Pls fix Arc Error

Comments

• Mpfi - Sanctuary
    Mpfi - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    can't log in. Says to check my internet but once again the problem is not the user, its the **** they seem to love and force on us instead of just admitting it was a mistake and go back to what works....

/rant

FIX ARC NOW (or at least respond). Even a "fvck you" would be better than no responce at all.

and please dont add any more content while ya'll are not fixing anything. Can't be overwhelming us with with all this new stuff...

/sarcasm
    "If people get any more picky about their squad makeup, there's going to be a fashion requirement in order to join squads."
    Reliea - Sanctuary
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't log onto Ace, it keeps saying my internet is not connected...well if it's not how can I get on the web and log on here?! Stupid Arc why they ever made us use that **** is beyond me! FIX ARC! I want to play my game!
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Game updates and runs fine if you don't use Arc. You guys might want to look into using one of the workarounds.

Yeah we should, but in my mind that shouldn't be nessesary to do, steam and origin seems to know how to run their "log on here to access your games and play" clients, just pwe there needs to get their stuff working.

have seen a few workarounds on it tho - might use them if I get tired of waiting on arc getting fixed b:victory
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • laikiraski
    laikiraski Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Guyz ..... Just go to Launcher PWI folder ,find file with name : arcsdk.dll , delete it and then press the launcher icon, and the game will launch ,have fun b:bye
  • Will_Smith - Sanctuary
    Will_Smith - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't log in with Arc. "Login has timed out. Please check your network connection and try again." Can't be network as I'm able to get to this forum just fine.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Would someone be kind enough to post a link to a work around for logging in without using this **** Arc? Thank you very much. b:thanks
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    laikiraski wrote: »
    Guyz ..... Just go to Launcher PWI folder ,find file with name : arcsdk.dll , delete it and then press the launcher icon, and the game will launch ,have fun b:bye

Thank you very much for the info. but it's a bunch of B.S. that we have to do this for **** to work in this game though. They might try hiring some people that know what the f*** they are doing.

Well I tried this and it is not working for me. D:
  • soryn303
    soryn303 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    laikiraski
    thanks mate it works,follow him guys :D
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cucujanu wrote: »
    why in gods name people still use arc to start and play the game.......b:surprised

Found a workaround

1. create a shortcut to your patcher with this target:
    "C:\.....\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\patcher.exe" arc:1
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • melodeon
    melodeon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Does this make me unable to start arc at all or does it just enable me to start pwi without a need of arc but i can still log into arc to redeem codes and stuff when needed?
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sylen lists several methods of circumventing Arc in this post:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21503211&postcount=7

I personally use method #3 and have since Arc was integrated. Never had an issue with it.

For those of you using the method of removing arcsdk.dll, remember you will have to do that after every update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Will_Smith - Sanctuary
    Will_Smith - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tek1nig wrote: »

Found a workaround

1. create a shortcut to your patcher with this target:
    "C:\.....\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\patcher.exe" arc:1

Thanks you can do this by right clicking your icon in patcher folder and send to desktop. Then open the properties of this new shortcut and add like you said arc:1 after it in the target line.
  • _ragnar_ - Raging Tide
    _ragnar_ - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015

thanks hun sorted now :))b:kiss
  • tek1nig
    edited February 2015
    Here i'll post it properly the way I put It on my the bankaigod facebook group

Hi guys !!! Currently there is an issue with ARC Login prohibiting you from having access to your ARC games. So, Here is a quick not so technical "TECHNICAL" work around that will help you login quick !!!

1. Go to your perfect world ICON and right click and go to properties
    2. You should now be on the shortcut tab. Go to TARGET.
    3. At the end of the information that is already typed there you should type arc:1
    4. Press Apply and now pwi will launch normally WITHOUT ARC grin emoticon!!!
    5. Your target should look like this:
    - Notice the space after .exe -
    C:\...Perfect World International\patcher\patcher.exe arc:1

VWjvQZ8.jpg

• bombe101
    bombe101 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same here ... b:sad
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the real question is: is someone able to log arc?

(I can play without trouble but i can not buy my orbs qq)
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear
    _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2015

This will enable a one time ability to log into pwi without arc starting up. The .dll file will rewrite itself once pwi is launched. You will have to delete the file before launching pwi every single time.

There is a simple way to permanently prevent arc from starting when pwi is launched, without hacking the program or altering/rewriting any of the files. But I am not comfortable explaining how here. It may encourage the dev's to seek a method of preventing it. And if they ever do that, that will be when I permanently quit pwi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame... We all stand precariously on the edge between darkness and light... And when we fall, we are greeted by only madness and chaos." ~Raogrimm: Galkan Talekeeper, Final Fantasy XI.
    Venomancer 100: _Wesa_ - Semi-Active - Faction Leader: Jerusalem
    Cleric 100: LilyKatt - Retired/Deleted. All storage Characters: Deleted
    On Facebook: Manny's Menagerie
  • tek1nig
    edited February 2015
    the real question is: is someone able to log arc?

(I can play without trouble but i can not buy my orbs qq)

Nobody is able. Currently - There is no update from arc staff letting us know there is an issue or a planned or scheduled maintenance.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear
    Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    this solution works. but not every one reads the forums. so I suggest PWI fixes this problem ASAP.
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    same problem
  • _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2015
    matthew4 wrote: »
    Sin 105 lv Demon 5 APS R9rr Weap +12 Gear R8r+8

BM 103 lv Demon 4 APS APS gear + T3 set +7

Cleric 101 lv Sage T3 set +7

2x Barb 101 lv Demon T3 Set +7

Someone has either been playing from day one launch of the game or they have way too much time on their hands. Or both, lol.

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame... We all stand precariously on the edge between darkness and light... And when we fall, we are greeted by only madness and chaos." ~Raogrimm: Galkan Talekeeper, Final Fantasy XI.
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    idk what u want i play 1 year and all only over farm and idk why delete arcsdk.dll PWI have more ppl and ppl witch brain on fix
  • Donifan - Raging Tide
    Donifan - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have a question. Are the workarounds allowed or I might be banned or something if I use them?

Thank you! Sorry if I ask a stupid question.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i had the same problem and did a search for arc in start menu. Ran program "arc repair" restarted arc and ran fine.
  • _Wesa_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2015
    I have a question. Are the workarounds allowed or I might be banned or something if I use them?

Thank you! Sorry if I ask a stupid question.

I've not heard of anyone being banned for using a work around. I originally didn't bother with a work around myself, but after reading some things on the internet about arc, I decided I would. It's not any of them mentioned on here, though. Granted, I do not know if what I read about arc on the internet is true or not, but I am a stickler for internet safety and privacy, so, I stand on the side of caution.

eirghan wrote: »
    i had the same problem and did a search for arc in start menu. Ran program "arc repair" restarted arc and ran fine.

I think most people forget that feature of the program is there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    b:lipcurl > SweetieBot! >> {b:mischievous} How much Wood could a Woodchuck chuck, if the Woodchuck was always being forced by PWE to have to use ARC to chuck its WoOd?? ? b:puzzled > {b:mischievous} Meep! meep!! > b:avoid>>>> > > >
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    seitori wrote: »
    SweetieBot! >> {
    Do you watch the tv show Friends?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• burnabybuildings
    burnabybuildings Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eirghan wrote: »

NOpe didnt work for me. Anyone else try it and have success?
    http://meandpwi.blogspot.ca

sage cleric 102-102-101 / sage BM 102-102-102 / sage sin 102-102-103 / demon cleric 102-102-102 / demon veno 102-101-100 / demon archer 102 / sage barb 101-100-100 / sage seeker 101
  • Donifan - Raging Tide
    Donifan - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've not heard of anyone being banned for using a work around. I originally didn't bother with a work around myself, but after reading some things on the internet about arc, I decided I would. It's not any of them mentioned on here, though. Granted, I do not know if what I read about arc on the internet is true or not, but I am a stickler for internet safety and privacy, so, I stand on the side of caution.

Thank you very much for the reply and info! b:thanks

NOpe didnt work for me. Anyone else try it and have success?
    I tried it, but it didn't work for me either. :(
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Check out this part on the forum in General: It worked for me to get online till Arc is getting stuff running again:

How to add an argument to the element client