my pwi experience from lvl 1-26

Options
perfectbeltz
perfectbeltz Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
i just made a new mystic char in lost city server, i had a lvl 102 mystic a yr ago but cos of some factors i had to quit and delete it. now am bak with new energy and am really missing the old starting place the fissure my homeland tellus cityb:cry . i saw that lvling up is a bit difficult now 40% of the starting quests were without autopathing so i had to takee help from pwidatabse which helped me a lot still...i think while doing those quests i was bored there was nobody to talk almost all pple i met during my lvling up from lvl 1-26 everybody was like botting no reply nothin just walking here and there but yes i met 1 player who replied she was new and when i asked her bout the game she said she didnt find this game worth lvling up and will uninstall it...i coudnt ask her why bcos she went offline btw seriously think this new starter place is not a good one the old place was better. during my lvling up i coudnt understand how to lvl up skills when i reach lvl 25 or 26 i was allowed to enter the main world i quickly to the mystic trainer but there nothin so i checked my skill window and realised there is a small arrow like icon from which u can lvlup skills now am going to do the legend quest from which i get the massive amount of exp "the cold reaper"b

very sry for my bad english but i know u guys r smart and will understand what i'm try to say bah bye
negative comment will be taken as a compliment lolz nvm but i always get negative replies idk why...

(edit) wtf maintenance lol without any patchnotes just restart.....
Post edited by perfectbeltz on

Comments

• Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The person you met is actually right.

I made 2 of the new toons released a db and a sb and I even got the db to 66 and sb to 19.I raely play them and forgot I even made them for a bit lol.To me after playing basicly every class in the game for years about 10 solid alts( I don't even play my other toosn that much anymore I guess it depends on the bh and active points)I just don't feel like lvling up another toon to basicly do more of the same dailies.

Peoples mind set in this game is to run bh for hopes of coin cards in wich I do get lucky on a daily basis then go to the next alt..what fun is this when the only thrill is the image of a x2 xtc cards or a excitement card pops in your bag..other than that the rest of the game is a bad repeat on a daily basis.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i saw that lvling up is a bit difficult now 40% of the starting quests were without autopathing

Levelling up is easier than ever before. There are experience loaded quests, (in red at the bottom of your available quest guide) the grind quests (like kill 20 mobs x3) have been decreased, the autopathing worked 100% for me when I levelled my new toon in the new area (click Q then show/hide at the bottom and the quest log with autopath feature will show on screen) Auto cultivation assists in levelling if you use it correctly and respectfully, new toons are supplied FREE MOUNTS, FREE FLYERS, FREE GEAR AND FREE FASHION and a catered quest line to level you from level 1 to cultivation without ever wondering "what do i do now". I seriously wish I started my toon during these times. When I started mine I remember flying for hours a day on a 1 m/s speed flyer all over the map because my toon was too poor to teleport and I had no teleport stones/incenses (like you get now) and no ground mount.

I seriously wonder if you have ever played PW before and what you are comparing "now" to. Because for me starter world on new characters was so damn easy and manicured that I actually missed grinding. b:shutup
  • myxnamexisxkira
    myxnamexisxkira Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    When i first started back in 2010 as a true newbie to the game It took me several months to learn the entirety of the game and get to like level 68 before i stopped. Left when earthguards came out and came back five months before the duskblade/stormbringer. All I can say is leveling has become A LOT easier. Hell just for the fun of it I made a psy that uses HA and duel axes and it's already 2nd reborn 101.That was a couple months ago.

Point being leveling is much easier now whether thats good or bad is up for debate.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    I actually missed grinding. b:shutup

I started playing PWI at beta and I do not miss grinding. That is one thing that PWI is far better without from then to now. It overused grinding to the point that I, someone who previously enjoyed grinding in games, started to hate grinding in games. I mean, the ways you leveled back then were silly. When you got to around level 65 or so, it became a pure grind game without hyper experience crystals (they were not around). The training esotericas and these areas where a cleric setup BB and a blademaster went around and collected enemies then killed them, were all we had. Even that took forever. Not to mention major ware on the equipment.
    ...i had a lvl 102 mystic a yr ago but cos of some factors i had to quit and delete it.

