★What Kind of PWI Videos would YOU like to see?★

Kniraven - Lost City
Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Hey Everyone! :)

As many forum patrons maybe aware, I regularly post PvP & TW related Music Videos using my Blademaster. This is just a quick poll to see what would best catch you (the forum goers) interest.

Which of these sounds most worth watching to you?
Group/Open-World PvP Music Video
Nation Wars Music Video
1vs1 Music Video
Group/Open-World w/ commentary
Nation Wars Music w/ commentary
1vs1 Music Video w/ commentary
PvE Instructional Videos

If you have any specific comments about what sort of things you'd like to see/watch in PWI videos, let me know!

This is a LINK to some of my videos for examples

Please leave a comment as to why

you chose your answers!

Thank You! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kniraven - Lost City on

Comments

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lolzzz

If only we could we also opt. to see official {PWE~Studios/offices}Music videos (with all the empty halls & work areas rooms as you went through the building showing their absolute lack of the needed employees we keep asking them to get) b:pleased (I mean think we could even have special sounds effects of swarms of crickets and frogs making noises in specific areas likes the hallways and lavatories {b:victory} And maybe even the lone TUMBLEWEED or two, rolling along their businesses parking lot)..b:laugh
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like to see more PvP videos where your opponent pretends he dced because he can't admit losing to a worse geared player after talking big on wc. b:pleased
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    I would like to see more PvP videos where your opponent pretends he dced because he can't admit losing to a worse geared player after talking big on wc. b:pleased

HAHAHAHAHA!
    Kniraven Vs TayCung
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i would like some videos or streams of the pwi management, development, and support teams.
    as it happens i found a screenshot of leaked footage of a developer at work:
    http://i.imgur.com/RdUGus5.jpg
    also leaked, a rare and interesting glimpse of our support team at work:
    http://i.imgur.com/6Q7fOQX.gif
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    i would like some videos or streams of the pwi management, development, and support teams.
    as it happens i found a screenshot of leaked footage of a developer at work:
    http://i.imgur.com/RdUGus5.jpg

I would appreciate if you could keep on the topic of my thread, and not derail it with your intended to be clever passive-aggressive/ironic comments.

Any Mods who come across this please feel free to hide/remove/delete complaints about staff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ggalacticparadox
    ggalacticparadox Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would appreciate if you could keep on the topic of my thread, and not derail it with your intended to be clever passive-aggressive/ironic comments.

Any Mods who come across this please feel free to hide/remove/delete complaints about staff.

Unlikely to get a response. The mods are MIA for the most part, as with PWE's staff. I don't think it's passive-aggressive to derail the intended message of an online message board; perhaps it's against one's ethics, but that's fairly irrelevant.

As for your videos; I too, create YT videos for this game. I'd suggest doing really neat PvP events with factions and getting some neat footage from things that aren't as common (NW/TW/PK are really common). What people often don't post up are guides, faction events, bosses/instances, dailies, questing w/ narration, and weekly events.

For example, I created this for the lulz a month or two ago. Just random fun; nothing in particular.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I host a mirror of PWI forums here: pwi-forum.gdevtalk.net
    I host a WIP PW-Wiki here: wiki.gdevtalk.net
    Beta player
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    I too, create YT videos for this game. I'd suggest doing really neat PvP events with factions and getting some neat footage from things that aren't as common (NW/TW/PK are really common). What people often don't post up are guides, faction events, bosses/instances, dailies, questing w/ narration, and weekly events.

For example, I created this for the lulz a month or two ago. Just random fun; nothing in particular.

My goal is to generate views/interest/subscribers
    I'll take this comment (your link) as 1 vote toward creating PvE Videos of obscure events.

Faction Events I think would just be viewed by my faction members and wouldn't necessarily strike the interest of people outside my guild.

The example you provided has been up half of a year, and has less than 100 views.
    My most recent video has been up less than 3 days and has nearly 400 views.

My goal with this thread is to get suggestions to capture even more people's interest.

What kind of PWI Videos would YOU choose to watch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Obviously you should upload more vids set to Linkin Park.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    Obviously you should upload more vids set to Linkin Park.

>_> I only have one video set to linkin park music. lol.
    One sec.

Kniraven 4 vs 1 w/ 1v1 @ End

There you go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No tw videos
    no random game play videos.
    NO nw videos.

NO pvp videos

Only top quality music type videos or ones that people took a lot of time into making.And not these **** poor quality and stupid random camera angle of boring battles crappy jpop music.And keep the hud hidden!
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Videos that also show people's own defeat, instead of their "look at me im a god and only upload videos of characters I kill".

