Lags -.-

zuxxeshb
zuxxeshb Posts: 9 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Since a few weeks the east servers are lagging badly... mostly around 12 o clock servertime.
I pritty much look forward for a FIX of that -.-
Lost 50% hypertimes/exp/fun ect. cause of that.
Il hope we get somn back instead of just loosing stuff n lagin badly ...
I know people will laugh cause tellin me "pwi and give somn bk in that case ?" ikik i playin this game since closed beta on malay server and i never saw those happen... Adding new stuff but never fix the worst things on it b:angry
Maybe it just come to my brain that i am going to deinstl pwi and look for some games the dev´s work on or "care" about what people loosing cause of this lags b:shutup
This lags just makin me tired doin somn/play b:surrender ffs
Post edited by zuxxeshb on

Comments

• Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i'll save sylen's time and answer you quickly.

lag issues are PWE's fault per se. there are a multitude of reasons for the issues we are encountering and i agree they are frustrating.

visit the tech support section if you want to now more, but blaming PWE is not really the answer to your anger.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zuxxeshb wrote: »
    Since a few weeks the east servers are lagging badly... mostly around 12 o clock servertime.
    I know people will laugh cause tellin me "pwi and give somn bk in that case ?" ikik i playin this game since closed beta on malay server and i never saw those happen... Adding new stuff but never fix the worst things on it b:angry
    Maybe it just come to my brain that i am going to deinstl pwi and look for some games the dev´s work on or "care" about what people loosing cause of this lags b:shutup

I bet you did come from PW-MY, as your grammatical structure of writing clearly shows. There is a good chance that the issue you are facing is more than likely a region router issue or on your end. You failed to provide any form of ping tracert or any information that could help someone determine the cause of your problem. Furthermore, if you can't follow basic guidelines on how to ask questions regarding lag and connectivity, please do "deinstl" the game -- whatever that means.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Is it sad that the reason I made the sticky is so I could stop copy-pasting stuff that I put in the sticky, and now I just have to keep pointing to people to read the damn sticky?

For those who are intellectually challenged at following direction to find the Technical Support Forum,

1. Click Here.
    (If it's not obvious that that is a hyperlink there, please unplug your modem and forget that the internet exists.)

2. Click on the Sticky thread that looks like this.....
    Sticky: BEFORE YOU POST ~ Please Read This
    (If you don't understand how links on web pages work at this point, you may want to consider taking some remedial class on using the internet. I hear there are online courses for that...)

3. Read the entire first post very thoroughly. Then you'll want to pay particular section to this link inside that first post....
    -> Trouble connecting to the server, or keeping a connection?

NOTE: This process requires the ability to read and comprehend the content. You will also need to be able to follow specific instructions. If you are unable to perform these basic functions, then I recommend finding a ball to play with outside and re-attending grade school.

Also note, most of the side comments are meant to be humor for the majority of intelligent readers.
    If you cannot perform the tasks though, I am deadly serious. Go get your head checked before you bother posting again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Lol IMO 95% of time server lag is 0% pwe's fault. My computer lags badly on PWI when I have other programs running or if it's been awhile since restart maybe try that.

I also close out a lot of programs via task manager that I don't need and my computer is probably the crappiest you can get 1.5 gb RAM very very very old graphics card and besides the hiccups or complete d/c of the game I haven't had bad lag the last few weeks [east coast]
  • malemiki
    malemiki Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm also experiencing major lag issues as well so don't worry, it's annoying and i've done everything to fix it but it's whatever, you'll just have to live with it or see if any of the solutions given above will help
  • zuxxeshb
    edited January 2015
    I bet you did come from PW-MY, as your grammatical structure of writing clearly shows. There is a good chance that the issue you are facing is more than likely a region router issue or on your end. You failed to provide any form of ping tracert or any information that could help someone determine the cause of your problem. Furthermore, if you can't follow basic guidelines on how to ask questions regarding lag and connectivity, please do "deinstl" the game -- whatever that means.

1st. I am not from the states, i am german and started to play "pwi" before the german servers came out. Plus the problems that people had on "PW-MY" are nearly the same like the ones in states. (means the game itself never had a realy good working "gamefix) sigh...
    2cnd. I am so 100% sure that its not my router/technical problem (i own pritty good hard&software even my old mobile would be able to let pwi run.) but blaming routers is ez right?
    3rd. I spend alot time and money also for the joy with pw"i" * u get that i on the end? if not it means INTERNATIONAL* sigh
    4th. Maybe it looks a bit mad how i put this post up, but i just see on ure answer that you are just one of those guys that realy dun care as long its not one of your problems b:surrender

And at last...
    all i want is a nearly lagfree game experience and not just loosing exp/hypers/money ect.b:surrender East servers never had that kind of problem bevor the eclipse addon came out.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Chipset

Northbridge Intel Ivy Bridge rev. 09
    Southbridge Intel Z77 rev. 04
    Graphic Interface PCI-Express
    PCI-E Link Width x16
    PCI-E Max Link Width x16
    Memory Type DDR3
    Memory Size 8 GBytes
    Channels Dual
    Memory Frequency 799.9 MHz (1:6)
    CAS# latency (CL) 11.0
    RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 11
    RAS# Precharge (tRP) 11
    Cycle Time (tRAS) 29
    Command Rate (CR) 2T

Display Adapters

Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Board Manufacturer GIGABYTE Technology

Software

Windows Version Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Home Premium Edition 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
    DirectX Version 11.0

T-Com Speedport W 723V DSL-Router
    DSL 16.000
    edited January 2015
    1st. I am not from the states, i am german and started to play "pwi" before the german servers came out. Plus the problems that people had on "PW-MY" are nearly the same like the ones in states. (means the game itself never had a realy good working "gamefix) sigh...
    2cnd. I am so 100% sure that its not my router/technical problem (i own pritty good hard&software even my old mobile would be able to let pwi run.) but blaming routers is ez right?
    3rd. I spend alot time and money also for the joy with pw"i" * u get that i on the end? if not it means INTERNATIONAL* sigh
    4th. Maybe it looks a bit mad how i put this post up, but i just see on ure answer that you are just one of those guys that realy dun care as long its not one of your problems b:surrender

And at last...
    all i want is a nearly lagfree game experience and not just loosing exp/hypers/money ect.b:surrender East servers never had that kind of problem bevor the eclipse addon came out.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Chipset

Northbridge Intel Ivy Bridge rev. 09
    Southbridge Intel Z77 rev. 04
    Graphic Interface PCI-Express
    PCI-E Link Width x16
    PCI-E Max Link Width x16
    Memory Type DDR3
    Memory Size 8 GBytes
    Channels Dual
    Memory Frequency 799.9 MHz (1:6)
    CAS# latency (CL) 11.0
    RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 11
    RAS# Precharge (tRP) 11
    Cycle Time (tRAS) 29
    Command Rate (CR) 2T

Display Adapters

Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Board Manufacturer GIGABYTE Technology

Software

Windows Version Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Home Premium Edition 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
    DirectX Version 11.0

T-Com Speedport W 723V DSL-Router
    DSL 16.000
    Because PW-MY didn't connect to the internet, so lag issues cause by the many points your data might have gone through obviously didn't have any effect. Believe whatever you want dude. The version on PW-MY was more stable for current systems that what we have now since the engine was displaying a LOT less graphic detail and there was a lot less activity to put a load on your system. There was also a lot smaller load on the servers due to an incredibly smaller community. But hey, believe whatever bs you want.

You suck at providing information too. You have basically the same GPU I do, the same amount of RAM, and twice the CPU. from your basic internet information, you probably have about the same internet bandwidth as I do as well, but you failed at even providing complete info there.
    I average about 30-40 FPS and my usual round-trip ping is between 150 and 250ms. The rest of your information is just pissing into the wind and completely useless.

