Why I Am Quitting Perfect World, Again

aeaden
aeaden Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Suggestion Box
[I’m leaving some of my thoughts and impressions of PW. Ultimately, it seems the game just doesn’t fit what I’m looking for. Maybe it’s just me, maybe not. I’m sure a number of these impressions are well known. In any case, I leave them in the hope developers of this of future games will know what worked and what didn’t for one gamer.]

It has been several years since I played PW. Last time I stopped as a level 65 cleric because the grind got too bad. When I heard about the 95-instapills, I figured I’d give it another go. After all, the point was to get you past the grind and into the “real” content. So I created a new character and threw myself back into it as my old character was gone, though magically reappeared in the account after a week or so.

I checked out a few 95-guides people had posted so I could make sure I was going down a proper path. They all recommending doing cultivation first. Since I had no coin and some respectable gear is always a necessity, it seemed a grand idea (took a while to figure out that’s what the Book of Time was waiting for).

So let’s allocate some attribute points and start with the monsters! Oh, wait. [Long suppressed memories bubble painfully to the surface.] This is how you perma-****-up a toon. (They charge *how much* for an attribute reset?! Ridiculous, 100% resets should just cost coin, def. no more than 500/point. Experimentation and trying something new is part of the fun! Instead, it’s a way to get you to bend over. … Breathe, you’re okay. … In. Out.)

Ok, I’ll dig up the archer class guides later. I’m excited to get back into the game quickly, yet I don’t want to **** myself, so I’ll just allocate a small portion of the points now. I remember, if hazily, that most archers use light armor, which is a dex-heavy attribute, so that’s where I go to start (oh, how I pity the newbies when they realize what’s lurking for them … Breathe. Calm. In. Out.). Now it’s time for some monsters.

Oh yeah, battles. The first thing I recall when I start fighting monsters is how horrific the controls were. Target and press your attack button. Perhaps press attack again and… wait... for... it. Just trust that the key press will *eventually* do something. Don’t dare move, though—that’s not allowed while you use a skill (“skill”, lol, now there’s an oxymoron for you). If you want to use a different skill, you’d better be fast at that escape key because otherwise… you’ll… have… to… wait… to… finish. Oops, did I really press a different action and have that one queue up? Wish I would have known that when I pressed the freak’n button. (Yes, give the instant feedback that the action is queued next… personally I prefer the instant react to the skill, where pressing a new skill cancels the old and starts a new, that way there’s at least some timing skill involved, but whatever…) Alright, give it a little while and I’ve re-learned to tolerate the controls (not enjoy, not ever… just... tolerate...).

And onto the quests. Ah. I remember these. Collect four of these. Kill ten of those. Now fifty. (Sigh.) At least the cultivation quests are a little different, for now. I can even solo the level 19 quest! I remember camping out forever waiting for a group to come by on my first char oh so long ago. On to the next cultivation rank!

Oh. The next one is on the other side of the world. Well, guess I needed a snack anyway. (Yes, the instapill granted some teleports. But I’d rather save those for when I really need them. I certainly wished I had them as a level 65 the first time around.)

[Fifteen minutes later…] Great, I’m at the next place. Talk to her and… go… back….

[Fifteen minutes later…] Talk to him… and go to the other side of the map and kill XX number of ZZ… then come back. “Why am I still playing this?” I ask myself for the second time this hour. “For progress,” I tell myself. “I’m making progress towards the real content. And maybe, just maybe, there will be a slick skill this next cultivation that might be fun, but not too fun because you can’t really afford to level stuff up very far yet.”

[Fifteen minutes later, on the flight home…] “Was it like this the first time?” I wonder. “No, there was a lot more grinding in between the travel. Don’t you remember auto-cultivation?” “Oh, that’s right. Proof that even the devs know it’s mindless grinding, where the smarter you are the quicker you tire and leave. Maybe I’ll leave the bot on for a while and get a few coin for this next cultivation.” (And if it wasn’t so easy/mindless to battle, then you wouldn’t have such a bot problem)

[Comes back a little over an hour later…] Hey, I got the last of the mats I needed for the second safe extension. Let’s get it (because the store is so overpriced, let’s save our cash for something worthwhile) and auction the rest.

