test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stormbringer amazing for Delta runs

Sylvae - SanctuarySylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Stormbringer
Went on a full delta run (eye) earlier, and the Stormbringer has a skillset designed to perfection for performing DD/partial tank with freebie gear.

Only used free morai gear, with some crafted OHT that I've had that is pure phys def adds. Mold for necklace and belt (Sky Demon/Slaughter) with 1,473 unbuffed phys def. Our demon form is on 2 minute cooldown, and would go up in time for the next wave each time.

We can go full out DD, but it isn't recommended at later points unless you have some really good gear. You will steal agro from DB with just the lvl 95 free morai weapon, and the shroud or recast shroud scythe will likely see you able to take agro from pretty much all other classes. Most of the time with DB and some defense aura it won't be a big deal with Demon Form up, and with a good group it should be possible to kill most of them quickly.

Positioning is very helpful in there. Stand right outside the DB of a wizzie, so that mobs travel through and stay inside the DB aura early on. When your form is near ending, use the aoe freeze and then move out to get some distance, and see how many may still be locked on to you. HP and use speed skill to get some distance, or if possible Lunar inside the DB to give damage negation, as well as time for another DD to deal more damage to switch some, or for a tank to fully grab agro before going some more.

We had some DCs during the run, think two people were dual clienting, had BB drop while the boss had phys def debuff on me and mobs still agro locked while running them around to keep alive; didn't have anyone die the entire fight. A well-played SB can even ensure there isn't any unaggro'ed mobs that can get by to drop BB, which seems to happen frequently whenever I cleric in one.

Over-all, with the sheer damage and speed of the AoEs we can get out, and the tank buff we can get during the main part of each wave, we have the potential to be the highest surviving most damage dealing class in there. We can safely keep heal agro from ever happening with ease, and have the ability to cast AoE after AoE non-stop. With end game gear, it should be easily possible to be both DD and tank in there. So if you're looking for relatively easy xp, definitely give Rebirths a go.
Post edited by Sylvae - Sanctuary on

Comments

  • Father_gold - SanctuaryFather_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    have you tried spawn yet? the nightshade buffs seem to be pretty awesome for rebirth runs.
  • Sylvae - SanctuarySylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    have you tried spawn yet? the nightshade buffs seem to be pretty awesome for rebirth runs.

    The issue with spawn point, will be gear. Especially on the wave with the boss that debuffs defense, the only reason my character survived was due to the eye's buff effects. So while possible you'll need a good tank, or to seriously curtail your damage output.

    Besides, people have this weird notion that somehow spawnpoint makes it take an hour less, which is mathematically impossible given Rebirth's mechanics. And with the damage output, and later tankability as SB gears up, doing it at the eye would make it very easy to drop waves quickly. This easily allows freeing up one APS person to gank the boss near spawn point, completely removing all but 3 minutes of time difference between the two with even more safety, since BB should not drop at the eye; unlike spawn point, where heal agro is unavoidable on waves that spawn around the party, instead of at the crest.
  • Father_gold - SanctuaryFather_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i like spawn because it is a bit harder, but i agree it is an issue of gear. the time saved would be the time it takes the waves to travel to eye but im not gonna start a debate of eye vs spawn b/c i like both.

    can't wait to roll a SB on my main account, currently im just paying around with one i made to be a jolly jones slave.
  • Sylvae - SanctuarySylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i like spawn because it is a bit harder, but i agree it is an issue of gear. the time saved would be the time it takes the waves to travel to eye but im not gonna start a debate of eye vs spawn b/c i like both.

    can't wait to roll a SB on my main account, currently im just paying around with one i made to be a jolly jones slave.

    Exactly, which is why ganking the boss near spawn point with one dedicated APS completely removes the benefit of spawn point over eye, outside the initial travel time of the first stage. The next stage starts when the boss dies, so the ganker controls that by killing the boss quickly. That let's the AoE focus on killing just mob waves, and also prevents the later bosses from dropping BB while it's happening. So total time difference will be the time for stage 1 wave 1 to reach the eye, around a minute or so by the eye group moving forward to greet final boss at about halfway.