If you happen to play on a US server, while not being IN the US, your lag issue is going to be the Atlantic ocean and the resulting intercontinental network hubs. (Unless you get routed through Asia, then your lag issue is the Phillipines, and the Pacific Ocean.)

I don't care if you have a quantum processor and light-speed internet. If you go though any other device between your network and PWE's, you are subject to latency from a device completely out of your, or PWE's, control. Usually several of them. Why is it so hard for people to grasp this concept?

What's even worse, is that I am actually trying to help you guys figure it out and make an attempt at improving your situation. Unfortunately, you're too stupid/self-centered/ignorant to actually attempt to make your situation better. You'd much rather sit and whine like some child, than to actually attempt to do something to improve your situation. Which is pretty freaking sad.

(Yes, this post was a bit rough on the edges. Seriously though, the clueless-ness from everyone with a lag issue is just astounding.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zuxxeshb
    edited January 2015
    Because PW-MY didn't connect to the internet, so lag issues cause by the many points your data might have gone through obviously didn't have any effect. Believe whatever you want dude. The version on PW-MY was more stable for current systems that what we have now since the engine was displaying a LOT less graphic detail and there was a lot less activity to put a load on your system. There was also a lot smaller load on the servers due to an incredibly smaller community. But hey, believe whatever bs you want.

You suck at providing information too. You have basically the same GPU I do, the same amount of RAM, and twice the CPU. from your basic internet information, you probably have about the same internet bandwidth as I do as well, but you failed at even providing complete info there.
    I average about 30-40 FPS and my usual round-trip ping is between 150 and 250ms. The rest of your information is just pissing into the wind and completely useless.

If you happen to play on a US server, while not being IN the US, your lag issue is going to be the Atlantic ocean and the resulting intercontinental network hubs. (Unless you get routed through Asia, then your lag issue is the Phillipines, and the Pacific Ocean.)

I don't care if you have a quantum processor and light-speed internet. If you go though any other device between your network and PWE's, you are subject to latency from a device completely out of your, or PWE's, control. Usually several of them. Why is it so hard for people to grasp this concept?

What's even worse, is that I am actually trying to help you guys figure it out and make an attempt at improving your situation. Unfortunately, you're too stupid/self-centered/ignorant to actually attempt to make your situation better. You'd much rather sit and whine like some child, than to actually attempt to do something to improve your situation. Which is pretty freaking sad.

(Yes, this post was a bit rough on the edges. Seriously though, the clueless-ness from everyone with a lag issue is just astounding.)

oO? Omg ^^ Realy? ^^ I tell u somn... even the guys in east have those problems and u blame the net 4 it still? M8 i got tons of games wich i play everywhere on earth with much more data going true the lines and i always got a fine ping around 150+- (EU= 40-60 ping)but never above 200 plus, i dun got diashows on games like pwi gives me at the moment ^^ and this lil game shall bring so much date true the netline?! woohoo ... awesome...
    Also i told its around 12:00-16:00 server time (ya when all the people from work/school try 2 log on the server get stressed out and result in lags(1-5min screenfreezes).
    Im not a kid anymore also .....so dun blame the age *sigh*
    lil side question? huh are u and how old are u? dun blame the net/hard or software when the server capacity is just "weak" (thats it sad just sayin)
    Also what i tryed to explain is that those lags *well atm more like a diashow* never whas there before the new addon came out so what?
    There "is" a problem cause people from east/uk/europe have the same lag/diashow problem like i have, i just bring this topic up cause im not one of those huh just crys in worldchat how bad the lags are at the moment.
    Maybe work on better servers that not get stressed out that much would help. people are spending money for alot games on arc or not ? where does the money go to? in some pockets? or maybe just get better servers for it? *sight*

Well i see the u wont feel me thats all, so this topic can get closed/deleted ^^ like always. Blame us the players not the servers right?

I am not talkin about lags like 150-250 i talk about 30k+ pings...
    I am looking foward for a good game experience.
    Hope this 30k+ pings are gone soon.Even i lost 50% of what i whas putting in the game with € b:surrender
    edited January 2015
    If only you could have provided the information to get help instead of whining about not getting help or the issue. It's been a complete waste of your time.

Will be happy to see this closed, and welcome to my blacklist. God forbid you should actually feel the need to provide helpful information so someone could assist you in future issues.

Out of curiosity though, did you ever bother to read my thread or follow any instructions?
    I won't see the response, but I'm sure others are curious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can confirm some of these lag problems, and I understand that there are a lot of points that can cause lag. I myself have experienced 30k+ pings with only the client running and no downloads or anything running.

Since these lag spikes are very random, it's hard to pinpoint them using tracert, but I remember hearing that there are a few possible fault points somewhere in US which a lot of PWI-Europe traffic passes through, so a lot of people experience it at the same time. PWI cannot do anything about this, as far as I know.

That being said, even with the inanity of some of these comments, Sylen is a bit TOO hostile. This is not cool and sounds a bit too arrogant, then again, some people lose their cool faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • zuxxeshb
    edited January 2015
    If only you could have provided the information to get help instead of whining about not getting help or the issue. It's been a complete waste of your time.

Will be happy to see this closed, and welcome to my blacklist. God forbid you should actually feel the need to provide helpful information so someone could assist you in future issues.

Out of curiosity though, did you ever bother to read my thread or follow any instructions?
    I won't see the response, but I'm sure others are curious.

Hey buddy... sorry but you have absolute no knowledge.
    Your just one of those people that jump on topics n blame people thats it ^^
    You just wanna try 2 help? mhm mhm grow little man and leave this topic. b:victory
    edited January 2015
    I can confirm some of these lag problems, and I understand that there are a lot of points that can cause lag. I myself have experienced 30k+ pings with only the client running and no downloads or anything running.

Since these lag spikes are very random, it's hard to pinpoint them using tracert, but I remember hearing that there are a few possible fault points somewhere in US which a lot of PWI-Europe traffic passes through, so a lot of people experience it at the same time. PWI cannot do anything about this, as far as I know.

That being said, even with the inanity of some of these comments, Sylen is a bit TOO hostile. This is not cool and sounds a bit too arrogant, then again, some people lose their cool faster.
    Up until that last post I wasn't hostile at the OP though. I said a few things in jest, and mentioned that I was doing so in my post where i did it.

Unfortunately the OP is apparently too lazy to pull his head out of his *** and get help, so my last post before this one was directed hostility at the OP. I mean, if you're going to call me stupid when I've done nothing but offer help, (albeit in a slightly lackluster manner), then you're got some real issues.

if zuxxeshb had ever bothered to read and comprehend the information I provided, and then followed it up with the information i ask for, then instead of having this discussion, I'd be happily scanning his information and providing him with several tips on what to try, possible workaround, and even getting a bit more oomph out of his system. (Which you can see that I do whenever anyone takes the time to provide me with the information i need to work with.)

Sadly, it's quite obvious that he (or she) would rather **** and moan in the forum, than to actually seek assistance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zuxxeshb
    edited January 2015
    Up until that last post I wasn't hostile at the OP though. I said a few things in jest, and mentioned that I was doing so in my post where i did it.

Unfortunately the OP is apparently too lazy to pull his head out of his *** and get help, so my last post before this one was directed hostility at the OP. I mean, if you're going to call me stupid when I've done nothing but offer help, (albeit in a slightly lackluster manner), then you're got some real issues.

if zuxxeshb had ever bothered to read and comprehend the information I provided, and then followed it up with the information i ask for, then instead of having this discussion, I'd be happily scanning his information and providing him with several tips on what to try, possible workaround, and even getting a bit more oomph out of his system. (Which you can see that I do whenever anyone takes the time to provide me with the information i need to work with.)