[Fifteen minutes later…] I remember the auction (sigh). I’d like a few pieces of armor to tide me over until the next Book of Time reward, let’s see what there. I see a few things for the newbies (like safe DQ mats) … and a few things for the ubers… and nothing else. Not a single scrap of intermediate gear in the entire auction listing. … “In Guild Wars 2 I could put a bid out for an item,” I think to myself. “And a listing lasted indefinitely. You could always find *something* listed. Yeah, Guild Wars 2 was a lot of fun. Why are you playing this again? ” I shake the heretical thought away. “Progress. I’m making progress. Must. Focus. Push past the pain.”
Hey. I just got an in-game mail. (A once-forgotten habit opens my friends list to see who is on, to reveal my years-old friend list overflows with the greyed-out dead.) Guess I have to find a postbox to find out what the **** it is (because clicking the mail icon to read even a subject line is too much to ask).

Well what do you know? I’m getting some cash on those auction items. I guess a lot of people with coin must be doing 95-instapill alts and need the DQ mats. Sold them, and a second round at a nice price. I got good coin, finally. Now I can experiment by advancing skills a bit (but careful, careful! not too much—that, with attributes, was how your cleric got ruined).

Things are working out after all. “See, this is what you’ve been waiting for,” I assure myself.

[cont.]
Post edited by aeaden on

Comments

• aeaden
    edited January 2015
    Then I die.

I’m a freak’n level 95 and Luminoc Architect kills me. I lose all the (what 2%?) experience I’d gained towards the next level … progress, at least one aspect of it, is suddenly gone. “Why are you playing this game again?” I answer, “To get to the new content… experience isn’t important for that. Really. Not a big deal. And I promise it’s not sweet lemons. Really.”

So I camp out and wait for someone else to come by. Oh look, here comes someone now. Nevermind, they’re already done. They had some uber who managed to one-shot Luminoc. Wait. Here comes someone else. Quick, quick. Join squad before Luminoc is one-shotted again. It’s simple this time, with two other people. Easy even. They had a Herc that just sat there and beat up Luminoc. I shot my arrows… but I didn’t have to. The other toons didn’t. Maybe they didn’t want the agro… or maybe it just wasn’t worth the effort. Either way, I got my progress checked off even if it made me feel like a wimpy, gearless 95’er.

And so it goes on. I die again, quickly, when I solo into the Valley of Disaster (FB59). So I decide to try the new Event Calendar. I had tried it without success for FB19 (mainly to see what it was), but figured I was too high level. So I hit the “Quick Party” button … and … wait. After a while, it says it cancelled the search. Disappointed, I try again. And again. And again. Still nothing happens. I do see a little indicator on the item that it’s searching, but nothing ever changes.

I chat to see if any of the people in the respawn point near FB59 are looking for a squad member, but get no answers. (There’s a dozen or so people, all seem to be afk. …so… many… afk. It *looks* like there’s people, but it always seems to be an illusion. Even toons grinding it out seem to be on auto a ridiculous percentage of the time. I have to wonder how empty the world would be if they had an auto-logoff after so many minutes…)

I decide to camp near the entrance of FB59 to see if anyone is going inside. After what seems like forever, I give up without seeing a single toon anywhere.

“Well,” I say to myself, “this is no fun. I could travel back to Arch and look for a guild.” It’d have to be a casual one, because I’m certain I’m not going to stand multiple hours of PW at a time. Then we’d have to get a party with the proper classes, which can often be a chore. It’s the new content, remember? Maybe then.

And then I wonder if the new content really going to be different. It would be the same game, with the same grind and the same flaws. Being level 95 with, now, some decent gear and skills hasn’t changed much (though killing a mob vs. a single is nice, when you get the chance). I got one-shotted in PvP when you had to die for that cultivation quest—that wasn’t fun, either. And any experimentation or collecting quite a bit of cash in the cash store. Maybe I’d find a toon build that was more fun, or maybe I wouldn’t. I’d already invested some cash the first time around, and left PW soon after. Would I be doing the same again?

I admit it is the same. There isn’t anything “fun” left. I have 0% experience. I can’t progress in my quests. Further, it seems all the additions to the game, like the “Sign In” in the event calendar, and roll call, and so forth are all additions designed to force people to stay on (you can miss 3 days in a month for the sign in rewards… 3 a month? You gotta be kidding me.). It’s obvious the company desperately needs to retain the ubers by setting such draconian reward levels. The awkward UI never got polished. Battles can’t change so fundamentally this far into the game—particularly if some percentage of the ubers disliked it. I remember a statement that the graphics were improved so that it was like PW 2.0… if that’s true it must have happened before I was around.

So the question I’m left with: even if the new uber content is as good as other games, is it worth it to get there? It’s doubtful. However, I think the strongest statement comes from the silent dead in my friends list. They all left. ALL left. Not a single one is left after four years. Not a single one came back for the 95-instapill to try the new content, in so far as I can tell. The periodic new content hasn’t kept a single one of them active.

And so I’ve decided not to “push through it.” Again.

PW just isn’t for me.

[cont.]
  • aeaden
    edited January 2015
    Some additional thoughts:

o I liked the character creation. That level of customization has become the gold standard for mmorpgs. I *really* liked ini edits, which allowed people to share looks with each other so if someone really liked “those eyes”, they had a way to share. Wished there was an easier in-game way to make such things shared and apply them.

o There seemed to be too many skills that aren’t really different or unique (many just change the damage type, which rarely matters). Setting up combo macros can help, but it still get unwieldy fast. Yes, you can learn to “deal with it”. But the interface is still poor. Several skills in each class aren’t worth leveling, ever.

o The world chat stuff is annoying. Look at why people are using it (lfg, trying to sell), and it will immediately tell you the biggest problems in the game. [People are screaming for help/attention.]

o I can’t turn off the special horn box or the system spam?

o I like the new magic class, which can cast and move at the same time, even if it just makes the toon feel more responsive. (If I could dodge, that would be cool. Maybe I could get my ‘ol cleric to survive that way.)

o The PW community feels like it’s on it’s last leg. Wikis and guides haven’t been updated for years, even when they needed updates due to new/removed features (even classes/races). Yes, even the official pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com still doesn’t have any information of the new classes/updates. (This page was last modified on 4 June 2013, This page has been accessed 188,479 times … it’s the official wiki, and hasn’t been updated with the “big content” releases?)

o The economy is messed up. Everything costs a ton of coin, or gold, mainly because there is a ton of coin and gold in the game. Crude attempts to fix it (like making all DQ worth 1 coin) generally hurts the cash-poor far more than auto-cultivators/botters. Even the teleporters cost a fortune, irrespective of your toon’s level. And, of course, the inefficiency of buying/selling lower and intermediate items only underscores this point.

o It’s easy to break your character (did I mention this? ;) ). Whether by investing in the “wrong” skills, or the “wrong” attributes, you can permanently cripple your toon to be worthless. Strongly discourages experimentation. These means you must depend on “guides” to play. If you do not find and follow a guide, you will not have fun for long.

o There’s no real loot from monsters, esp. normal monsters. Nothing worth an inventory spot. This is a side effect of being such a grind heavy game—you can’t have valuable drops even at a small percentage. So there’s no real reward for the battle, not even a chance at anything significant. The exceptions are “special” items that drop from very specific mobs. Of course, you’ll have to do a bit of research to see what is in demand, and then grind it out… which goes back to how the economy is messed up and inefficient.

I'm sure I can go on, but I think enough is enough.

If you’ve made it this far, congratulations. You’re now level 96. ;)

-LL&P
    (Live Long and Prosper)
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In summary, you came back to PWI thinking at lvl 95 you were into the "real" content, you thought the game was easier for a level 95 archer with 80 gear and tried to solo things you are suppose to do in squad. If you were playing for a longer time, instead of skipping most of your levels, you could realize was is your limit.

The thing with archers is that they are good DDs, but with crappy gear (like every other class) they are not going to survive long enough, not even in easy dungeons like BH59.

Also, what do you want world chat for? It is there for trading and form squads, every tele cost money, not everyone is up to waste 500k to chit-chat about the weather. I have been in many games, their world chat have the same purpose, minus the stupid necessity of consuming teles.

How is this a suggestion? You are not proposing anything but listing problems that affected you.
  • mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sooo to summerize.....
    things should be "free" and not cost money(gold)...like uhhh...reset stones..BTW other games dont offer reset stones and your just SOL and have to start over...
    so when i screwed up and had 50 in sth for my lv 25 cleric (what the hell was i thinking) i was happy to pay a few bucks to fix it and not start over

OMG....grinding takes soooooo long"...no kidding...nobody likes to do it... you,me or anyone
    but its part of the game and unavoidable.

the "evil" company actually wants to make money off of this.....really???? and that is bad...how?"
    how about investing in another laptop or tablet..
    .make another acct and have a 2 man squad of your own..
    1 questing..1 farming...multi-tasking
    .preferably a barb and cleric to start

ther is more than just questing and getting whacked in dungeons....
    like leveling a toon to lvl 4 or 5 taylor and buying TT armor parts in the AH and
    and make the armor then selling it for a profit...

but then again...im just happy not to be paying 16.95 per month to play,no free stuff at all and 50 bucks for expansions anymore....so spending a few bucks in this game is no big deal..
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here you go bro.
    I got you.
    hellokittyonline
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here you go bro.
    I got you.
    hellokittyonline

So... It really exist...
  • aeaden
    edited January 2015
    In summary, you came back to PWI thinking at lvl 95 you were into the "real" content, you thought the game was easier for a level 95 archer with 80 gear and tried to solo things you are suppose to do in squad. If you were playing for a longer time, instead of skipping most of your levels, you could realize was is your limit.

I don't believe I was looking for easy content. On the contrary, I quite enjoy a good challenge! But as you mentioned, you can only really do some of the things in squads, and I had a difficult time finding squads, even using the built-in "Fast Squad" feature proved fruitless.
    Also, what do you want world chat for? It is there for trading and form squads, every tele cost money, not everyone is up to waste 500k to chit-chat about the weather. I have been in many games, their world chat have the same purpose, minus the stupid necessity of consuming teles.

True, world chat is in many games. In most others you can turn it off, however, if you find it annoying. PW seems unique in that there is a special chat window reservered for spamming horns at you. If there's a way to turn it off, I haven't found it. I'm sure there's lots of people it doesn't annoy, which is fine. All I'm saying is that I found it annoying and it was one more negative taking away the experience for me.

The other point I tried to make is that often the world chat is a way of seeing what needs work in a game. If people are LFG, then it means they thought it worth the 500k or whatever it was because they were having a difficult time with it. It's an indicator of what can be improved for your community. On the flip side, if all the chat is about the coming server battle, and everyone is getting excited for it, that's a good indicator you're accomplishing what you wanted.
    How is this a suggestion? You are not proposing anything but listing problems that affected you.

I did put a few suggestions in there, but often the reasons behind suggestions are more important than the suggestions themselves. A developer can come up with something "really cool" that we don't realize is possible. But they have to know why. (Yes, I am a real-life developer).

Anyway, I'm just sharing my experience. Yes, I'm a more casual gamer than others on PW. That's ok. And if I'm not the target audience, that's okay too. I'm not trying to say the game is bad, just what didn't fit for me. On the contrary, if I thought the game was irredeemable I wouldn't have bothered to post at all.

-LL&P
  • aeaden
    edited January 2015
    Here you go bro.
    I got you.
    hellokittyonline

Lol, that is awesome! My little girl would love that.

-LL&P
  • aeaden
    edited January 2015
    sooo to summerize.....
    things should be "free" and not cost money(gold)...like uhhh...reset stones..BTW other games dont offer reset stones and your just SOL and have to start over...
    so when i screwed up and had 50 in sth for my lv 25 cleric (what the hell was i thinking) i was happy to pay a few bucks to fix it and not start over

That's not what I was getting at. I have put money into PW. If I feel like I'm getting value (as you did in your example), I'm happy to do so. I was trying to say that there are some elements that they decided to charge for that would increase the long term appeal to people. Right now, four years later, I *still* don't know what I need to do to fix my cleric. Part of it is attributes, part of it is I invested too much in the wrong skills (which you can't refund / pay to fix). I'm not going to pay to fix it because I don't know if I could fix it. Yes, I could go research and look in forums and find someone who has an uber build and try to duplicate that. But my personality isn't such that I like copying what other people have done. I enjoy experimenting and finding what works for me. The problem is that experimentation is punished (by a gold tax, if you will). If people stay on longer because they aren't punished for trying to make their own path (and don't get frustrated as I did the first time), they'll have a larger user pool and more revenue in the end, IMHO. It's about creating a welcoming environment for a diverse set of people.
    OMG....grinding takes soooooo long"...no kidding...nobody likes to do it... you,me or anyone
    but its part of the game and unavoidable.

I disagree. Making progress towards a long-term goal by no means needs to be "mindless" or boring. Unfortunately, many games of the current generation agree with your position. (It seems the asian games more often take this route, but maybe that's just the specific random sampling I've been exposed to).
    the "evil" company actually wants to make money off of this.....really???? and that is bad...how?"

Lol, as a developer I quite enjoy getting paid for my work. I have no qualms with those who charge for items, or subscriptions, or so forth. How you choose to monetize, however, affects what type of people will be attracted to your product. I think fashion is a great way to monetize because it's an entirely optional portion of the game, yet customizing the toons you spend hours looking at is a powerful incentive. On the other hand, if you have to pay a buck every time you use a skill you're going to find a small user base (though possibly a very lucrative one). It's a balance (as I'm sure PW is well aware). I'm sharing a few areas where I felt the balance was discouraging and frustrating for me.
    how about investing in another laptop or tablet..
    .make another acct and have a 2 man squad of your own..
    1 questing..1 farming...multi-tasking
    .preferably a barb and cleric to start

Someone else in one of my squads was doing that very thing. I tried it by creating a veno, though rather than having two computers I put one client on each monitor. Of course, the client feezes when it's not active (for botting reason, they say; though all the bots disable it first thing), but you can use the start button trick, which works. But, again, is very annoying. Hopping screen to frozen screen while in a boss battle just wasn't cutting it (still had one toon die while I was fiddling with the other). Could I put a laptop on the desk? Sure, I could do that. (Can PW run on a tablet?)
    ther is more than just questing and getting whacked in dungeons....
    like leveling a toon to lvl 4 or 5 taylor and buying TT armor parts in the AH and
    and make the armor then selling it for a profit...

I did that on my cleric, but I never made money on it. Crafting was a giant sinkhole for coin. ;) Don't know what TT armor parts are (obviously part of my problem). Your point is valid though, I could research the crafting better to find out what is worth crafting and what isn't, then find where to get the mats, on so on.

Your point, though, that's there's more than questing and monsters is certainly true. It's quite possible there's a delightful avenue I just haven't found yet.
    but then again...im just happy not to be paying 16.95 per month to play,no free stuff at all and 50 bucks for expansions anymore....so spending a few bucks in this game is no big deal..

Amen to that.

-LL&P
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You get to rebirth twice, which is essentially a free total stat reset each time. And some of those skills you regret buying, you'll want to have sage/demon after rebirth, as they're needed for primal skill upgrades.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • aeaden
    edited January 2015
    You get to rebirth twice, which is essentially a free total stat reset each time. And some of those skills you regret buying, you'll want to have sage/demon after rebirth, as they're needed for primal skill upgrades.

A rebirth, that's new and sounds interesting. Let's dig up what the wiki tells me...

"Once your character has reached level 100 or higher you can "Rebirth" (RB) your character. The process brings your character back down to a lower level (usually level 1 for first timers). Then you will have to work your way back up through the levels to you previous high level. This is where you gain more stat points then you would normally have had at that same high level. Being RB also allows you to do more special quests that can only be done by RB characters. Some of these quests will get you some special mats and War Avatar cards further enhancing your character."

Hmm ... going back to level 1 I think seems to be the opposite of what I was hoping for. Maybe that alternate quest chain helps. In any case, I'm glad to see something is there.

-LL&P
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You have 2 options:
    1 quit the game

2 learn how to play the game.

Reading all what you wrote I have come to the conclusion that you have no idea how to play this game. You are a Pill baby. You use an item to power lvl you. You skip alot of PW content. Content that would have helped you to learn your char.

You dont know why crafting skills are important for your toon, you dont know what rebirth actually does and why its a must for all ppl that play this game. You dont know what TT is and why you need those mats farmed in that instance.You dont know how to use your skills. You dont know alot of things.
    So if you still want to play the game start a new toon from lvl1 and learn how to play.
    giphy.gif

• mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "you use gold in the game"....you left that out of your first post didnt you
    i suggested you have two seperate accts on 2 laptops...you stated youd have done that.....
    .you left that out of your first post didnt you
    so your basically re-expalining your post???
    you make a post and when people answer you go into
    "i did not mean that".."i meant this" mode
    i dont have time nor do i want to read how I "misread" your post
    when your meaning is readily apparent...have fun playing something else
  • aeaden
    edited January 2015
    "you use gold in the game"....you left that out of your first post didnt you
    i suggested you have two seperate accts on 2 laptops...you stated youd have done that.....
    .you left that out of your first post didnt you
    so your basically re-expalining your post???
    you make a post and when people answer you go into
    "i did not mean that".."i meant this" mode
    i dont have time nor do i want to read how I "misread" your post
    when your meaning is readily apparent...have fun playing something else

Hmm. I did leave out details of my first post, those that seemed less relavant to what I was trying to say. It seemed rather lengthy already. ;) I do thank you for your advice. If I give it a go again it sounds like I want to look at a barb and a cleric, and that having two accounts isn't just something to try but recommended. I appreciate it.

-LL&P
  • aeaden
    edited January 2015
    Reading all what you wrote I have come to the conclusion that you have no idea how to play this game. You are a Pill baby. You use an item to power lvl you. You skip alot of PW content. Content that would have helped you to learn your char.

You dont know why crafting skills are important for your toon, you dont know what rebirth actually does and why its a must for all ppl that play this game. You dont know what TT is and why you need those mats farmed in that instance.You dont know how to use your skills. You dont know alot of things.
    So if you still want to play the game start a new toon from lvl1 and learn how to play.

"You dont know alot of things." Absolutely. That is a problem. And every noob will fall into that same category, as I'm sure you did when you started.

"So if you still want to play the game start a new toon from lvl1 and learn how to play." Okay. How do you learn to play? Not the basics, but the depth. Where do you learn which skills are important? Where do you learn about TT mats? What attributes should you put your skills into? I've gone from level 1 to 65. And recently 1-31. There's no in-game tutorials that help you answer those (and prob shouldn't be), and experimentation (which I prefer) is discouraged by the cost.

There are the forums. They seem a great source of knowledge as you are no doubt aware with your 600 posts. There seem to be some great build advice, how to make coin, and so forth.

All I'm saying is I enjoy figuring things out on my own. That experimentation. It seems to me PW isn't the right fit for that.

-LL&P
  • bloodedone87
    edited January 2015
    aeaden wrote: »
    "You dont know alot of things." Absolutely. That is a problem. And every noob will fall into that same category, as I'm sure you did when you started.

"So if you still want to play the game start a new toon from lvl1 and learn how to play." Okay. How do you learn to play? Not the basics, but the depth. Where do you learn which skills are important? Where do you learn about TT mats? What attributes should you put your skills into? I've gone from level 1 to 65. And recently 1-31. There's no in-game tutorials that help you answer those (and prob shouldn't be), and experimentation (which I prefer) is discouraged by the cost.

There are the forums. They seem a great source of knowledge as you are no doubt aware with your 600 posts. There seem to be some great build advice, how to make coin, and so forth.

All I'm saying is I enjoy figuring things out on my own. That experimentation. It seems to me PW isn't the right fit for that.

-LL&P

How do you think the rest of us learn how to play? How do you think some players have end game gear? And we didnt have in game tutorials either. But we still learned how to play the game.
    Where do we learn wich skill are important?
    Easy. After we finished each part of spiritual cultivation we learned the skills that become available. then we read the description of every skill and decide which skill have priority to be lvl up before others and so on.
    Atributes for skills? this game doesnt have atributes points for skills.
    those 5 atribute points you get each lvl are used to increase your psy or mag attack, psy or mag defence. depending on your class:
    Exemple: Arcane class needs over 305 mag points and 55 strenght points to wear lvl100+ arcane gear. More magic points add in increase the magic attack of the toon. Arcane classes have big elemental defence but small psychical defence whic can be fixed with psychic defence belt and necklace with good refines.
    Heavy class needs over 300 str points to wear heavy armor gear. But it also depends on each class: Barb will need just 60 dex points for end game weapon while seekers will need 155 dex points for their end game weapon. BM needs over 305 str points and 55 dex for their end game weapon but they need aprox 200 dex points for claws and fists.More str points will increase psychical attack and defence.
    Light class needs over 305 dex points and over 105 str points for their lvl100+ gear. their dexterity points will increase their psychical attack.
    Both light and heavy classes got high psychical defence( heavy ones more than light) but small elemental defence that can be increase with elemental neckclace and belt with good refines.
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    edited January 2015
    About TT mats:
    TT stands for Twilight Temple an instance that you can start at lvl60
    the instance its devided in 3:
    1 Requim of the wraits
    2 Symphony of fate
    3 Aria of dawn
    Each of these are also devided in 3:
    Requim of the wraits:
    1-1 Chronol -lvl60+
    1-2 Dimensic LVL68+
    1-3 Substancia LVL 76+
    Symphony of fate
    2-1 Substancia
    2-2 Naught
    2-3 Null
    Aria of Dawn
    3-1 Null
    3-2 Vacuity
    3-2 Doom
    Each of these can be done in solo mode and squad mode
    For solo mode you can open alone, the bosses are weak but very low mats droped .
    For squad mode you need 4 ppl to open( you and other 3) , the bosses are much harder to be killed but mats drop is higher.
    Each of this parts have mobs and bosses that requires to be killed.
    Mobs needs to be killed to weakend the bosses so they dont 1 shot the players. For 1-1, 1-2 . 1-3 and 2-1( i think 2-2 also not sure) you dont need to kill mobs to weaken the boss but you will kill them cause they will stand in your way to get to the bosses bb:chuckle.
    Bosses needs to be killed so you can get the mats to make TT armors and weapons.Also some bosses needs to be killed so you can open doors inside instance and advance to the other bosses.
    You can craft your TT gear at Twilight Forges that can be found inside Twilight Temple at the entrance and in south Archosaur near General Summer.
    Each forge will tell you exactly what mats you need for every part of your gear.

More about TT in this guides:

https://www.google.ro/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpwi-forum.perfectworld.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D306941&ei=gpjNVJPROIfZPbTvgPAC&usg=AFQjCNH7WwawDg8EgWcXnr9KuG4OejttJQ&sig2=yyHGvxJpydWjal1fTc8NUQ

https://www.google.ro/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpwi-wiki.perfectworld.com%2Findex.php%2FTwilight_Temple_Mats&ei=gpjNVJPROIfZPbTvgPAC&usg=AFQjCNHBAxzqmOjLSD8_23FREoTR4IrOTg&sig2=vKCNww_NoLdkgsK7odDSOg
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Here you go bro.
    I got you.
    hellokittyonline

I am laughing now till I can cause once a mod sees this it would probably be delatedb:laughb:laughb:laugh
    giphy.gif

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I decided to snip the quotes since they would otherwise take a lot of space considering I'm writing rather long response to the OP. However, I think you've got some things mixed up here and maybe some additional research could have helped you avoid some trouble.

So, the snipped quotes are your starter post 1, 2 and 3.

-snip

It seems like you were looking for an easy start, which makes me wonder are MMOs the type of game for you at all. Journey should matter more than the destination, and even boring grindfest can be made more interesting with little imagination. In comparison to back then leveling is also lot faster and smoother now, along with many new options to gain experience, including instances.

Book of Time is very self-explanatory, I do not understand how people do not get how it works. It reads in the tooltip.

If you'd have done some research you'd have found out that rebirthing allows you to restat points for your toon. Very easy, very cheap. Also the amount of time that is needed to search for the right build does not take all that long. A lot of it comes down to common sense.

Now, I saw you criticize rebirth in your later posts, however I'm not quite sure if you understand how FAST it is to level up as reborn. You could potentially get back to 100 in 2-3 days if you really wanted to. That is not a bad deal at all. It is also very smooth leveling if you have some average gears.

As for skill controls... Well, it is an old game and may seem quite simple to some players. New class Stormbringer can, however, cast while moving so if you long for better gameplay on that aspect you could always try out that class.

I'm not sure if I understand the next parts of your post correctly. You complain about long traveling distance and having to kill a lot of this and that, however if it was CULTIVATION quests you were working on (and should have been)... Those mostly include bosses and while yes there is some flying around the map (mainly because you have to do 9-89 culti all in one go) it is certainly not that bad. The amounts of mobs to be killed for the quests have been significally reduced. Also, if you want to do other quests effectively, stick to one area and pick all the quests, complete them, turn them in, move to next area. Less time spent traveling around. Ingame encyclopedia will help you with this.

I still do not understand what did you do to have a boring grind/flying around for hours. Most level 95 players will first do cultivation (bosses and dungeons included) and then move onto Morai quests. This description does not give me impression that you were doing either of these.

As for the quest to increase safe slots... at your level I'd just rather buy the mats or make a low level toon for farming materials. For extra coin it'd be best to do the Tideborn quest chain which isnt as tedious as most of the other quest lines out there and it gives a fair amount of coin.

As I said earlier, I think you really did not do enough research to be ready for the 95-level. Auction is not the big -thing- anymore for getting some suitable level 95 gear (unless you buy tt 90). From Morai you'll get lvl 95 gear set for free (provided you DO need the book of time gears to complete your Morai quests). As for some gear just to survive with til you reach 95 you could have went into some low level instance say 29 or 39 to get some of the low level gear to go with the pieces of the book of time gear you have. That gold gear is really enough for doing your culti and for bosses you'd need help regardless.

-snip

What did you seriously expect when you fought Luminoc Architect? It is a boss. You're an archer. Archer is not a solo class, which you very well know if you did even some little research. And Luminoc is one of the harder-hitting bosses out there.

The autoparty feature isn't widely used because it got introduced to the game so late and it is bit of a hidden feature as well. I think they should improve it.
    However, finding a party for culti 59 is not hard. You have some free tele-acoustics? Use them. If not, due to the insta-95 pill, it was really YOUR choice to jump to that level without any gear, coin or other needed items. As you level up they will grant you lot of free items, even for completing quests (Perfect Questmaster) nowadays. However, you will not get some of this content if you instalevel to the 95 without having any idea what you're up to. As for 59, I do see squads formed for it in world chat quite often, and forming one usually does not take more than a tele or two at least on Raging Tide. That instance isn't meant to be soloed for undergeared archers either.

You probably won't see anyone going in Disaster by camping nearby it because most of them use illusion stone and they get teleported inside the dungeon portal that will teleport them in dungeon. Not many go there the normal way. As for asking the people who spawn at King's Feast... They could be doing sometihng else. Sometimes people simply do not notice PMs, sometimes they do not understand and sometimes they do not care.

How do you know the game is the same with just a little look, as a level 95 with no gear and no clue on how most of the things work nowadays? I think that is bit unfair judgement. I do admit PWI has it's flaws, but you're blaming the game for something you havent even really experienced or tried. Many of the new instances differ a lot from the old ones. Primal World is a brutal place with hard hitting mobs and somewhat challenging, yet relatively short questlines but there you have no access unless you rebirth. And so on. Even the new starter area changed a lot, and traveling times are not bad. Neither are the quest completion times.

-snip

I'm... not sure what you're going after with the no point in learning several skills as a class. Have you tried all classes? Certainly not. Blademasters, barbarians, venomancers, mystics and psychics for example have a TON of variety in their skills. The new classes don't even have all of their skills released and even they have lot of damage skills, they're more complex than it seems due to the combos of Duskblade and charges of Stormbringer.
    I guess it's mainly archers and wizards that can seem dull due to their skill sets. Maybe that isn't just a class for you.

World chat annoys you? Don't look at world chat.

Horns cannot be turned off which is a flaw I agree with, same with the system spam. However, every game will have their flaws.

I think the easiest way to "cripple" your toon is by powerleveling without knowing what it means. This is the choice you made. Not the fault of PWE.

I could go on but I think I've typed enough. This is just how I see it, and I think you shouldn't give up because you tried sometihng new and didn't really catch the purpose of it. The 95 pill was mainly meant for the players who already have a high level toon main.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sweetiebot, please award Colum - Raging Tides 5 points for brilliance.

That was magnificent, omg. b:laugh
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sweetiebot, please award Colum-Raging Tides 5 points for brilliance.
    Umm, is 'Colum-Raging' really the right name for this?
    Try using their exact name with server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Umm, is 'Colum-Raging' really the right name for this?
    Try using their exact name with server.

Sorry, fixed on phone typing. QQ
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry, fixed on phone typing. QQ

Server name is Raging Tide but thanks for the thought. b:avoid
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • myxnamexisxkira
    myxnamexisxkira Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So let’s allocate some attribute points and start with the monsters! Oh, wait. [Long suppressed memories bubble painfully to the surface.] This is how you perma-****-up a toon. (They charge *how much* for an attribute reset?! Ridiculous, 100% resets should just cost coin, def. no more than 500/point. Experimentation and trying something new is part of the fun! Instead, it’s a way to get you to bend over. … Breathe, you’re okay. … In. Out.)

Most people when making a character havea build in mind or have done research on classes. That being said, if you still bugged up your build you can reset it for free when you reach 100 and reawaken. With all the new dailies, quests updates and dailies, 100 isnt that hard of a goal to strive for even with npc or dungeon dropped gear.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So Basically: Even with a insta 95 pill, the game doesn't get any easier. Getting gear is hard for newbies, battle is unrewarding since all mobs' drops are worthless and the content is really lame and boring. I guess I can agree with that.

Imo this game is only capable of holding the people who have been here for years and are already started and involved with other people in the game. If it wasn't for that, there would absolutely no reason to play.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So Basically: Even with a insta 95 pill, the game doesn't get any easier. Getting gear is hard for newbies, battle is unrewarding since all mobs' drops are worthless and the content is really lame and boring. I guess I can agree with that.

Imo this game is only capable of holding the people who have been here for years and are already started and involved with other people in the game. If it wasn't for that, there would absolutely no reason to play.

Which is pretty much which happens with every mmo ever.
    First you build up a player base, then you hang on to them, then you put a bullet through it.

I can't think of a single MMO that doesn't work like that.
    Some just do it (a lot) better than others.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.