    Also, most groups at spawn gimp damage against boss in the first while because they are still trying to kill the mobs at the same time. So more safety this way, less chance of mistakes (and every time someone says X character can go AFK, there's always been something go wrong). And even if you don't gank the boss, it's still only around 15-20 more minutes total. I'd rather save the coins and take less risk with the number of people who like to dual-box in there without saying they are. Too many times when something goes wrong, 2 or 3 are standing around doing nothing while the ones they focus on are trying to help get it back under control. Eye let's me safely ensure that kind of stuff happens very little while being safe without being OP geared.

    EDIT: Another thing to consider for eye over spawn point: drop nerf. Coins will be harder to come by, and saving money without wasting mana will be quite useful.
  • Father_gold - SanctuaryFather_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Exactly, which is why ganking the boss near spawn point with one dedicated APS completely removes the benefit of spawn point over eye, outside the initial travel time of the first stage. The next stage starts when the boss dies, so the ganker controls that by killing the boss quickly. That let's the AoE focus on killing just mob waves, and also prevents the later bosses from dropping BB while it's happening. So total time difference will be the time for stage 1 wave 1 to reach the eye, around a minute or so by the eye group moving forward to greet final boss at about halfway.

    Also, most groups at spawn gimp damage against boss in the first while because they are still trying to kill the mobs at the same time. So more safety this way, less chance of mistakes (and every time someone says X character can go AFK, there's always been something go wrong). And even if you don't gank the boss, it's still only around 15-20 more minutes total. I'd rather save the coins and take less risk with the number of people who like to dual-box in there without saying they are. Too many times when something goes wrong, 2 or 3 are standing around doing nothing while the ones they focus on are trying to help get it back under control. Eye let's me safely ensure that kind of stuff happens very little while being safe without being OP geared.

    EDIT: Another thing to consider for eye over spawn point: drop nerf. Coins will be harder to come by, and saving money without wasting mana will be quite useful.

    i somewhat agree. ppl that do spawn (in my experience doing it) finish mobs way before the boss spawns and for the later stages that one DD has to be pretty well geared. eye is usually for lower geared and spawn for r999 squads imho. that being said i like seeing huge numbers and will easily join an eye squad just to see how buffed i can get lol
  • Sylvae - SanctuarySylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i somewhat agree. ppl that do spawn (in my experience doing it) finish mobs way before the boss spawns and for the later stages that one DD has to be pretty well geared. eye is usually for lower geared and spawn for r999 squads imho. that being said i like seeing huge numbers and will easily join an eye squad just to see how buffed i can get lol

    I prefer eye nowadays, because of how many dual-box or AFK so frequently. They think 1 OP is good enough, which shows their inexperience in not getting that there are waves that stun, sleep, and seal. That OP stops their zhen, cleric goes next. I've done cleric role at spawn point, and had BB drop 5 times in 1 wave because the DD were clueless and didn't grab the other mobs that had surrounded us on spawn. They were attacking 1 together, while ignoring the 5 behind me that were aggroed from BB.

    Now with pill babies adding to it, it's going to be a whole new level of confusion. Spawn point should be able to be done with npc gear and +2 refines, seen and done it years before reawakening came out. It's just skill and awareness is required to do so. And that is in short supply, since the gear up creates a downward spiral. More power means less worry about ****-ups, which leads to complacency, leading to more ****-ups, add more gear, etc. So it's not a question of if something goes wrong now; it's whether there are enough people actively playing, with proper equipment (BMs having all weapons, not just axe or axe/fist), skill, and knowledge of the waves to properly recover.

    EDIT: And I've had a full spawn point fail on stage 8, because the OP R9rr seeker got slept too far out, the other DDs were standing around, and my cleric was doing DD and did so much, once seeker died I got aggroed and couldn't toss up BB without interrupt spam from when healer went down. The other DDs were basically worthless, and didn't even understand how to use their skills. Unless you know the group, even R9 squads can fail if they think their gear is greater than skill/knowledge.
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    storm might be AS good as some one day i have a rb2 lvl92 one but since my psy is op it just tags along on delta and since op class can go to spawn point and just one shoot mobs and at later stages just trip sparks and 3 shoot mobs....Storm will be just as good at killing the mobs and boss in time but id rather take my psy least it can heal itself and the storms heal skill it lame.

    P.S yeah eye delta is for low lvl/gear people spawn point is for OP and only take about 1hr 30 to complete
  • Sylvae - SanctuarySylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wolf359 wrote: »
    storm might be AS good as some one day i have a rb2 lvl92 one but since my psy is op it just tags along on delta and since op class can go to spawn point and just one shoot mobs and at later stages just trip sparks and 3 shoot mobs....Storm will be just as good at killing the mobs and boss in time but id rather take my psy least it can heal itself and the storms heal skill it lame.

    P.S yeah eye delta is for low lvl/gear people spawn point is for OP and only take about 1hr 30 to complete

    Except the storm is easier to survive with earlier on. And dishes out more damage safely before getting the OP gear. They need less healing, as they take less damage. And killing all waves in 30 seconds means they are always in +300% phys def while doing it.

    Once they are OP, it doesn't matter. Anyone in OP gear can solo it, and that's usually when you drag along alts for spawn point for free gear. So the end result is all kill fast at end game gear, but storm still trumps earlier on than that. And the heal skill works fine, just have to know how to deal damage while using it.
  • Ostara - Lost CityOstara - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Even as a lvl 79 SB I can't wait until I do a full gv. I love GV and with all of our aoes it won't be dull.
  • Joe - MoraiJoe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wolf359 wrote: »
    storm might be AS good as some one day i have a rb2 lvl92 one but since my psy is op it just tags along on delta and since op class can go to spawn point and just one shoot mobs and at later stages just trip sparks and 3 shoot mobs....Storm will be just as good at killing the mobs and boss in time but id rather take my psy least it can heal itself and the storms heal skill it lame.

    P.S yeah eye delta is for low lvl/gear people spawn point is for OP and only take about 1hr 30 to complete

    Lol

    First off, the healing skill (Lunar Blessing) isn't lame, it's the best defensive skill from all classes imho cause of the heal, only the CD is a bit long.

    If you want furthur heal then use 2 Ice/1 Thunder charge Supercell. Chi isn't rare for SBs, especially not in delta.

    The reasons why Storms will be the most OP/fastest class for delta are Avatar of the Storm, the doppelganger and 4 AOEs w/o chi costs + 2 AOEs with a narrow range and ofc Supercell. I do believe that a triple sparked, 3 thunder charged Supercell from my SB can already 1-shot the first wave of mobs and mostly the 2nd wave as well. That's with r9r Weap and G16 gears. Maybe ima record and see how far I can get with the SB in delta.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

    My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sylvae - SanctuarySylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol

    First off, the healing skill (Lunar Blessing) isn't lame, it's the best defensive skill from all classes imho cause of the heal, only the CD is a bit long.

    If you want furthur heal then use 2 Ice/1 Thunder charge Supercell. Chi isn't rare for SBs, especially not in delta.

    The reasons why Storms will be the most OP/fastest class for delta are Avatar of the Storm, the doppelganger and 4 AOEs w/o chi costs + 2 AOEs with a narrow range and ofc Supercell. I do believe that a triple sparked, 3 thunder charged Supercell from my SB can already 1-shot the first wave of mobs and mostly the 2nd wave as well. That's with r9r Weap and G16 gears. Maybe ima record and see how far I can get with the SB in delta.

    He was kind of all over the place. Why bring up damage received and needing a heal, when he's supposedly one-shotting the mobs. SBs take less damage even on round-ups, can use Avatar as a pre-round up for a short while where it gets attacked, not us, then SBs can one shot just as well with the same investment in gear. And our heal is full health, so we could go charmless and just use it once every other wave to regain all lost health. It's like he went huehue and didn't think things through.
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol

    First off, the healing skill (Lunar Blessing) isn't lame, it's the best defensive skill from all classes imho cause of the heal, only the CD is a bit long.

    If you want furthur heal then use 2 Ice/1 Thunder charge Supercell. Chi isn't rare for SBs, especially not in delta.

    The reasons why Storms will be the most OP/fastest class for delta are Avatar of the Storm, the doppelganger and 4 AOEs w/o chi costs + 2 AOEs with a narrow range and ofc Supercell. I do believe that a triple sparked, 3 thunder charged Supercell from my SB can already 1-shot the first wave of mobs and mostly the 2nd wave as well. That's with r9r Weap and G16 gears. Maybe ima record and see how far I can get with the SB in delta.


    best defence skill lol ok your forgetting venos Feral concentraction which makes you immune to all dmg for 10 seconds same 3 mins CD.
    Psy sprirt phalanx also 3 min cd and immune to dmg for 10 seconds and fully heals you but cost 2 sparks.
    Lunar blessing work more or less then same as these skills the 2 sec AD after its cast doesnt even give you time to cast a skill before its ran out so yeah its might be handy in some situations buts its not that great ....if your almost dead and NEED to use it your doing something wrong or pulling to many mobs.

    If our aoes could be cast while moving now that would be op but since we are like every other class that can aoe we are not having extra aoes doesnt help ...it might when your low lvl and not good gear but as soon as you get average youll only need to use 3 aoes so having all the "spare" ones isnt important .
    They should make all skills able to cast and move and while there at it fix using macros since most of the time PWI doesnt like you moving using asdw to move and trying to use a macro often it just does the one hit then stops or you need to stop then use macro then run such a fail PWI such a fail
  • Sylvae - SanctuarySylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wolf359 wrote: »
    best defence skill lol ok your forgetting venos Feral concentraction which makes you immune to all dmg for 10 seconds same 3 mins CD.
    Psy sprirt phalanx also 3 min cd and immune to dmg for 10 seconds and fully heals you but cost 2 sparks.
    Lunar blessing work more or less then same as these skills the 2 sec AD after its cast doesnt even give you time to cast a skill before its ran out so yeah its might be handy in some situations buts its not that great ....if your almost dead and NEED to use it your doing something wrong or pulling to many mobs.

    If our aoes could be cast while moving now that would be op but since we are like every other class that can aoe we are not having extra aoes doesnt help ...it might when your low lvl and not good gear but as soon as you get average youll only need to use 3 aoes so having all the "spare" ones isnt important .
    They should make all skills able to cast and move and while there at it fix using macros since most of the time PWI doesnt like you moving using asdw to move and trying to use a macro often it just does the one hit then stops or you need to stop then use macro then run such a fail PWI such a fail

    I am honestly not sure if this is just a huehue troll, or just terrible playing as a SB. It's kind of why I'm being incredibly vague as much as possible, while answering questions. I've seen crappy CSers troll to try to get their betters to give out their strats in much the same manner, and I'm not joining this time.

    Post on your "92 reborn 2" account, and I might take it seriously. Joe doesn't need to, he's shown enough that it shows he's actually played the class. But when people show utter cluelessness of their class, I'm not believing about them having one until the forums or evidence says they aren't lying. And I've beat out warsoul CS toons in events on my server, just by being more competent than them. Once we're equal gear, I will roll them like a drunk in an alley. And I ain't giving that advantage up for anything, least of all someone evincing no skill or knowledge in their play or posts. Especially with so many huehue's hanging around since December.
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If your to stupid to notice that other class's have a skill which does almost the same as lunar blessing this is not my problem i gave you two skills one from a veno and one from a psy that will do almost the same as lunar blessing.

    You must be the ONLY storm that thinks the moving and casting works well if you have not noticed that while walking around using keys and casting is not easy to do OR that while using a macro and moving often does not cast correctly.

    As far as i know changing avatars from this toon to the other toons i have on the same account is still broken so would be rather hard to post on the stormbringer and yes i did just try and change it and its still not working i could post from my other account but since i have no need to prove anything to someone that thinks they know everything and because i disagree with joe who can think what he likes about the class and you happen to agree with him i do get why you stick together...

    Maybe im to used to playing an op toon and this toon doesnt impress me much so far will all the bugs it has the toon has potential but all the OMG THIS IS THE BEST SKILL EVER etc is way over the top at best its slightly better than the other races version but i guess your easy to impress.

    On a side notice im now rb 2 101-100-100 SICKOSYCH and i do know how to play the class im just saying the class is buggy and most of the good skills require you to stop moving and since moving and casting was there BIG THING im not impressed you have to stop moving
  • bloodedone87bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wolf359 wrote: »
    If your to stupid to notice that other class's have a skill which does almost the same as lunar blessing this is not my problem i gave you two skills one from a veno and one from a psy that will do almost the same as lunar blessing.

    You must be the ONLY storm that thinks the moving and casting works well if you have not noticed that while walking around using keys and casting is not easy to do OR that while using a macro and moving often does not cast correctly.

    As far as i know changing avatars from this toon to the other toons i have on the same account is still broken so would be rather hard to post on the stormbringer and yes i did just try and change it and its still not working i could post from my other account but since i have no need to prove anything to someone that thinks they know everything and because i disagree with joe who can think what he likes about the class and you happen to agree with him i do get why you stick together...

    Maybe im to used to playing an op toon and this toon doesnt impress me much so far will all the bugs it has the toon has potential but all the OMG THIS IS THE BEST SKILL EVER etc is way over the top at best its slightly better than the other races version but i guess your easy to impress.

    On a side notice im now rb 2 101-100-100 SICKOSYCH and i do know how to play the class im just saying the class is buggy and most of the good skills require you to stop moving and since moving and casting was there BIG THING im not impressed you have to stop moving

    Clearly you dont know how to play a SB.
    I have no problem to move and cast in the same time. Its so ****** easy . And using macro cast perfectly fine. Clearly you must be doing something wrong
    b:bye
    giphy.gif



  • Sylvae - SanctuarySylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wolf359 wrote: »
    You must be the ONLY storm that thinks the moving and casting works well if you have not noticed that while walking around using keys and casting is not easy to do OR that while using a macro and moving often does not cast correctly.

    Maybe im to used to playing an op toon and this toon doesnt impress me much so far will all the bugs it has the toon has potential but all the OMG THIS IS THE BEST SKILL EVER etc is way over the top at best its slightly better than the other races version but i guess your easy to impress.

    On a side notice im now rb 2 101-100-100 SICKOSYCH and i do know how to play the class im just saying the class is buggy and most of the good skills require you to stop moving and since moving and casting was there BIG THING im not impressed you have to stop moving

    Casting while moving is easy, macro while moving is easy. If you haven't learned how, it's because you're too stupid to notice some skills will lock it up, while others won't. Something I noticed the first fricking time I bothered with a macro. Yay common sense. And this is without even using a 15 button mouse, which makes it even easier.

    If you are too stupid to understand how a skill which massively improves the tanking ability of a character is useful at lower ends of gear, that's on you. Reaper form let's you dish out damage without worrying about stealing agro and dying quickly during Delta runs. If you don't understand how that is useful, math is not your strong suit. Or playing.

    No, you don't know how to play the class. Because you can't even do the basic features of the class, don't understand how their skills work, and show every sign of being that CSer without skill I already mentioned. You're the exact type I have no intention of helping, when it does nothing for me to do so; yet makes it all the easier to get groups if I don't.
  • DarkSkiesx - DreamweaverDarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wolf359 wrote: »
    If your to stupid to notice that other class's have a skill which does almost the same as lunar blessing this is not my problem i gave you two skills one from a veno and one from a psy that will do almost the same as lunar blessing.

    You must be the ONLY storm that thinks the moving and casting works well if you have not noticed that while walking around using keys and casting is not easy to do OR that while using a macro and moving often does not cast correctly.

    As far as i know changing avatars from this toon to the other toons i have on the same account is still broken so would be rather hard to post on the stormbringer and yes i did just try and change it and its still not working i could post from my other account but since i have no need to prove anything to someone that thinks they know everything and because i disagree with joe who can think what he likes about the class and you happen to agree with him i do get why you stick together...

    Maybe im to used to playing an op toon and this toon doesnt impress me much so far will all the bugs it has the toon has potential but all the OMG THIS IS THE BEST SKILL EVER etc is way over the top at best its slightly better than the other races version but i guess your easy to impress.

    On a side notice im now rb 2 101-100-100 SICKOSYCH and i do know how to play the class im just saying the class is buggy and most of the good skills require you to stop moving and since moving and casting was there BIG THING im not impressed you have to stop moving

    Datalec speaks the truth. The move while casting is way overrated, badly implemented and glitchy. It's a decent arcane class but no where near the levels of hype displayed by endless posts of jubilation I'm seeing in these subforums.

    If every skill was able to cast while moving then sure, but you can't move or cast while stunned/CC locked anyway, in that situation you're praying for a puri proc same as every other caster, or you can use genie, same as any other class, lunar blessing looks cool but the long cd means it's not reliable in mass pvp.

    In terms of PvE this will be a fun class to play around with coz of all the AoEs, in terms of endgame PvP sin's will **** them, they have less 'survivability enhancing' options than clerics, wizards, psychics, mystics, venos. Even (can't believe I'm saying this) Archers have more defensive options, WoG, leaps, shell, stealth, condor.

    SBs have lower DD power than other arcanes, less control skills than other arcanes, even the debuff is based on resistances and we all know since primal these debuffs aren't as OP as they used to be.

    So we're back to the moving while casting thing, sure vs BMs and Barbs, but pointless vs anything else. Was expecting better, pretty underwhelmed.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

    DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Joe - MoraiJoe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I tested it and recorded the first 3 Stages of Delta which I solo'd with my SB.

    Surely...while AOEing it is useless that you can cast some skills while moving. This is many a huge + vs single targets. The overall DMG from the skills is still amazing and considering my SB is just average Nirvana G16 Style (due to the lack of R9rr) it went freaking well.

    Lunar Blessing is the best healing skill of all classes (if you compare it to Feral and Psy Will) simply because it protects you from any kind of debuff (and effect dmg like Mark of Weakness) and massively reduces the dmg you take. Psy will only protects you from phys-dmg and does not prevent debuffs aka it's alot weaker (with the upside of not being unable to do anything). But the best part of the skill is that it heals you completely. Even if you can get the most out of feral and psy Will when you use it in a critical situation you will still get your charm ticked. That won't happen with Lunar Blessing which is a friggin huge upside for this skill in very endgame PvP. The 4 sec immunity afterwards (if Demon ofc, sage is **** anyways) is also amazing.

    The dmg this class deals especially when using the 2 thunder/1 ice charge Supercell is amazing. Avatar of the Storm also contributes amazing dmg on lvl150 Mobs. Same goes for the doppelganger.
    In terms of PvE this will be a fun class to play around with coz of all the AoEs, in terms of endgame PvP sin's will **** them, they have less 'survivability enhancing' options than clerics, wizards, psychics, mystics, venos. Even (can't believe I'm saying this) Archers have more defensive options, WoG, leaps, shell, stealth, condor.

    SBs have lower DD power than other arcanes, less control skills than other arcanes, even the debuff is based on resistances and we all know since primal these debuffs aren't as OP as they used to be.

    So we're back to the moving while casting thing, sure vs BMs and Barbs, but pointless vs anything else. Was expecting better, pretty underwhelmed.

    Lol, no offense, but it seems like you did not really look into this class. Most AOEs, more CCs than any other AA class (Ice Bullet, Devouring Darkness, Doppelganger stun and demon tidal Force (which is pretty reliable with 70%)) which is already far more then any other AA class can come up with especially considering the CDs of above skills. The debuff is trully based on resistances but it is split in 2 (water and metal) which makes it pretty damn hard to counter them (anyone got HoS, but do you have a protection against water dmg?). Up to 145% res debuff is enough to kill anything. Surely not as heavy as pre-passives but with 145% less def you get hit way way harder ntl. Most Wizards and up only slightly higher on their fire debuff with spark (~160% mostly) and hit other arcanes for 15k+.

    Sins will be no threat to the SBs. With my current (still quite low gear) I managed to survive an Elemination from a +10 r9rr Dags sin in CotD (granted not full r9, just aps gears). It did tick my charm...but didn't kill me. Any other arcane in my gears would have been dead. Currently reducing incoming melee skill dmg by 43%...how is any of the other pdef perks avaible in this game even close to this? I don't even start about what happens if someone wants to aps a SB.

    We are not overrating them, you guys are just underestimating them big time. How could you make assumptions when there arn't even full +12/jaded r9rr SBs around. Judging from the DMG I get from other classes (even my own barb) I can safely assume that SBs won't be as easy to kill as you might think.

    BTT:

    Well see for yourself. Once it's uploaded I'm going to edit this post and provide a link. EDIT: herre goes:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdSD0U-cvKY&feature=youtu.be
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

    My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Casting while moving is easy, macro while moving is easy. If you haven't learned how, it's because you're too stupid to notice some skills will lock it up, while others won't. Something I noticed the first fricking time I bothered with a macro. Yay common sense. And this is without even using a 15 button mouse, which makes it even easier.

