Leveling 80+

Options
Aviax - Raging Tide
Aviax - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
So I feel like once I hit 80 leveling is taking a hell of alot longer, now I know and am aware that the higher the level the slower you level but it just feels like it slowed down a lot and is becoming a real struggle to level.
What would be the best way to go about leveling? I know to do BH and PV and other daily quests but aside from those and quests is there no other ways of getting decent exp? Quets don't seem to give very much :(
I'm currently a level 81 SB so I don't know what I could do to get good exp :/
Post edited by Aviax - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So I feel like once I hit 80 leveling is taking a hell of alot longer, now I know and am aware that the higher the level the slower you level but it just feels like it slowed down a lot and is becoming a real struggle to level.
    What would be the best way to go about leveling? I know to do BH and PV and other daily quests but aside from those and quests is there no other ways of getting decent exp? Quets don't seem to give very much :(

Questing works pretty well nowadays for that, especially with X3 xp going at the moment. At 81, you want to do crazy stone and fall's fall dailies if you can, and by 83 you start getting an extra daily added on every 2 levels. So make use of the xp boost we're in to get there and as close to 90 before it ends. You'll get over 2 million xp per day from these dailies, if I remember right.

Most of them die at either 98 or 99, can't remember. So if you save xp items until then, it should make hitting 100 afterwards easier. Currently leveling my DB who is 82, and mostly just auto-culti their earning time. Still manage a level a day that way, which is pretty decent.
  • Aviax - Raging Tide
    Aviax - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Alright thanks :D
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oh, feel I should add that I'm not doing any quests during my leveling. Sticking with just grinding and the dailies I can get. Trying to see if I can basically easy mode releveling in reawakening by having all quests available (except culti) for ease of play. Granted it'll take me longer to get to first reawakening, but I already have too dang many characters running around primal world as is.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Also (and this was probably included when you said dailies) but Phoenix Valley is a big EXP source. Personally I find a 4 person squad to be my preference. Puller, heals, 2DDs. Good exp and you can do 2 runs fairly efficiently (depending on the people in the squad). Hyper and silkworm/ Training esoterica the runs and it'll help a lot to level up
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Ostara - Lost City
    Ostara - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Do the quests at lvl 80. Sometimes it looks like you don't have many in the "Found quest" log but once you finish one, another opens up. One NPC char might be done with a quest line but then they'll have a continuation.
    Don't worry about wanting to save quests for reawakening. When I did it on my EA who already did quests I leveled up fine. Just do the red quest line, BH, CS and PV. I didn't think that dailies would help me but they did.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have an 80+ SB and DB (non-rb), and usually just do bh and divines.
    I had a little extra time one day and I checked out the dailies list in the quest log, and I found one called Fall's Fall. It seems to be the seasonal quest; I've never done it before since when they launched it I was too high on all my other chars to do it.
    Well I did it; basically it requires killing some mobs (a good chunk of hp, but they don't hurt that much), digging a few things, and killing a boss (also doesn't hurt much), and it gives pretty good xp. Whole chain is easy to solo.
    I dunno when it starts, since I only noticed it just now mostly because I don't check the quest log very much, so I guess I just suggest keeping an eye on the Dailies you have available, and do those.

I do find 80-95 the longest period of leveling, but it's not as bad as it used to be XD
  • ltea
    ltea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

1. Do your quests.
    2. Since level 83 you get a new daily quest every 2 levels that stop at level 97.
    3. Solo PV. Unlike some other classes, SB is perfectly capable of soloing PV even in maze gear. PV 85-94 is quite harder than previous ones, but 2 solo runs per token are not hard to do. Be selfish - you can solo PV, don't share that exp. xD
    4. Run cube - while it's the best exp at 90+, it's still worth it at 80+ too.
    5. Grind. SB is capable of pulling a massive amount of mobs (preferably melee) and tanking them until they die.

I found 80-90 the most annoying period while levelling SB because you heavily rely on daily quests.
    At 90+ zhenning map 3 feels much easier, nevermind more exp to level up.
    Gracess (rb2 102 Cleric) - Dreamveawer
    GraceStorm (rb2 102 Stormbringer) - Dreamveawer
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Do the quests at lvl 80. Sometimes it looks like you don't have many in the "Found quest" log but once you finish one, another opens up. One NPC char might be done with a quest line but then they'll have a continuation.
    Don't worry about wanting to save quests for reawakening. When I did it on my EA who already did quests I leveled up fine. Just do the red quest line, BH, CS and PV. I didn't think that dailies would help me but they did.

