[Maintenance Discussion] 2/10/15 COMPLETE

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Hey all,

Tonight there will be maintenance from 11PM - 2AM PDT. This is just a restart, some of the other stuff we need to fix will be coming hopefully in the next patch.

Timezone Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150210T23&p1=%3A&ah=3

Maintenance Question: What other genre of games do you play? You don't need to name the game, just genre. Why do you play it, and what do you find fun in them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First post. :D

I play shooting games, RPG games, sandbox games, **** and slash games, racing games at times. My specialty and bread and butter of game genres would be fighting games....where I am an absolute beast of carnage and no remorse.

I have a competitive spirit, so I love assaulting my opponent with overwhelming, overpowering, undescribable force.

RPG's = I am an obsessive leveler, and am a completionist (When it's within reason). I seek to obliterate my opponents, level high and fast, and leave a swath of blood and bones in my wake.

Sandbox = I do random things...and cause absolute destruction. Should I be tested, I will totally destroy an environment if it can be destroyed. I'm the one that will gladly and gleefully wreck an entire city just to destroy one person...the weakest person....and I will use maximum force to do so.

Racing games = I play at times, and try to win. Even if I can't hurt you, I will attempt to ram you, pit you, block you, and drive you into a wall...even if it means that I take damage.

Shooting games = I'm an expert with explosives, vehicles, sniping, and I have little issue going kamikaze to assault a person. I'm very prone to use powerful melee weapons also.

**** and Slash = Level up, gain things, leave a wide swath of destruction in my wake....kill every enemy...even if they're across the map.

Fighting games = I seek nothing more than complete and utter victory with 100% subjugation of my opponents. I am nicknamed as the spirit breaker and the destroyer of spirits and hope. I have every intention of winning matches with a perfect score, and should I lose...there is the saying that I abide by in fighting games....

If at first you don't succeed....

MAKE SURE YOU DO BETTER NEXT TIME!!

In gaming, I seek nothing more than to battle the most powerful enemies alive. Highly ironic, that I...who am normally a violent defensively aggressive tank....happens to be a cleric here.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    At least not yet.
    : What other genre of games do you play? You don't need to name the game, just genre. Why do you play it, and what do you find fun in them?
    There are always alternatives. Are you sure? That's a good question. I don't think I know the answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When is the next patch ?
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey all,

Tonight there will be maintenance from 11PM - 2AM PDT. This is just a restart, some of the other stuff we need to fix will be coming hopefully in the next patch.

Timezone Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150210T23&p1=%3A&ah=3

Maintenance Question: What other genre of games do you play? You don't need to name the game, just genre. Why do you play it, and what do you find fun in them?

Games where you skill not kill to do actual collection from start to finish. Mining , farming , crafting, gathering skills like that. Gives ya something to do in between the killing. And you are only as poor as you are lazy. The more you skill the more you make easy peasy. b:pleased
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wtb eta on nightshade sage/demon and r9 3rd cast gear....
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey all,

Genre: Science Fiction Fantasy. What attracts me to the other game is the story line. It has voice acting which makes me feel like I am involved in a cartoon rather than playing a game.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    since where not getting a patch ( because u guys gave Forsaken World a Huge update without finishing our update ) can we atleast keep 2x drops 3x exp this way we have something. Most of us who has been playing Sb and DB are 2nd reborn already and still no sage/demon skills or higher. Like i can list off like 100 current glitchs to this game currently but theres no point since u guys dont care after 2 month to give us our stuff u have launched 2 major updates to other games instead. maybe the maintance question should be what game do we wanna play next since you guys dont wanna give us our end game stuff.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll name two anyway.
    Monster Hunter and Smash Bros.
    As for why - the former's not different from PWI. Fight monsters/collect stuff, make new gear to face bigger challenges, rinse and repeat. The latter, I enjoy for technical depth and to fight other players - especially at a tournament level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Survival horror mostly. I love me some zombies.
  • rayalonglegs
    rayalonglegs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What games do I play, MMORPG, and strategy games. My goal in all games is to become an independent force. I conquered WOW in single player. Then moved to Guild wars 1&2 and conquered both with just pet and henchmen then after soloed once I knew the maps

I have played pwi for 5 years and 3 of those is solo with my own toons as pre buffs.

So the challenge for me is to do everything others depend on groups to do myself.
  • rayalonglegs
    rayalonglegs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    c44102 wrote: »
    since where not getting a patch ( because u guys gave Forsaken World a Huge update without finishing our update ) can we atleast keep 2x drops 3x exp this way we have something. Most of us who has been playing Sb and DB are 2nd reborn already and still no sage/demon skills or higher. Like i can list off like 100 current glitchs to this game currently but theres no point since u guys dont care after 2 month to give us our stuff u have launched 2 major updates to other games instead. maybe the maintance question should be what game do we wanna play next since you guys dont wanna give us our end game stuff.

I remember telling all players on Sanctuary that this new expansion was nothing more then a delay tactic to make people spend more money on outfitting their new toons and making new arcane gear and light armour for new classes, buying pots and charms and tomes and such and all the while pwi is profiting from your new builds you forgot about the problems of pre expansion. Now that players have their toons to 100 they face more problems with new toons and still have the glitches from pre-expanion

This is what pwi does and has done for years when a major server or in game error occurs they add a new class this keeps people quiet for a while because people fall into a state of awe over then new toons and forget or set aside their anger at the game errors if not just for a little while. All racing to level their toons first and equip them with the best gear they can, all this race to the lvl 100 RB2 levels makes pwi more money and you guys fell for it.

sad no one understand psychology and spending anymore.

IF YOU NUMB NUTS DON:T LIKE PWI TEAM QUIT BUYING PACKS GOLD AND BUYING IN GAME ITEMS FROM VENDORS WHO BUY FROM BOUTIQUE.

PWI HAS NO REASON TO FIX GAME WHEN PEOPLE ARE STILL HANDING THEM CASH

simple as that.

but again people are lazy and you guys will not stop spending cash for in game stuffs like tokens to make crab meat and fashions to make your toons look cool or overpriced flyers which all fly at 3.2 but looks cool, or spend money on packs to get the next new thing so you are in the click of the first ones to get **** and sell for millions of in game currency.

People those who do the above are part of the problem.

The only reason pwi does not fix problems is they are supported by players to spite the anger of the broken system people still feed pwi's pockets.

so go and feed the system,

I do not I farm for my pots, I farm for my gear I farm for my stuffs and it may take me longer to reach endgame but so be it . at least I can say I didn;t fuel the beast.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    text

^bravo. This one gets it.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Other games I play are none online but I do love a great game of chess because it requires actual thought compared to the button pressing elitist PvP wannabes in MMOs
    I remember telling all players on Sanctuary that this new expansion was nothing more then a delay tactic to make people spend more money on outfitting their new toons and making new arcane gear and light armour for new classes, buying pots and charms and tomes and such and all the while pwi is profiting from your new builds you forgot about the problems of pre expansion. Now that players have their toons to 100 they face more problems with new toons and still have the glitches from pre-expanion

This is what pwi does and has done for years when a major server or in game error occurs they add a new class this keeps people quiet for a while because people fall into a state of awe over then new toons and forget or set aside their anger at the game errors if not just for a little while. All racing to level their toons first and equip them with the best gear they can, all this race to the lvl 100 RB2 levels makes pwi more money and you guys fell for it.

IF YOU NUMB NUTS DON:T LIKE PWI TEAM QUIT BUYING PACKS GOLD AND BUYING IN GAME ITEMS FROM VENDORS WHO BUY FROM BOUTIQUE.

simple as that.

but again people are lazy and you guys will not stop spending cash for in game stuffs like tokens to make crab meat and fashions to make your toons look cool or overpriced flyers which all fly at 3.2 but looks cool, or spend money on packs to get the next new thing so you are in the click of the first ones to get **** and sell for millions of in game currency.

