multiclienting after 3years away question

Grindata_ - Heavens Tear
Grindata_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 143 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
hi ive been away for about 3ish years and come bk to hearing pple using more then 2 accounts per computer i thought its only been 2 unless they changed it since ive been gone would like some clerification on that.
Post edited by Grindata_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It still is, thing that changed is that PWE doesn't care and so people will run with more than 2 clients.

There was also a thing that people that were there before a ToS change about it are allowed to run more than 2?
    Or something?

Regardless, bottomline:
    No one cares about it and there are no recent (read 3+ years) bans because of it that someone would worry about it.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Man people are running 4-5+ alts at a time and I have screens to prove it and the sad thing is that most of the people running All these alts are people with the almighty **** full r9 to the max and ****.I'm thinking of doing a name shaming page since PW really don't seem to care to much.

I bet if your some regular Joe then they might lay the ban hammer down.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Officially, you're only supposed to have 2 accounts (unless you had more than 2 before the ToS change allowing multiclienting on one computer) and you're only supposed to run 2 clients at any one time.

Enforcement, as stated above, is lax.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Grindata_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2015
    ok thanks for the reply
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Man people are running 4-5+ alts at a time and I have screens to prove it and the sad thing is that most of the people running All these alts are people with the almighty **** full r9 to the max and ****.I'm thinking of doing a name shaming page since PW really don't seem to care to much.

I bet if your some regular Joe then they might lay the ban hammer down.

Is that an insult? xDDD

Nah just kiddin. This is one of the problems they will never care about cause lets be honest. IF multiclienting is a problem then it is just since they gave anyone unlimited lvl100 chars due to Illusionary crystals. In former times most people have been too lazy to even bother rolling more chars/twinks/alts whatsoever.

If you look at the specs of some guys that are playing this game then you know that most couldn't even run more than 2 clients due to their crappy PCs =P
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Proud to play on a crappy pc.b:cool
    Didnt had any problem with it playing on my crappy pc till now.
    giphy.gif

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Officially, you're only supposed to have 2 accounts (unless you had more than 2 before the ToS change allowing multiclienting on one computer) and you're only supposed to run 2 clients at any one time.

Enforcement, as stated above, is lax.

Until moment, when someone banned, silenced and not able to use their accounts.
    Hello, I was playing normally and out of the sudden I got a message that I was booted.when I tried to log again it told me that I am banned for 8min...after the 8mins I am banned for 52k mins can any1 explain? that happened to 2accounts at once....now a third account of mine got the ban.....WHATS WRONG
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Did they disturb you that much ?
    I'm not saying people should be able to run a farm of bots or whatever but well... you also have people that have 3 or 5 accounts continuously logged in game afking or to do some quests on them while another toon is autoflying. They are considered like criminals by some people even if the biggest scammers don't need multiclienting to steal people's money or accounts... I really don'understand that honestly...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    ... I really don'understand that honestly...
    Why exist ToS then ?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Why exist ToS then ?

Here is not the point. The fact that a rule exists doesn't mean this is a good or fair rule, right ?
    If all rules were enforced with support doing his stuff, PWE doing his stuff, and GM present for real IG, then ok... this rule would have to be enforced as well (and there would be suggestions to remove it since it's non sense)

But a lot of rules are not enforced and I wonder why this one seems more important than some other ones. As I said, do most of the people with 4 accounts logged at same time really disturb other people, or prevent them for playing / having fun in the game ? Do they necessarily have an advantage compared to other guys ? This is a simple question...
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Here is not the point. The fact that a rule exists doesn't mean this is a good or fair rule, right ?
    If all rules were enforced with support doing his stuff, PWE doing his stuff, and GM present for real IG, then ok... this rule would have to be enforced as well (and there would be suggestions to remove it since it's non sense)

But a lot of rules are not enforced and I wonder why this one seems more important than some other ones. As I said, do most of the people with 4 accounts logged at same time really disturb other people, or prevent them for playing / having fun in the game ? Do they necessarily have an advantage compared to other guys ? This is a simple question...

Imho they don't have an advantage. If you really wanna use multiple accounts to make a huge profit then you have to gear them properly which is pricey and very time consuming.

I don't mind as long as people are putting effort into what they do. HEck, it's not like you gain a daily 20m coins for each account that you have logged in doing nothing. Since the gain of auto-cultivation has been nerfed there is no need to bother with this rule anymore. In the past 20 Bot-Accounts could roll you a solid of 50m or more coins daily. Nowadays thats impossible and thus not a problem anymore.

And tbh. I even heard that some people are doing 5-6 full fsp runs each day (solo) to get massive fsp coins. Even tho you could consider this a massive advantage I gotta say this: If you rbed that many chars and are able to run this instance alone with so many accounts opened up...heck thats gotta be stressful as heck and smells like loads of effort and thus it is ok in my eyes. They deserve it cause they most likely worked their arses off to get there/ get gears for most of the chars. People tend to forget this.

This rule needs to be removed imho, it's very redundant.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    Imho they don't have an advantage. If you really wanna use multiple accounts to make a huge profit then you have to gear them properly which is pricey and very time consuming.

I don't mind as long as people are putting effort into what they do. HEck, it's not like you gain a daily 20m coins for each account that you have logged in doing nothing. Since the gain of auto-cultivation has been nerfed there is no need to bother with this rule anymore. In the past 20 Bot-Accounts could roll you a solid of 50m or more coins daily. Nowadays thats impossible and thus not a problem anymore.

And tbh. I even heard that some people are doing 5-6 full fsp runs each day (solo) to get massive fsp coins. Even tho you could consider this a massive advantage I gotta say this: If you rbed that many chars and are able to run this instance alone with so many accounts opened up...heck thats gotta be stressful as heck and smells like loads of effort and thus it is ok in my eyes. They deserve it cause they most likely worked their arses off to get there/ get gears for most of the chars. People tend to forget this.

This rule needs to be removed imho, it's very redundant.
    If they are criminals, then they must not be jailed. It is interesting thought.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015

just like I do it in rl. If a rule or law is senseless I will protest against it. It's compareable to the laws involving a certain illegal drug thats even proven to be healthy (but the pharma industry would lose billions).

If laws and rules are stupid then yes. fight them.

Most people cant even imagine how it is playing even 2 clients at the same time and call it too stressful. If some manage to play 30 ACTIVELY! then gratz. You guys are amazing.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    just like I do it in rl. If a rule or law is senseless I will protest against it. It's compareable to the laws involving a certain illegal drug thats even proven to be healthy (but the pharma industry would lose billions).

Not so much. Many of the strains of that certain drug are being engineered to have less of the beneficial aspects, while boosting the section that is just good for getting high. Granted, that'd still be on the backs of the pharmas, but unless they can get some more original versions they have kind of Mostanto'ed it.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Not so much. Many of the strains of that certain drug are being engineered to have less of the beneficial aspects, while boosting the section that is just good for getting high. Granted, that'd still be on the backs of the pharmas, but unless they can get some more original versions they have kind of Mostanto'ed it.

Kinda derailing this thread but ya.

If there should be a law then it should be the prohibition of anything concerning monsanto and all it's roots plus the imprisonment of all higher up of said more-than-criminal bast.ards.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Kinda derailing this thread but ya.

If there should be a law then it should be the prohibition of anything concerning monsanto and all it's roots plus the imprisonment of all higher up of said more-than-criminal bast.ards.

That could lead to weird conflicts in law. Seems easier to go after their business model by showing their way leads to the genocide of existing agriculture, and then face them to pay exorbitant fines yearly for the rental of the theoretical yield that could have been produced. Otherwise we'll be having rice and such going the way of the banana.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015

What means criminal anyway ?
    As I asked, does these people bother you and why ?
    If there is a law in your country saying you can't wear a blue T-shirt, then you will call the police everytime you see someone with a blue T-shirt, even though you know the police doesn't have enough people to deal with real "criminals" ?

