Morai G15 vs NV3 in terms of PVE

aburiidah
aburiidah Posts: 23 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all,
If anyone can help; is full AA Morai G15 (armour and weapon) better or equal to NV3 (or even 1st cast R9) in terms of PVE? Considering all armours refined to +5 with G8 shards and weapon +7 with G9 shards. Also would they be able to solo PV100 2-3 runs with Full buff. I am 101 Stormbringer who will be reborning in 1-2 weeks.
Post edited by aburiidah on

Comments

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Theres numbers and math around comparing the two.

From personal experience, I've had HA and AA g15 morai gear, both of which I decided later to swap out for g16. The difference was very noticeable with similar refines, and frankly, I wish I had never wasted my time or money on Morai gear and went straight for the g16 instead.
    Were I to do it again on those characters, I'd get g15 Nirvana, moderately refine it and use it until I was able to upgrade it to g16.
  • aburiidah
    aburiidah Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In terms of damage on mobs what would be the difference between R8 Scythe and G15 Morai Scythe if anyone knows
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    aburiidah wrote: »
    In terms of damage on mobs what would be the difference between R8 Scythe and G15 Morai Scythe if anyone knows

G15 morai sure deals a lot more of damage than R8; how much damage? I am not sure, but you can always go to pwiwiki, copy the formulas and factorize everything.

Someone once told me you can deal as much damage as R9 if you have the right adds.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    aburiidah wrote: »

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Slaying_Levels_and_Warding_Levels
    R8 http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/45038
    R8r http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/45039
    Morai http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/45814
    G16 http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/45047

I am guessing you are looking for an end game weapon thats readily available now. Truth be told neither is a really great option eternally.

Warding levels are said to have depreciating returns while attack levels are said to be constant. Im not a mathematician so someone is going to have to call out asterelles threads if you want to reference that. Ive linked the pw wiki on slaying/attack levels for your reference.

Taking only the weapon into consideration with no set bonuses r8 gives you about 500 additional weapon damage over morai recast. But the percent increase from levels is formidable and would definitely make morai a better choice.

Without doing the math because like i said im not a mathematician id say either is decent but i would not consider either end game if you want to be able to do really drastic damage. The r8r is a good option if you roll for attack levels or status, but in the end if it were me i would always hold out for g16. There is a reason why the most popular weapon choice is g16 even on pve servers.

Edit: as to your original purpose i wouldnt count on soloing pv100 with morai or r8... I know a morai psychic who gets owned in there. Though perhaps two rebirths and full passives may improve your odds... And who knows maybe the class difference is enough... I still wouldnt choose either of these with that goal in mind. G16 maybe.. Solo pv as a caster takes talent without r9 imo.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think in the previous threads 101 morai weapons would be right up there with original r9 and would also depend on the rolls you get and if you are sharded with dot's. Dot's are way to expensive now days to just throw them in that type of gear.

I am not sure about the armor, but I know several people said they loved it others said it sucked.

From a sins perspective weapon dmg would generally be like this. I am sure it could be somewhat the same with another class.

lvl 80 TT hooks
    lvl 95 pixies/g13 niv
    g15 niv /r8/r8r
    r8r/101 morai(dependant on rolls)
    r9/101 morai(dependant on rolls)
    g16 niv
    r9s3

g15 niv r8 and r8r and 101 morai weapons are very debatable on most effective and it is mainly determine by rerolls.

If you are just pve and will never pk in tw or nw then 101 morai is all you will ever need, but g16 niv would be more effective
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As others have said, G16 is typically the better option for both PvE and PvP.

Regarding PV, In my opinion it would be difficult to solo it multiple times in one day without R9....due to the defenses and purify proc.

I'm a Full G16 cleric. I have 2 lunar magic rings, wings of cloudcharger, G15 WS belt, G14 Cube necklace, all gear +6/+7. (+5 rings), all A cards, full incomparable/exclusive garnet sharded armor, +10 magic sword, and I cannot run PV quickly. I have to do several medium pulls, but my armor suffers afterwards. I believe you could solo, but I'm not certain if you could do it in the speed you would like to.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Depends on what you're doing. Anything that does straight weapon damage for its damage, the higher base weapon damage and refine rates will make G15 and everything else better than Morai G15. But with Downburst and such, G15 unrefined already deals more damage than my R8r +4 scythe thanks to slayer levels.

I still need to test, but it also seems like Avatar works with ATTK levels, but ignores slayer levels. There is a noticeable drop in damage using Morai over my R8r, which really shouldn't be there if slayer was included. So I tend to Avatar with R8r, swap to morai while going reaper form, and going from there.

Also morai will become better and better, the more other sources you have for damage. If you get ATTK lvl bonus from set gear, jones, and/or Deity shards, morai becomes better. If you have a really good card set of Bs or As, meridians, nuema, etc; morai becomes better. Because all of that is amped by slayer levels for pve. And 60 alone gives around 50% damage boost for each item, basically.