Arc Trouble

2»

Comments

• kattalinna
    kattalinna Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello there!
    Most of my faction members got the same problem, so i tried something, it works for me. After i closed ARC i cant log in again, but i can play WITHOUT ARC!
    All you need to do, create a shortcut from elementclient.exe and add startbypatcher.
    If you havent upgraded yet, better to create a shortcut from launcher.exe, and add arc:1

Hope you can do it, if not, google it for further info!

IT REALLY WORKS the problems is with arc not with the game, for those who doesn't know how to add or where add the "startbypatcher" or "arc:1" here is a little but really good guide that i found

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1683221

remember create a shortcut from launcher.exe, and add "arc:1" if u didnt update yet

if u are to lazy to check the guide then: right click on the shortcut -> properties -> in target DONT delete anything just at the end of line add a space and then add "startbypatcher" or "arc:1

sorry for my enlgish =P
  • tacos2012
    tacos2012 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i have been experiencing the same problem for the past 4 days. i can browse the internet and play other online games as well as another mmo i play but as soon as i try to log into arc, it says connection timeout check your network connection. i scanned my pc and it says that nothing is wrong with my connection or firewall but that the website is just not responding. so far i can only go to pwi facebook and click on the forum link and sign into forums this way. if i can play another mmo, why cant i log and play pwi?

this is an pwi issue but they never help always just giving excuses about check your connection, check your pc b/c it might be old, check your firewall. this game is probably full of bugs and other issues they just won't take the time to fix. my brother has a brand new computer from Christmas and he has the same problem, his computer is not even 2months old
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015
    tacos2012 wrote: »
    i have been experiencing the same problem for the past 4 days. i can browse the internet and play other online games as well as another mmo i play but as soon as i try to log into arc, it says connection timeout check your network connection. i scanned my pc and it says that nothing is wrong with my connection or firewall but that the website is just not responding. so far i can only go to pwi facebook and click on the forum link and sign into forums this way. if i can play another mmo, why cant i log and play pwi?

this is an pwi issue but they never help always just giving excuses about check your connection, check your pc b/c it might be old, check your firewall. this game is probably full of bugs and other issues they just won't take the time to fix. my brother has a brand new computer from Christmas and he has the same problem, his computer is not even 2months old

Then most likely the default drivers for the video card are ****, and the AV software that came pre-installed is causing an issue.

You have a choice. Stick your head in the sand and QQ, or start doing some research, educating yourself on the reality of PC's and MMO's, and fixing the issue.

Most posters go for shoving their head in the sand and blaming PWE or the client. I don't mind that because I don't see the morons in game much either for reasons that would be obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary
    Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No lie. go to your elementclient directory. create a shortcut to your desktop. modify your shortcut to match "C:\Program Files (x86)\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" "startbypatcher"

you path may be different so please in the target field, go to the end and put a space then "startbypatcher" with the quotes.

close all pwi and arc. run from your shortcut.
    remember to run from patcher or arc during updates to get the updates to play.

While I am here. PWI, FIX ARC OR REMOVE IT.

Thank you.v
  • tacos2012
    tacos2012 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Then most likely the default drivers for the video card are ****, and the AV software that came pre-installed is causing an issue.

You have a choice. Stick your head in the sand and QQ, or start doing some research, educating yourself on the reality of PC's and MMO's, and fixing the issue.

Most posters go for shoving their head in the sand and blaming PWE or the client. I don't mind that because I don't see the morons in game much either for reasons that would be obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense.

what's the point of replying to some1's post if you have nothing helpful to offer? if u can't help or offer a solution you are not needed in this thread. there are plenty of other threads where u can troll ppl and offer your "sage" advice.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015
    tacos2012 wrote: »
    what's the point of replying to some1's post if you have nothing helpful to offer? if u can't help or offer a solution you are not needed in this thread. there are plenty of other threads where u can troll ppl and offer your "sage" advice.

The only reason I cannot help you, is because you failed to provide any helpful information to do so. The only trolls are those of you who will sit here and whine, without offering anything I could use to actually help you.

Also, you can start the client without Arc. I cover it in my sticky thread, which I have already pointed to several times. If you really wanted help, or guidance on doing your own troubleshooting, you would have already read it.
    It's very apparent that you have not, and do not have any wish to get assistance. You just want to sit there and cry, "Oh woe is me! Fix your broken software". In reality, the software runs just fine for the majority of us out there. This means that the issue, whatever it is, resides either on your PC, or in the network connection somewhere between you and the PWE servers.
    Once you pull your heads out of your ***** and begin to face reality, then post what I need to help you, you may actually come across a solution.

Also, in regards to the shortcut, you can also modify your shortcut to the launcher using this...
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe" arc:1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]