I can understand the quit part, but I don't get the delete part. Also, saying that you will enjoy negative comments means you're trying to start a flame war. That's very likely to get the thread closed.
    ...the rest of the game is a bad repeat on a daily basis.

Nah, it all depends on how you play the game. If you choose to do those things every day repeatedly for months and years, then yes, you would view it that way. Some people like myself on the other hand go around doing random stuff each day and it doesn't feel like it's a repeat ad nauseam.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    New starter area quests are easy and simple, distances are overall smaller than for example when you're doing quests as an earthguard at their original starter area, and as for autopath I did not have issues with it at all.

Nobody was talking to you? It doesn't mean they're botting. Some newbies ignore the chat, some oldies ignore the chat, some are dual clienting, some are simply not caring and some may not speak english.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I started playing PWI at beta and I do not miss grinding. That is one thing that PWI is far better without from then to now. It overused grinding to the point that I, someone who previously enjoyed grinding in games, started to hate grinding in games. I mean, the ways you leveled back then were silly. When you got to around level 65 or so, it became a pure grind game without hyper experience crystals (they were not around). The training esotericas and these areas where a cleric setup BB and a blademaster went around and collected enemies then killed them, were all we had. Even that took forever. Not to mention major ware on the equipment.

Moth parties/fish parties were better than zhen. Zhen was taking pity on barbs and BMs, mostly. Even at lvl 85, a cleric could earn 7% an hour with a XP scroll only.
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Moth parties/fish parties were better than zhen. Zhen was taking pity on barbs and BMs, mostly. Even at lvl 85, a cleric could earn 7% an hour with a XP scroll only.

I never enjoyed zhenning, altho i did it a lot, i did more RB gamma's and later delta's of course. being a barb at that time was pure blissb:pleased
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

As you can see, I'm a barb. We needed the pity. Also, thank you for reminding me of the term. I couldn't remember it. As for the moth and fish parties, I'd never even heard of those. Maybe they weren't really done on the HT server. My brother was a cleric and I used to see him do zhenning a lot, not anything else and I used to solo grind a lot.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Zenning died out after seaweed thieves lvl 70 something. Fish & butterfly parties were from there to lvl 80+ then ofc move in to doing as many rebirths you could per day.

IIRC BM and Barb were not "pity members", they were pullers/pickers. Someone had to pull mobs and pick drops and it wasn't going to be the BB cleric or aoe DD's.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Agreed. I missed grinding... a little bit. b:shocked Not SUPREME ZHEN GRINDING FOR HOURS oh god please dont make that come back b:cry

I just want to have more time to learn my character's skills. Sometimes I feel fast levelling with experience loaded quests is just the same as FCC or the like where we dont have enough of a chance to play on mobs to learn.

But um. Yeah. I dont really wanna spend hours a day levelling. TY. b:bye

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Zenning died out after seaweed thieves lvl 70 something. Fish & butterfly parties were from there to lvl 80+ then ofc move in to doing as many rebirths you could per day.

IIRC BM and Barb were not "pity members", they were pullers/pickers. Someone had to pull mobs and pick drops and it wasn't going to be the BB cleric or aoe DD's.

It was pity because the zhen parties didn't earn as much xp as fish/moth parties (74-93, smaller parties used minions earlier), yet cost the archers/wizzies/clerics more to do. Pullers were free, and anyone with a mount and good at planning paths could pull. Even many BMs would jump on a mount for the speed, just barbs usually stayed cat form since they could go fast anyways.

It's why I said pity members. The main ones funding zhen parties, were the ones getting the least out of it. They were actually choosing to earn less xp, while paying more to do so. Even with all DQ going to the zhenners, still wasn't worth it. Solo AoE poison grinding was even a better option than zhenning was. And that cost nothing, with potion drops giving all that was needed.

Seaweed we didn't have zhenned, because usually a BM with a cleric healer would be there. They didn't need to split the xp more, for not really increasing kills per minute. They'd swap sides, and the other side would spawn while they killed the other. I know some later on started doing zhen parties there, but that was later on and wasn't as worthwhile. Zhen started at wolves and moved to spiders on our server.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I do not miss zhen or fish parties at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute