Item Price Going Down

Options
gohantthealmight
gohantthealmight Posts: 61 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
I been playing Perfect World for some time now and I been realizing that the prices for Items drops such as DQ Item prices has drop to 1 coin. What is the purpose of having the items price go down for all the items that people collect to make ingame money? Some of us enjoy playing the game but would not like to waste real money in it, because of this item issue i have seen people quit and play other games where money advantage is not a problem. I would like to discuss about this topic for it not to become a permanent change in the game.

Thank You for the responding.
Post edited by gohantthealmight on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I been playing Perfect World for some time now and I been realizing that the prices for Items drops such as DQ Item prices has drop to 1 coin. What is the purpose of having the items price go down for all the items that people collect to make ingame money? Some of us enjoy playing the game but would not like to waste real money in it, because of this item issue i have seen people quit and play other games where money advantage is not a problem. I would like to discuss about this topic for it not to become a permanent change in the game.

Thank You for the responding.

You may have also noticed that the prices of things like gold and pack items (only obtained through use of gold) have steadily gone up throughout the years.
    The prices on things like DQ items and equipment have been lowered to combat this issue.

Let me explain:

Every single week, all owned TW lands give 15,000,000 coins or more in addition to a large some or Mirage Celestones (NPC-able for 10,000 coins each) to the faction which controls that land.

Every single MOB that dies throughout the game, often hundreds by the minute, will usually drop something or other of a small coin value. Many events and quests in the game also give us small rewards of small value when NPCd.

Right now, that coin does not have a lot of places to go, so it just keeps coming into existence.

Here are some examples of what I mean:

We spend our coin on HP charms, where do we get those? 2 ways.
    1.) We spend gold, and this does not eliminate any coin on the server.
    2.) We buy them from somebody else, and the coin is still not eliminated it is just given to another player.

We spend our coin on Rank 9 items.
    If we don't buy our R9 mats (chips, GST, etc) with gold, we buy it from other players. This just sends the coin from one player to another, eliminates none of it.

We spend our coin on tokens for Pots, Oracles, Skills whatever.
    The tokens are purchased from other players who bought them with gold.
    This does not eliminate any coin either, just transfers it from player to player.

Point being, most of the ways we spend our coin is by trading it to other players, not actually eliminating it from the game the way it would be if we were purchasing things directly from NPCs.

Because of this, more and more coin keeps getting produced and because there is more of it, it is worth less. This is what causes inflation.
    This is why gold prices are so high as well as everything that can be obtained through packs/cash-shop means. This is why things are so expensive because too many coins exist.

In order for things to go back to reasonable prices we need to eliminate this huge surplus of coins from the server.

This has to be done in 2 ways:

1.) Making it so that the huge influx of coins is less
    --- lower price on DQ items
    --- reduce botting time
    --- reduce armor drop prices

2.) Create more ways for coins to be eliminated
    --- forges with coin costs
    --- taxes on buying/selling gold
    --- more useful items for sale at NPCs

I hope this helped you understand b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gohantthealmight
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You may have also noticed that the prices of things like gold and pack items (only obtained through use of gold) have steadily gone up throughout the years.
    The prices on things like DQ items and equipment have been lowered to combat this issue.

Let me explain:

Every single week, all owned TW lands give 15,000,000 coins or more in addition to a large some or Mirage Celestones (NPC-able for 10,000 coins each) to the faction which controls that land.

Every single MOB that dies throughout the game, often hundreds by the minute, will usually drop something or other of a small coin value. Many events and quests in the game also give us small rewards of small value when NPCd.

Right now, that coin does not have a lot of places to go, so it just keeps coming into existence.

2.) We buy them from somebody else, and the coin is still not eliminated it is just given to another player.

If we don't buy our R9 mats (chips, GST, etc) with gold, we buy it from other players. This just sends the coin from one player to another, eliminates none of it.

This does not eliminate any coin either, just transfers it from player to player.

Point being, most of the ways we spend our coin is by trading it to other players, not actually eliminating it from the game the way it would be if we were purchasing things directly from NPCs.

Because of this, more and more coin keeps getting produced and because there is more of it, it is worth less. This is what causes inflation.
    This is why gold prices are so high as well as everything that can be obtained through packs/cash-shop means. This is why things are so expensive because too many coins exist.

In order for things to go back to reasonable prices we need to eliminate this huge surplus of coins from the server.

--- reduce botting time

Due to the issue of simple things like DQ items and such at least allow people to gain a bit of interest in the game. The cause of having gold prices and things you would buy in the Boutique with the gold gone up is simply an excuse to make people waste money in the game. While we lose money PWE gains even more money, this is the reason many of the people i have played with has quit and the reason i am sending this for future references. Myself including a few other players have talked about finding a game we could play together that does not include people having a big advantage for simply finding the easy way through the game and spending their money. We have manage to stay since it may not be simple to keep up with money value but we have worked together. I am just simply stating that many people would and have quit for anything as simple as not being able to by not wasting real money to keep up.
  • gohantthealmight
    edited February 2015
    Options
    In the past few years when Perfect World started prices were simple such as Gold cost and Item drops with regular prices. Gold keep getting expensive while Items became useless. How are we going to be able to get the money needed for anything if Items and Armor drop are useless and every in game item for higher levels became overly expensive.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    In the past few years when Perfect World started prices were simple such as Gold cost and Item drops with regular prices. Gold keep getting expensive while Items became useless. How are we going to be able to get the money needed for anything if Items and Armor drop are useless and every in game item for higher levels became overly expensive.

Put your mind to work and you will find a way to make money.

Make Jolly toons and get easy money
    Farm TT
    Farm FSP
    Farm Delta
    Farm Lunar
    Farm FWS.
    Farm mats in world map.
    Farm herbs, increase your apothecary skills. then farm herbs again and make potions and charms you can sell.
    DO NW and make rapture, cannies, SOW and other things you can sell.

Item prices and DQ price drop was a good thing.
    before expansion gold was 3,9mil with only 1 or 2 player selling 3-4 gold in AH.
    now gold is 2.8mil max price.
    giphy.gif

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    before expansion gold was 3,9mil with only 1 or 2 player selling 3-4 gold in AH.

^ This.

During the time people could make a lot of money with botting, gold kept going up and up to the point that people could no longer buy gold through the AH. While this varied from server to server, Sanctuary was stuck at over 2k+ bids. It lead to the point where people would buy & sell gold through the world chat for even as much as 5mil.

On the other hand, PvP servers where bots were just killed, didn't have such an issue and their gold was at a steady price of 2.5mil-2.8mil (correct me if I'm wrong). Ever since botting-for-coin was killed off (it's still useful for EXP), gold prices and some item prices had dropped on my server. Gold is now 2.6mil-3.6mil (depending on sales), Token prices dropped (from 31k or more to even 22k at some point).

We still have a lot of coin being generated though (such as BHs) and a lot of coins from the botting that hasn't been eliminated yet. Hopefully they won't further nerf the ways of making coins but instead they'll introduce more coin sinks.

As far as catching up with people... if you want to PvP then yes, it requires a lot of time farming/merchanting or money if you can afford either. If you only want to PvE though, you can play the game without spending money or a lot of time and effort.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • gohantthealmight
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Put your mind to work and you will find a way to make money.

Make Jolly toons and get easy money
    Farm TT
    Farm FSP
    Farm Delta
    Farm Lunar
    Farm FWS.
    Farm mats in world map.
    Farm herbs, increase your apothecary skills. then farm herbs again and make potions and charms you can sell.
    DO NW and make rapture, cannies, SOW and other things you can sell.

As you do know we are from different servers, and for that our situations are different based on how people run the servers.

As for the list of things you have mention:
    Jolly is useless after lvl 80.
    TT farming you need gear, which cost money $$
    Delta you would need gear or get the boot out the squad also need to be high lvl.
    Lunar you would still need gear or even a better weapon to land good hits on mobs/bosses.
    Full Warsong you need to be lvl 100 with good gear to solo pav and or kill mobs and boss or else you would still get the boot out the squad.

Mats around the world this is why i brought up this topic because you cant auto do auto cultivation and get good money out of it, the best you would get is less then 100k.
    Also people such as myself dont like to be running around finding plants and spending the whole day just to make a few ks' not even mils'.

Also in my server i have seen people try an sell Gold for about 3-5mil which is still the same price as it was, why make money harder to get and useful things even worse to get? That is why i was told to bring up this topic. I have seen and i can conclude that the people that are or will be posting in here are higher levels then the rest of us meaning leaders of factions, and such. So it seems like many already use real money to gain advantages over any other player.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As you do know we are from different servers, and for that our situations are different based on how people run the servers.

Delta you would need gear or get the boot out the squad also need to be high lvl.
    Lunar you would still need gear or even a better weapon to land good hits on mobs/bosses.
    Full Warsong you need to be lvl 100 with good gear to solo pav and or kill mobs and boss or else you would still get the boot out the squad.

Mats around the world this is why i brought up this topic because you cant auto do auto cultivation and get good money out of it, the best you would get is less then 100k.
    Also people such as myself dont like to be running around finding plants and spending the whole day just to make a few ks' not even mils'.

Also in my server i have seen people try an sell Gold for about 3-5mil which is still the same price as it was, why make money harder to get and useful things even worse to get? That is why i was told to bring up this topic. I have seen and i can conclude that the people that are or will be posting in here are higher levels then the rest of us meaning leaders of factions, and such. So it seems like many already use real money to gain advantages over any other player.

Jolly is far from useless. Keep three alts in the level range necessary for doing the Jolly quests. no need to level them further, and its free coins. And in a matter of a month or two you could be well on your way to having full T3.

But from what I am reading, you just have this lazy streak. Don't want to farm, don't want to have Jolly Old Jones alts at the ready to make coin. You just want the auto cultivation back with DQ being worth coin. If you are a free to play player then you are going to have to put some time into farming. Boring yes, but necessary. Farm mats in lower level TT, start off slow, gain over time. Otherwise, you are going to have to spend real money, which is definitely an advantage over those that can't or won't spend the money. There is no Zippity-do-dah overnight T3 or R9 route if you free to play. Thats just the way it is.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Also in my server i have seen people try an sell Gold for about 3-5mil which is still the same price as it was...
    That's most likely because of what I wrote in my previous post:

"We still have a lot of coin being generated though (such as BHs) and a lot of coins from the botting that hasn't been eliminated yet. Hopefully they won't further nerf the ways of making coins but instead they'll introduce more coin sinks."

I'm not happy with them nerfing or taking out ways of making coin, but the DQ/Botting nerf was really needed. The economy has already improved ever since it happened. Like I said, I just hope to see some coin sinks in the future instead of further coin-generating nerfs.
    When people suggest JJ quests, they mean that you keep those alts in that level range. You're not supposed to level them beyond that.

That's false. Here is a video of a lvl94 non-rebirth Venomancer defending Fire with level 7x mold gear. It may not apply to all classes/pavilions but it's a good example of not needing "really good gear" to defend.

Bosses are harder yes, but I think people have forgotten how to use their skills and brain to do things, because most people just faceroll the instances with R9. Even worse, there's even R9 people that have died while defending!

TT & Lunar are a similar case. If you don't have the gear to solo, try looking for a farming partner. Perhaps try joining an active faction that does runs on a regular basis? Afterwards you can work on getting some gear that would allow you to solo. Honestly though, finding some farming partners is the best thing. Even if I'm capable of soloing things, I still prefer farming with a friend or two when I do.

So it seems like many already use real money to gain advantages over any other player.

You also have to consider long-time players who have been around for ages. They've had enough time to farm/merchant and accumulate coin to gear up their toons. This happens to most MMOs though, but some of them can handle it in better ways. PWI's pretty bad about it, with all the dailies that forces you to take a long time to catch up be default, due to the once-a-day quests.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Herb farmer make a mil or two an hour, when they get a set route that hits the good herbs. Took them a bit to get it down, but that's plenty of money to be had.

Merchanting is a great source of income, just requires a little intelligence and enough coin to buy one gold from AH. After that, it just keeps accruing. At the moment, I'm making 5-10 mil a day using less than 10 gold worth in merchandise. It's not like you need to be daddy warbucks to merchant well.

Delta just requires people not to be stupid in their gear selection. It is ridiculous watching people think citrine sharding is great for tricking people into thinking they have good gear, and then get one shot over and over by the bosses. Don't be lazy, get morai armor or better, and shard it with G8 or better garnets. You can even use the morai quest weapon for decent damage output. Delta doesn't have steep requirements, it's just so many are awful that they won't get invited again afterwards.

If they remove talismans, the mid-grade mats will likely go up from the G16 factories requiring ulti substances and not being able to get them for cheap from BH spam. Will be another nerf, but one that helps new players; the not lazy ones anyways.

TT farming, depends on which one. Doing solo runs in single player makes it much easier to farm certain bosses, and doesn't have as high a cost to do it. That's how I farmed all my forshura arms, since the whole run didn't take long. And doing it now while ulti subs are cheap, would maximize profit. But most just whine it doesn't give as many drops as squad mode, and focus on how much they aren't making, instead of looking at how much they can make. Despite being able to farm profitably in single player to get the gear to do more profitable squad mode runs.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    Options
    when Perfect World started prices were simple such as Gold cost and Item drops with regular prices. Gold keep getting expensive while Items became useless. How are we going to be able to get the money needed for anything if Items and Armor drop are useless and every in game item for higher levels became overly expensive.

You should re-read what I said.
    The reason that prices on gold is going up and items are becoming useless is because there is too much coin on the server.

We need to slow the creation of coins so there are less on the server.

When there is less coin, coin is worth more.

Which means that gold prices will go down and gold related items will become cheaper and it will be easier for people to catch up.

You have it backwards,
    more coins from items will continue to make things harder for you to get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have seen and i can conclude that the people that are or will be posting in here are higher levels then the rest of us meaning leaders of factions, and such. So it seems like many already use real money to gain advantages over any other player.

That is not completely true. And thats not the point here.

When this expansion started I also started my SB on a new server with 0 high lvl toons to farm money for my SB and 0 ppl that I knew.
    I also made some JOJ alts. 3 on 3 different acounts and lvl them up till lvl 71.
    Believe it or not now I got 105 mil from them and I could have more but I used money from one of them to increase my skill, to buy mats and increase my crafting skills and to buy a +10 magic tome.
    b:bye
    giphy.gif

• gohantthealmight
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Jolly is far from useless. Keep three alts in the level range necessary for doing the Jolly quests. no need to level them further, and its free coins. And in a matter of a month or two you could be well on your way to having full T3.

But from what I am reading, you just have this lazy streak. Don't want to farm, don't want to have Jolly Old Jones alts at the ready to make coin. You just want the auto cultivation back with DQ being worth coin. If you are a free to play player then you are going to have to put some time into farming. Boring yes, but necessary. Farm mats in lower level TT, start off slow, gain over time. Otherwise, you are going to have to spend real money, which is definitely an advantage over those that can't or won't spend the money. There is no Zippity-do-dah overnight T3 or R9 route if you free to play. Thats just the way it is.

Trust me not many like to have a chain of alts and have to do the same quest over 50 times a day just to get the money. It gets boring which leads to people losing interest. I also do not like to have alts that to do the same quest over and over. The point of this is so people dont have to do the obvious over and over and not lose interest in the game so easily. Even i have quit playing for some time but came back due to finding new ways of entertaining myself along with a group of friends, as a faction or just simply a squad. So as i make my point, people lose interest in the game if you have to do Jolly over 50 times a day just to get that 1 thing u need, adding to that the amount of time and money spent for your alts to get to a level range of 70-80 just for Jolly.

-Im even color coding the points im trying to bring up.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options

Trust me not many like to have a chain of alts and have to do the same quest over 50 times a day just to get the money. It gets boring which leads to people losing interest. I also do not like to have alts that to do the same quest over and over. The point of this is so people dont have to do the obvious over and over and not lose interest in the game so easily. Even i have quit playing for some time but came back due to finding new ways of entertaining myself along with a group of friends, as a faction or just simply a squad. So as i make my point, people lose interest in the game if you have to do Jolly over 50 times a day just to get that 1 thing u need, adding to that the amount of time and money spent for your alts to get to a level range of 70-80 just for Jolly.

-Im even color coding the points im trying to bring up.

I know the perfect game for you to play:

TETRIS.

Seriously now you wont find a good MMORPG were you wont have to work to get a good high lvl gear.

And NO you dont have to do Jolly 50 times per day.
    It takes maximum 2hours to do JOJ on the 3 lvl71 toons.

But its clearly now that you dont want to work, you dont want or dont have money to cash.
    You just want everything to drop from above.
    giphy.gif

• gohantthealmight
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I know the perfect game for you to play:

TETRIS.

Seriously now you wont find a good MMORPG were you wont have to work to get a good high lvl gear.

And NO you dont have to do Jolly 50 times per day.
    It takes maximum 2hours to do JOJ on the 3 lvl71 toons.

But its clearly now that you dont want to work, you dont want or dont have money to cash.
    You just want everything to drop from above.

Please be more respectful of commenting when talking to or about others.

Clearly what you dont understand is that even though Jolly will get you a limited of 800k per character at a level range of 71-80. This i can easily gain by leaving auto-culti over night and collect about 2mil-5mil every night for about an hour or two. Is not a matter of working or not, because i been working hard enough to gain the level i have and the Gear me and my friend have. So saying im not working hard enough is just a pity excuse. The game have changed so much since the first day i started playing, this include giving free levels to players and having every money drop. If Jolly is the only way you can actually gain the money you would need for higher levels then this game is just about right around the corner from losing many players who get bored of doing the same things. This game is meant for entertainment, if it loses a drive for people to play it will only keep losing people.

As a matter of fact the only reason i created this is to talk about why this is being done and the effect it has on players (doesnt have to be all players) since many already waste their money in this game.

Thank You for the responses and Hope everyone here has a great day and Have Fun b:bye
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Please be more respectful of commenting when talking to or about others.

Clearly what you dont understand is that even though Jolly will get you a limited of 800k per character at a level range of 71-80. This i can easily gain by leaving auto-culti over night and collect about 2mil-5mil every night for about an hour or two. Is not a matter of working or not, because i been working hard enough to gain the level i have and the Gear me and my friend have. So saying im not working hard enough is just a pity excuse. The game have changed so much since the first day i started playing, this include giving free levels to players and having every money drop. If Jolly is the only way you can actually gain the money you would need for higher levels then this game is just about right around the corner from losing many players who get bored of doing the same things. This game is meant for entertainment, if it loses a drive for people to play it will only keep losing people.

As a matter of fact the only reason i created this is to talk about why this is being done and the effect it has on players (doesnt have to be all players) since many already waste their money in this game.

Thank You for the responses and Hope everyone here has a great day and Have Fun b:bye

I am sorry but auto cultivate over night or day or whenever you have programed your toon to kill mobs and colect drops is not hard working. Its ruining the economy. Its making hard for F2P player to obtain R9 gear. Actually its make hard for F2P players to obtain a lot of things.
    And no one said JOJ is the only way you can make money.
    I said to you :
    Farm FSP
    Farm TT
    Farm Delta
    Farm Lunar
    Farm FWS

But wait you already rejected those. You rejected them because thats hard working not the autocultivation thing you want to do but you cannot anymore since the price of DQ and item has droped and you cannot make 2-5 mil over night anymore.
    Dont get me wrong. I did auto cultivate once in a while to obtain some money I needed but I knew that somohow in a small procent i was contributing on destroying the economy.
    The problem with auto cultivation was that people started abusing it.
    The big problem Was not that player thatused his T2 toon to obtain 2-3 milions over night.
    The real problem were those that used the R9rr+12 toons to obtain huge amount of money. Those that botted with 10 chars in same time, making over 1bilion coins per weak. Those made gold 4milion and removed it from AH. Making it 5 milions cause that was the price of gold sold by players out of AH.

But lets get back to JOJ quests
    JOJ is not the only option to obtain money.
    Will be a starter way for new player, player that moved on a new server or old player that camed back and he delated his old toon when he first left.
    You need 2 acounts with 1toon lvl51. 1 toon lvl61 and 1 toon lvl71 on each.
    That will make you 3,9milions per day
    In a weak will be 27milions.
    In a month over 100milions
    In 2 month 200milions.
    Good enough to T2 your toon and refine it your toon to a +5 and start farming FWS, Lunar, TT, Delta with your friends.
    And in the time you can continue with JOJ to make money.

If auto cultivating was the only option to make money in the game until New Horizon when the system was introduced no one that is a F2P player would have had r9rr gear before that.
    giphy.gif

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Let me explain:

--- reduce botting time

Everytime someone buys gold from ah 2% extra is taken and goes to fees. Fees are a coin sink. So if you bought HP charm with gold bought from AH either directly or through a merchant, coin does leave the server. Any item bought with AH gold does in fact attach a coin sink. Maybe all you have done is charge gold, I don't know. But in that case PWI also charges 2% gold fee for gold sellers. Personally I think the gold fee is ridiculous but has reason to a point. It discourages people from buying gold lower and selling higher, which OFC has more fees.

None of the changes made to DQ or drop value has anything to do with PWI and everything to do with combating 3rd party gold seller bots in PWCN.

I don't get the whole argument about coins losing value that some people put out there. The problem is everything you need comes from gold purchases. More important to the economy is circulation of coins and a stable supply of said coins and gold available via AH.

Just an FYI tokens of luck are pure gold item but same rules apply to them. If said player purchased packs with AH gold, fees are applied.

I also see a lot of people in this thread confusing coin generation with making money. Good luck merching when the little people are starving. It's those grinders who:
    Bought your FSP
    Bought your TT
    Bought your Delta (gems mats or chi stone)
    Bought your Lunar
    Bought your FWS (badges, eqips)

Before our auto culti system we still grinded out coins. Many of them.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Everytime someone buys gold from ah 2% extra is taken and goes to fees. Fees are a coin sink. So if you bought HP charm with gold bought from AH either directly or through a merchant, coin does leave the server. Any item bought with AH gold does in fact attach a coin sink. Maybe all you have done is charge gold, I don't know. But in that case PWI also charges 2% gold fee for gold sellers. Personally I think the gold fee is ridiculous but has reason to a point. It discourages people from buying gold lower and selling higher, which OFC has more fees.

None of the changes made to DQ or drop value has anything to do with PWI and everything to do with combating 3rd party gold seller bots in PWCN.

I don't get the whole argument about coins losing value that some people put out there.
    The problem is everything you need comes from gold purchases. More important to the economy is circulation of coins and a stable supply of said coins and gold available via AH.

Just an FYI tokens of luck are pure gold item but same rules apply to them. If said player purchased packs with AH gold, fees are applied.

I also see a lot of people in this thread confusing coin generation with making money. Good luck merching when the little people are starving. It's those grinders who:
    Bought your FSP
    Bought your TT
    Bought your Delta (gems mats or chi stone)
    Bought your Lunar
    Bought your FWS (badges, eqips)

Before our auto culti system we still grinded out coins. Many of them.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp. The more common something is the less value it has. If gold was as common as iron in the real world do you think it would be worth $1000+ an ounce? Or if diamonds were as common as the silicates which make glass do you think people would be paying $1000+ plus for each one cut?

I've been stating and will continue to state that I believe coin generation hasn't been the problem. Coin generation offers freedom for the F2P people to get what they want and need from the environment even if it is a much slower process than the cash shop. The real problem as Kniraven stated is a lack of a decent coin sink for players lvl 8x+. The vast majority of coin is being hoarded by end game people. There just isn't any motivation or valid method or reason for end game players to NPC the coin out of the system. So it continues to accumulate. Just more slowly than before but it continues to accumulate. The new race and classes are temporarily buffering the coin generated from the environment but there will be a point at which saturation will once again occur unless we start getting tons of new players.

We need a real coin sink for end game people. I still think the best option for that would be to have Duke Blacke raffle or auction off rare end game items such as Vit stones or JSOD or even scrolls of tome for coin. This would sink out coin and increase its value in a hurry. And I believe people would be more apt to charge gold and trade for coin in the AH if they knew they had better chances of getting some high end end game **** from the environment with coin than from packs.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's not a difficult concept to grasp. The more common something is the less value it has. If gold was as common as iron in the real world do you think it would be worth $1000+ an ounce? Or if diamonds were as common as the silicates which make glass do you think people would be paying $1000+ plus for each one cut?

I've been stating and will continue to state that I believe coin generation hasn't been the problem. Coin generation offers freedom for the F2P people to get what they want and need from the environment even if it is a much slower process than the cash shop. The real problem as Kniraven stated is a lack of a decent coin sink for players lvl 8x+. The vast majority of coin is being hoarded by end game people. There just isn't any motivation or valid method or reason for end game players to NPC the coin out of the system. So it continues to accumulate. Just more slowly than before but it continues to accumulate. The new race and classes are temporarily buffering the coin generated from the environment but there will be a point at which saturation will once again occur unless we start getting tons of new players.

We need a real coin sink for end game people. I still think the best option for that would be to have Duke Blacke raffle or auction off rare end game items such as Vit stones or JSOD or even scrolls of tome for coin. This would sink out coin and increase its value in a hurry. And I believe people would be more apt to charge gold and trade for coin in the AH if they knew they had better chances of getting some high end end game **** from the environment with coin than from packs.

Exactly.
    If there is too much of something then it decreases in value.
    Coins are worth very little now which is why everything costs so damn much.

We need a coin sink, and to slow the influx of coin until we get that coin sink.

P.S.
    I am aware of the fee for buying/selling gold through AH.
    Many players on my server bypass thatby trading coins directly to players and having the players purchase what they want for them and trade it to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I didn't play for about 1.5 years. But when I was active, I created at least 1m new coins per hour on lc server (mainly ecards/mirages of BH rewards + mirages from HH which I sold to NPC).

But on the other hand we also had big coin sinks 2+ years ago. One of most effective coin sinks were R8rr forges, where the CSer nabs wasted 1billion+ to (not b:laugh) get -int on their chests.

Unfortunately coin sinks liike this don't exist anymore (how many go still for 2x int on daggers or fists? I don't see that many anymore; R9rr toons kill every boss so fast, there is no need to go for 5 aps).

TBH I have no clue why so many noobs complain about the economy in forum.
    I' just numerate a few points:

* Since they changed it, quests are so ridiculous fast to complete! Coins are good and exp high! They are worth to do now, that's what we were waiting for, for years!

* Prices of items (e.g. vit stones) are slowly dropping. Is this something bad for non-CSers??

* Price of g16 equipment is so cheap now, everyone can farm it fast. The average dude doesn't need more for pve.

* Even the best skills are so cheap now (demon dragon for 10m, sage vortex for 6m, demon armageddon for 6m, sage hp buff for 8m!!). EVERY SINGLE NOOB CAN GET THEM NOW!!!).

* You can farm lvl 100 skills in morai. For free!

* While leveling up, op gear for every ~10 levels is obtainable for free. There is no need to care about your lowbies. They are even money makers and no coin sinks.

Conclusion:
    1.) For casuals this game has become way cheaper now.

2. ) It's just hard to keep up with all those dailies and add ons (titles, meridians, 2x reawakening, war avatar cards, race to 105).

3. ) With those add ons and the coin influx reduction they are trying to re-balance the game (ofc it doesn't work 100%, because totally different servers get the same tools for re-balancing.)

4. ) Don't expect to belong to the top 5% of server if you are just a casual. This is a mmorpg. It's not about personal skills, it's about character development and advancement (you WON'T become more skilled or stronger in rl if you train your character. You are PLAYING a roll).