Celestones conversion to mirages.

Options
Taikai - Lost City
Taikai - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
I though they could be converted at the Jewelcraftsmen. Am I at the wrong place?
Post edited by Taikai - Lost City on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Gem merchant. But it's been changed to a recipe from a quest, and the option to convert celestone fragments to mirages has been removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes, in sum, celestone fragments became a deadweight... No thanks, devs... b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Taikai - Lost City
    Taikai - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    lol.. over 300 of them b:surrender

Devs take everything that "free to play" players can get and removes them... I serously don't get why the even bother having them in the game if they are useless.. like DQ.. simply change the banker slot quest to mats and remove the dragon quest that nobody does anymore and you can remove DQ all together. I could understand if this was still a beta or something but what the point of items that are useless.. mats is really the only way to make money anymore.

Anyways thanks for the speedy reply.. I had figured it was something like that since no catshops that were buying the other celestones (white, red, yellow) didn't buy normal ones...

This is borderline free to play now... lets go back to when gold was 100k and leveling up to 100 took months not two days b:cry
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ... remove the dragon quest that nobody does anymore ...

I still do Dragon Quest quests. Plus if you want to do Tuesday's Dragon Temple quest thing you need a Silver Dragon Order to start the questline.

True I genie the heck out of the exp, but if you've time to burn, flying hither and yon can be relaxing. I also make a profit from coin drops while grinding for whichever dq item I need.

But I completely agree that something should be done about the basic Celestone Fragments - I've over 500 from doing 1 Man Army quests (they used to overlap with what I need to grind for DQ.) Are they still worth 500 coin a piece? I'll check next time at my safe.

On another note - online games rarely - and only in extreme circumstances - remove items. Reason being is that they would need to directly check every players inventory and remove them, which then brings up all sorts of privacy/security/theft issues. It's a different matter to set items not to drop. But I do believe there are a few side quests that require dq items outside of DQ or Tigers, so then those have to be changed and debugged - and what if some player comes back from hiatus with the old version of the quest still, that can be another issue.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Banker Gather the Materials quests require low DQ. Basic flyers used to require DQ, but now they're given out for free in Celestial Vale. There used to be a quest for Element Essences, but that seems to have been removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga