edited February 2015 in General Discussion
How The Hell Do U Get Perm Banned
Post edited by lukusazaron on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    By not reading the ToS, also here's how:
    1. Get reported (implying support does anything with that though)

2. Be a jackass (wait, this word isn't censored on forums?)

3. **** in a way PWE doesn't like. Their ToS states they can ban you for no reason at all

4. Scam PWE

5. Scam ingame

6. Repeatedly singing horrible songs on world chat

7. Rubbing your nipples while triple spark aps'ing on anti-aps buffed bosses

8. Saying bad bad things about PWE or PWI

9. Making threads about lag and how it's always PWE's fault, even though it's not

10. Making these kind of threads

11. Post bad bad things on the forums

12. Not paying your zen

13. Not reading the ToS

14. By reading the ToS (hey, they can ban for no reason at all so why not the contradiction?)

Anyone else want to add more?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Send random explicitly sexual PMs to a person, and get your *** reported. As soon as anyone mentions kids getting PMs like that, admins will jump to ban a person.
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Number 7.. Why do I get the feeling you've done this before.. lol
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
    edited February 2015
    Number 7.. Why do I get the feeling you've done this before.. lol

Nah, I use a skillspam easy mode macro on anti-aps buffed bosses b:avoid
    Soon™
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nah, I use a skillspam easy mode macro on anti-aps buffed bosses b:avoid

pretty sure, if you are a demon sin and you dont have the mystic buff + heart shatter in squad, apsing is still more dmg :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited February 2015
    pretty sure, if you are a demon sin and you dont have the mystic buff + heart shatter in squad, apsing is still more dmg :/

Rarely have a seeker or mystic in squad, let alone both.
    I reach nowhere near the damage I get from APS'ing in comparison to the macro I use.
    Might also be because there's a near 200 dex gap when using APS gear or R9rr, not sure.

Regardless, APS never seemed to come close to skillspam on those bosses for me.
    Soon™
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,798 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Bans Cant be discussed on the forums.

But for may reasons until this is closed. U need to contact the GMs via the support ticket system.

Thanks,
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    heero200 wrote: »
    Bans Cant be discussed on the forums.

But for may reasons until this is closed. U need to contact the GMs via the support ticket system.

Thanks,

Discussing ways a person can be banned is not part of the rule you are thinking of. On top of which...i have seen far worse threads that should have been closed been ignore by mods...who have taken a hiatus lately and seem quiet. Regardless....i wonder why OP asked this in the first place. I mean....either he or something he knows was banned...which means OMG PWE is actually taking care of their tickets? Or..did someone look at a GM wrong after maint? Meh oh well....rubs nipples while dph auto attacking a boss with anti normal damage buff.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015

Most commonly you would get a permanent bad from severe infractions like attempting to sell your account, sexual harassment, or repeated violations.

Some things like logging in using a VPN service will get you perma-banned by the server bots, but those are usually pretty easy to get reversed. Apparently, if you spend enough, it's relatively easy to get the other more typical permanent bans reversed as well. (It's been a while since I've heard of the latter, but I know of more than a couple of cases for fact. If you were active on Sanctuary 2-3 years ago, you probably know their names.)

DEMHEALSMAN's post was mostly a joke, but seriously, read the ToS. They used to have a chart that would list the levels of punishment, but took it down a few years ago when they stopped providing real support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lukusazaron
    lukusazaron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    GMs are slacking, I broke one of the rules mentioned above repeatedly
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    gms Are Slacking, I Broke One Of The Rules Mentioned Above Repeatedly

banhammmerrrrr!
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015

If you want to get yourself permabanned the fastest and easiest way to do it is to log in from a proxy server from a banned region like Egypt.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    TBH I don't even know what a proxy server is, but recently one of our faction members logged in after all his alts were banned from using a proxy server and he was raging about it. A couple days later he was gone too and others in the faction tell me it was from the same thing.

So that does seem one of the things PWI is monitoring.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015
    TBH I don't even know what a proxy server is, but recently one of our faction members logged in after all his alts were banned from using a proxy server and he was raging about it. A couple days later he was gone too and others in the faction tell me it was from the same thing.

So that does seem one of the things PWI is monitoring.

Yeah, there's a bot on the server designed to detect and auto-ban proxied connections, or connections from certain IP regions. A few years ago we had a large rash of auto-bans due to ISP's offering "Accelerated" service which was basically pre-buffering data for websites through the ISP network, which meant all of your traffic was basically going through a proxy at the ISP. Had to call your ISP and request the Accelerated service be turned off, then work with PWE to get your accounts back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Listening to Justin Bieber will get you banned for 3 generations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]