6 year player ready to quit

Options
innerphoenix
innerphoenix Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
mIf pwi does not come up for a way for people to make coin better i may quit game. i cannot even afford to grind for 1hr yhe repair cost compared to what you can sell is like 10 to 1 . its actually costing me to play , im spending coin i saved up and am running out. so ya unless pwi does somthing , after 6 years , i think im done playing.
Post edited by innerphoenix on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The coin drops should be more than enough to cover repair fees, granted you're not grinding level 150 mobs that drop nothing.
    You're doing something wrong.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder if players that cannot make money in game are playing the same game as those that are able to make in game coins.
    b:question
    giphy.gif

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This isn't aimed as a dig at you or anything but I'm just curious. As you've been playing for 6 years, what level is your main, what kind of gear does it have, and how long a day do you play on average.

When I see the word grind, I assume botting manually. As we all know this is a bad way of making money due to the DQ nerf. Was briefly okay when they first released autocultivation.

There are probably a few ways of making coin that perhaps you hadn't considered but that depends on a few things, hence my initial questions.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This isn't aimed as a dig at you or anything but I'm just curious. As you've been playing for 6 years, what level is your main, what kind of gear does it have, and how long a day do you play on average.

When I see the word grind, I assume botting manually. As we all know this is a bad way of making money due to the DQ nerf. Was briefly okay when they first released autocultivation.

There are probably a few ways of making coin that perhaps you hadn't considered but that depends on a few things, hence my initial questions.

I was thinking the same thing. I've had no problems making money in game even after the DQ nerf. Granted I am not auto cultivating for hours on end, but even if I do auto culti for a bit while running errands, what I pick up plus coins, I always come out ahead even after repairs b:victory
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Even autocultivation itself can still make money. A small amount compared to the dq craze, but still... Factor in the rewards from selling potions, jades and selling mats.

Beyond that there's:
    - Jolly Jones (750k ish for a full 71+ run)
    - BH1 100+ rewards (650k/run avg)
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • QueNa - Sanctuary
    QueNa - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Not that the game doesn't have problems but OP you're doing something wrong if you can't even pay your repairs.
    Lurking forums for years sometimes posting.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The coin drops should be more than enough to cover repair fees, granted you're not grinding level 150 mobs that drop nothing.
    You're doing something wrong.

While I don't know what lvl or class the player is, being able to make money from grinding is very dependent on gear lvl and class. I can tell you that on a few of my alts it costs them to grind mobs. I can tell you that on my cleric or sin, I profit from grinding mobs. My mystic is lvl 97 and never gaining another level because the MP consumption alone is fking **** for any kind of grinding. b:laugh
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Damn, 6 years and still doesnt know how to make money in game.

I hope you do better in real life dude. b:surrender
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't understand these posts....

I could see a new player wondering about making money, someone who doesn't know the ins and outs yet and everything that's available.....but these posts from people who are 4,5 and 6 years playing and don't know how to make enough coin to cover repairs? I don't understand how this even happens, how do you invest 6 years into something and know so little about it?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't understand these posts....

I could see a new player wondering about making money, someone who doesn't know the ins and outs yet and everything that's available.....but these posts from people who are 4,5 and 6 years playing and don't know how to make enough coin to cover repairs? I don't understand how this even happens, how do you invest 6 years into something and know so little about it?

They did it by grinding. They are also the same players that continuously feed merchants coin for items even past their worth. The fed the TT /mat farmers coins too.

Everyone plays a part in the economy. These players grind their way through. They feed coins to merchants/farmers. Merchants/farmers profit and buy what they need. It's a circle.

Most profitable person is the merchant.

With another upcoming coin nerf via BH rewards coming, we all should be worried. If you hated inflation you will hate even more the massive deflation on the way. The lack of currency will be devastating. Don't try to compare to 6 years ago. Six years ago we were able to profit much more through grinding coins. With that vanishing + BH reward nerf the economy will suffer.

I can always make coins because I'm working the system and not relying on grinding, but I do rely on people who grind as both a merchant and mats seller.
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oh I get the cycle, but in a 6 year timespan you would think at least basic knowledge of other methods of generating coin for oneself would become known.
    The game has changed so much in the last 6 years that it's not even the same game and you'd have to roll with at least some changes and adapt. We're not talking generating funds for diety stones or +12 refines or a scroll of tome here....we talking about lacking the basic knowledge of the game to generate enough coins to cover repair costs, which are negligible costs compared to most everything else.

And can you clarify the upcoming bh nerf? I was under the impression they were removing the talisman part of the reward, thus removing the free mirages and subs - though while also boosting the normal bh rewards of mirages and socket stones by 5 each. Are the ecstasy and excitement cards being removed?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oh I get the cycle, but in a 6 year timespan you would think at least basic knowledge of other methods of generating coin for oneself would become known.
    The game has changed so much in the last 6 years that it's not even the same game and you'd have to roll with at least some changes and adapt. We're not talking generating funds for diety stones or +12 refines or a scroll of tome here....we talking about lacking the basic knowledge of the game to generate enough coins to cover repair costs, which are negligible costs compared to most everything else.

And can you clarify the upcoming bh nerf? I was under the impression they were removing the talisman part of the reward, thus removing the free mirages and subs - though while also boosting the normal bh rewards of mirages and socket stones by 5 each. Are the ecstasy and excitement cards being removed?

BH nerf = 65% chance of chips... That leaves 35% split between other rewards. At least that is my understanding as of now. If I am wrong correct me.
  • zombienationz
    zombienationz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    NVRMND just play a different game lol
    edited February 2015
    Options
    BH nerf = 65% chance of chips... That leaves 35% split between other rewards. At least that is my understanding as of now. If I am wrong correct me.
    I havent heard this o.o If they nerf bh too much, they'd effectively kill it. It's not a reliable source of income, but still pretty nice to have a decent chance at something besides chips.
    Can you point me to where this is coming from?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I havent heard this o.o If they nerf bh too much, they'd effectively kill it. It's not a reliable source of income, but still pretty nice to have a decent chance at something besides chips.
    Can you point me to where this is coming from?

Well I re-read it and looks like chips increase from 55 to 65. OK my paranoia is showing. b:surrender But something was said about not knowing the first sentence and something about removing coin reward. So maybe not just my paranoia.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22267691&postcount=1
  • mzlogo
    mzlogo Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes, you can make enough grinding to pay repair bills, and have a little left over. A LITTLE. That's on average, as doing bq's and other quests sometimes you really don't make enough to pay repairs.

I know other ways to make some coin in the game, but if no one can afford to buy the items I farm and/or manufacture then it's no good.

Tons of coins are needed for shards and refines. Grinding used to help a bit with that, enough to give HOPE of improving your toon. Now the ability to buy shards/refines stretches far far out into the distance. And the catshops that sell fashion and cube neckies etc may as well forget it. Then it falls apart down the line because those people buy from other people.

If they change BH rewards - sheesh, myst chips are worthless, it's going to get even more grim.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As you've been playing for 6 years, what level is your main, what kind of gear does it have, and how long a day do you play on average.

And we will never know those answers because:

- enters forum;
    - whines on thread;
    - leaves forum.

"6 years"...

Adapt or leave. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I started in 2009. The only way I reliably get coin anymore is from one toon I stopped playing talking to Jolly Jones every day. Just like the other hundred people I see parked around him every time I show up.

I have 3 toons over 100 now, but only one is really used for bhs currently. Getting something other than chips is helpful but not expected.

I also get nirvana talismans on all three toons for mirages etc. every day, but they are going to be getting rid of those soon. Prices of mirages and subs will go up tenfold eventually, and tt mats will go up probably double that lol.

Chips will get quite a bit more useful then I guess.

As for actually killing mobs? I try not to. It is utterly pointless outside of quests, and an actual net loss on dailies where you get no coin reward for turning in.

I rely on the free pots from divine contracts, and so I don't need to support the token market.

Basically my gains and losses are minimal and my playtime is also minimal. Its fun on the rare occasion anyone I know even logs on in a week. Almost everyone I know quit months ago.

My mystic is essentially finished as far as having stuff left to do other than farm cards endlessly. My SB is pretty much just grinding Shroud until I can get the flyer and weapon, then prob RA.

Maybe in 6 months I'll be able to use the 200+ pages I have in my safe for my damn skills b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As for actually killing mobs? I try not to. It is utterly pointless outside of quests, and an actual net loss on dailies where you get no coin reward for turning in.

Only if you don't bother picking up the coin drops. Coin drops on casters and archers will easily cover repairs, and close to break even for melee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I also get nirvana talismans on all three toons for mirages etc. every day, but they are going to be getting rid of those soon. Prices of mirages and subs will go up tenfold eventually, and tt mats will go up probably double that lol.

Chips will get quite a bit more useful then I guess.

I rely on the free pots from divine contracts, and so I don't need to support the token market.

Basically my gains and losses are minimal and my playtime is also minimal. Its fun on the rare occasion anyone I know even logs on in a week. Almost everyone I know quit months ago.

My mystic is essentially finished as far as having stuff left to do other than farm cards endlessly. My SB is pretty much just grinding Shroud until I can get the flyer and weapon, then prob RA.

Maybe in 6 months I'll be able to use the 200+ pages I have in my safe for my damn skills b:cry

See, this is why people get mocked.

Oh no, the price of ulti subs will go up, that means no one new can make money!!! .......Except people used to actually farm the mats and craft the ultimate substances for selling purposes. Which new players will once again be able to do, if prices do inflate that much. So this would actually be re-creating a way for new players to make money; the very opposite of what is being assumed.

Chip prices will still be tied to chip sales, meaning they will always be worth little. Changes in BH won't affect that at all.
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    mIf pwi does not come up for a way for people to make coin better i may quit game. i cannot even afford to grind for 1hr yhe repair cost compared to what you can sell is like 10 to 1 . its actually costing me to play , im spending coin i saved up and am running out. so ya unless pwi does somthing , after 6 years , i think im done playing.

if you've been playing for 6 years, and don't know how to make profits... or at least be sustaining...

wel.... enuff said.... b:shutup

You need expense-less money...
    Go grind herbs...
    Its a lost farming art form....
    so underrated and undervalued...
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just can't believe that I am so special. That I am so much better and smarter than other people..thats nonsense. Really. Just stupid.

I too am playing since a but over 6 years. I managed to farm full +10 gears for me and my gf before r9 and also farmed full +11/+12 vit shards max gears for my barb afterwards. I also have r9 ready for my SB as well as already max lvled A-Cards. Everything totally Free2Play.

So either I am such an amazing person. 1 in a million OR (and I bet it's just that) others just didn't put enough effort or are out-right stupid. Sorry. But I just can't take this anymore.

Tbh...I never acted like I am that amazing. No no. it's not that I am soo great. Others are just unbelieveably bad. Thats all.

If you did not manage to even get your repair bills covered after 6 years you surely should have just skipped this game and saved your time...omfg.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What is the purpose of the OP's post?
    To blow off steam?
    To seek help?

It sounds like they just want to whine and shoot down helpful advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm making around 100 million a week doing nothing but merchanting, and I only carry around 16 mil in merchandise at a time. And getting 16 mil is easy; do any of the farming methods, or play 1 NW and don't suck at it. NW is an easy 500-600 tokens on average without gearing requirements to get that. High so far was 850 tokens in 1 NW.

So do NW, play it well and not stupidly, earn a crapton of coins. Merchant like you have a clue, and earn multi-millions just doing nothing. It seriously is that easy. Haven't even felt the need to even bother converting FSP coins or tokens into anything, saving them in case R8rr mats show up in forges, and for when new class celestial skills get here.

It's all about being able to think ahead, and it isn't like planning a year in advance. Dumb carries over into gameplay for most people, and that can mean easy ways to earn just by thinking. For instance; what do you think will happen once demon/sage skills come out for the new classes? The price in OBP and PoF will obviously spike. So set up shop to buy them for cheaper outside FSP with spare coin, and you can double the price you bought it for during resale then. Simple, easy, obvious. And yet most aren't doing it.

People were defaulting automatically to using FSP coins for the coins that can be sold, or for C packs. They didn't even bother noticing that the price that could be made from badges meant they were selling their coins for less than 70% value of what they could be getting from them. So even established players pull a stupid when they choose what to sell.

Merchanting is my favorite, because it requires no effort whatsoever. I've done hours upon hours of TT running for maximized profit to where it was just reflex, and it was boring. I have no urge to do that again. And I always leave at least enough to work with, that I can get back up.

Came back in Dec with 150 gold worth of merchandise. I'm currently about to surpass 200 on hand, with around 220 mil in merchandise to drop by the end of the week. And this is with buying new 6.3 wings for my cleric, buying daily hypers for my SB, getting badges for SB, costs to R8r with the extra boots bought, all their skills, and now leveling a DB as well.

So despite spending hundreds of millions these past 2 months, I'm still hundreds of millions ahead. And as I've repeatedly said, what I do can be done with as little as 1 gold bought. So there are plenty of ways that don't require even playing to make a lot of money. There are ways I choose not to do, because I don't have to. I don't even FSP much at all, because I don't need to.

But I've also done just about every way to earn money, on the way up as well. So I know the many different ways that don't even require merchanting to make them. And while some might be boring, they are worth money because they are boring. And you're not supposed to do them forever. You do them to get some seed money, and to start doing better ones.

Heck, TT prices have even rebounded pretty nicely. You could make money doing single player TT runs, which have a much lower gear req, to get some mats to start selling. Forshura arms being worth even 300k is always worth going after in 2-3 single in X2 drops. I did that farm when my BM hadn't even reached 99 yet, and made all they needed to upgrade and buy their gear off of repeating that one.

Until the barrier to actually earn money is increased to the point of preventing new players from earning, your post is full of ****. Merchanting is the best way to make money, and has no barrier to entry in price or practice. Herb farming makes a good amount, and if ulti subs disappear from BQ, that's another great farm route for newbies to make money on. I still remember having to run the route around disaster since there was no market for the mats yet. You get the route down, and you show up just as the next one reappears.

Lazy people will quit, but good riddance to them. They are the ones who always beg for help and never give it in game anyways. Because they aren't even willing to do a little to help themselves, it's readily obvious that they aren't helping other either. Those people aren't needed for the servers, and they don't make it a more enjoyable setting.
  • kokoot
    kokoot Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    sweetiebot pls display server status
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    kokoot wrote: »
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 266ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 124ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 123ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 151ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 77ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 84ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 165ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 152ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    kokoot wrote: »

I think there is a thread started JUST for these times when you need to ask Sweetiebot something totally unrelated to current threads. I believe it's in Off-Topic.
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    “Came back in Dec with 150 gold worth of merchandise”

Nice line for the started: so you buy gold like pwi staff wants you to do in the end.

Now I started a new char: don’t give it money off my main or another chars. Not buy gold for it and started playing: now he has 200.000 on his pocket at level 38. Yeah I’m rich!!..........joke. 200000/38= 5263.32coins per level. Mhhh so 100 x 5263.32= 526315.79 I have at level 100. Ofc I don’t count in the cost off the repairs or pot I’m going to need at higher level.
    I don’t even need the skills ppl ask 2-40 mil for after all he is not reawakening yet. Now he is mage class. Right now I still get the free charms. If they are done it’s back to pots or just takes the time to heal up again. So its takes time. Also he doesn’t have fashion or a riding pet accept the fox you get form PWI. A flying pet or wings ……….PWI gift level 1. So another long time to move around on the map. Don’t want to think on getting the TT mats another ppl sell. By the time he is 100 the game is done for any way.

Now back to my main: a veno ………yes I know: outdated before, now a most wanted char for FSP. Suck it!! For years ppl didn’t even wanted to take a veno in to FF or another instance. So for year I try to get my armor for her. Almost have the entire S3 piece but not the coins to get stones. And then you get the idiots telling you to get more hp and stuff! Never see anyone take the effort to help on that part. For those telling me next a veno is great in doing TT runs ….this veno can’t: lack off good gear, not have a nix or so, or the coins to get them. A pet these days is 250 mil.
    And did you try TT single: lol never seen 1 gold drop on that part. Sure I can spent $ in the game but wasn’t PWI meant as a free game. Guess I should have taken a BM or a sin form the started. It’s a bit strange that these classes can do a squad run alone. Some ppl went even so far to have a whole army of classes to get just the BH rewards.
    Speaking of BH rewards ever had for months that great reward call mystiques chips. Are they money right now? So 2 out the main reason to get coins in the game suck for some ppl.
    Gathering another great plan accept you need to run between mobs and if you lucky after 10 min you can get that same stone/herb again. Buy and reselling stuff: nice hobby but don’t you need coins to get that for the started like the guy claim he started with 150 gold!
    Doing daily does don’t even bring in the coins. But hell we need them to get the exp to get to 105. Because do you want to kill millions of mobs for 512 exp each?

But to be fair I don’t think the main reason for this bad way off getting coins is all pwi faults. How on all of you out there who want more coins every day. Lest started on a tt mat: I see it get form 20K till 300K for the same mat. So is it the system of PWI or the greed off ppl here? I see ppl ask weapon link for instance: hell forgive me for being a noob still, who works on his/her gear. After all these R9 ppl work hard to get there (Or did they have help too?) Speaking of TT: we just to have squads to do them with now I see: LFM to open TT pay 100K each. WC is also nice to see ppl QQ ***** and dis. For those say to this guy he should have know better on how to get coins: not every one got endless times to grind or play. IF you only play for 1-2 hours a day its kind sad spent it on grinding mats alone. Maybe ppl need to see this game for what it is!
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    soleida wrote: »
    “Came back in Dec with 150 gold worth of merchandise”

Nice line for the started: so you buy gold like pwi staff wants you to do in the end.

Well this was a whole lot of dumb. Even checking my avatar to the left of my posts show I've been on forums at least since early 2009. And you jump to thinking it must have been charged?

I quit a lot, or I'd have multiple R9rrs running around. When I quit, I always make sure to invest in what looks like the best thing to maintain value. Last time it was dragon orbs, so I came back with 2k 1* orbs. That's where the 150 gold worth of merchandise came from.

Are there people too dumb to set themselves up properly for in case they came back. Well, this guy's post apparently points to it. Kudos.
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Never hear on that expressinog but what ever! Probley you feelt you need to defence yourself!