A new twist to the "Error retrieving charactor information for this account" mess

mymahem
mymahem Posts: 50 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Ok .. so a new twist to this never-ending mess of the "Error retrieving charactor imformation for this account" I thought it was worthy of starting a new thread because, well, its something new. People who are still missing charactors may want to check their alts friends lists or ask friends if the missing charactor appears to have been logged on recently.
When I try to log onto my seeker, I'm, ofc, still getting the messege "Error retrieveing imformation for this charactor on this account". HOWEVER, It would appear that "this charactor" has been restored because when I looked at her name on my alts friends list, it shows her as having been logged on at 8:30 on 1/21/15. Keep in mind that I still get the Error messege when trying to log her into the game from MY account. It would appear that PWI "restored" my seeker to SOMEONE ELSES ACCOUNT. Imagine my shock. So. WTH??? I'm hoping that this mysterious log on was PW attempting to restore her and that she is, in fact, "safe" and not now in someone elses account. If she has been "given" to someone elses account, well... PWI/E has some serious compensation to address. And when I say serious, I mean the maximum. Not only has an "end game" seeker been lost on my account but also the max capacity, full bank, cupboard and wardrobe that has been lost with her. Countless pack items.. including Gems, Tomes, Flyers, Tokens, Charms, etc., along with NW and primal tokens, and so much more. She held everything I use for my alts as well as her. She is my Main Charactor. The actual real dollar amount that I'v invested over the years on that account and in that one toon and the stores she holds far exceed anything they can offer as compensation. All they have to do is look at my Zen purchases on this account to have an idea of the Real money investment THEY have "missplaced".
I want my Seeker returned to me in tact along with all the items in her bank, cupboard and wardrobe.. that's what I want. But, if that is now impossible, I want my compensation. Maximum Compensation. Even that won't be fair for what PWI/E has lost. Even then.. the actual money lost will not be met, so it's the LEAST they can do.

BellAhhh Dreamweaver Missing since 1/8/15
BellAhhh Dreamweaver
seeker blah blah blah blah... b:bye
Post edited by mymahem on

Comments

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mymahem wrote: »
    Ok .. so a new twist to this never-ending mess of the "Error retrieving charactor imformation for this account" I thought it was worthy of starting a new thread because, well, its something new. People who are still missing charactors may want to check their alts friends lists or ask friends if the missing charactor appears to have been logged on recently.
    When I try to log onto my seeker, I'm, ofc, still getting the messege "Error retrieveing imformation for this charactor on this account". HOWEVER, It would appear that "this charactor" has been restored because when I looked at her name on my alts friends list, it shows her as having been logged on at 8:30 on 1/21/15. Keep in mind that I still get the Error messege when trying to log her into the game from MY account. It would appear that PWI "restored" my seeker to SOMEONE ELSES ACCOUNT. Imagine my shock. So. WTH??? I'm hoping that this mysterious log on was PW attempting to restore her and that she is, in fact, "safe" and not now in someone elses account. If she has been "given" to someone elses account, well... PWI/E has some serious compensation to address. And when I say serious, I mean the maximum. Not only has an "end game" seeker been lost on my account but also the max capacity, full bank, cupboard and wardrobe that has been lost with her. Countless pack items.. including Gems, Tomes, Flyers, Tokens, Charms, etc., along with NW and primal tokens, and so much more. She held everything I use for my alts as well as her. She is my Main Charactor. The actual real dollar amount that I'v invested over the years on that account and in that one toon and the stores she holds far exceed anything they can offer as compensation. All they have to do is look at my Zen purchases on this account to have an idea of the Real money investment THEY have "missplaced".
    I want my Seeker returned to me in tact along with all the items in her bank, cupboard and wardrobe.. that's what I want. But, if that is now impossible, I want my compensation. Maximum Compensation. Even that won't be fair for what PWI/E has lost. Even then.. the actual money lost will not be met, so it's the LEAST they can do.

Just wow. Why does this not suprise me? Here is to hoping they fix your problem.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's probably the GMs logging your char to try and fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    It's probably the GMs logging your char to try and fix it.

That's what I thought after I submitted another ticket and thats what I'm hoping is the case.

BellAhhh DW
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    I'm hoping that this mysterious log on was PW attempting to restore her and that she is, in fact, "safe" and not now in someone elses account.

As I did say, I'm very hopeful that it was a PW agent trying to get my seeker back into game. Hopeful, and now fairly certain, tho not 100% certain until I'm told by them that is the case.

I recieved an Email indicating that they felt my char had been recovered and that I could get her into the game but ofc, that was not the case. Seeing that she had in fact been logged successfully was naturally alarming, to say the least. The last I've heard is that the devs are aware that people still cannot get the chars into game and therefore continue to search for a solution. At the least, people should see that "something" is being done if they can see that the missing char has been logged on. It's something.

BellAhhh DW Hopeful b:surrender
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • Schec - Dreamweaver
    Schec - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's the same for me , i asked someone to look when was the character i can't log ,and told me was on 19th when i can't log that char from 8th . so hope the Gm's were the ones that logged.
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    It's the same for me , i asked someone to look when was the character i can't log ,and told me was on 19th when i can't log that char from 8th . so hope the Gm's were the ones that logged.

I'm quite certain that it was PW agents logging onto chars so dont worry, and be encouraged.
    #1 they are obviously working on it
    #2 they got them into the game meaning they are not as lost as we may have been worried they were.
    So I'd say that's very encouraging. b:cute
    Try to be patient and hopeful. I will add posts if I have anything more.

BellAhhh DW b:victory
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • kyrinrayne
    kyrinrayne Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mine shows 01/08/15 and male from the faction group list. Guess they've not addressed mine at all then. Been updating the ticket but will be 3 weeks this week and no word.

Just want my toon and gear back....
    Mer
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    The Faction list won't show any time stamp change since 01/08/15. The time stamp change for this GM log on (I'm calling it that) shows only in a friends list, check on an alt, or ask a friend to check your name on their list to see if the time stamp is more recent than 1/8/15. I believe you may find it was logged on 01/21/15 or near that date. It will also tell you the time that it was logged on.

I hope that helps ;)

BellAhhh DW b:victory
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope that you get it soon.

Still have to say that it's a great shame on PWI for this to happen for this extended amount of time.

I hope that you hear from them soon to find out what's happening, and what progress is being made. Hopefully all that was taken from you, and everyone else will soon be restored to you,
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    I hope that you get it soon.

Still have to say that it's a great shame on PWI for this to happen for this extended amount of time.

I hope that you hear from them soon to find out what's happening, and what progress is being made. Hopefully all that was taken from you, and everyone else will soon be restored to you,

Thank you. I believe I speak for others too when I tell you that I appreciate people such as yourself who empathize. Who still have a look at these threads. Still care enough to comment. After a while, it's human nature to simply not care much anymore if it didn't happen to them. Understandable. I believe initially everyone cared to some degree. Mostly how it might affect them personally. Afterall, it's an alarming and disturbing thing. Now, however, as time has past, it's left the minds of most who were unaffected. It's only natural and to be expected, ofc. "Life" in Perfect World goes on leaving some of us in a state of cyber limbo, waiting. So again, Thank you for still caring that for some of us, our game, has been altered dramatically and it's not good nor pleasent and that we are still here. Just waiting on the outside hoping to return to friends in game soon.

BellAhhh DW b:bye
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • Shellene - Dreamweaver
    Shellene - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think most of us do care and check this often, but there isn't alot we can do but have sympathy for those who have lost. We want you and Schec and Mer and all the others to get back there accounts in proper order and hope it will soon happen. I read this daily to see if there are any changes because i don't get a chance to talk to all the people i know who have losses. I am so glad to see you have had some info from them on this and i hope it is restored soon.

Shellene veno DW
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    I think most of us do care and check this often, but there isn't alot we can do but have sympathy for those who have lost. We want you and Schec and Mer and all the others to get back there accounts in proper order and hope it will soon happen. I read this daily to see if there are any changes because i don't get a chance to talk to all the people i know who have losses. I am so glad to see you have had some info from them on this and i hope it is restored soon.

Shellene veno DW

*offers hugs*
    Thank you for taking time to continue to read these threads and especially, Thank you for your thoughtful comment. It means more to those of us affected than you can imagine.
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • SpellDancer - Dreamweaver
    SpellDancer - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was one of the lucky ones who got through unscathed, but I do feel sympathy for those who got affected, more so if the afected person saw gear being sold in World Chat and had to go through the horror of it all. Just wish everyone gets sorted out soon
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    I was one of the lucky ones who got through unscathed, but I do feel sympathy for those who got affected, more so if the afected person saw gear being sold in World Chat and had to go through the horror of it all. Just wish everyone gets sorted out soon

I'm truely happy for you and anyone who dodged that bullet and I couldnt agree with you more as to those who felt the agony of watching their gear being offered up in wc. That's the worst thing I'v heard happened in all of this really. Those sellers... well, that's a new low. The names of those charactors selling should be noted and delt with along with anyone who would knowingly buy, what's essentually at that point, stolen items. I hope PWE is able to sort all this out and recover what's been lost to people. Time will tell.

thank you
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    *sneaks up on this thread... slaps it back into play on the thread list*

sorry.. but we need to keep these missing char threads alive.

b:victory

No toons recovered this week, sadly, but I saw that they did try again to log them into the game... a good sign, but... b:cry Ah well. Maybe next weeks maint.
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    *sneaks up on this thread... slaps it back into play on the thread list*

sorry.. but we need to keep these missing char threads alive.

b:victory

No toons recovered this week, sadly, but I saw that they did try again to log them into the game... a good sign, but... b:cry Ah well. Maybe next weeks maint.

If you ask me....they should be trying every day till they fix this problem. This is hardly fair to the people that it has happened to and you guys are basically being screwed over.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    If you ask me....they should be trying every day till they fix this problem. This is hardly fair to the people that it has happened to and you guys are basically being screwed over.

Thank you.
    I think they are working on this everyday, however to actually log onto them to test them may require some timing be considered. Also there's no sense in doing so unless they feel they've gotten it worked out. Logging them during maint just seems like the logical time to test them is all im saying. So, I expect that I will see that she's been logged on again during the next maint as has been the case twice now.

I see it as encouraging. They haven't forgotten about this and I'm confident they are anxious, too, for these toons to be recovered.
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • Shellene - Dreamweaver
    Shellene - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i'm happy to see a response on the other thread about this issue from Sparkie at least it's something and do know they are still working on it. Don't give up guys they will get it.
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    i'm happy to see a response on the other thread about this issue from Sparkie at least it's something and do know they are still working on it. Don't give up guys they will get it.

I second that b:victory
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • Schec - Dreamweaver
    Schec - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I asked the GM's about the logging stuff ,a nd they answeared me that they didnt made any attempts to log the characters......so...yeah
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited January 2015
    That should be the Devs logging on to test the fix, since that was directly after the maintenance on our end (usually when the devs get into their office).
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    That should be the Devs logging on to test the fix, since that was directly after the maintenance on our end (usually when the devs get into their office).

Thank you Sparkie. And thanks to the Devs who continue to work at this. I would hug you if I could. Oh hell, consider yourselves hugged. <3

To those unsure of the mysterious log ins, Sparkie's response should ease your concerns. btw, If it were a player logging on the char, the guild time stamp and friend list time stamps would match, yes? They dont.
    I decided to start this thread because I had noticed my seeker had been logged on. It was something new. I admit that at first it was a shock and freaked me a bit. After looking into it a bit further and receiving a very fast response to a panic ticket from a kind GM, I was comfortable that it was an attempt to restore her. This thread was and is intended to let others know of the ongoing efforts by the Devs. This was something new and it's encouraging. I felt it was worthy.

Keep in mind, the "test" log in time stamp shows up on a friend list. NOT a guild list. My seeker has now been logged on at least twice that I know of. So, just watch for that and be encouraged by it. They are working on this.

I hope this puts some minds at ease. b:victory
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • SpellDancer - Dreamweaver
    SpellDancer - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Almost a week late posting but I caught Sutur after the servers went up on Wed the 28th Jan, to say ty to the devs who are working on the issue, But to keep people happy we want a little more communication.

Yeah I get they are super super busy fixing all the stuff and implimenting tecky items for optimisation and spelling etc etc, but a little summarised sentence or two or three of the plan of what they will try that week wouldn't hurt would it? Not just for this issue.. for EVERY (cannot emphasise this enough) major issue there will be in the future. A little Buisness to customer communication will show that you guys care about your players and not just see us as walking pixels or money signs. <3
  • darknes051
    darknes051 Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2015

sparkie can you please read your private messages? I send you one last month ( i think a month have passed and still no answer)
    I lost over 1 billion coin because of PWI bug/glitch (on that day server had problems too)b:surrender

I cant sent ticket, because GM said they will ban me if i do since losing that 1 billion was my fault not PWI fault!(thats what they said)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    darknes051 wrote: »
    sparkie can you please read your private messages? I send you one last month ( i think a month have passed and still no answer)
    I lost over 1 billion coin because of PWI bug/glitch (on that day server had problems too)b:surrender

I cant sent ticket, because GM said they will ban me if i do since losing that 1 billion was my fault not PWI fault!(thats what they said)

Really curious to find out what the **** is being said in tickets that PWI is using the ban hammer as a threat to customers recently.

I work in customer service and even if a customer is super annoying we never say "we will refuse to sell you product if you contact our customer service department one more time with claims of receiving damaged products or not receiving product".

If i lose my gear/glitch happens to me am i going to get banned too if i request a fix?
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    darknes051 wrote: »

Sparkie doesn't respond to his PMs. I'm still waiting on a response to one of the messages I sent him 4 months ago. He sometimes pops on the forums and replies to people in threads, but it's become pretty rare to get a response. I'd suggest using fake accounts to sent tickets on behalf of your old account OR sent tickets from your old account but (if you payed cash in the game at all) you could threaten to take matters to court.

It's unfair to the players that things happen out of their control. It's more unfair when the people holding the keys (PWE) refuse to accept that they are the ones who have to actually use the key in order to make things happen. PWE has track record of really bad customer support. Tickets are closed, ignored, auto-replied, closed before complete, responses aren't adequate or fail to grasp the concepts of the ticket, etc. It's on a client to client basis. One of the customer support staff may be super awesome and helpful and could reply right away, while the other staff gives vague references to areas you can post on the forums to get a problem fixed (even though the problem is server-side...).

Once upon a time in PWE's infancy, they actually had decent customer service and support. This included tickets, forums, in-game, etc. Believe that!
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • selphiro
    selphiro Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sparkie doesn't respond to his PMs. I'm still waiting on a response to one of the messages I sent him 4 months ago. He sometimes pops on the forums and replies to people in threads, but it's become pretty rare to get a response. I'd suggest using fake accounts to sent tickets on behalf of your old account OR sent tickets from your old account but (if you payed cash in the game at all) you could threaten to take matters to court.

It's unfair to the players that things happen out of their control. It's more unfair when the people holding the keys (PWE) refuse to accept that they are the ones who have to actually use the key in order to make things happen. PWE has track record of really bad customer support. Tickets are closed, ignored, auto-replied, closed before complete, responses aren't adequate or fail to grasp the concepts of the ticket, etc. It's on a client to client basis. One of the customer support staff may be super awesome and helpful and could reply right away, while the other staff gives vague references to areas you can post on the forums to get a problem fixed (even though the problem is server-side...).

Once upon a time in PWE's infancy, they actually had decent customer service and support. This included tickets, forums, in-game, etc. Believe that!

That's what you get in Redwood, Cali.
    A bunch of ***** 20 year old's who don't know what proper work ethics are even if it struck them in the face.

They do not have a professional staff for customer support, just a bunch of people who come in and collect a hourly rate of what I'd assume to be 9.5 to 10 dollars a hour.

Gaming studios don't pay much, to many employees and far to little resources to pay and profit at the end of the day for a company like this. PWI was bought back by CN from what I heard which would mean they were able to pick it up for a price to milk it until it is ran into the ground.

From here on they will move onto new games for the future and milk them for 1 - 2 years each then move on. This trend was set back in 2010 and has continued since. It's very sad because this game has so much to offer. Much more content and a fantastic story line if you read into each quest.

Also they should probably stop -Snip- 'ing threads when they are being called out and just answer the plea's. That would create communication at the least, shows you care.
  • kyrinrayne
    kyrinrayne Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Woot...I got my wizzy back and ALL her gear please go check your toons!!!

Thank you PWI I have faith again..omg...crying and so happy...-Happy Dance-

-hugs-
    Mer
  • dhudg
    dhudg Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i guess i didnt cash enought to get my toon fixed. first i thought u re spreading fake happiness, but it could actually be, that they fixed some players who cashed enough. i came home earlier, excited about one of my fav toons "fixed", but ok, pwi, i got it. another 3x exp/2x drop time to miss. freakin awesome b:angry am i really the only one, who didint get the error character fixed? pls tell me
  • darknes051
    darknes051 Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    Really curious to find out what the **** is being said in tickets that PWI is using the ban hammer as a threat to customers recently.

I work in customer service and even if a customer is super annoying we never say "we will refuse to sell you product if you contact our customer service department one more time with claims of receiving damaged products or not receiving product".

If i lose my gear/glitch happens to me am i going to get banned too if i request a fix?

well i did write in caps in last reply PLEASE READ MY CASE and investigate it

because they kept replying me with this list (in which case they dont return items)
    - Items sold to the NPC.(i didnt do )
    - Items dropped to the ground. ( i didnt do)
    - Items mailed to the wrong character. ( i didnt do)
    - Items bound to the wrong character. (i didnt do)
    - Items taken from the Guild Bank. (i didnt do)
    - Manufactured the wrong equipment. (i didnt do)
    - Decomposed the wrong equipment. (i didnt do)
    - Items traded to Alternative Account. (i didnt do)

All i did that day was- left my catshop online. After Maintanace i updated game and logged in and i had no coins from sold items. No big notes, nothing in bank. (that day and the next day DW had server problems as always)

I send 3 tickets.
    1st one they kept closing and thats why i send 2 other, but they close them too. So i reply in my 1st ticket again and last thing they said was
    Na**(the GM) : This is solved and final.My word is final on the matter. If you re-open/send another ticket you will be banned.

It was a game bug/glitch. I lost over 1 bil+ coins
    Now everyone else can see what kinda glitches happen now. Other person armor appears in other players inventory. (i heard even r9rr)that some cleric had r9rr wizard armor in inventory.

I actually gave up on this till few days ago friend told me im crazy on losing 1 year of farming , but then again what can i do? i will get banned if i send a ticket.