Coin Sink Idea

Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Suggestion Box
This is an idea that I think would be really cool and work well

Make a new NPC somewhere out on the world map, that when payed some extremely high amount of coins spawned an absolutely nasty badass boss. The kind that a full 10 person squad of r9rr+12 people would get stomped on. You just know with peoples egos big factions will be fighting to be the first to kill the boss and sink tons and tons of coins into spawning the boss over and over. And be a nice throwback to the old days when factions would kill world bosses together instead of today people soloing them.

You might have to have the boss drop some items to make it worth killing, but I still think with peoples egos in this game people would immediately sink a ton of coins into trying to be the first to kill the boss
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What for do you need a coin sink when basically nothing drops coins?

The only thing that now generates new coins is BH and TW.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Reminds me of `89 sojs sold to merchants`... `diablo walks the earth`

That would be fun, but indeed, i dont think a coinsink is needed atm :p

Also a bit unfortunate that were on set servers and only some group of elite wealthy ppl would be donating the coins and killing the boss unlike diablo where everyone could run scripts to find the servers with high soj sold counts :p
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the best sink would be the coins sinking from your hand to mine b:laugh

but lol that is a great idea and sounds fun too!
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just want a big badass boss to try and fight with people b:laugh
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just want a big badass boss to try and fight with people b:laugh

Fight a world boss with no armor. Just the weapon.b:laugh
    giphy.gif

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Biggest issue is that if I pay the coin to a NPC for a boss, myself and my squad should get exclusive access to that boss, as a pose to me paying and someone coming along and killing the boss...that's not even affiliated with me.

Also, what about those of us that aren't R9r3 +12, and are just NV3 or lower? We'd get curbstomped near instantly, and would have very little chance at the reward (I agree that it would be nice to have bosses that can't be soloed by some random R9r3 +12 player, and bosses that would give players a run for their money...just saying that with it, there is still the issue of players in anything other than highly refined R9rr being curbstomped into the ground).

Personally...though they'd likely never do it....I'd like to see them implement the housing in our version of the game for a coinsink.

Just my take on it.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Been watching this thread.

Now Logged.

Ive also put a few notes in the log for WB ideas and Skills so ill share them.

The Boss could have a skill that takes everyone attacks and Defence Lv to 0. A self buff that reduces damage taken. Anti Apps Buff that will make the boss immune to all Physical Dammage for a short period of time. Random Agro. And last a call function (In short "Its time for you to die Mystics are a problem which can be taken out" when the boss says that All the Mystics must move outa range or the AOE will kill them. The AOE will not affect any other class that call.)

In short would not wanna take this on... May be thats what we need.

Thanks,
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What for do you need a coin sink when basically nothing drops coins?

The only thing that now generates new coins is BH and TW.

And pulling an instance with a powerful toon, AOEing all the mobs and picking the potions/jades.
    And autoculti if you're smart about it.
    And multi-tooning BHs into infinity. I know, you "may" only use 2 toons. I know from experience that that doesn't happen anymore.
    And mining stuff, then NPCing the full stacks. Some people have even managed to automate it, go check a few "_FTW" characters around the White Lotus residence for instance (on the Morai server). Reported them, but nothing's being done about it of course.
    And the Territory rewards.
    And Jolly Jones picking, with as many toons as possible. I've seen some folks automate this too, logging in excess of 200 toons over the course of a few hours - all in the same faction. 200 * 0.158 = at least 32M per day right there... Reported them, but nothing's being done about it of course.

For cheaters there's still a few ways to make easy money that normal players can't get to. Things aren't as bad as before the DQ value wipe, but we need more BH's like AEU/EU where multiclienting means squadwipe, and we need the initial cash gift from Jones to be eradicated.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And pulling an instance with a powerful toon, AOEing all the mobs and picking the potions/jades.
    And autoculti if you're smart about it.
    And multi-tooning BHs into infinity. I know, you "may" only use 2 toons. I know from experience that that doesn't happen anymore.
    And mining stuff, then NPCing the full stacks. Some people have even managed to automate it, go check a few "_FTW" characters around the White Lotus residence for instance (on the Morai server). Reported them, but nothing's being done about it of course.
    And the Territory rewards.
    And Jolly Jones picking, with as many toons as possible. I've seen some folks automate this too, logging in excess of 200 toons over the course of a few hours - all in the same faction. 200 * 0.158 = at least 32M per day right there... Reported them, but nothing's being done about it of course.

For cheaters there's still a few ways to make easy money that normal players can't get to. Things aren't as bad as before the DQ value wipe, but we need more BH's like AEU/EU where multiclienting means squadwipe, and we need the initial cash gift from Jones to be eradicated.

Is this sarcasm ? I hope so.

To pull an instance with a powerful toon you first have to make a powerful toon.
    I think the name for this is called grinding mobs. And this is called working so I see nothing wrong in it. Its not like letting your toon over night to kill while you are sleeping.

Loging 200 toons for JOJ? This is an exageration no? Who the **** has 200 toons to log them so he can do JOJ quests?
    You talk like for every normal player there are 10 cheaters. And if you have time to observe al this you are not playing the game. You kinda are stalking others.
    But ok lets make you happy. Eradicate the cash gift from JOJ but increase the reward to 100k coins per quest.
    giphy.gif

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    too long...

You pretty much said the same thing as me, plus a few very repetitive methods which are probably only practiced by bots.

Maybe you use bots. I don't use them, and I don't need to.