I'd prefer PWE to deal with illegal bots (even if they are not multiclienting) or to deal with scammers rather than ban people that just want to be able to have their three toons from differents accounts being logged to do dailies or just stay afk at different locations. But well... everyone can have his own preferences, I guess.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Even tho you could consider this a massive advantage I gotta say this: If you rbed that many chars and are able to run this instance alone with so many accounts opened up...heck thats gotta be stressful as heck and smells like loads of effort and thus it is ok in my eyes. They deserve it cause they most likely worked their arses off to get there/ get gears for most of the chars. People tend to forget this.

Totally agree with this. Sure, I wish I had the advantage of being able to solo some instances but honestly, even if I had a computer that could run that many clients, I'd never manage it. I'm not that good at running two characters let alone a whole squad!

And as you said, with botting gone there is really no point in the restriction, which is probably why they don't care about enforcing that rule. Not that they really enforce any rules anymore...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    As I asked, does these people bother you and why ?

Each day on AH sellers of gold sell in average 100 gold, for example.

I prefer to see this gold distributed among all players.

You prefer to give this gold to special "players" (multicliented, bottes or something like it), which I prefer to see banned exactly because they can buy those gold, while other players can't.
  • mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Toliman stated...."this gold should be redistributed to players who dont have gold........"

booo...hoooo..
    .why dont y'all go out and earn some coins and then buy the gold...
    going for about 2.7 mil/gold in AH
    but of course you would rather steal...excuse me...redistribute....
    gold from someone else instead of having to work for it..
    gold trading works both ways...coins for gold also..
    and please dont whine about gold prices "in the ole days"
    heard enough of that also
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Each day on AH sellers of gold sell in average 100 gold, for example.

I prefer to see this gold distributed among all players.

You prefer to give this gold to special "players" (multicliented, bottes or something like it), which I prefer to see banned exactly because they can buy those gold, while other players can't.

I could say that amongst the people who feel the need top have 3+ accounts logged at same time, I guess a few do that for buying gold... but actually I don't even understand how this is related to multiclienting. You can buy gold in AH from different accounts without logging all of them at same time, no ?

Let's face it, there are people that log 4 accounts just to be able to legally farm TT without bothering friends/guildmates serveral times a day. If you do want them to be banned just because this is in the TOS, well... I personaly prefer to think about each situation rather than just stupidly enforce a rule.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    Toliman stated...."this gold should be redistributed to players who dont have gold........"

booo...hoooo..
    .why dont y'all go out and earn some coins and then buy the gold...
    going for about 2.7 mil/gold in AH
    but of course you would rather steal...excuse me...redistribute....
    gold from someone else instead of having to work for it..
    gold trading works both ways...coins for gold also..
    and please dont whine about gold prices "in the ole days"
    heard enough of that also

I had something about 4 millions coins in September of 2013, when I was in game last time.

My Wizard had about 130 (?) k of reputation, which I bought using gold from AH.

He had ☆Warsoul of Heaven and ★Sensoid Emptiness.

He had total hp 5022 at level 92.

http://i.imgur.com/av26852.jpg

Edit:
    Also I said exactly "distributed among all players".
    Please read my post again, if you don't understand it.

And about advantages:
    Let's face it, there are people that log 4 accounts just to be able to ... farm TT without ... friends/guildmates serveral times a day ...

And tbh. I even heard that some people are doing 5-6 full fsp runs each day (solo) to get massive fsp coins. Even tho you could consider this a massive advantage ...
    edited February 2015
    I had something about 4 millions coins in September of 2013, when I was in game last time.

My Wizard had about 130 (?) k of reputation, which I bought using gold from AH.

He had ☆Warsoul of Heaven and ★Sensoid Emptiness.

He had total hp 5022 at level 92.

http://i.imgur.com/av26852.jpg

Edit:
    Also I said exactly "distributed among all players".
    Please read my post again, if you don't understand it.

And about advantages:

buying selling gold has nothing to do with multiclienting pls stop derailing this thread for flame bait my answer has been given its frowned upon to use more then 2 but everyone who is capable of doing so does it if they feel like it if a mod would pls close this thread b4 it becomes a complain thread would be appreciated.
  • rougweeeee
    rougweeeee Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First of all idk why it bothers ppl so much if u think its a big advantage n see pwi doesn't care why dun u do it too?

2nd if they would farm fsp n or for massive coins they'd need a really good gear which they either put a lot of time into or cashed it and if they cashed it they give you the QQer the chance to still play this **** game for free because without these massive cashers it wouldn't be free to play or even be here anymore for that matter and if they put a lot of time into farming that gear then u should take an example since instead of gettin op ur here complaining.

3rd carry on
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    rougweeeee wrote: »
    First of all idk why it bothers ppl so much if u think its a big advantage n see pwi doesn't care why dun u do it too?

2nd if they would farm fsp n or for massive coins they'd need a really good gear which they either put a lot of time into or cashed it and if they cashed it they give you the QQer the chance to still play this **** game for free because without these massive cashers it wouldn't be free to play or even be here anymore for that matter and if they put a lot of time into farming that gear then u should take an example since instead of gettin op ur here complaining.

3rd carry on

If they will put little more time, then they will change ToS ?

What is relation between time, gear and those advantages, which they want to get above other players ?
  • mysticalconumdrm
    edited February 2015
    Toliman left a statement on how gold should be distributed among players.....

i answered his post...and of course as usual...
    all i got in return isI had this and i had that and i bought it with this..
    but not one explanation on how to "redistribute" said gold

and of course the usual "you do not understand what i said.....yeah,,,yeah,,,yeah

my apoligies to everyone else in helping this person hijack this post with
    nothing about multiclienting
    edited February 2015
    omg why hasnt the thread been locked yet i knew this would happen and its turned into flaming over gold when my ? has been answered it should have closed right away guess mods are sleeping now xD.
  • mysticalconumdrm
    edited February 2015
    to answer your question...i use a laptop and a separate tablet...
    .but have not bots...nor catshop in the background. i have 2 single accts on 2 devices
    i came here to play the game not become a bazillionaire with coins...gold.... whatever
    i do this so i can avoid as much as possible guilds...squads....yeah i
    know there are a lot of good ones...just dont want to filter them out.
    my wife also has 2 laptops with single accts..and we use a 4 person squad
    .they is no reasonable(7 maybe is the limit) to accts per IP address that i know of

Love is..
    telling you wife she is falling behind cause she is spending
    to much time feeding and grooming her veno pet and all I
    get in return is a smile and a one finger salute :)
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2015

You sure are stubborn or don't want to listen. It's like many places in the world where abortion is illegal. In some places some women have been jailed for accidentally miscarrying a baby. The law says that aborting is a crime, but is it fair to jail a woman because she miscarried?

Just because something is written in the laws it doesn't automatically makes it fair.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly the only time I multiclient more than 2 accounts is when I am doing TT... And I just do that to open and as a last resort when nobody in faction is available. Am I greedy? In my point of view no. I think it's stupid to pay someone 100k to do NOTHING just to open an instance you are going to do all the work in.

In my case, tell me how am I affecting the economy? I am putting TT mats for sale, that makes coin circulate, not magically appear like when people were botting DQ 24/7 with 10 or more accounts... TT mats might go down, sure, but so what? That makes them more affordable for the casual player. So, again, how is it making TT mats more affordable for people and not creating inflation is affecting your gameplay experience in a bad way?

Apart from that I always have 2 accounts logged which are my sin and my psy that I actually play on. PWI doesn't care and in all honesty why should they? They don't care about gear missing in DW which is way more important and you think they would enforce and monitor multiclienting? Oh please... The ToS for this game have not been enforced in a long time and are there just because of legal reasons so that you can scroll through them, pretend you read them and then click you "Accept their terms and conditions".

Mr. Justice