    I'm the idiot lol there are only 6 skills you can cast and move the one i use first is downburst since it increase your channel then cloudbusrt to debuf any of the other 4 .....sometimes the macro works sometimes it doesn't and its nothing to do with how there set up.
    There are a lot of people on DW than have noticed that moving while casting is glitchy just because you seem fine doesn't mean that everyone else is and shows that your only looking at your own side .

    If you are too stupid to understand how a skill which massively improves the tanking ability of a character is useful at lower ends of gear, that's on you. Reaper form let's you dish out damage without worrying about stealing agro and dying quickly during Delta runs. If you don't understand how that is useful, math is not your strong suit. Or playing.

    I never said that anything about Reaper form you moron i think its a nice skill and at low lvl yeah its make you alot more tanky but at end game it will still help sure but not much since at low level say like now if you have 6k phy your % reduce is low and adding any amount of phy resistance is going to help but when you get to 22k with buffs adding more will not reduce the dmg by alot youll maybe get 3% reduce more from that skill still people think if the number is higher it reduces more where its the % that counts not the number....but like i said nice skill.
    No, you don't know how to play the class. Because you can't even do the basic features of the class, don't understand how their skills work, and show every sign of being that CSer without skill I already mentioned. You're the exact type I have no intention of helping, when it does nothing for me to do so; yet makes it all the easier to get groups if I don't.

    i know how the skill work just fine just because my opinion is different from yours doesn't make anything i say wrong especially since EVERYTHING you keep assuming about me IS wrong...I don't cash i farm ive managed to make my psy r9rr+12 with deitys and i just bought with farmed coin r9r set for storm so yeah i have no idea how to play this game after 6 years or how to farm coin or play any race i seem to just get very lucky huh?

    Everyone can think what they like about SB skills i still thinks it needs fixing on some points and that having only 6 skills that you can cast while moving is lame we should have most of them able to cast and move especially the lunar swiftness(increase movement) and reaper form i mean wtf your running around and to increase speed you got to STOP to transform and get more dmg and phy resis you got to STOP thats just stupid but i guess you think thats fine and should have at least 2 aoes skills we could use while moving
  • demansfairydemansfairy Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wolf359 wrote: »




    I never said that anything about Reaper form you moron i think its a nice skill and at low lvl yeah its make you alot more tanky but at end game it will still help sure but not much since at low level say like now if you have 6k phy your % reduce is low and adding any amount of phy resistance is going to help but when you get to 22k with buffs adding more will not reduce the dmg by alot youll maybe get 3% reduce more from that skill still people think if the number is higher it reduces more where its the % that counts not the number....but like i said nice skill.

    Yes and No. While the number doesn't matter and it's about the %, the amount reaper form helps at end game is not going to be as low as you think it is. end game you're going to have about 35-40k p def full buffed which is about 90% reduction. With reaper form it should be close to 70k or so, which will probably bring you to like 94% or something(not sure exact amount, i know 50k is 92.5% so im making an estimate). While that seems like only a 4% reduction to phy damage, that's actually a 40% reduction which is pretty dam good. The reason being because you only taking 10% damage before you use reaper form, once you pop the skill, you are now only taking 6%. This is a 40% damage reduction form the damage you WERE taking.

    tl;dr End game reaper form going to make you close to unkillable 1v1 when you're buffed.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • Sylvae - SanctuarySylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes and No. While the number doesn't matter and it's about the %, the amount reaper form helps at end game is not going to be as low as you think it is. end game you're going to have about 35-40k p def full buffed which is about 90% reduction. With reaper form it should be close to 70k or so, which will probably bring you to like 94% or something(not sure exact amount, i know 50k is 92.5% so im making an estimate). While that seems like only a 4% reduction to phy damage, that's actually a 40% reduction which is pretty dam good. The reason being because you only taking 10% damage before you use reaper form, once you pop the skill, you are now only taking 6%. This is a 40% damage reduction form the damage you WERE taking.

    tl;dr End game reaper form going to make you close to unkillable 1v1 when you're buffed.

    Was wondering how long bad math was going to last. People were saying the same thing about the buffs to lunar guidance and other reductions for sage over demon. It's always funny when people use proof for their claim, that completely disputes their side of the argument in a way they don't understand.
  • caius775caius775 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. I must be blind or something because I see no issue with running while casting, I cant say for macros because i simply don't use them I feel manual is the way to truly become skilled with reaction time against lag and other players. Using frigid to cancel a wiz ulti is nice.

    2. Average AA class? Low damage? We seem to have forgotten what happened when mystics came out. Example in duels so no charm play here. lvl 85 SB vs 101 RB2 bm in g16 = bm got rekt twice in a row. Vs g16 barb = barb got rekt badly but i lost the first round but he had 10-5% hp. VS sin(S) anything g16 and below Rekt unless they can one shot me. VS = archers only managed to take on g15 rb2 archers and pull a win sometimes G16 arch hit too hard. Also lack of archers thats not r999 list goes on. By all means underestimate this class you'll lose to it every time.

    3. Lunar blessing i use to hate it when it was lvl 1, maxed it, now i love it also i believe a patch corrected a few things on when it actually healed you which i love it. Is it the best skill? Honestly no clue but it is precious the fact that it can make you immune to ALL debuffs is something to treasure. Also a 100% heal that cant be nerfed by psy skills or mystic aeu skill. Cleric i havnt tested. Point is its a great tech. in SB's bag of tricks key word versatile.
  • Sylvae - SanctuarySylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    caius775 wrote: »
    1. I must be blind or something because I see no issue with running while casting, I cant say for macros because i simply don't use them I feel manual is the way to truly become skilled with reaction time against lag and other players. Using frigid to cancel a wiz ulti is nice.

    Macros are for bosses, more as a way to curb damage than maximize it. It makes sure we can get our best damage out constantly, regain chi, and move around when needed, like for grouping up or scattering in FSP. We can actually cast while jumping in mid-air even. I'd hope no one is insane enough to use a macro in pvp, because I honestly can't imagine anyone doing that on any character and trying to claim they have any skill. That and auto-culti, but really don't do that much anymore outside of special events you solo anyways.
  • caius775caius775 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Macros are for bosses, more as a way to curb damage than maximize it. It makes sure we can get our best damage out constantly, regain chi, and move around when needed, like for grouping up or scattering in FSP. We can actually cast while jumping in mid-air even. I'd hope no one is insane enough to use a macro in pvp, because I honestly can't imagine anyone doing that on any character and trying to claim they have any skill. That and auto-culti, but really don't do that much anymore outside of special events you solo anyways.

    Ah I see, I still never used them. Except with DB I found it a lot less stressful just to string their combos in a macro lol
  • Mahidevran - ArchosaurMahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Believe it or not but Lunar Blessing heals you twice. Yes it protects you from all kind of debuffs and reduces the incoming damage and it maxes your HP while you are in the bubble, and after that you get immunity and if you get any damage before immunity triggers, it maxes your HP again after immunity activates.

    I see it as a mix of Veno's Feral (immunity) + Mystic's Nature Barrier (bless) and Psy's Spirit Phalax (maxing HP)

    Resistance against debuffs/CCs is what makes it special imo.

    <>

    Tbh, I got some trouble while running around and pressing the 1-9 or F1-F8 buttons but now it rarely bugs me. I'm used to it.

    Yeah, I don't like macros unless I'm playing my Dusk alt. I want to feel in charge and I feel like it's doesn't work fast enough for me when I don't hit the button myself xd

    <>

    Agree with Joe, we have a good deal of stuns, and I love it. And I guess Devouring Darkness is a paralyze so you can't resist it with anti-stun (Which means we are the first casters with a paralyze, no?). And yes, use your Lunar Shadow's stun after yours fades off. I love doing it.
  • Sylvae - SanctuarySylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Believe it or not but Lunar Blessing heals you twice. .

    Why would anyone not believe that? Everyone who's been using it knows that, and it's been posted on in other threads that it does that. There's no reason to believe or not on something that is a verified, and easily verifiable, fact.
  • Mahidevran - ArchosaurMahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why would anyone not believe that? Everyone who's been using it knows that, and it's been posted on in other threads that it does that. There's no reason to believe or not on something that is a verified, and easily verifiable, fact.

    I didn't see it on anywhere else but ok, just wanted to share my experience. I said that because skill description is not saying or even impyling something like that.

    And I think you're giving way too much credit to some people b:chuckle
  • Eoria - HarshlandsEoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    (Which means we are the first casters with a paralyze, no?)

    Venos get AOE paralyze on Primal Malefic Crush.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

    105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
Sign In or Register to comment.