Sadly, it's quite obvious that he (or she) would rather **** and moan in the forum, than to actually seek assistance.

i dont **** or moan i just put it straight.
    also sorry cause nextttime i call it "30k ping ftl"
    and if u would play this game a little u would regonize that the east servesr have this 30k ping problem for a few weeks? oh you dun play on the east servers? and oh you never loged on the east servers? at the time around 12:00? ^^ damn than just sush ....maybe u need 2 read more close and please stop jumping on topics and blame people that is jus sad m8
    anyway
    peace love and unity cause there is nothing you me or him could do b:bye
    edited January 2015
    Since the thread is still open, and if the OP is looking, here's a sample of the kind of information you would get if you actually provided some of the simplest information.

This person messaged me with the issue, a picture of their traceroute, and a link to the published Speccy report. Here's my usual type of response.
    (using the CODE tag so it's shrunk down a little.)
    Ok, the first issue is going to be your Wifi broadband. You're never going to get decent speeds on that, but at least it's not dialup or sattelite.
    Normally you want that first hop to be below 5ms, and yours is slightly above that. My first though is interference from other wifi signals on a miliar channel or lots of other Wifi traffic in the area. Secondary causes could be things like fluorescent bulbs, microwaves, cooling units, or dense materials like walls or floors between your OC and the router. (If any of those things are within a few feet of the router, or your PC, they will also cause issues.)
    After that the signal looks okay, with the exceptions of hops 4 and 5. With the spike on hop 5, i'd say that it looks like Hop 4 is dropping packets. If you consistently do not get a response from hop 4 though, then it's just not returning pings, and at least part of your latency issue may be at hop 5. It's not a Huge spike though, so I won't focus on it. Overall the path looks fairly solid, and with the exception of being a wee bit slow out of the gate, it looks just fine overall.

Now for the Speccy. This is where things get really fun. 

Overall the hardware specs aren't bad, except for the video display. At first glance, that may cause you some FPS drops with the client, but I'll check that further in a minute.
    The only real issue so far is that it's a Gateway.  I do not mean to offend your purchase decisions, and I imagine price was a large part of your selection. If you ever decide to buy a new one, I'll say this. You can't pay me to buy a Dell, and Gateway's quality falls a few steps short of that in the long run. I know Acer "purchased" Gateway back in '07 or so, and I love Acer products, bit I'd have to do a lot of research on how that merger was handled before I'd trust them. It may be a fine company now, or it may still be the same poor quality they got known for. 
    Anyway, I got sidetracked, lets dig a bit deeper.

First real issue. You have McAffee. It's not terrible software, but it's not great either. If you got the full version free, stick with it. Otherwise, there are loads better choices that are in the same price range. (I cover some in my sticky thread, which reminds me, I need to update that.) You absolutely must, without a doubt, completely exclude both the client, and the Arc install folder from the antivirus scans. McAffee has a really neat habit of "cleaning" files and never telling you about it. Then by the time you realise there's an issue, it's dumped the quarantine.
    ALSO, you must completely exclude the following files from the firewall. (Allow full pass-through)
    C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe
    C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe
    C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\PWI_en\launcher\launcher.exe

Not usually related to the client, but you have the hard drive set to auto-off as a power save feature. For a laptop that's fine when it's on the battery, and it's synced with the "monitor off". Either way, it's pretty pointless though unless you're trying to get the most out of a dying battery. I would just set the battery settings to suspend at 15 minutes, and leave the monitor and hard drive settings disabled. Then for the "plugged in" settings, leave it as-is and just disable the hard drive option.
    Sometimes with older software like the client, the system doesn't recognise the input state properly, and it may be shutting the hard disk off while you're playing. Once the client asks for information it will power back up, but it can cause an effect very similar to latency, will kill the ping reading in the client, and you may also notice freezing, stuttering, or a drop in FPS.

Looking at the process log, I see a little bloat, but not as much as I had expected. I'll get to that after we go through the processes.

You have Bradford Networks software running, which is a "network access control" agent. That could interfere with your clients data packets if it is analyzing them. This will cause latency and may also explain your low ping response on the first hop. Overall it looks to be decent software, and may even be part of your Wifi Broadband setup. From their site I'm not able to see much in the way of support information though, to find any workarounds or a way to set a pass-though for the client. If you aren't sure about the software, I'd recommend contacting your ISP, or the PC manufacturer to see if it came packaged with either of their software.

It looks like you have both Brother, and HP printer software running. If you have two printers, great. Ignore this. If not, you'll want to remove the software for the one you don't have. It just eats up system resources.

For your video driver, the version looks a bit old, but at the same time is the Intel basic HD display, and that may be the newest driver available for your device. I would recommend using their automatic discovery tool located HERE.

Aside from that, the only other conflict I can see is the PowerDVD software you have installed. That won't cause a latency issue, but if you experience any graphical issues, it could be due to an incompatible codec. I'd need to see the output of dxdiag to be able to give you more specifics there.

For the bloatware, this won't affect your client much aside from freeing up CPU threads, but can improve overall system performance. Here's the list...

Gateway/Acer ePower utilities. These are mostly just a complete waste of CPU power. You have the power settings configured by Windows power management. You don't need more software monitoring it too. Sure they make it look all nice and pretty and green and energy-saving, but for the most part it's just wasting CPU cycles, which is wasting power.

Gateway Backup Manager If you aren't using it, turn it off/un-install it. It's just using memory and resources that could be better used elsewhere. You also have a McAffee Online Backup program running as well. Same goes for it.

Acer Launch Manager This is software that "controls" or lets you customize your hotkeys. In most PC's I find that the software is completely un-necessary because you can change the settings in the BIOS. If you change them often, or don't have the BIOS option, leave it be. Otherwise, stop it from running unless you need to make a change. You can usually disable the System Tray Icon, or auto-run for it inside the settings.

Verizon Message Center This likely is part of the software package with your Wifi Broadband. Offhand I'm not sure how necessary it is, but experience says it's most likely just bloat and isn't needed. AT&T likes for their user's to install software with will tell you how to troubleshoot the internet issues if you happen to lose connectivity. What's really silly though, is that it sits there and basically pings the server on a regular basis, wasting your bandwidth, and then when it does recognize that there is an issue with your connection, it tries to go to the internet for answers. If that isn't stupid, I don't know what is.
    A quick search on the Verizon program shows it's fairly similar and has a tendency to occasionally hog the CPU. The latter would cause a latency issue similar to the issue I described with your firewall.

After you've gone through all of that. I would recommend shutting down your modem/router completely for a minimum of 3 minutes. This will reset the ports at the ISP, and may also get you better DNS routing.
    While you're doing that, it wouldn't hurt to perform a static discharge on the laptop, and then once it's back up, flush the DNS cache by running the following command from a command prompt with administrator credentials.
    ipconfig /flushdns

If you have any questions, or want more data, give me a holler.

Not only did they get a diagnosis on their latency issue, but I also take the extra step to provide helpful information for improving the overall experience of using their PC. I do it because I like solving problems, and it's fun. I also enjoy helping people, which is why I've been in customer service of some type for the better part of the past 25 years.

Sadly, the OP thought it was a better idea to just whine and argue, than to provide anything I could use to help them with their issue.

To each their own I guess... I'm off to play the game now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teramat - Archosaur
    Teramat - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi Sylen thunder...your signature is very insulting...just let you know...I am a RRR9 archer...and excuse me...R8, RR8, or RRR8 cleric got 1 hit..so there is no way you can kill a RRR9 archer..and what's the point of your signature? prove that you are better than others...why don't you say you are jealous of those who have RRR9?
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    by looking at some people's old posts pwi is infallible.... better to just ignore them and keep it moving.

many people are complaining about lag spikes, server errors etc but dw... it's "your fault".
    b:bye
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi Sylen thunder...your signature is very insulting...just let you know...I am a RRR9 archer...and excuse me...R8, RR8, or RRR8 cleric got 1 hit..so there is no way you can kill a RRR9 archer..and what's the point of your signature? prove that you are better than others...why don't you say you are jealous of those who have RRR9?

1.) I'm pretty sure it's a signature on an open message board for an online video game. You are finding that insulting? That's... Actually kinda sad. This is the internet. If you find something insulting on a screen that anyone (even the OP) can throw messages down on, then perhaps there is a serious problem you need to resolve.

2.) Sure, he will hop on your server and kill you. Yeah, right. Here, hold on a sec while the character he spent years playing is magically transferred to the nontransferable database of your server. Mkay! Ready to prove how you can own someone in a video game?

3.) I have some serious doubts that Sylen would be jealous of a piece of gear someone owns in a virtual world. True jealousy comes from serious desires and wants, and I have some (rightful) doubts that he would be jealous of a piece of gear you own.

4.) I'm pretty sure his signature is stating that because he has been playing for a long time and is an intelligent/sentient being, he can beat most people who have dropped a lot of money/time into the game. Oh no! Crucify him, Teramat! How dare a signature state that hard work and intelligence > the almighty dollar (or credit/digits)! How blind he must be to not see the will of dropping lots of cash in a barely maintained video game that was created in 2004 and isn't being developed here in the United States, where it is being published! May he forever burn!

No, but really. Teramat, why do people like you exist? Mating is too easy, I suppose.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
    edited January 2015

I'm not jealous of people who have R9. I currently have R999 gear myself.

A few things you should note...

1. I made that sig a long time ago before the ability to RB even existed.

2. I took that archer down in NW.

3. If you play smart, know how to use your skills, and take advantage of the situation, it's freaking easy. I've killed R9 barbs before. It's a lot harder, but it's not impossible.

4. The archer in question was only second cast R9, not third.

5. The archer was a comlete idiot. i'm certian they were one of the hyper babies we always refer to when we talk about how fail they are.

6. The sequence pretty much went like this... I see archer flying up there all alone. I sleep archer. I debuff archer. I put up Plume Shell and hit a Dew of Star. then I hit the archer with thunderball, great cyclone, and Plume Shot. Hit guardian light to cover me for the last 10 seconds of Plume Shell's cooldown, then cast silent seal on the archer again. Repeat process from casting Plume Shell.
    During the entire attack, the archer used not a single skill. They just auto-attacked with basic arrows.
    I killed that same arcer three times in that one NW battle. In the second fight they figured out how to use a skill, but when I've got Plume Shell and a Dew going, your 20k hits, are about 125 points.

The comments about my seeker and barb are very similar. If you want to hear the stories, i'll be happy to tell them. Even againt players who know how to actually play their toons, I'm a formidable foe. I've been playing pretty solid since this version released, and I've played enough of the other classes to know how they work. I've also been playing PvP for several years, and we practice to hone our skills.

7. I don't really care if you take it as an insult. However, as I've said before, if you happen to fall into the group of people that actually do happen to be referred to as the failure, then the insult is deserved. b:victory

I'm sure you can 1-hit a cleric if you catch them off-guard. You won't catch me off-guard that often.

Oh, and did you even read the bottom two lines of my sig?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • condofar
    condofar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    once again someone only sees one side of the issue, traceroute TO pwi. Remember, there is TWO ways the info gets to us. To and FROM and Syl, please tell me how you traceroute FROM pwi please because sine your NOT there, you can't.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    by looking at some people's old posts pwi is infallible.... better to just ignore them and keep it moving.

many people are complaining about lag spikes, server errors etc but dw... it's "your fault".

Yeah Jes, just stop lagging. All your fault, you got the wrong mindset. b:laugh
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage