Sky Pasta

bearishidonteven
bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
It should be noted that I've upvoted every single person who's disagreed with me here, as far as I know.

That said.

In 7th grade, I took an SAT test without preparing for it at all, it was spur-of-the-moment, I knew about it about an hour ahead of time and didn't do any research or anything. I scored higher on it than the average person using it to apply for college in my area.

An IQ test has shown me to be in the 99.9th percentile for IQ. This is the highest result the test I was given reaches; anything further and they'd consider it to be within the margin of error for that test.

My mother's boyfriend of 8 years is an aerospace engineer who graduated Virginia Tech. At the age of 15, I understand physics better than him, and I owe very little of it to him, as he would rarely give me a decent explanation of anything, just tell me that my ideas were wrong and become aggravated with me for not quite understanding thermodynamics. He's not particularly successful as an engineer, but I've met lots of other engineers who aren't as good as me at physics, so I'm guessing that's not just a result of him being bad at it.

I'm also pretty good at engineering. I don't have a degree, and other than physics I don't have a better understanding of any aspect of engineering than any actual engineer, but I have lots of ingenuity for inventing new things. For example, I independently invented regenerative brakes before finding out what they were, and I was only seven or eight years old when I started inventing wireless electricity solutions (my first idea being to use a powerful infrared laser to transmit energy; admittedly not the best plan).

I have independently thought of basically every branch of philosophy I've come across. Every question of existentialism which I've seen discussed in SMBC or xkcd or Reddit or anywhere else, the thoughts haven't been new to me. Philosophy has pretty much gotten trivial for me; I've considered taking a philosophy course just to see how easy it is.

Psychology, I actually understand better than people with degrees. Unlike engineering, there's no aspect of psychology which I don't have a very good understanding of. I can debunk many of even Sigmund Freud's theories.

I'm a good enough writer that I'm writing a book and so far everybody who's read any of it has said it was really good and plausible to expect to have published. And that's not just, like, me and family members, that counts strangers on the Internet. I've heard zero negative appraisal of it so far; people have critiqued it, but not insulted it.

I don't know if that will suffice as evidence that I'm intelligent. I'm done with it, though, because I'd rather defend my maturity, since it's what you've spent the most time attacking. The following are some examples of my morals and ethical code.

I believe firmly that everybody deserves a future. If we were to capture Hitler at the end of WWII, I would be against executing him. In fact, if we had any way of rehabilitating him and knowing that he wasn't just faking it, I'd even support the concept of letting him go free. This is essentially because I think that whoever you are in the present is a separate entity from who you were in the past and who you are in the future, and while your present self should take responsibility for your past self's actions, it shouldn't be punished for them simply for the sake of punishment, especially if the present self regrets the actions of the past self and feels genuine guilt about them.

I don't believe in judgement of people based on their personal choices as long as those personal choices aren't harming others. I don't have any issue with any type of sexuality whatsoever (short of physically acting out necrophilia, pedophilia, or other acts which have a harmful affect on others - but I don't care what a person's fantasies consist of, as long as they recognize the difference between reality and fiction and can separate them). I don't have any issue with anybody over what type of music they listen to, or clothes they wear, etc. I know that's not really an impressive moral, but it's unfortunately rare; a great many people, especially those my age, are judgmental about these things.

I love everyone, even people I hate. I wish my worst enemies good fortune and happiness. Rick Perry is a vile, piece of **** human being, deserving of zero respect, but I wish for him to change for the better and live the best life possible. I wish this for everyone.

I'm pretty much a pacifist. I've taken a broken nose without fighting back or seeking retribution, because the guy stopped punching after that. The only time I'll fight back is if 1) the person attacking me shows no signs of stopping and 2) if I don't attack, I'll come out worse than the other person will if I do. In other words, if fighting someone is going to end up being more harmful to them than just letting them go will be to me, I don't fight back. I've therefore never had a reason to fight back against anyone in anything serious, because my ability to take pain has so far made it so that I'm never in a situation where I'll be worse off after a fight. If I'm not going to get any hospitalizing injuries, I really don't care.

The only exception is if someone is going after my life. Even then, I'll do the minimum amount of harm to them that I possibly can in protecting myself. If someone points a gun at me and I can get out of it without harming them, I'd prefer to do that over killing them.

I consider myself a feminist. I don't believe in enforced or uniform gender roles; they may happen naturally, but they should never be coerced into happening unnaturally. As in, the societal pressure for gender roles should really go, even if it'll turn out that the majority of relationships continue operating the same way of their own accord. I treat women with the same outlook I treat men, and never participate in the old Reddit "women are crazy" circlejerk, because there are multiple women out there and each have different personalities just like there are multiple men out there and each with different personalities. I don't think you do much of anything except scare off the awesome women out there by going on and on about the ones who aren't awesome.

That doesn't mean I look for places to victimize women, I just don't believe it's fair to make generalizations such as the one about women acting like everything's OK when it's really not (and that's a particularly harsh example, because all humans do that).

I'm kind of tired of citing these examples and I'm guessing you're getting tired of reading them, if you've even made it this far. In closing, the people who know me in real life all respect me, as do a great many people in the Reddit brony community, where I spend most of my time and where I'm pretty known for being helpful around the community. A lot of people in my segment of the community are depressed or going through hard times, and I spend a lot of time giving advice and support to people there. Yesterday someone quoted a case of me doing this in a post asking everyone what their favorite motivational/inspirational quote was, and that comment was second to the top, so I guess other people agreed (though, granted, it was a pretty low-traffic post, only about a dozen competing comments).

And, uh, I'm a pretty good moderator.

All that, and I think your behavior in this thread was totally assholish. So what do you think, now that you at least slightly know me? I dont even... b:laugh
Post edited by bearishidonteven on

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I believe firmly that everybody deserves a future. If we were to capture Hitler at the end of WWII, I would be against executing him. In fact, if we had any way of rehabilitating him and knowing that he wasn't just faking it, I'd even support the concept of letting him go free. This is essentially because I think that whoever you are in the present is a separate entity from who you were in the past and who you are in the future, and while your present self should take responsibility for your past self's actions, it shouldn't be punished for them simply for the sake of punishment, especially if the present self regrets the actions of the past self and feels genuine guilt about them.

So. You know that much about psychology and have come this far, huh? Being in a very similiar position one can only assume that you are either way younger than me or just...well.

You are seriously implying that people can actually change from following their paths of evil or good? no one gets born evil and surely...even hitler could have become a valueable member of the society somehow. True. Could be. BUT you are completely denying the fact that humans are nothing more than wannabe god-lile animals. Drive humans into the corner in a certain way and they will all end up like hitler. Each an everyone. You are pretty much implying that humans are better than animals and could actually control their fate/behaviour to a perfect extent?

Humans are scum the way they act atm. We should be just like other animals. For our own and for the planets sake. Currently we don't really equal normal animals, we are just like parasites.

But after all. Nice off-topic thread there (:

The content of it doesn't really tell us alot about yourself. The fact you created this thread alone tells whole books itself.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The content of it doesn't really tell us alot about yourself. The fact you created this thread alone tells whole books itself.

This post, is posibly one of the biggest amounts (it's big indeed) of ****, lies, stupidness and need of atention I've seen in a long, long while o.o

Get profesional, help, really, you do need it, badly...
  • Ostara - Lost City
    Ostara - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a comment from a reddit thread, a quick google found it. http://www.reddit.com/r/circlejerk/comments/11886l/reddit_how_do_you_make_yourself_sound_smarter/

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Reddit/Reddit_Copypasta (search for The Most Brilliant Teenager in the World)
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    >people actually reading and falling for bearish posts

idonteven.tiff
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015
    It doesn't matter from where it originated. It's still mostly incorrect and premature.

Plus it kept me busy for a short while. I like.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bearish did not want to be outdone by TwiddyCent, I see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    *Casts IH on Bearish*
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Unlikely to happen. Alike many charismatic leaders of the past, Hitler firmly believed that what he was doing was right. That is why he went to such extreme lengths, which resulted in the holocaust atrocity and a global war. Other leaders used similar methods (Stalin for example). People as these are not resocializable and their strength of conviction can influence those without a strong sense of self, driving them to similar atrocities. Taking responsibility and feeling guilt requires you to accept that your past was wrong - people as these will never feel that way.
    I would fully support their execution, along with the execution of similar people in the present - mostly radical religious leaders who incite folk into holy wars, muslim or otherwise. Jihad isn't a new concept... Christianity had it's crusades, forced subjugation of indigenous populations of the Americas, witch burnings and so on... as some might so conveniently forget. To permanently remove such extreme influences from society is the only way to protect society from what is in essence a social disease, and a contagious one.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So. You know that much about psychology and have come this far, huh? Being in a very similiar position one can only assume that you are either way younger than me or just...well.

You are seriously implying that people can actually change from following their paths of evil or good? no one gets born evil and surely...even hitler could have become a valueable member of the society somehow. True. Could be. BUT you are completely denying the fact that humans are nothing more than wannabe god-lile animals. Drive humans into the corner in a certain way and they will all end up like hitler. Each an everyone. You are pretty much implying that humans are better than animals and could actually control their fate/behaviour to a perfect extent?

Humans are scum the way they act atm. We should be just like other animals. For our own and for the planets sake. Currently we don't really equal normal animals, we are just like parasites.

But after all. Nice off-topic thread there (:

''We are just like parasites''

You know you have kinda an Hitler atitude here but with you is worse.
    Hitler believed jews were the scum and they need to be exterminated.
    You believe that all people are the same. Scum. You believe we are like parasites.
    You say that if you drive humans into the corner in a certain way they will all end like Hitler.
    False. Some may end up like him but not all. Because humans are different and each will act in a different way.
    We cannot be like animals because we are humans.
    b:bye
    giphy.gif

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bearish used reddit. It's not very effective.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2015

You believe that all people are the same. Scum. You believe we are like parasites.
    You say that if you drive humans into the corner in a certain way they will all end like Hitler.
    False. Some may end up like him but not all. Because humans are different and each will act in a different way.

Yet again, profesional help, needed, now...
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It should be noted that I've upvoted every single person who's disagreed with me here, as far as I know.

That said.

In 7th grade, I took an SAT test without preparing for it at all, it was spur-of-the-moment, I knew about it about an hour ahead of time and didn't do any research or anything. I scored higher on it than the average person using it to apply for college in my area.

An IQ test has shown me to be in the 99.9th percentile for IQ. This is the highest result the test I was given reaches; anything further and they'd consider it to be within the margin of error for that test.

My mother's boyfriend of 8 years is an aerospace engineer who graduated Virginia Tech. At the age of 15, I understand physics better than him, and I owe very little of it to him, as he would rarely give me a decent explanation of anything, just tell me that my ideas were wrong and become aggravated with me for not quite understanding thermodynamics. He's not particularly successful as an engineer, but I've met lots of other engineers who aren't as good as me at physics, so I'm guessing that's not just a result of him being bad at it.

I'm also pretty good at engineering. I don't have a degree, and other than physics I don't have a better understanding of any aspect of engineering than any actual engineer, but I have lots of ingenuity for inventing new things. For example, I independently invented regenerative brakes before finding out what they were, and I was only seven or eight years old when I started inventing wireless electricity solutions (my first idea being to use a powerful infrared laser to transmit energy; admittedly not the best plan).

I have independently thought of basically every branch of philosophy I've come across. Every question of existentialism which I've seen discussed in SMBC or xkcd or Reddit or anywhere else, the thoughts haven't been new to me. Philosophy has pretty much gotten trivial for me; I've considered taking a philosophy course just to see how easy it is.

Psychology, I actually understand better than people with degrees. Unlike engineering, there's no aspect of psychology which I don't have a very good understanding of. I can debunk many of even Sigmund Freud's theories.

I'm a good enough writer that I'm writing a book and so far everybody who's read any of it has said it was really good and plausible to expect to have published. And that's not just, like, me and family members, that counts strangers on the Internet. I've heard zero negative appraisal of it so far; people have critiqued it, but not insulted it.

I don't know if that will suffice as evidence that I'm intelligent. I'm done with it, though, because I'd rather defend my maturity, since it's what you've spent the most time attacking. The following are some examples of my morals and ethical code.

I don't believe in judgement of people based on their personal choices as long as those personal choices aren't harming others. I don't have any issue with any type of sexuality whatsoever (short of physically acting out necrophilia, pedophilia, or other acts which have a harmful affect on others - but I don't care what a person's fantasies consist of, as long as they recognize the difference between reality and fiction and can separate them). I don't have any issue with anybody over what type of music they listen to, or clothes they wear, etc. I know that's not really an impressive moral, but it's unfortunately rare; a great many people, especially those my age, are judgmental about these things.

I love everyone, even people I hate. I wish my worst enemies good fortune and happiness. Rick Perry is a vile, piece of **** human being, deserving of zero respect, but I wish for him to change for the better and live the best life possible. I wish this for everyone.

I'm pretty much a pacifist. I've taken a broken nose without fighting back or seeking retribution, because the guy stopped punching after that. The only time I'll fight back is if 1) the person attacking me shows no signs of stopping and 2) if I don't attack, I'll come out worse than the other person will if I do. In other words, if fighting someone is going to end up being more harmful to them than just letting them go will be to me, I don't fight back. I've therefore never had a reason to fight back against anyone in anything serious, because my ability to take pain has so far made it so that I'm never in a situation where I'll be worse off after a fight. If I'm not going to get any hospitalizing injuries, I really don't care.

The only exception is if someone is going after my life. Even then, I'll do the minimum amount of harm to them that I possibly can in protecting myself. If someone points a gun at me and I can get out of it without harming them, I'd prefer to do that over killing them.

I consider myself a feminist. I don't believe in enforced or uniform gender roles; they may happen naturally, but they should never be coerced into happening unnaturally. As in, the societal pressure for gender roles should really go, even if it'll turn out that the majority of relationships continue operating the same way of their own accord. I treat women with the same outlook I treat men, and never participate in the old Reddit "women are crazy" circlejerk, because there are multiple women out there and each have different personalities just like there are multiple men out there and each with different personalities. I don't think you do much of anything except scare off the awesome women out there by going on and on about the ones who aren't awesome.

That doesn't mean I look for places to victimize women, I just don't believe it's fair to make generalizations such as the one about women acting like everything's OK when it's really not (and that's a particularly harsh example, because all humans do that).

I'm kind of tired of citing these examples and I'm guessing you're getting tired of reading them, if you've even made it this far. In closing, the people who know me in real life all respect me, as do a great many people in the Reddit brony community, where I spend most of my time and where I'm pretty known for being helpful around the community. A lot of people in my segment of the community are depressed or going through hard times, and I spend a lot of time giving advice and support to people there. Yesterday someone quoted a case of me doing this in a post asking everyone what their favorite motivational/inspirational quote was, and that comment was second to the top, so I guess other people agreed (though, granted, it was a pretty low-traffic post, only about a dozen competing comments).

All that, and I think your behavior in this thread was totally assholish. So what do you think, now that you at least slightly know me? I dont even...

no copy pasterino
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015

Nope. And it's pretty simple.

You imply that we are above animals Altho it has been proven that we are just a little more "intelligent" with our roots being apes = animals.

That also means that you think we are a better/higher lifeform that deserves the upperhand on any other creature on this planet kinda giving us a god-like status. That is not true. It is not for us to decide which living creature is better or worse. We are all the same. All of that is simply explained by a single question. If you think that our intelligence and our "achievements" separate us or putting us above regular animals then tell me this: What good has it brought us, as a species and our planet, which we are constantly abusing and destroying since the beginning of mankind And what do you think is the future of mankind?

You could only argue in the way that I am also part of the problem. I am a human too. It's kinda dumb revolting against your own kind, especially when you say that we are all the same anyways which obviously includes myself as well. Altho I might think that I am better than most other people in nearly any aspect alot of times I've came to realize that thhose thoughts are just lies. There is no better or worse. We are all the same and suffer from the same friggin mistakes. One can try to fight that, true. But...did anyone ever turn out to be victorious? Nope.

What you people mostly forget is that you can try being something else. You can try getting above others. But you will never achieve that beyond a level of tricks and obvious illusions. Behind each and every humans so hardly strenghtend facade...we are all the same. I don't blame people for not realizing that or at least very slowly doing so. Why? Because they delude themselves day by day. How could they possibly realize that others do the same?

From the aspect of a all-powerful, mass-deluding society That is constantly working on self-destruction (as we all are loving in today) one could consider that I need help. From my PoV it is the other way around. I have logic and reason on my side tho :p

BTW: you gotta love some deep, off-topic fun once in a while xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Umm. Nice getting to know you? Why is a biography posted in PW forums? Im lost.... b:shocked
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2015

That said.

All that, and I think your behavior in this thread was totally assholish. So what do you think, now that you at least slightly know me? I dont even... b:laugh
    you a troll i dont even D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *Blinks.* That was a very odd troll thread...

*Casts Sage Ironheart on Bearish.*
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think my intelligence was sharply lowered during the course that I entertained myself to this load of B.S. First off, the post itself has no intelligence whatsoever. It is full of a teenager who has an ego so big that it is beyond comphrehensibility and the fact that he must say his "accomplishments" is proof that he has insecurity issues as well as most of it is probably a lie. If you want real intellegence go walk up to any elite university and you can start talking about any random topic such as philosophy and have a fluent conversion with that person. You want real intelligence? Unlike the poster my IQ especially in the mathematics realm is in the category of "vastly-superior" (genius is not a term that is used on IQ tests anymore so this poster is also outdated on his info), I scored in the 97% of SAT and high school grades and currently attend one of the best universities in the world. But guess what, thats just me bragging and no one cares. Nor does what i just said mean i'm smart, hey maybe i'm lucky? b:shutup
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Casts bramble on bearish to reflect all those IH piling up on you. The stress must be hard for you b:surrender.