Sky Pirate

Options
2»

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Again, Drake is an extra. It's not like you need to do it or you got major disadvantages.

It doesn't really matter if it's just 1 faction with several groups looking for drake or if there are several random groups looking for it. If a group finds it then they will get in. It is not like you could cheat drake and get him always to a 100%. It's a luck based event. As is anything in this game.

Anyone can grab some friends and send them to search in different areas when drake has spawned with squad signs in their pockets so they can drastically increase their chances of getting in. I know some people and myself too, that have found him alone and did the whole ini alone multiple times.

Again, it is luck based. Anyone got the same chances. It's like you guys would complain about that a 6 man group of people just destroys a single person in PvP (altho there are some other factors counting in then, but you get the point). More people = higher chances. Anyone is free forming a squad for drake. If you don't, well that's your very own problem.

But don't worry, once I hit Astral Sky X with my SB I will stop looking for drake. The stress and the effort needed to get a few extra C-Cards (cause thats all I got outta those A-Packs) is just not worht my time. Like I said, Drake is only the icing on the cake, nothing more. Still you people act like it's a godlike instance.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Again, Drake is an extra. It's not like you need to do it or you got major disadvantages.

It doesn't really matter if it's just 1 faction with several groups looking for drake or if there are several random groups looking for it. If a group finds it then they will get in. It is not like you could cheat drake and get him always to a 100%. It's a luck based event. As is anything in this game.

Anyone can grab some friends and send them to search in different areas when drake has spawned with squad signs in their pockets so they can drastically increase their chances of getting in. I know some people and myself too, that have found him alone and did the whole ini alone multiple times.

Again, it is luck based. Anyone got the same chances. It's like you guys would complain about that a 6 man group of people just destroys a single person in PvP (altho there are some other factors counting in then, but you get the point). More people = higher chances. Anyone is free forming a squad for drake. If you don't, well that's your very own problem.

But don't worry, once I hit Astral Sky X with my SB I will stop looking for drake. The stress and the effort needed to get a few extra C-Cards (cause thats all I got outta those A-Packs) is just not worht my time. Like I said, Drake is only the icing on the cake, nothing more. Still you people act like it's a godlike instance.

Free MP pots, FREE MP POTS! 3k pots per week is pretty much close to insane, Auto-stone set to use Pots at 95% just for the lulz... Amazing <3
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Acting like 10 bloods a day from Drake isn't a ton when you need 300 alone just for all the passives is absurd. Or the 1k vitae at the higher levels of Mirage and Astral.

Seriously, trying to catch up to other people now just on the everything sans gear front is such a stupid long, arduous process filled with half a year's worth of dailies and you still probably won't be caught up by then either. This is part of the reason people quit or decide they don't want to come back and stay after a hiatus. Alleviating this situation by allowing everyone access to Drake once a day would do a lot of good.

And please don't think I'm writing this from the perspective of someone that never gets Drake. My guildies and I find it a lot. It's just that I really don't think this instance should be anywhere near as limited as it currently is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Auto-stone set to use Pots at 95% just for the lulz... Amazing <3
    b:laugh LOL here comes the bit about kids in Africa are starving while the rich waste excess...

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Agreeing with Eoria here. I don't see the point in making the instance so difficult (as in, luck based) to get. It already takes a long time for people to catch up, and let's not even talk about alts.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Acting like 10 bloods a day from Drake isn't a ton when you need 300 alone just for all the passives is absurd. Or the 1k vitae at the higher levels of Mirage and Astral.

Seriously, trying to catch up to other people now just on the everything sans gear front is such a stupid long, arduous process filled with half a year's worth of dailies and you still probably won't be caught up by then either. This is part of the reason people quit or decide they don't want to come back and stay after a hiatus. Alleviating this situation by allowing everyone access to Drake once a day would do a lot of good.

And please don't think I'm writing this from the perspective of someone that never gets Drake. My guildies and I find it a lot. It's just that I really don't think this instance should be anywhere near as limited as it currently is.

Have you ever played another game? Heck...2 of the most popular P2P games out there require several hours of gameplay (yes, boring sht dailies and crappy inis) every day to just be able to keep up with people. You need months to get where you need to be if you wanna be competitive there. Same goes for any other game. PWI isn't allowed to have that stuff and people should be able to 1-Klick to endgame or what? Reborn and the sky Levels have been a perfect way to extend the playability of this game. People need goals and something to do.

If you are serious about playing this game then you will go this long, boring way. As we all did. Drake is no execption. I made my way to Mirage Sky X without huge vitea quest rewards and in month-long daily sht. People that have been playing for a longer time naturally have the edge on new players, heck why is that unfair? Did they not invest far more time than the new ones would need now? Stop devalueing the time and effort veteran players have put into this game. New players have it easy enough as it is today. Don't believe me? Try out any other MMORPG thats currently out there. You will return cause doing PWIs stuff comes with great ease compared to what you need to do on other games. PWI is childsplay and still people complain.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Options

While i agree wholeheartedly I think the result of the expansion was exactly intended: the game is incredibly difficult to finish, you have to either grind the **** out of everything for years, spend a ton of money, be extremely lucky, or all of the above. As sad as it is i don't think it will ever change. They are too busy rolling in dough while youre trying to get your two years of dailies done and cash shopping perfect stones for your drake flyer... b:chuckle

If they can make it nearly impossible for you to achieve completion thats more time they have to earn money off of you. Allowing access to drake would minimize time spent in game which would minimize profit.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you are serious about playing this game then you will go this long, boring way. As we all did. Drake is no execption. I made my way to Mirage Sky X without huge vitea quest rewards and in month-long daily sht. People that have been playing for a longer time naturally have the edge on new players, heck why is that unfair? Did they not invest far more time than the new ones would need now? Stop devalueing the time and effort veteran players have put into this game. New players have it easy enough as it is today. Don't believe me? Try out any other MMORPG thats currently out there. You will return cause doing PWIs stuff comes with great ease compared to what you need to do on other games. PWI is childsplay and still people complain.

If you are not fortunate enough, or geared enough to get in with a large faction to help you with many aspects of this game then you are at a severe disadvantage that no amount of grinding will overcome.

PWI has the ability to help neutralize this problem, and refuses to do so out of sheer inertia and simple greed.

\tell me you achieved all you have factionless, then we can talk
    \\'factionless' does not mean 'I quit after I got all my gear'
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    \tell me you achieved all you have factionless, then we can talk

Yes, i have achieved everything factionless. During my early days i never joined a faction at all. The first factions i joined, i already was G16+7. It were very casual factions where i was helping the other lesser geared people rather than getting help.

Only in the last month of my 2 years of PWI time i joined a competetive faction simply because i wanted to experience a little TW before i quit PWI.

I got to R9+10 with vit stones without cashing a penny and without begging factions to help me.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes, i have achieved everything factionless. During my early days i never joined a faction at all. The first factions i joined, i already was G16+7. It were very casual factions where i was helping the other lesser geared people rather than getting help.

Only in the last month of my 2 years of PWI time i joined a competetive faction simply because i wanted to experience a little TW before i quit PWI.

I got to R9+10 with vit stones without cashing a penny and without begging factions to help me.

Me, too. I never benefited from my faction, it's the opposite. I played this game with my gf and we dou'ed our way up to endgame. Just 2 people with a clue about this game (I wanna note that I could've done it alone as well, as I did the majority of the work anyways, but nvm).

All you need is brain and some effort put. Do you think stuff like that is achieveable by playing a tiny 2 hours a day? No, you play as long as you possibly can with as much efficiency as you possibly can. Like I said, if you wanna achieve something move your *** and put enough effort into it, or cash, or get the hell out of this game OR stop complaining. I highly doubt that there are many people in this game that have put more effort into this game than me. I'm one of the rare specimen that denied merching (means buying from others and reselling, I only sold farmed mats) to gain coins. I farmed each and every coin I ever possesed on this game via ingame mats.

Heck I would go as far as to say that if I'd start over new completely...I would have farmed r9 in at least 4 months. And here's the clue. That's nothing special. Anyone with brains can pull that off, rather easily.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    No, you play as long as you possibly can with as much efficiency as you possibly can.

Hi Joe, quick question, i was wondering during non 2x, do you find any of these instances worth it for making money?

1) Full Delta - 2 hours - 6~14m total
    2) Full WS - 2 hours - 7.5m total (250k/badge)
    3) Lunar - 40 minutes - 1~3m net profit

Or would you recommend doing something different during non 2x? If you don't mind sharing, what instances do you do usually?
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi Joe, quick question, i was wondering during non 2x, do you find any of these instances worth it for making money?

Or would you recommend doing something different during non 2x? If you don't mind sharing, what instances do you do usually?

Huh ^
    What are you doing 2 hours in warsong ?
    You cant solo the defence. Youd need 6 accounts which is illegal to get 7.5m worth of badges out of it. Even if you would solo it, that shouldnt take 2 hours. (pretty sure id do it in less than 1 hour after a little practice if id see much point in soloing it)
    Id say, just do it with squad in 40mins total time for 1.5m in badges + 1m or so from NPCing molds and the chance to sell a dagger mold. Makes indeed about 3.5m per then without any need for illegal things.

I expect Joe to solo lunar in 15 mins per run.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Me, too. I never benefited from my faction, it's the opposite. I played this game with my gf and we dou'ed our way up to endgame. Just 2 people with a clue about this game (I wanna note that I could've done it alone as well, as I did the majority of the work anyways, but nvm).

All you need is brain and some effort put. Do you think stuff like that is achieveable by playing a tiny 2 hours a day? No, you play as long as you possibly can with as much efficiency as you possibly can. Like I said, if you wanna achieve something move your *** and put enough effort into it, or cash, or get the hell out of this game OR stop complaining. I highly doubt that there are many people in this game that have put more effort into this game than me. I'm one of the rare specimen that denied merching (means buying from others and reselling, I only sold farmed mats) to gain coins. I farmed each and every coin I ever possesed on this game via ingame mats.

Heck I would go as far as to say that if I'd start over new completely...I would have farmed r9 in at least 4 months. And here's the clue. That's nothing special. Anyone with brains can pull that off, rather easily.

This is what I really love about you man - no matter how hard you want to encourage people to strive for what they want in this game with persistence and perseverance, you just can't manage to get it out without calling them lazy **** at least once or twice.

That level of commitment is more admirable than any in game achievements.

My hat is off to you.

\and people wonder why new players looking for answers are discouraged by the forums

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This is what I really love about you man - no matter how hard you want to encourage people to strive for what they want in this game with persistence and perseverance, you just can't manage to get it out without calling them lazy **** at least once or twice.

That level of commitment is more admirable than any in game achievements.

My hat is off to you.

\and people wonder why new players looking for answers are discouraged by the forums

I think it has something to do with the forum being filled with this:

`I dont know how to make money, its the games fault, the game sucks, im going to leave !´
    `Everyone who has good gear is a cashshopper, its unfair, the game sucks, im going to leave!`
    `People who claim to make their gear by merching and farming are simply lying, its impossible`
    `Inflation is killing the free player, PWI only cares about the cashshopper, its unfair....
    *PWI fixes inflation*... `they took out DQ points, PWI doesnt care about the free player, its unfair`
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I too made something from nothing. Worship me peasants. b:angry
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    I too made something from nothing. Worship me peasants. b:angry

Indeed muhahahahaha b:laugh

You wish you could be a peasant, you peon !
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Options

Mhm if you could somehow keep all the tome frags and OHT stuffz from delta then ya. Delta is worth it the most especially if you also need some exp on your main or a twink :p

aside of delta I only do Aba for Spirits of defense and stuffs. It's worth the time. Imho warsong, lunar and tt are not worth it during non x2.

And btt: sorry...it might sound harsh and all...but I get the feeling that mlthis is most peoples first MMORPG. If you'd ever played a game called something like Milk Soad online...where you needed to manually grind for hours each and every day...you'd love how tiny the effort you need for PWI is in comparision.

All you need to do in PWI is 1 hour of dailies (at max), 1 hour of farming and a bit of merching and you'll get your endgame stuff sooner or later (The more effort the faster it'll go).
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Mhm if you could somehow keep all the tome frags and OHT stuffz from delta then ya. Delta is worth it the most especially if you also need some exp on your main or a twink :p

aside of delta I only do Aba for Spirits of defense and stuffs. It's worth the time. Imho warsong, lunar and tt are not worth it during non x2.

And btt: sorry...it might sound harsh and all...but I get the feeling that mlthis is most peoples first MMORPG. If you'd ever played a game called something like Milk Soad online...where you needed to manually grind for hours each and every day...you'd love how tiny the effort you need for PWI is in comparision.

All you need to do in PWI is 1 hour of dailies (at max), 1 hour of farming and a bit of merching and you'll get your endgame stuff sooner or later (The more effort the faster it'll go).

That reference... spending MONTHS at low level to farm spirit to have OP skills at endgame... that was hard working indeed... Pwi is easy game xD

Too bad I don't have as much time as when I used to play Milk... >.<
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Some people think this is a myth or has never worked probably due to the fact that only a certain amount of people go looking for it and the majority of people just dont know where to look or what your get.
    So lets start with you get vitae-mp/hp food/bloods now if your alone in a room you can get maybe 12 conch(3 gives 1000 vitae from quest or u can use them 1 at a time for 200)Then there the mp /hp food not sure on those dont get them lol then pearlsx4(2 pearls from quest give 10 blood or 3 if you use just 1) SO all in all you can get 4k vitae and 20 bloods(quest is once a day for the vitae and bloods so you can get the bonus each day or open each one for less).

Now i know that anyone can make a squad and go looking for drake which would be fine if you can get a random squad that actually know where and what there doing but since 99% of the players dont know where to look and what to look for random squad are not a good idea.Some people might not be in a faction or like me in a faction but your the only one in it so getting faction to look for those people are not an option,people in small factions could try but im guessing not many in those know what to do or have fee people online..

Not to say big factions are wrong to farm drake just to have an extra chance to make an A card or to take people who need vitae or bloods but when this drake spawns 4 times a day and most of the time its 1 faction getting into this instance and the only way anyone else can get inside is to get really lucky and have the pirate spawn on you I think maybe its time people try and change there greedy nature and let others who need vitae and bloods have a chance.

Might be same on other servers not sure but on DW 1 faction constantly finds this and most of the time its the same few people getting in just to get an b-a chest some dont actually need anything they just get pots....

So does this also happen on other servers?
    Do you think that this should be a once a day thing but once its killed the portal stays open for 10mins giving people time to find it?
    Is it the right of the biggest faction to just take everything and *** the rest of the server or should they try and lead the way and help people other than themselfs?

protip: Try making 3-4 friends and looking for drake with them b:pleased
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Have you ever played another game? Heck...2 of the most popular P2P games out there require several hours of gameplay (yes, boring sht dailies and crappy inis) every day to just be able to keep up with people. You need months to get where you need to be if you wanna be competitive there. Same goes for any other game. PWI isn't allowed to have that stuff and people should be able to 1-Klick to endgame or what? Reborn and the sky Levels have been a perfect way to extend the playability of this game. People need goals and something to do.

I respectfully disagree with you. Drake cuts down time a lot. Consider, you get 2 bloods a day from dailies, 5 bloods from UCH. (7 from UCH if you stacked them from a previous day), while Drake gives 10 blood each time. That makes a huge difference, and it is the greatest source of Primordial blood in the game, bar none. It also has other benefits as well. I'm not whining that other factions got the blood from Drake, and I've never even seen him. I'm finished with my sky level, blood collection, etc. I do say that there is a huge mountain for anyone new to climb, and that to make that instance fair, make it equal for all. Eoria's suggestion is a great one. A npc to port you in once per day once you reach a valid sky level would be extremely useful.

I've been playing the game now long enough to be considered a veteran, not as long as others, but still longer than most. I invested time and effort to get to where I am, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to see some things revamped to make it easier for those coming up.

Newer players also do NOT have it easier today. Consider this....

Nobody runs TT squads for gear anymore.
    Nobody runs Lunar squads for gear anymore.
    Either of these are a prerequisite of G16...the usual gear today.
    Warsong is harder....and it's the dungeon to farm G16 molds.
    FC is gone. (Double edged sword, but many people did use it to level through 80-100.) *Not QQ'ing about it.*

DQ drops are 1 coin, and most drop values are greatly nerfed.

Players must get time consuming meridian.

Players must get time consuming Morai Skills.

Players must get time consuming Primal Skills, and Primal Passives.

Players must get the titles...which take time.

Players must get the gear, shards, refines, etc to be able to compete....even moreso for pvp.

Players must do 2 rebirths, and earn Astral Sky 10.

Players are on a steep uphill battle when they're new to the game. Sure, some things are easier, but let's be real. This game caters towards endgame, not beginner game, nor really midgame. It used to be once you were 100, you were endgame....now, once you're 100 for the first time, you're pretty much just starting midgame.

Just saying, it's not as peachy for new players as it seems....especially ones that have no clue of the ropes...
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OP what a load of sh!te. I am in a little faction and we get drake a few times a week, you actually have to go looking for it and you have to have a bit of luck.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OP what a load of sh!te. I am in a little faction and we get drake a few times a week, you actually have to go looking for it and you have to have a bit of luck.

Some people just dont get the point do they nor do they read ......I NEVER SAID that little factions dont get drake and getting drake 3 times a week when it spawns 21 whoopy gratz want a cookie?

Theres only a few others that look for it since we all know these People will find it 90% of the time so as you can imagine not many want to waste there time waiting around for it to spawn for such a low chance to get inside ....i still look because yes i might get lucky.
    Having it as a daily for all at a certain lvl and astral lvl 1 would make it better so that theses people (on DW) dont own it.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I respectfully disagree with you. Drake cuts down time a lot. Consider, you get 2 bloods a day from dailies, 5 bloods from UCH. (7 from UCH if you stacked them from a previous day), while Drake gives 10 blood each time.
    10? If you're quick enough and focus the mobs first, easy enough to get 20...
    Newer players also do NOT have it easier today. Consider this....

Nobody runs TT squads for gear anymore.
    Nobody runs Lunar squads for gear anymore.
    Either of these are a prerequisite of G16...the usual gear today.
    Warsong is harder....and it's the dungeon to farm G16 molds.
    All of these are fully doable in G15 or less. Heck, my BM's still only in partial G15/G16... After RB1 and getting your defense passive to level 2 or 3, you're resilient enough to run such dungeons. Maybe not solo - but that's what factions are for.
    FC is gone. (Double edged sword, but many people did use it to level through 80-100.) *Not QQ'ing about it.*
    Yea, instead we have a relatively easy solo quest between lvls 80 and 100 that gives a crapton of XP daily. The only peeps who should be whining about FC's demise are those who sold bigroom nonstop...

Players must get time consuming meridian.
    Players must get time consuming Morai Skills.
    Players must get time consuming Primal Skills, and Primal Passives.
    Players must get the titles...which take time.
    Players must do 2 rebirths, and earn Astral Sky 10.
    How is this different from what any player has had to do in the past? I've got 3 toons at astral 10 now, a 4th on the way. Morai skills, same way - and I also got vacuity and sage/demon skills from Morai. Are you saying new players (or alts) should just get these skills and bonuses immediately?
    DQ drops are 1 coin, and most drop values are greatly nerfed.
    Players must get the gear, shards, refines, etc to be able to compete....even moreso for pvp.
    Gold prices have also gone down. I'll grant you that it takes a hellishly long time to farm even basic PvP gear... heck, I'm up to 2 years and am just now getting to my first R9 toon. Fast track to PvP means pull your wallet, simple as that... Otherwise, you'll be looking at several months worth of dailies at least.
    Players are on a steep uphill battle when they're new to the game. Sure, some things are easier, but let's be real. This game caters towards endgame, not beginner game, nor really midgame. It used to be once you were 100, you were endgame....now, once you're 100 for the first time, you're pretty much just starting midgame. Just saying, it's not as peachy for new players as it seems....especially ones that have no clue of the ropes...
    Mainly applies to pillbabies. If you get bumped to level 95 without getting coin and gear from quests, and without a clue on the various skills of your toon, then yea, you'll end up not knowing what you're doing and not having the stuff you need to start learning and earning. Worse yet, you have to almost complete culti to rebirth... For absolute new players, it's better to start at level 1 and just play the game. The quests will gradually level you, give you cash for skills and teach you about your toon.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yea, instead we have a relatively easy solo quest between lvls 80 and 100 that gives a crapton of XP daily. The only peeps who should be whining about FC's demise are those who sold bigroom nonstop...

What quest are you refering to? o.o I've been spamming PV for so long on all alts that I kinda lost what you mean here... New quest? o.o
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    10? If you're quick enough and focus the mobs first, easy enough to get 20...

News to me. All the more reason why I feel it should designed in a more fair and balanced fashion.

All of these are fully doable in G15 or less. Heck, my BM's still only in partial G15/G16... After RB1 and getting your defense passive to level 2 or 3, you're resilient enough to run such dungeons. Maybe not solo - but that's what factions are for.

Agreed. I farmed my G16 in WS when wearing full G15, and was able to solo pavilions. Also, even though this is a MMO, there are some players that prefer not to be in a faction. Another factor that I'm pointing out is that with squads for TT runs not being as often, and the cost to buy anything ranging in the millions, a newer player can find themselves having a hard time making coin and having fun...pillbaby or not. Thing is earning their G15 is a tough stage for many.

I don't know anything about the quest chain, and I did make the disclaimer that I'm not whining about FC being gone. I'm not a FC salesman either. I'm merely stating that many of us used FC to level during the phases where leveling was a bit steeper, and the newer ones don't have that advantage.

How is this different from what any player has had to do in the past? I've got 3 toons at astral 10 now, a 4th on the way. Morai skills, same way - and I also got vacuity and sage/demon skills from Morai. Are you saying new players (or alts) should just get these skills and bonuses immediately?

No. I never made that statement. I'm saying that for a new player to the game, that's a mountain in front of them. For us, we got to level 100, and were working on our sage/demon/celestial skills. Then Morai came out...Cool...let's work on that as our next goal....let's level meridans as it came out....lets work on primals when it came out...most of us were already at a competitive phase to be able to do this, or at least had a toon that was. What I'm saying is that for someone brand new to the game,...that is a lot to accomplish just to be competitive with the average person....people who aren't even R9. And if they want to PvP, then that climb is even more substantial. For us vets, it's easier. We know the ropes, and have some ideas of going about it. For people brand new, it's tough, and discouraging, and I've seen many new players quit due to the level of the climb combined with the lack of coins. Sure, I want new players to earn their gear and skills...just as I did. I'm saying that the climb to do so can seem monumental, when we're talking about several months just to earn skills....that's after they get to 95 too.

Gold prices have also gone down. I'll grant you that it takes a hellishly long time to farm even basic PvP gear... heck, I'm up to 2 years and am just now getting to my first R9 toon. Fast track to PvP means pull your wallet, simple as that... Otherwise, you'll be looking at several months worth of dailies at least.

And that's a big reason people quit. The time taken to get to competitive level compared to other games. I'm glad the gold prices went down. I'm not saying that the DQ nerf was without merit, and had no benefit. I'm just saying that new players find themselves suffering with no real income coming in...not even from drops.

Mainly applies to pillbabies. If you get bumped to level 95 without getting coin and gear from quests, and without a clue on the various skills of your toon, then yea, you'll end up not knowing what you're doing and not having the stuff you need to start learning and earning. Worse yet, you have to almost complete culti to rebirth... For absolute new players, it's better to start at level 1 and just play the game. The quests will gradually level you, give you cash for skills and teach you about your toon.

Not arguing the pillbaby vs non-pillbaby debate. Just saying that both do have a mountain ahead of them to climb if they want to be competitive, geared enough to be more of an asset in dungeons, and be more capable. Of course, starting at 1 will help these players more. However, the players still don't get a lot of coin. (Not including Jolly Jones really, as a lot of new players actually don't do it, or even know about it....and even fewer have time to do it.)

I agree with not handing new players everything that we worked for and earned on a silver platter. I'm not saying "Oh, hey...there's someone new...give them everything we have!!" I'm just saying that their climb to get to where we are is huge and monumental. Imagine not knowing a thing about a MMO game, or knowing only what you may have read on the forums and reviews...then going to try that MMO for the first time, knowing nothing...and having nothing....just a pure baby toon. You join the game, and find out that you're getting nothing for drops....okay...maybe the value will increase as you level....you level, but the value never increases....drops aren't even worth picking up....but the repair bill is still hitting your measly pockets. The cost of skills and new gear is still hitting you. You choose to level further. You check the catshops, and the auction house...everything is millions.....you only have 38,159 coins, and your repair bill is calling again. Experience is also slowing to a halt. You're discouraged. You can't gain much coin. You're having leveling issues. You find out that it'll take your months to get Morai skills, Months to get primals, months to get full G16 sharded and refined, and you're dirt poor. This type of player is a prime example of a player that wants to compete, but is discouraged, and so leaves the game. I'v e seen many players that have done that over the months.

But back to the original reason, I feel that Sky Pirate Drake should be designed in a method that is more fair for all members of PWI society to actively engage in it....faction member or not. This way, it will help them to maximize their capabilities, and expedite the overall primal process in a manner that is more fair and usable by all.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just adding some fire here xD

If you get to find drake 3 times a day thats:

12x Pearls or 24x Pearls during x2 which leads to either 40 Bloods or 76 Bloods, daily.

People tend to forget that you can just consume a pearl for 3 Bloods.

So 2x = 10 Bloods via quest and the rest is consumed.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I gave up on drake soon after it was released.

Very hard to solo compete with entire guilds hunting it. Harder to keep the reawakened toons online all the time to be ready for it in case some friend remotely remembers me. I could go to one of those guilds, but I'm very comfortable where I am.

Something like the Zuh Que event would be more accessible to the loners willing to obtain more blood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming