Maintenance?

Options
zoner112012
zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
So last nights maint. had no patch notes...but when it was done there was a small update. I am hearing that duskblade and stormbringer now can get r9r...any other untold changes? I mean it seems like we arent getting patch notes anymore or any information as to what is coming with each maint....even though they said it was just a restart. Anyone know of any other changes? *crossing fingers they fixed TW times*
ln5aR6B.jpg
Post edited by zoner112012 on

Comments

• LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So last nights maint. had no patch notes...but when it was done there was a small update. I am hearing that duskblade and stormbringer now can get r9r...any other untold changes? I mean it seems like we arent getting patch notes anymore or any information as to what is coming with each maint....even though they said it was just a restart. Anyone know of any other changes? *crossing fingers they fixed TW times*

I ranted on this in some long old post thread.... but...
    Hey all,

Tonight there will be maintenance from 11PM - 2AM. There are no patch notes, as this is just a restart. There is a patch though, small one.

Like. no patch notes.... but you can't say it's just a restart, then say there is a patch, small one.

If they are fixing things, tweeking things, returning items.
    I wish they would communicate to the players...

If you are doing things, trying to fix things, communicate with the players.
    So we see that you are trying and see that your small patches are trying to fix things.
    People might have more patience if you show them your efforts to fix bugs and errors.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • zoner112012
    edited February 2015
    Options
    LOL I didn't even notice that he said there WAS a small patch. Would be nice as you said for them to communicate with us. If they are going to patch stuff we should be told what they are doing. Other mmos show much more transparency to their consumers then PWE ever does.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    LOL I didn't even notice that he said there WAS a small patch.

So, they *did* say there was a patch.
    Would be nice as you said for them to communicate with us. If they are going to patch stuff we should be told what they are doing. Other mmos show much more transparency to their consumers then PWE ever does.

And they *are* communicating with you. You just didn't read the message. Communication takes one person talking and another actually listening.

\we have enough issues, can you stick with the ones they *don't* follow thru on
    \\instead of getting wound up because you didn't read the message

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • zoner112012
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So, they *did* say there was a patch.

And they *are* communicating with you. You just didn't read the message. Communication takes one person talking and another actually listening.

\we have enough issues, can you stick with the ones they *don't* follow thru on
    \\instead of getting wound up because you didn't read the message

Um no they don't communicate properly. You go to any of their other games...or any other MMO for that matter and you can see when there is a patch..there are patch notes informing the gaming community of what they did. There were undocumented changes with last nights maint....and i am just trying to get a list going of what they were for the gamers...essentially doing THEIR job for them. If you don't like that you don't have to comment or read this post.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Um no they don't communicate properly. You go to any of their other games...or any other MMO for that matter and you can see when there is a patch..there are patch notes informing the gaming community of what they did. There were undocumented changes with last nights maint....and i am just trying to get a list going of what they were for the gamers...essentially doing THEIR job for them. If you don't like that you don't have to comment or read this post.

If we're talking r9 second cast, they've always had it. If we're talking r9 third cast, that'd be nice to know.

ALSO: communication is a two-way street.

AND ANOTHER THING: Do you really want a patch notes that just says "oh, just some small back-door stuff to set up for *major things we can't talk about*"?
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • zoner112012
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If we're talking r9 second cast, they've always had it. If we're talking r9 third cast, that'd be nice to know.

ALSO: communication is a two-way street.

AND ANOTHER THING: Do you really want a patch notes that just says "oh, just some small back-door stuff to set up for *major things we can't talk about*"?

TBH...yea i do. At least then we know what they are doing even if the changes arent important. The fact that you and several other people dont seem to care/want them to tell us what changes they make on the game is more disappointing then anything. If you dont want to know i dont understand why you are posting here.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options
    TBH...yea i do. At least then we know what they are doing even if the changes arent important. The fact that you and several other people dont seem to care/want them to tell us what changes they make on the game is more disappointing then anything. If you dont want to know i dont understand why you are posting here.

Because I couldn't help myself.

But to my first question: mattering on the server you're on, r9r means two different things.

Edit: I like patch notes, but they have never said anything about the backdoor fixings. Our version only gets patch notes when they're given via China. This may have been one of those times where it was either backdoor fixings or China didn't give anything or barely anything for patch notes.

We will (possibly) get a bigger patch next week with more interesting things to place into a patch note section.
    Don't sweat the small stuff. It's a needless stress.

• zoner112012
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Because I couldn't help myself.

But to my first question: mattering on the server you're on, r9r means two different things.

Edit: I like patch notes, but they have never said anything about the backdoor fixings. Our version only gets patch notes when they're given via China. This may have been one of those times where it was either backdoor fixings or China didn't give anything or barely anything for patch notes.

We will (possibly) get a bigger patch next week with more interesting things to place into a patch note section.
    Don't sweat the small stuff. It's a needless stress.

I am not sweating anything.....this post was for people to post...or on the off chance sparkie bothers to post here....the changes or anything they noticed that was changed with last nights maint. I mean did you bother reading my original post?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ultradry
    ultradry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    that patch last night was to fix a problem alot fo ppls have been getting with lag and error conecting to the server everytime u log in

and for nowe it seams to ahve fixed it
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Um no they don't communicate properly. You go to any of their other games...or any other MMO for that matter and you can see when there is a patch..there are patch notes informing the gaming community of what they did. .

^This. Even on this game you USED to get patch notes. Thats why theres a patch notes section b:surrender
  • zoner112012
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ultradry wrote: »
    that patch last night was to fix a problem alot fo ppls have been getting with lag and error conecting to the server everytime u log in

and for nowe it seams to ahve fixed it

Actually it hasn't been fixed for some people still. If you read the other posts on forums you would know that. The maintenance was JUST a restart with a small patch...but still trying to figure out WHAT the patch was.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Actually it hasn't been fixed for some people still. If you read the other posts on forums you would know that. The maintenance was JUST a restart with a small patch...but still trying to figure out WHAT the patch was.

Have fun! b:cute