Failures are always good for a laugh....

Options
MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Feel free to add to this thread or not as you please.....I just felt this was so bad I had to put it down for prosperity.....

PB stands for pill baby - meaning someone who levelled with the pills....

S starts on world chat for bh79. I know a PB friend of mine is online so I message him to join which he does. I then join and offer to help. For the next 3-5 mins S and X (the PB) muck around trying to work out which boss is BH1 for today. They initially agree its 79 so for a surprise I go buy some wine, they then change their mind and settle on TT Chienten. I don't blame X as he is new, English is not his first language and it is very confusing starting this game as level 95,,,,, Even at this early point, I'm wishing I could drink the wine.....

We manage to get a fourth person and go in and open, the fourth leaves prior to getting in, realizing they didn't need it, so I log an alt to get the dam thing started.

I then WC for more and an experienced Crimson member, R joins along with Z and W. We all run to the first boss and kill it, then realizing W wasn't with us at all and start again.

Take 2
My PB friend DC's, the rest of us get to boss 1 again and kill it. NP this time. Everyone except W goes to boss 2, remembering all the others already handed in.....At boss 2, S accidentally walks too close and aggros the boss, which is then held with the S's Herc whilst waiting for W and X to get back.

X dies on some hands and has to come back again. By this time the boss (drummer) Hp starting to get low and I tell S, put your herc away, let R hold aggro and take some DD. By this time the Herc with reflect has got the boss down past half so everyone taking aoe damage waiting for X.

Boss HP really low by now, like 60k and R takes aggro, decides to run boss up the ramp to meet X coming the other way. It seems reasonable and S DC's just as boss dies. Luckily this doesn't matter as no one gets the kill for some reason, maybe because the boss is on the ramp? Dunno.

Take 3. Start again. S leaves, he's had enough. Boss 1 killed again, and Boss 2 finally killed after another 5mins waiting for X to get back after dc'ing again. Everyone hands in while I clear towards 3 - soulbanisher. R catches up and clears the rest of the way and Me, R and W waiting at 3 when X comes in and goes the wrong way and gets killed by hands. Wait again, this time I go back and help X find the way. Soulbanisher dies, total time for BH TT 1-2 - approx. 1hour.b:angry Good Chance R vows never to set paws in BH 9x again lol....

As a side note, my friend X, after dc'ing the first time asks me why his bank is empty after dc'ing - he was getting that 'server error' and sounds like the glitch got him and cleared his bank. He will send in a ticket about his bank, but is close to quitting after another 'friend' fleeced him of a million coins yesterday......which especially pi55es me off as I gave him a million coins to help him on his way in the first place....
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I guess a squad like this now and again reminds you to appreciate the smooth running squads with people that have a decent clue of what the heck they are doing. b:chuckle

P.S. The level up crystal was the worst thing possible for a new player to use.
  • Taikai - Lost City
    Taikai - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As I am a returning player this gave me a chuckle but then horror washed over my mind as I thought about what Warsong and other 100+ instances would be like.. I have yet to squad up for an instance with my reborn seeker... currently level 98.. b:shocked

P.S. getting killed by the clap is so old school lolz
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As I am a returning player this gave me a chuckle but then horror washed over my mind as I thought about what Warsong and other 100+ instances would be like.. I have yet to squad up for an instance with my reborn seeker... currently level 98.. b:shocked

Pray that by the time you reach 100 for those instances, the "pill babies" will have all quit because no one invites nor keeps them in squad. b:laugh
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Pill Babies they might be, but you all act like you had a clue the first time you ran instances. They are still learning, much like you had to once upon a time.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What kind of people are you squadding with? I have had no problems with pill babies, and other then the questions that sound noobish that they ask, nothing horrible happens. Just make sure they know to stay back on certain bosses or not to do certain things on other bosses. They are learning just like you did when you started. They just have a higher *** up rate and starting point.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ...just to clarify, I have no complaints about PB;s....the whole instance failed in a variety of ways due to various people.....
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Pill Babies they might be, but you all act like you had a clue the first time you ran instances. They are still learning, much like you had to once upon a time.

There is a difference between certain pillbabies and normal newbies.

Years ago when players worked up their level towards 100 and joined new instances they had clue of the game mechanics and how to work with others because the "must learn" situation happened early - if you didnt do your BH, you had to grind for hours to reach next level or spend some good money in oracles, later in getting leveled in FC.
    So, you learned in BH 29 and 39 - most players got the squad mechanic basics down in those instances. Next one, BH 51, isn't much more complicated than 39 aside from Wyvern's debuff. BH 59 taught even casters make good tanks. And BH 69... is imo the best instance for learning if you do it unwined, and even wined the last two bosses WILL teach you a lesson.

And remember, people used to do TT 1-2 with 7x squad, not 9x like now. 7x with no TT 70 gears.

Pillbabys will have to experience some more and less challenging instances right away instead of gaining some experience in the easier ones first. Nowadays BH 29, 39 and 51 can be pretty dead but 59 is still commonly done on RT and there people get to learn the squad mechanics - except the pill babies.

Let's take the viewpoint of a newbie pillbaby in the BH 9x.

Some of them might not have all their lvl 80 gearset pieces yet, but most do since most have actually done their culti (at least for the most part) before entering BHs. With good luck they also have their sage/demon culti done but this is not always the case. They do not have much money unless they CS. They have no experience in PWI squads, and thus have not played their character with other players and don't know how it's gong to work exactly.

So, BH 79 is imo easiest out of these. Even unwined, anyone with the basic lvl 80 gearset u get from using book of time is able to tank at least one mob at a time from 79. Mobs do run, but unless you're an idiot and rush ahead or pretend you're the tank you should be fine. Bosses are simple and do not hit too hard. Biggest problem are the poison mobs and there you have to rely on your healer some, but theyre not huge issue either.

BH TT. Mobs are easy, but the instance can be confusing and you will get lost easily. Hands have to be explained or experienced. While chientien is simple, Drummer's AoE can hurt. It can be hard to keep up who is with you at the boss and who is not since the big map wont tell you like in 79 and minimap can be laggy and/or seem like everyone are near you even though they're not. Soulbanisher can also have hard hitting AoE if he takes longer to kill.

BH Eden. Large instance with lot of mobs (less of them if wined) and those mobs HURT. Ranged cactus mobs tend to be quite sneaky and get you before you notice them. Poison mobs that damage you much worse than the ones in 79. Bosses are quite easy, but resistant to some of your elements.

BH Brimstone. Hell on earth. Even wined this instance can be hard, painful and long because there's simply so much mobs. If you do not have a proper puller, things can get chaotic quickly. There's runners, phys and magical mobs, health drain mobs, and the RANGED AOEING HORSES. Their physical damage will bring down casters very quickly.
    It can also be hard for the tank to keep aggro of all the brimstone mobs so cleric and DDs have to be careful with it. Tanking mob damage is not as simple here and even one mob can kill not-so-wellgeared pillbaby easily.

That being said, pillbabies new to game will face some hard times and they have a lot to learn at once. If you're not a fast learner, going the pillbaby route isn't really recommended.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Taikai - Lost City
    Taikai - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well I was in KageBushi and quite frankly I was in charge of our Faction Base Trials (I think the first faction on Lost City to complete trial 9) and one of the first people in the server to get NV3 when it came out. Of course shortly after that Nation War came out and all the hard work running Nirvana and paying 300k for raps only to have them be reduced to fodder mats made me rage quit the game...

Anyways the experience that Pill Babies miss out on is getting decent gear. My seeker had BH (1-2) today and I ran it with other people. It was a little sad but wasn't that bad. I pretty much solo'd the whole thing without a healer, just blood paint and duskblade buff. I wonder what would have happened if my reborn nv3 wasn't there cause all of them didn't exactly have good gears and only one was reborn, a sin less then 5k hp.. I was happy yet sad that none of them got the clap..b:laugh
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

That being said, pillbabies new to game will face some hard times and they have a lot to learn at once. If you're not a fast learner, going the pillbaby route isn't really recommended.

Edited all the rest since I don't really disagree with anything you said. However, while it's true they face a uphill climb, they are still newbies. You all can either dismiss them out of hand or embrace them for the newbies they are and take them by the hand and lead them.
  • bankid1234
    bankid1234 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    BH 59 taught even casters make good tanks.

Which players were taught that? I've always had people who'd rather wait 2 hours for a barb or 101 than have a mage tank it.
  • DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver
    DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    a mil missing isn't something to quit the game over xD

with pb u dun expect them to follow the crowd even u do military trainin with em if u want ur instance to go smooth
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    qq bout dead servers
    qq when ppl join and doom them as PB...

the irony
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    Options
    bankid1234 wrote: »
    Which players were taught that? I've always had people who'd rather wait 2 hours for a barb or 101 than have a mage tank it.

Dunno, many squads on RT gladly took a caster as a tank there.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    a mil missing isn't something to quit the game over xD

Not for players who already have full G16 or better. For players starting out with NO WAY TO MAKE MONEY UNTIL THEY HIT 100 one mil can be quite a hefty sum. The "DQ items become worthless" change hits players without a jolly alt or established BH capable toon or two the hardest. Pillbabies can't do most BH100's themselves (TT being the only exception - TT3-1 isn't all that hard).

