DQ Items

Options
rasputinthekitty
rasputinthekitty Posts: 25 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Bring back the coin on the DQ items so we can pick them up again for the love of Godb:angry
Post edited by rasputinthekitty on

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You can still pick them upb:chuckle

No thanks
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Since Wanmei (PW-CN) develops the game, and that's where the major botting issue is that cause the reduction in DQ and item prices.....

You're not going to see a change anytime soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ...And given that GMs do nothing to tell their higher-ups that each version of the MMO should be different, we sure won't have anything positive regarding that matter.

As for the DQ rewards, I kind of gave up on it (but kept stacks of DQs, just in case).
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I think the introduction of auto-cultivation pretty much killed any chance of the return of DQ rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I hope and pray that the DQ items to stay at the price of 1 coin till the last day of this game( which I hope it will be in a very distant future). In fact I hope that all items droped from mobs will remain at the price they are now.
    It stoped auto cultivation, stoping botters, reducing the gold price, making R9 more accesible for F2P players.
    I cant get it why some players complain that they cant make enough money to repair their gear.
    My SB had always money to repair her gear. Hell I had enough money to lvl up all my skills at 10 and buy mats so I can make myself TT90 armor and weapon. I even had money to buy myself a +10 magic tome with over 10 milion and 2 fashion set for wich I payed 12 golds. Gold buyed with coins from AH.
    And no I didnt use any high lvl toon to help me farming. I started my SB on a new server and the majority of coins camed from JOJ toons.
    This weak I started gathering coins for my TT99 gear and I already have 10 milions from JOJ only.
    You can still make enough money in this game. All You need is to want and to work a bit for it.

b:bye
    giphy.gif

• soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hun I like you to show me on a cleric!!! I still dont have R9, probley I'm doing it wrong. But guess we all have to be happy we dont get any coins form the DQ items or the drops. Yeah lets be happy we dont have bots, but instead we got ppl leaving the game for not getting any money at all. Wake up for a change and think about the first time player who dont have a main to support him/her. Think about the ppl who got this nice stone to get 95 at once. Yeah those ppl dont have a back up on grind for years and get 1 after the another alt to support their main. Dont even talk about the nice rewards from BH 1 I keep getting form BH1 ( chips ). Yeah they nerve that part too. Doing AEU should give you some nice drops too like skillbooks .............mhhh still not drop for me! Lets go do basequest .......drops : 3-4 K repair ; 7-8 K : result -3-4K. Should I keep doing it for the exp? So I can get level 105 with no R9 still. No hun you need to wake up:

PWI is doing this so more ppl will buy gold to get their stuff, Nerving the coins, DQ and drops is just another way to make this game pay to play!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    soleida wrote: »
    Hun I like you to show me on a cleric!!! I still dont have R9, probley I'm doing it wrong. But guess we all have to be happy we dont get any coins form the DQ items or the drops. Yeah lets be happy we dont have bots, but instead we got ppl leaving the game for not getting any money at all. Wake up for a change and think about the first time player who dont have a main to support him/her. Think about the ppl who got this nice stone to get 95 at once. Yeah those ppl dont have a back up on grind for years and get 1 after the another alt to support their main. Dont even talk about the nice rewards from BH 1 I keep getting form BH1 ( chips ). Yeah they nerve that part too. Doing AEU should give you some nice drops too like skillbooks .............mhhh still not drop for me! Lets go do basequest .......drops : 3-4 K repair ; 7-8 K : result -3-4K. Should I keep doing it for the exp? So I can get level 105 with no R9 still. No hun you need to wake up:

PWI is doing this so more ppl will buy gold to get their stuff, Nerving the coins, DQ and drops is just another way to make this game pay to play!

Dont know if this post was meant for me or not since you didnt quote me but Ill respond to some things you said:
    Pls tell me how me that started again from 0 can make money in this game?
    And why cant you that are over lvl100 cannot make anymore money?
    Or did the money that you made till now were those using auto cultivation and npcing items and dq items? Im just asking here.
    I cannot believe that I see players with lvl 100+ toons , players that play for years and years that they cannot make money in game anymore.
    If you have read my post you would have notice that I said I started again on a another server.
    Another server=0 back up toons to grind for my char.All I did was to make 3 JOJ toons to gather money.
    But for majority of ppl like you, (ppl that always complain about not being able to make money) when we suggest JOJ you go like : nah, too boring, you dont make fast money, bla bla bla. hell you reject every metod of making money that has been sugested on the forums, some of you before even trying. And when I say you I dont refer at you in person.
    And it has been said many times on the forum: Newbies should not use the lvl95 power lvl stone.
    Ppl leave this game for not being able to make money in this game?
    I guess they never actually knew how to make money in this game
    Or they dont have patience to make money. They want 100mil per hour or something like that.
    If dq would have not being nerfed the gold wiuld have been 5 milions.
    before this expansion gold was gone from AH and ppl were starting to sell gold in wc with 5 mil each. Was a ****ed up thing and farming R9 would have take longer. Now it would be much easier. Yes ot will still take time and effort but not that much as if the gold was 5 milions.
    If people still want to play this game they need to adapt to evolution of the game.
    If not they can leave.
    giphy.gif

• ltea
    ltea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Let me tell you my story for a comparrison.

Last year, on september 2014, I've came back to this game after 3 year break.
    I only had 1 character, which, as a matter of fact, was not reawakened level 100 cleric.
    My gear was way below today's standards - r8, TT90 and even 3-star gear mix.
    I also didn't have billions of coins laying in my bank for those years - it was less than 10 million.

As you can see, all I had to start with is pretty much comparable to what "pill babies" got with the recent expansion.

On the first day (or was it second) I've reawakened, so I didn't have a chance to benefit from BH rewards, save some coins and maybe gear up a little better. No, I've started working my way back up to 100 without support of a high level main character or enough funds to make it easier.
    It didn't rain coins for me - hell, I even was picking herbs in Lothranis to sell them and sustain my gameplay.
    I must mention - I did not bot. Not because I didn't want to, but because of my previous crappy internet connection because of which my bot kept dc'ing very often.
    In my 90's of RB1 I've started to solo low lvl TTs what very succesfully funded buying mats to make my missing TT90 gear pieces as well as turning them into TT99 and g15 afterwards.
    At the same time, my late 90's RB1, I've started running Warsong to farm badges and molds for my future g16. And I can call myself lucky being a cleric instead of other class, because I've found plenty squads willing to take a badly undergeared cleric with less than 5k hp into full WS runs. At first I was duo'ing fire pav with a floater, but heck, I wouldn't be me if I didn't show people that I can solo it and the floater can go back to being lazy.
    Yes, a cleric with r8 / TT90 / 3-star gear, less than 5k HP can solo fire pav without a problem, it just takes some brain.
    I didn't stay at 100 for longer than few days - reawakened 2nd time, so no benefit from the almighty BH rewards again.
    I've finished my full g16 set upon hitting level 100 the 3rd time. Also, by the time i got there, I've farmed more than enough warsong inscriptions to make myself a g14 WS belt. Had to npc 200+ of them after making it...
    Then I've started farming my cube necklace. And I've succesfully did it by running cube double cog runs, even buying COF letters because I didn't have access to the free ones from Luminance, funding my runs with the cube itself - selling cogs 1 day and funding the next 2-3 days with it.

Today, 5 months after, I have 2 rb2 toons that are full g16, almost fully sharded with incomparable shards from weeklies, bought my stormy a warsoul scythe for a solid 350 mil, my cleric has all skills (which aren't cheap at all) and at the very least 500 mil "seeding money" which are used to merch only.
    Having several "pill baby" BH lsaves also gets a nice profit everytime there's BH Snakefist or TT which i solo for them on my good ol' cleric.
    I still dont have R9, probley I'm doing it wrong.

I can assure you, you're really doing something very wrong. Probably putting less effort in the game than in QQing about how hard it is.
    People gave you pretty good suggestions in another thread how to make money. And everyone is earning money in those ways - we don't have a secret tree on which money grows. Either farm your *** off, or cash in. Or quit and find yourself an easier game.
    Gracess (rb2 102 Cleric) - Dreamveawer
    GraceStorm (rb2 102 Stormbringer) - Dreamveawer
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    First things first, personally I believe botting was a large mistake and the devs over for the CN version should just remove botting (as this is a game and people should not be rewarded for afking, play the damn game)

Onto the next note although DQ items have been nerfed and DQ rewards will more than likely never come back, there are still great ways to make some coin. I've managed to get near all my r9 purely by farming with my main and I'm a lazy *** player who rarely logs in for an extended period of time.

Last comment on the actual subject at hand. DQ items now just seem to be an inventory space waster, unless your low level than the DQ quest might offer alright EXP.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    !!WARNING!! this will be a harsh reply. Don't read if ypu can't take it.

This topic again? Seriously. if you dont like it then just delete your char and quit. Go away. Now.

I've explained it a billion times now and have always been nice but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

People gave so many advices. So many ways on how to do it even F2P. Others still complain. That leaves none but one conclusion. They suck and/or are lazy nuns that just want everything for free or are top dumb to pull it off to begin with. If you suck in PvE that bad you will most likely suck in PvP and everything else too and thus be a major pain for anyone that will happen to end up in a squad with you.

Sorry. But you are totally useless, won't be missed and can go. This applies to anyone who thinks that the nerf in DQ/Item drops wasn't thr best thing to do ever. No one should get anything for free. Especially if its already that easy to get money in this game if you put in a little effort.

So again. Save us all precious time and stop your QQing and just vanish for good OR come up with real arguments besides the need to show us what major nubs you are. If something works well for so many people and it doesn't seem to work for you then no oh, it's not broken. You are just too dumb.

PS: I'm usually a nice guy..but enough is enough. Guys we need to stop playing carebear all along. They will never get it and will quit eventually no matter if we are nice or not.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    is it just me..i never did any DQ's....the armour was less that I could find in the FB's...repair costs
    and the items would not sell as quickly as mats/herbs...i tried.
    I saw a person here state that mats/herb farming was no good cause of reapair costs from fighting mobs and maybe in 10 minutes..the mat/herb would respawn...
    you..my friend need to find a new game to play..
    you have a flyer...just create a route that is longer than 10 min and by the time you end...the mat/herb has respawned....minimal or no repair costs. sell them in bulk form to merch's
    dont have the patience for merching myself
    the mats/herbs i farmed 3+ years ago..still sell very well in the AH. lvl 20..40...and lvl 60 mats
    this is farming before TT opens up for players ..now have 2 sources of coins
    but TT does require repair costs..but can be covered by price of TT mats

PS...maybe it was changed cause all these people offered was to sell these items
    so other players did not have to do the questing required....llike cash shoppers maybe??
    or did most people just not do them at all....like me
  • Ostara - Lost City
    Ostara - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If they don't raise the DQ price at least raise the price for the armor drops. They don't drop as often as DQ and they can't be stacked so they take up more inventory space so if there was a bot issue, they won't be able to pick up so many.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Mob-drop mats - a number of world, heaven/hell, morai and primal mobs have 10% or greater drop rate on mats. Real drop rates are lower (check pwdatabase) but an extended grinding/autocultivation session will get you enough to earn several tens of thousands of coins, even if you NPC them rather than sell to a cat or in AH.

Potions - Icewind Snipers in Old Valley of the Scarred drop medium life potions at an amazing 73% rate (real drop rate over 25%) and like other OVS mobs, you'll kill them in mass quantities. Other OVS mobs drop potions at a relatively high rate also, though not approaching that rate. Potions stack to 999 and sell for more than mats do, on average (you might find cats buying mats for more than NPC price of potions, most are less.) You might be able to sell to players, but you're competing against herb yuanxiao and crabmeat so it's a tough sell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga