supercell

StabbyXIII - Archosaur
StabbyXIII - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Stormbringer
I was reading on forums about supercell to be a awesome skill that you can cast it like double and that the dmg is super crazy but from my 99 sb with morai 95 weapon is really not that impressive. Only use fullness I found was against magic rezist mobs but other than that nope. Could anyone teach me how to use it efficiently or cast it 2ce as you guys said. Thank you in advance b:thanks
Post edited by StabbyXIII - Archosaur on

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The problem is going to be the weapon you are using. While it is a ok weapon, the moria 101 weapon is quite superior to it and its damage can be pretty close to original r9 in pve with the right rolls. I see a lot of new toons that are going the warsoul route. Also your stats could be an issue as well.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Honestly i think the damage is kinda disappointing, the best thing about the skill is the bonuses, i personally spam the skill damage increase buff in pve.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • StabbyXIII - Archosaur
    StabbyXIII - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My stats are pure magic 1st 9 mag but really wasn't big difference from supercell and another skill like ice bullet for example. That's why I thought I'm doing something wrong and came here to ask for advice
  • natsuryu
    natsuryu Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nobody got things to share cuz I am interested to know
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    natsuryu wrote: »
    Nobody got things to share cuz I am interested to know

So test it out and be someone sharing. Seems strange to want others to share, without doing any sharing at all yourself. It's why a lot of us are just doing our own things, and keeping quiet. Especially when the few things that are shared, are either wrong or not useful for our personal play.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The usefulness of this skill varies GREATLY based on your charges.

For comparison purposes here's damage to the same mob in primal. Downburst dealt 4.8k

With 3 thunder charges it's like a wizard's blade tempest, unbuffed i dealt 14.7k to it

The other variations don't deal as much damage but provide extra abilities that depending on your play style can also be a big help. These variations all dealt around 7.6k damage.

3 ice gives a freeze (occult ice type freeze, I realize freeze is nonspecific since there are 3 different debuffs referred to as freeze in this game).
    2 ice 1 thunder heals you and gives you a -40% damage received buff
    1 ice 2 thunder gives you a 30% increased skill damage buff which doesnt appear to apply to your summons, but it's still pretty OP. I believe this takes effect after the damage from supercell itself, but someone who has done more testing than my very unscientific 1 attempt per skill sampling.

It's almost more like having 4 skills that share a cooldown than just having the one skill. I think depending on what youre doing in pve there will be much better skills to cast (avatar of the storm OP on level 150 mobs) but this certainly will have its uses, both in pvp and pve.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • MagicSkry - Morai
    MagicSkry - Morai Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Personaly i don't like supercell because of the chi need. If you are thinking just about the biggest damage you can do on single target, watch your charges, and focus on the cumulonimbus and the snowstorm! All you need to watch the charges, and it cost only few chi (you can spark or so if needed).
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Personaly i don't like supercell because of the chi need. If you are thinking just about the biggest damage you can do on single target, watch your charges, and focus on the cumulonimbus and the snowstorm! All you need to watch the charges, and it cost only few chi (you can spark or so if needed).

Supercell is more for downtimes of reaper form in pve to continue a set amount of DPS for sustained damage requirement bosses, if your tank can't hold all-out agro. If he can, you can swap order of skill use to stack damage in one concentrated burst (i.e. UCH dragon boss fast runs)

For PvP, it has its place, but also has certain gear requirements to be effectively used in it. That and it has to actually be needed, and also useful (at least somewhat close gear/stats) Most of the enemies nowadays are so bad, that even basic stats allow easy killing of much better geared toons from crystal time. And the ones beyond require decent enough gear as well. So even at later gear, the areas it is needed aren't that often in instances such as NW. It'd really require OP vs OP for it to really be a needed kick in damage.