Seems the main fault of the OPs squad was a crappy connection on one end, and a failure to communicate on the other. I don't mind helping pillbabies out myself if they act smart. But if you get some form of derping followed by a cryptic message in cyrillic or another character set that exceeds the capabilities of your own keyboard... I tend to ask nicely once to keep to english, then ignore completely.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    bankid1234 wrote: »

Back in 2008, I remember tanking a lot of FB59 for my faction with my wizzard even in TT60/70 gears because it was easier for a cleric to keep me alive with no charm ticks, than our barbs with same gears.
    The magical damage were just easier to deal with. The only problem was that archers had to be more careful not stealing aggro, but at that time people were more careful anyway.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Back in 2008, I remember tanking a lot of FB59 for my faction with my wizzard even in TT60/70 gears because it was easier for a cleric to keep me alive with no charm ticks, than our barbs with same gears.
    The magical damage were just easier to deal with. The only problem was that archers had to be more careful not stealing aggro, but at that time people were more careful anyway.

I did it myself too, but it was few yeas ago.

And I had helped players sometimes, since could do it in pair with my Cleric:
    Zimo tanking (I have screenshots for other bosses of bh/fb59 since got there many molds and Darkness stamps):
    http://i.imgur.com/nY4O6Jx.jpg

My fb79:
    http://i.imgur.com/hTL4gBf.jpg
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I dont have a problem with pillbabies in general, just the ones unwilling to learn. I have one in my fac who asks for advice and info any time she's unsure, and is pretty much always welcome in my squads. Those are the ones that you keep around: just ignore the others.

As an aside, it seems to me that the OP was about a failed BH TT, not a failed pillbaby. I don't know how this thread got to bashing PBs, as the one in OP seems to be mostly unlucky and inexperienced, rather than an awful player.

BH Brimstone. ....the RANGED AOEING HORSES. Their physical damage will bring down casters very quickly.

They also interrupt channeling, including BB. I'd still rather do unwined Brim than unwined Eden.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I dont have a problem with pillbabies in general, just the ones unwilling to learn. I have one in my fac who asks for advice and info any time she's unsure, and is pretty much always welcome in my squads. Those are the ones that you keep around: just ignore the others.

As an aside, it seems to me that the OP was about a failed BH TT, not a failed pillbaby. I don't know how this thread got to bashing PBs, as the one in OP seems to be mostly unlucky and inexperienced, rather than an awful player.

They also interrupt channeling, including BB. I'd still rather do unwined Brim than unwined Eden.

For me it depends of the squad formation but I definitely prefer to pull unwined brim over unwined Eden because for some reason the mobs seem to gather up better.

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Pretty much. I recently joined a FWS squad with 4 toons in tt99. We had 3 water soloers, and two people who couldn't solo.... b:shocked needless to say we made it about 2 minutes into pavs before that was done b:surrender
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Options
    For me it depends of the squad formation but I definitely prefer to pull unwined brim over unwined Eden because for some reason the mobs seem to gather up better.

Eden is full of poison mobs. Stacked poison=NG. b:surrender
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Funny and enraging thing during daily BHs/FSP?

Nope. I solo/duo anything this game has to offer and everything just goes with perfection. Smooth and fast.

dont get me wrong. This is not a brag but to give you guys some kind of goal. Work hard for gears and grab some great friends to be at your side and you are free'ed from the stress that comes with random nubs. Seriously. In former times I had my fair share of failing people. I got enough. farmed my @ss off and am doing anything the way I mentiomed above. Let me tell ya....IT WAS SOOO WORTH IT.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ... good luck duo-ing BH EU Joe b:chuckle

But ye, once you approach endgame with a set of toons with strong synergy (I use BM/Cler myself) you can handle a lot - even if your gear isn't excessive yet.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ... good luck duo-ing BH EU Joe b:chuckle

Easily done if you dont mind risking your neck to multiclient that many times. The only one i would guess would be damn near impossible would be aeu. For the bushes when you dig the crystal LOL.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »

Eden is full of poison mobs. Stacked poison=NG. b:surrender

IF cleric is good then the poison isn't that bad but yeah I admit it gets annoying and hurts a lot.
    Funny and enraging thing during daily BHs/FSP?

Nope. I solo/duo anything this game has to offer and everything just goes with perfection. Smooth and fast.

dont get me wrong. This is not a brag but to give you guys some kind of goal. Work hard for gears and grab some great friends to be at your side and you are free'ed from the stress that comes with random nubs. Seriously. In former times I had my fair share of failing people. I got enough. farmed my @ss off and am doing anything the way I mentiomed above. Let me tell ya....IT WAS SOOO WORTH IT.

The thing is... I'm sure many people could be capable / are capable of soloing/duoing most things but simply would prefer a smooth squad run. Sometimes those happen, sometimes they won't. I can solo or do most instances without relying on other people but I find it quite dull so I will rather squad with people, even if it's for laughs of their failure.