Also, shameless selfpromoting thread for views thinly veiled in a cloak of what do you want to see is in the wrong section and should be in screenshots and videos section.

b:avoid
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My most viewed/liked videos are guide/instruction/tutorial ones. Although some of them focus on certain functions (like when I was reviewing the Venomancer Primal skills), most of them are about PvE I guess.

Then again, there was a general lack of PvE and misc. tutorial/guide-like videos from the Venomancer point of view, at least for the PWI/English version. That is precisely what made me post videos in the first place; people asking for some Warsong (and later Harpy/Monkey) videos as a Venomancer. Nobody else seemed up for it so I went ahead and made some (then others joined in)... I reluctantly posted some NW footage (back when I was still Nirvana geared) and people asked for more. Then it kind of went from there. (I was recording videos already before I started posting.)

I'm going to have to agree that PvP videos can get kind of boring, and I'm happy to see something different from time to time like that All-Class FPS challenge videos we had going on for some time. As far as PvP is concerned, I mainly enjoy group PvP/TW followed by NW and lastly 1v1.

The format I enjoy the most is music videos with some text/annotations for additional information when needed.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    why there isn't Twitch live streams of Pk\TW\NW option?

my twitch live broadcast is having more than two hundred viewers during TWs
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Viewcount on YouTube isn't always the best representation of what your target audience wants, especially within the niche of PWI videos. For example my most viewed video (nearing 8000 views) is a few 1v1s vs different classes which has some cringe worthy PvP, looking back at it from my perspective at least.

I personally hate commentary videos with a passion, hence why I've never made one. PWI isn't rocket science so you don't need to sit through a lecture on how to play.

Due to lame factions no showing us (qq) my channel recently has been more focussed on events within my faction, we have way too many girls that like fashion stuff so a few catwalk type events and there should be some upcoming PK events.

NW has recently got pretty interesting with the appearance of some strong squads that give fun fights so I'll be doing a few of those.
    Also, shameless selfpromoting thread for views thinly veiled in a cloak of what do you want to see is in the wrong section and should be in screenshots and videos section.

b:avoid

My YT channel hit 50k views the other day. Me life iz complete. Pls can i haz cookie. b:thanks
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I stopped recording NWs because I thought ppl were overfed b:chuckle There are tones of NW vids from all classes as it's the most available and easily getting pvp you can find on any server, pvp or pve.
    Can say same about TWs, but those are especially nteresting for those who took part in them.
    World/group pvp aren't always fair and many times 1 side is outnumbered or outgeared.
    But good 1v1 vids are rare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Peachie - Harshlands
    Peachie - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    music videos that have nothing to do with pvp but are more actually like acting :P b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands: Lv 102 Mystic
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly I'd like to see more music videos with ingame animations synced up to the music, like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n35_ZEECJc

This is good also but has a lot of extra animation added:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7PXqP4waSI
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly I'd like to see more music videos with ingame animations synced up to the music, like...
    This is absolutely another type of videos, ppl who are willing to make stuff like this don't usually ask others if they want to see it or pvp/pve vids, they just grab editing programs and create :))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nirvana videos!

But seriously, undergeared strategies and tactics in TW/NW/PvP. Ideally using gear that's easily accessible by the masses, which at this point and time is g16 +7 gears and +10 weaps b:victory
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    Nirvana videos!

But seriously, undergeared strategies and tactics in TW/NW/PvP. Ideally using gear that's easily accessible by the masses, which at this point and time is g16 +7 gears and +10 weaps b:victory

i like this suggestion.

I could under-gear myself and mess around
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nirvana videos!

If only i had a g16 LA set. Id like to make some sin videos.b:laugh
  • Bellicious - Dreamweaver
    Bellicious - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd like to see a video about PWI closing forever.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd like to see an Azura vs Kniraven 1v1 video b:thanks
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've always liked music videos with their own storylines the most, here are some favourites:

1) This one was used as a promotional video for another, now non-existant version of the game; it's really well directed (music, sound effects, everything) even though it has some mistakes: Perfect World In Game Movie

2) An old one which I still like a lot, good editing and music: Perfect World Holy Hall

3) I like the music and the building tension here, good direction skills as well (the guy is a legend in PWI video making xD): PWI The Chase

4) This is really simple but it has its charm: PW-PH CB Farewell Vid

There are more, but I can't remember right now. And of course the one with the zeal and additional animation is a classic. b:dirty
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This has made me far more interested in making my own vids
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    I'd like to see an Azura vs Kniraven 1v1 video b:thanks

Working on it.
    I got my *** whooped lol.
    0% pdef + Arcane Antimony is instant 1-shot every time if I can't immune it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]