This is on my DB, my SB staggered out quests done early on, so I'd have them for re-awakened. But I hit lvl 100 in 2 weeks anyways, and was planning SB to be a new main.

DB isn't planned as main, so I'm more worried about effort put in than I am speed of leveling. But since we are at X3, it works perfectly with holding all quests until re-awakening. That way when I quest, it's at max gain possible for speedy re-levels.

Would it be better over-all to do them now? Yes; but I'd have to play much more actively on them. Which I'm not willing to do, when there are perfectly viable alternatives that don't require leveling another character from 1-100 after I just did my SB that way.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As much as saving the quests does make for easier leveling on rebirth, the daily quests that add on every couple levels require completing quests to get them. It may be worth it for you to at least do those quests in the 80-95 range to get you the increased dailies, especially since on rebirth its very easy to do 2-5 levels a day without much effort even without those dailies. (Do save morai though if you can cause morai is op for it.)
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There are a lot of quests if you haven't done them that are normal quests which have been revamped and each little stop adds 250k to almost 500k xp. I found myself casually leveling at least once a day if not twice on occasion on my SB
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Double post fail!!
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As much as saving the quests does make for easier leveling on rebirth, the daily quests that add on every couple levels require completing quests to get them. It may be worth it for you to at least do those quests in the 80-95 range to get you the increased dailies, especially since on rebirth its very easy to do 2-5 levels a day without much effort even without those dailies. (Do save morai though if you can cause morai is op for it.)

Yeah, found which ones do that when going through with the SB. Any daily ones will be done, and there's a chance I'll likely do cube at 90+ as well for the 1 mil xp it gives. But most of the daily ones only have one quest/quest chain, singling them out of the hundreds being saved after I just mentioned the dailies from 83 on seemed kind of redundant.
    There are a lot of quests if you haven't done them that are normal quests which have been revamped and each little stop adds 250k to almost 500k xp. I found myself casually leveling at least once a day if not twice on occasion on my SB

Yeah, they were revamped when my SB did them as well, because SB came out when those revamps happened too. I'd rather save for when there isn't 3X already, see where my DB is and what I have left to do with them. Because you will run out of 8X and 9X quests even with saving some for the re-awakens; I can guarantee that since my SB had that happen.

Basically just outlining a way to level characters that aren't even mains yet, while doing it in the easiest and cheapest manner. My DB is currently murdering event charms for MP, so I'm looking into getting mana gems to boost max mana so using the mana food doesn't waste so much and switching to that. Coupled with sage BP, I can set them up anywhere and just have them auto-culti out their 8 earning time with just re-applying BP every hour.

Would I do this with a main? Heck no, it's why I focused on my SB so much and leveled them quickly. But during these X3 xp events is the perfect time to dual box and level up a new alt, especially new classes, and see whether you like playing them. Hypers aren't needed, they pay their own way if you focus set skills, and then do any quests for hitting breakpoints as needed.

The dailies add a large amount of free xp each day, and it's easy enough to take advantage of that for 80-93. After that it's an issue if you really must have 100 now, or you can wait and just use the dailies. I feel no rush, and I have no idea why people are trying to tell me how easy it is when I have a 101/100/101 SB already. I know exactly what revamps they did, and I know where it can slow down if you use up all the quests. You're not explaining anything I don't have very recent experience with.
  • nanu9954
    nanu9954 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So I feel like once I hit 80 leveling is taking a hell of alot longer

I have signaled this problem since years now! And this is why hyper in FC should come back!

- Lvling from lv75+ is impossible/too hard! @lv70+ every quest give 3-5% exp! Doing quest "kill x Mobs 30-50 times for 25k coins" is too boring and sucks!

- PWI need an update to RE BALANCE THE GAME, especially between different classes, gears, quests and lvling! The 6 1st classes (bm, cleric, wiz, archer, veno and barb) are VERY nerfed compared to the most recent classes! Ex: a wiz need to channel his heal for 4secs while a psy or mystic do not even need to channel, and their heal is better!

- Give good reward for quests! 25-50k per quest is just too useless! Doing all the quests from lv0 to 100 give ~10 mil max (i have tried and u can't do a **** with only 10m)! Give COINS reward for dailies because those morai and primal quests are boring a worthless (especially for those with alts!)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015
    Options
    nanu9954 wrote: »
    I have signaled this problem since years now! And this is why hyper in FC should come back!

