Any one else got this?

Options
Kenshin_ - Harshlands
Kenshin_ - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
hey i was just fine until i changed to max. window and then got back to window mode...
then i got this 4 circles which i can't take out or move.

Any 1 else knows what are those?

I'm a stormbringer and my 3 charges are still int he right spot... b:sad

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/9584/vRaAPi.png
Post edited by Kenshin_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This happened to my barb too. There's no way to remove it, drag, click on anything.. its just fixed there. And only on that one toon.
  • Kenshin_ - Harshlands
    Kenshin_ - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    yeah, it's only on that toon.... any way to remove it?
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    happened to me too once, but then it went away. I can't remember if I logged out or if I messed around with the screen's resolution
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It moves around depending on the screen resolution. I play at 1920x1080 full and it's over on the left side, halfway off the screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have this on two toons created after last update (a stormbringer and a wizzard)
    The two toons are on two different accounts and I have this everytime I log them. I tested it on two different computers with same results. For one toon this is always on the top right, for the other one this i middle.
    But with my other toons that are divided between the two same accounts, I never have this.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    this is what you're seeing:

http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2014/12/29//14122905301817935912832165.jpg

PWE just decided to remove all its functions

find these lines on your character ini:
    Win_SysModeQuickBar_x = 
    Win_SysModeQuickBar_y =

that controls where it is. just make them 9999/9999 and it'll vanish

if you need help finding your ini number I'll be glad to help
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A quickbar. I'd find uses for that. Maybe it will be available on next working patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
    edited December 2014
    Options

Win_SysModeQuickBar_x = 
    Win_SysModeQuickBar_y =

Yeah, it will take most of them asking. b:chuckle
    I just sort by date
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A quickbar. I'd find uses for that. Maybe it will be available on next working patch.
    China has has it since NH. if we were going to get it , we would have by now

and Sylen, maybe you want to do a guide for it then? :P Date doesn't always work
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    edited December 2014
    Options
    China has has it since NH. if we were going to get it , we would have by now

and Sylen, maybe you want to do a guide for it then? :P Date doesn't always work

Yeah, I'll poke around with it after I get home from work. You're right though, date only works if you change your menu layout or resolution frequently.

I just had someone tell me that you can use textPad to mass-change the files, so I'll have to figure that out also. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azealiacia - Archosaur
    Azealiacia - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Win_SysModeQuickBar_x = 
    Win_SysModeQuickBar_y =

I can not find my INI files ><
    It's the end of PWI as we know it. Packs going to 50 cents jumped our economy up to 1mil per gold. It's over for non-cashoppers.
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I can not find my INI files ><

It will be somewhere like this:

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\Layout

or maybe:

C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\Layout

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Azealiacia - Archosaur
    Azealiacia - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It will be somewhere like this:

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\Layout

or maybe:

C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\Layout

Good Luck!
    okay... found them, but It didn't change when I put 9999/9999 for each of the data values b:sadb:surrender
    It's the end of PWI as we know it. Packs going to 50 cents jumped our economy up to 1mil per gold. It's over for non-cashoppers.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    okay... found them, but It didn't change when I put 9999/9999 for each of the data values b:sadb:surrender
    Win_SysModeQuickBar_x = 9999
    Win_SysModeQuickBar_y = 9999

you need to be logged out completely before changing them
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    Options
    (bumping this so it gets more exposure)
  • charleynn
    charleynn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My layout is nothing but a bunch of lists. How do I know which one to click?
  • SeaCups - Dreamweaver
    SeaCups - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    b:victoryb:victoryThank you! I was wondering for days what that was on my screen LOL
  • luthien
    luthien Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    -bump-
    useful information, should get more views b:victory
  • hugmachine
    hugmachine Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OK the best way to get rid of them is to verify several times.
    This works unless your running win 10 TP.
    If you are running win 10 TP then I hope you have more than 1 computer, and that the other is not running win 10.
    If you have 2 or more computers and only 1 is running win 10 then simply copy PW from the non 10 computer and paste it over the PW on the win 10 computer.
    This was the only thing that worked for me..
    Hope this helps..

PS reinstalling PW did not help, thats why the copy and paste..
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Win_SysModeQuickBar_x = 
    Win_SysModeQuickBar_y =

thank you. very helpful b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i cannot find what ini file to edit i checked the layout and the most recent one is from may of LAST year... that cant be right... i even went thru each file and did a search on "Win_SysModeQuickBar_x" and couldnt find it on any of them... help? this thing is really annoying...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Each layout .ini file is for a different character. Edit all of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i guessed that but the line told to look for Win_SysModeQuickBar_x does not exist on any of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aviax - Raging Tide
    Aviax - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    For those struggling to fine the .ini for you're character I've worked out how to find it:

-Go to C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\Layout or where ever you have PWI saved to.

-When here click on "date modified" at the top until the most recent ones are at the top.

-If you are logged into you're character log out and refresh the window with the .ini files and the one for you're character should come up at the top, double check this by looking at the date and time. If not log into you're character, log back out and refresh.

-If you are confident the one at the top is the right one just follow the rest of this post, open in and find Win_SysModeQuickBar_x and Win_SysModeQuickBar_y (some where near the bottom) then replace the numbers so it would become;
    Win_SysModeQuickBar_x = 9999 Win_SysModeQuickBar_y = 9999

I hope this helped :D It worked for me.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    For those struggling to fine the .ini for you're character I've worked out how to find it:

-Go to C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\Layout or where ever you have PWI saved to.

-When here click on "date modified" at the top until the most recent ones are at the top.

-If you are logged into you're character log out and refresh the window with the .ini files and the one for you're character should come up at the top, double check this by looking at the date and time. If not log into you're character, log back out and refresh.

-If you are confident the one at the top is the right one just follow the rest of this post, open in and find Win_SysModeQuickBar_x and Win_SysModeQuickBar_y (some where near the bottom) then replace the numbers so it would become;
    Win_SysModeQuickBar_x = 9999 Win_SysModeQuickBar_y = 9999

I hope this helped :D It worked for me.

Thank you very much, helped me alot. i couldnt figure out which ini everyone was talking about but this made alot more sense, thanks.

b:pleased
  • jytheone
    jytheone Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    by changing them to 9999 works, but after awhile, the ox with circle keeps coming back. and im only experiencing this on my new characters. My duskblade and stormbringer. its really annoying as it is blocking the mini map
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • watgek
    watgek Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    thanks people it helped
  • Arlenia - Dreamweaver
    Arlenia - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    When I try to edit those files it says access denied. Any way to get rid of this without messing with the files manually?
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You have permission issues. Easiest way around this without manually changing all of the files permissions is this http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • bettyhart
    bettyhart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thank you for this post! That menu has been driving me insane. So glad it is off of my characters UI. b:thanks