outdamage him on bosses.

A huge jump at the end could be spices stored up, or they could be killing the very last boss. If one tiger has less people attacking it, you'll get more contri from it because it will take longer to kill. Check the order in which the tigers die, usually the demonic ones die first. So if the one you're on dies 5th or 6th, you're probably not in the optimal area.
  • koryn7
    edited February 2015
    To give you some comparison, my r999 +12 (799 magic) demon mystic on Sanctuary gets about 19k boss contri (one boss) and 13-19k from mobs (depending on how much competition in the area and luck with spices. This amount consistently gets me second place. First place mystic is sage with more magic than me, and gets 40-45k points. I do a little better than him on mobs but I can't outdamage him on bosses.

A huge jump at the end could be spices stored up, or they could be killing the very last boss. If one tiger has less people attacking it, you'll get more contri from it because it will take longer to kill. Check the order in which the tigers die, usually the demonic ones die first. So if the one you're on dies 5th or 6th, you're probably not in the optimal area.

Thanks CapnK! I will check that out for sure. b:victory

The boss I usually do was great for a long time, but then more people started coming to it and it dies 4th usually. I only get three sparks in where I used to get 5 or 6. Perhaps I could do better then by finding one that is near last to die.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    b:chuckle This week I did it on a seeker alt, and only did the Elder run around like I always do. For starters I came fifth in the seekers because there were only 6 of us. Then my rewards included 1 x demon/sage event card; 1 x 2mill card; 1 x 5 mill card, LOL - best results ever and I didn't kill one mob.

I know this doesn't help you at all OP, just needed to tell someone b:victory
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe it's just me, but on my Archer in Tigers it is not the boss that get's me the contribution. Have been Top place archer 2 times, and top 5 every other time this year in the event as an archer. Usually score 90%+ of my points before the boss even spawns.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe it's just me, but on my Archer in Tigers it is not the boss that get's me the contribution. Have been Top place archer 2 times, and top 5 every other time this year in the event as an archer. Usually score 90%+ of my points before the boss even spawns.

Sounds about right for an archer. That range and interval. A mystic would have a harder time getting such points on mobs, especially when half of the mobs can be killed only by slower skills like plant and summon
  • koryn7
    edited February 2015
    b:chuckle This week I did it on a seeker alt, and only did the Elder run around like I always do. For starters I came fifth in the seekers because there were only 6 of us. Then my rewards included 1 x demon/sage event card; 1 x 2mill card; 1 x 5 mill card, LOL - best results ever and I didn't kill one mob.

I know this doesn't help you at all OP, just needed to tell someone b:victory

Gratz! b:laugh
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you're talking about the mystic on HT server, then you're just screwed... They usually get 30-50k points from the bosses alone. It has nothing to do with saved spices.
  • Tyrion - Morai
    Tyrion - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tiger event, never heard of it b:cry
    Hear me roar!
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been wondering about this myself. On the harshlands there are many in-faction pools where 1 person per week is chosen for the top reward by pooling all resources or "Spices" to that 1 individual. This is something I'm willing to try with my faction to see how it works out for a chance to win free DOT's and DOD's I think its worth it.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I always win the event for my class, and sometimes overrall too.

The secret to win is to get a good place where you can kill mobs. The less people around, the better. And for the boss you need to find one where there isn't too much people since the beginning. Since you are a mystic you should go first for the tigers immune to physical damage. The other ones die very fast.

Oh, btw. There is no need to bank spices. As I said, I always win on this event, and I never bank those spices. But I guess you could do this to win sometimes. Also, I don't log any alts, except my ep for buff.
  • Ocypete - Lost City
    Ocypete - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Keep in mind Azura, we only have maybe 50-60 people that compete in tiger event on any said week, so scores of 50k to 80k are easy to get for us on Lost City.
  • koryn7
    edited February 2015
    Keep in mind Azura, we only have maybe 50-60 people that compete in tiger event on any said week, so scores of 50k to 80k are easy to get for us on Lost City.

We have a good deal more people in Raging Tides and it keeps growing. People are everywhere so it's hard to get mobs.
  • koryn7
    edited February 2015
    If you're talking about the mystic on HT server, then you're just screwed... They usually get 30-50k points from the bosses alone. It has nothing to do with saved spices.

Nope, Raging Tides. :)