- Lvling from lv75+ is impossible/too hard! @lv70+ every quest give 3-5% exp! Doing quest "kill x Mobs 30-50 times for 25k coins" is too boring and sucks!

- PWI need an update to RE BALANCE THE GAME, especially between different classes, gears, quests and lvling! The 6 1st classes (bm, cleric, wiz, archer, veno and barb) are VERY nerfed compared to the most recent classes! Ex: a wiz need to channel his heal for 4secs while a psy or mystic do not even need to channel, and their heal is better!

- Give good reward for quests! 25-50k per quest is just too useless! Doing all the quests from lv0 to 100 give ~10 mil max (i have tried)! Give COINS reward for dailies because those morai and primal quests are boring a worthless (especially for those with alts!)

Where have you been?

Also, just to make a point... The fact that the wizard even has a heal is pretty silly. And if you want to keep things "lore friendly" a long-casting weak heal for a pure DD class is perfectly balanced.

Speaking of wizards, I raised mine the classic way, even held him back leveling genies before level 50 to maximize spirit to learn all the skills. He's just about 101 now, non-RB and still has almost every quest from the 70-ish range up still to do. He'd be 101 RB1 if I actually bothered doing half his daily quests when I log him on, and I'd likely still have most of my quests available. (I know I still do on my cleric, and he's 101, 101, 101)

Unfortunately, if all you do is farm, or sit around whining about not finding help for stuff, you're SoL. And it's your own damn fault. (Like those Morai and Primal quests you say are worthless.. give pretty decent rewards. My veno went from 95 to 96 JUST on Morai. Primal and RB didn't exist)

It's not impossible, you just have to put some effort into it. God forbid....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    nanu9954 wrote: »

- Give good reward for quests! 25-50k per quest is just too useless! Doing all the quests from lv0 to 100 give ~10 mil max (i have tried and u can't do a **** with only 10m)! Give COINS reward for dailies because those morai and primal quests are boring a worthless (especially for those with alts!)

What the ****? For real What the ****?
    Did you read all other people comments were they said how people can level up?Did you read that they say quests were revamped? Did you read them telling about those new dailies that give a lot of exp? Clearly you didnt.
    3-5% EXP? 30-50 times kill mobs?
    DO YOU PLAY PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL ECLIPSE OR DO YOU STILL PLAY PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL NEW HORIZON?
    The quests that you talk about were revamped. It requires to kill less mobs. the maximum number of mobs that I had to kill for a lvl 92 quests were 30 for each quest not 80 or 90 like in the past. And it gives over 400k exp and then it gives other quests. There are quests were you just need to travel and talk to some npc and others that you just need to kill some easy mini boss that will give you over 200-300k exp.
    Good reward for quests? People never made money in this game to buy stuff from quests rewards.
    There are many other metods.
    giphy.gif

• mdfk
    mdfk Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Not all dailies become available just as you hit level.

You need to do quests to make them available.

Winter is Coming
    (currently in Find Quest as Fall's Fall, also remains in Find Quest even after you are done with it for day, probably bug)
    Level Required: 80-99
    Quests Required: None
    *EXP goes up with each level*

Delicious Soup
    Level Required: 83-96
    Quests Required: Archosaur Mailman -> The Wish -> Amulet

Critical Repair
    Level Required: 85-96
    Quest Required: The Couple

South Barrier Village Crisis
    Level Required: 87-96
    Quests Required: Soft Feather -> Hard Bones -> Undine Mystic
    *EXP goes up with each level; also extra exp for doing "treasure map" seeking for item-killed mob*

Patrol The Streams
    Level Required: 90-96
    Quest Required: The Coming Disaster
    *Each mob kill grants 60k exp, make sure you hand in before time limit expires*

Vengeful Troops
    Level Required: 93-96
    Quests Required: The Memory ->Cenotaph -> Ling Feng's Belonging -> Icewind Flower
    *Must hand in before time limit expires*
  • mystseeker
    mystseeker Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My DB is level 70 on rb2, and does just fine with leveling after 80. Those new dailies are great experience and there is always cs, bh, wq (yes, I do wq everyday and enjoy it) and then morai once you get to 95.

The bot function is still there, take advantage of it. You earn exp but not money so much, but that's fine isn't it?