Glassdoor PWI

slapyourgrandma
slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Anyone ever read glassdoor website? Tells people the pros and cons of actually working for the company.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Perfect-World-Entertainment-Reviews-E285012.htm
Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100
Post edited by slapyourgrandma on

Comments

• selphiro
    selphiro Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Kind of figured that would be there.

Horrible reviews, but it's no different in any company it would seem.

The only studio that I personally know doesn't seem to have serious issues as of right now is Riot.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    glass door the site is junk to begin with, but the reviews themself seem to be right on par with what employess have told me in the past. but atleast we know where a lot of issues are being addressed at, and they are not. Which tbh its nothing we did not know to begin with
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it is quite evident that 2~3 former CM's for PWI made extensive comments there, judging by the first page of comments.

i feel even less motivated to drop another dime, apparently all of our problems would actually be recognized if the cash shoppers stopped spending cash.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The post from May 22, 2014 looks like it was written for a 6th grade english class.
    The building is really big. You can play TV games, Ping Pong in the office. There are a lot of meeting rooms with really nice names:P

b:laugh
    edited February 2015
    The post from May 22, 2014 looks like it was written for a 6th grade english class.
    b:laugh

the person who said the good reviews were management and PR made me laugh, what an accurate statement. the same review listed this as the positive:

"All people are nice to work with.
    You get a lot of freedom to do your own stuff and opportunities to learn new tech."
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the person who said the good reviews were management and PR made me laugh, what an accurate statement. the same review listed this as the positive:

"All people are nice to work with.
    You get a lot of freedom to do your own stuff and opportunities to learn new tech."

It has China written all over it.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A lot of times Glassdoor reviews are filled with rhetoric provided by disgruntled former employees.

I just searched the company I work for and while a very few points I agree with posted by former employees, most are unfounded and sound as though they were written by people either 1. fired for not doing their jobs properly, 2. people that quit because they were expected to actually work or 3. people that work there that probably shouldn't because they have little work ethic and think they deserve more than they should for the amount of work they put into their employment.

The reviews make PWI's reviews look like a A+ class act.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It all makes sense now....
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've pointed out for a while service quality is affected by them being generally terrible to employees. b:surrender

But also why I try not to be a jerk to them, their job sucks enough without my making it more annoying.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That is a false, worthless site. There are no cons in perfect world. Only Pros.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That is a false, worthless site. There are no cons in perfect world. Only Pros.

Dude you suck off PWE better then Snoop Dog sucks the blunts he rolls.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Despite the correctness of your statement Zoner... Language please.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone ever read glassdoor website? Tells people the pros and cons of actually working for the company.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Perfect-World-Entertainment-Reviews-E285012.htm

Yeah, these have always existed for PWE on glassdoor, and isn't anything really revolutionary. PWE has a pretty stark record of quality in the work place. Technically, talking about how they are being received on Glassdoor is probably against forums rules. However, there isn't really anyone around to enforce policy anymore on these forums except the mods. PWE has all but given up on quite a few of their titles.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ehh people only go to that site to complain and get something off their chest. No one would bother writing a review if they were satisfied. There's a lot of selection bias at play here.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • selphiro
    selphiro Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ehh people only go to that site to complain and get something off their chest. No one would bother writing a review if they were satisfied. There's a lot of selection bias at play here.

Thing is that's how a gaming studio is. There really isn't anything different between one studio to the next.
    It is all pretty crappy from time to time. I've said this before but the only studio I can say that seems like it doesn't have any huge internal issues is Riot, but that's speaking from comparing experience to experience.

The game development world is far from cake and ice cream.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I see alot of complaints but I personally see alot of good chance to up your skills.
    Sure the work load is packed and the pay may be lower but thats a game company for you in most cases. A few more work hours a day is nothing compared to what i had back in japan as a temp game QA translator and that was 60hrs a week. But I guess the way I see it, its a good self training place as the place seems somewhat comfy. If they dump a bunch of jobs on me that are for multiple people with minimal raise, and i actually am capable of accomplishing that efficiently, then i sorta see it as a chance to get heavier reliance without the danger of getting fired for high pay (which is quite common in large companies idk why they think its good for pwe business model tho)

of course.. this may not be the best model to go by if its in the US. Here is like you just do your own work, and drop your stuff and go home at a set time. I actually had trouble doing that cause my first work was in asia. Whats written about PWE work place kinda reminds me alot of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015

language? What foul word was said? for that matter....what ToS for forum use did i violate? I merely made a statement comparing what that person does compared to something else similar.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
    edited February 2015
    I see alot of complaints but I personally see alot of good chance to up your skills.
    Sure the work load is packed and the pay may be lower but thats a game company for you in most cases. A few more work hours a day is nothing compared to what i had back in japan as a temp game QA translator and that was 60hrs a week. But I guess the way I see it, its a good self training place as the place seems somewhat comfy. If they dump a bunch of jobs on me that are for multiple people with minimal raise, and i actually am capable of accomplishing that efficiently, then i sorta see it as a chance to get heavier reliance without the danger of getting fired for high pay (which is quite common in large companies idk why they think its good for pwe business model tho)

of course.. this may not be the best model to go by if its in the US. Here is like you just do your own work, and drop your stuff and go home at a set time. I actually had trouble doing that cause my first work was in asia. Whats written about PWE work place kinda reminds me alot of that.

that would all make more sense if the company were in China, like you said. but here obviously from the tone of the complaints you can see that management style is not working well (well that is a matter of perspective, since they are still raking in buckets of money).

if anything to me, it is kind of an affirmation of all the QQ that has been going on recently. it also lets us know pretty well the only way to reasonably demand anything from the company and that is to just stop charging as a group. but that is an unrealistic goal, so that leaves putting up with these issues until something changes, whenever that is.

it should also tell you that our current and past CMs actually did care to do a decent job, quite a few people who are tasked with interacting with us actually cared about how good they did their job..... there is just a vast gulf in giving a damn or maintaining the quality of a product.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It seems i acquired some kind of Primitive angry ape man to follow me around the place.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Quoted from one of the reviews:
    Few people at this company care about the games they're making or have even played them. If a game is profitable, that is good enough. Text bugs are easy to fix, but all other issues are tossed in the database and left to rot indefinitely unless they have a direct effect on the game's cash flow. Emails to the overseas developers regarding issues are often ignored. If a game earns little money but has potential to be a really good game, there are few attempts to improve it; it instead receives less and less attention, causing it to perform even more poorly.

How true this is.
    b:bye