The only reason pwi does not fix problems is they are supported by players to spite the anger of the broken system people still feed pwi's pockets.

I do not I farm for my pots, I farm for my gear I farm for my stuffs and it may take me longer to reach endgame but so be it . at least I can say I didn;t fuel the beast.

Too bad. You must think PWI can run for free and those of us that spend money must be the devil
    ^bravo. This one gets it.

^^ this one doesn't
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2015

simple as that.

I do not I farm for my pots, I farm for my gear I farm for my stuffs and it may take me longer to reach endgame but so be it . at least I can say I didn't fuel the beast.

You obviously don't know much. PWI gets everything from PWCN... only codes and little other things the GMs have control over. If China wants to put a new class, then they rightfully do since the game is led by them. Everything PWI gets is a delay from China patches and translated.

Then your second point assumes everyone that plays the new class charges gold. I have a rr9 Stormbringer without charging a single penny. There are some people like me that know how to actually play a Free to Play game without paying (crazy right?).

Everything else you claim is emotion based and makes no logic when you think about it. Instead of blanking making absurd assertions, maybe it you tactfully state that your opinion is blah blah blah then you might receive better results then pretending you are the first and smartest person to come up with a claim that is only backed up by emotions and not facts. Even before the new classes came out there was not much wrong with PW to make new classes for, if anything now more people are playing Eclipse over New Horizons. The only point possibly is the glitches and bugs need to be still fixed, but again that is beyond PWE control since PWCN controls the game files, patches, and fixes. The GMs can only request China to create fixes and patches for PWI.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I personally like Fantasy sandbox RPGs, where you have to really earn your way up. It allows people to do things and feel accomplished and possibly industrious.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey all,

I seriously hope we will get the infamous "server error please log out and try again" fixed. b:surrender

Note: Does anyone like my new signature? b:bye
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • jjbrendan
    jjbrendan Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I do NOT bother with other games for this games keeps me fully occupied b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    you guys should just give up asking Sparkiesoft to answer questions. either the game will get fixed when it gets fixed or it won't and the conspiracy theory that they are making all these sales and gave us this new expansion just to milk us of more money before shutting down is true.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Blue_Moon - Heavens Tear
    Blue_Moon - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Survival horror mostly. I love me some zombies.

hmm idk , fave game is laugh my butt off while Sien yells Blueeee save me in nw b:chuckle
  • koinamionly1213
    koinamionly1213 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Outside of this, I generally play MOBAs. I feel that MOBA games offer a higher chance to display skill rather than hours of farming or grinding. They feel more quick paced and exciting to me. For example, I've noticed in pvp in this game (provided equal gear for simplicity's sake), it's less about reaction and more about kiting CDs and and predicting what skills will come next. The reaction principle is more or less not there for me (remember, this is just my view on the situation).
  • lukusazaron
    lukusazaron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Gm Sucks Diicks
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Zombie shooters (Dead Space and Bioshock series), occasionally 4d sims (Alpha centauri, Sins of a Solar Empire mainly).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015

The kind that involves tentacles. Lots and lots of tentacles.
    And high school uniforms.

Oh, also RPG's.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Uglier - Sanctuary
    Uglier - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    look who's bringing sexy back b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maintenance Question: What other genre of games do you play? You don't need to name the game, just genre. Why do you play it, and what do you find fun in them?[/QUOTE]

I Loved Final Fantasy 7 + 8 ( tried the rest but wasn't as keen )

Out of 7 & 8, 8 i would say was the best as there was so much to do in such a vast world. Hardly anything was repeatative unless you actually wanted to. Hidden quests was good within the game also

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Im bored, hurry up with restartb:surrender
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm probably crazy byt PWI is my only game b:shocked
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • kurisukotze
    edited February 2015
    Same here, well for now til i get new PC

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • kurisukotze
    edited February 2015
    SweetieBot server status please