Attention sparkiesoft

Options
zoner112012
zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
I get that you are busy and spread thin. I get that there are many other games that need your attention. But there are MANY things that need serious attention here.

You have a server with people that can't log onto their main toons on their accounts because they are just gone.

People STILL have yet to receive their Territory War rewards from last seasons TW.

TW times are STILL broken and we have not been given word about any possible fix.

We have not been given a single code in weeks and you said the higher ups wanted you to chill but I can't personally believe that means you can't do anything.

The DQ suggestion thread is ignored. It has been well over a year since you all but promised us we would have a new system and so far we have seen and heard nothing despite constant pleas for a response.

What does this say about PWE....alot. This tells anyone reading the forums that PWE doesn't give a **** about their players. That PWE would rather put more emphasis on empty promises then anything. Do I think we DESERVE free stuff like codes and what not? No, I really don't, however the recent activity (or lack thereof) from GMs and you as CM have proven that the game is going far downhill. I am sure there are many other issues players can bring to light on this thread, but at this time it is getting quite ridiculous. Please tell us what is going on with the above mentioned problems or at least give us some false hope that things will get better. You are losing big players every day. I sit on the server I play on and every day I am hearing about another big player leaving. You guys are losing money and it isn't going to get any better at this rate.
ln5aR6B.jpg
Post edited by zoner112012 on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Attention Pluto !

Thats how you talk to a dog. I dont think its gonna work to get a GMs attention. Nothing else would work either, but that doesnt matter.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Attention Pluto !

Thats how you talk to a dog. I dont think its gonna work to get a GMs attention. Nothing else would work either, but that doesnt matter.

HAHAHAHAHA that is sad This is exactly what I mean though. This is already proof of how bad PWE is looking to us gamers.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    TW times are STILL broken and we have not been given word about any possible fix.

Actually, Surtr noted multiple times in the maint thread that they had a fix for TW times in QA. You are, of course, free to question how long a fix like that has to sit in QA, but who knows what else it came bundled with.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I get that you are busy and spread thin. I get that there are many other games that need your attention. But there are MANY things that need serious attention here.

You have a server with people that can't log onto their main toons on their accounts because they are just gone.

People STILL have yet to receive their Territory War rewards from last seasons TW.

We have not been given a single code in weeks and you said the higher ups wanted you to chill but I can't personally believe that means you can't do anything.

The DQ suggestion thread is ignored. It has been well over a year since you all but promised us we would have a new system and so far we have seen and heard nothing despite constant pleas for a response.

What does this say about PWE....alot. This tells anyone reading the forums that PWE doesn't give a **** about their players. That PWE would rather put more emphasis on empty promises then anything. Do I think we DESERVE free stuff like codes and what not? No, I really don't, however the recent activity (or lack thereof) from GMs and you as CM have proven that the game is going far downhill. I am sure there are many other issues players can bring to light on this thread, but at this time it is getting quite ridiculous. Please tell us what is going on with the above mentioned problems or at least give us some false hope that things will get better. You are losing big players every day. I sit on the server I play on and every day I am hearing about another big player leaving. You guys are losing money and it isn't going to get any better at this rate.

TW times are being addressed, I've brought this up multiple times already. When I get word on its fix, you all will too.

Missing characters have also already been addressed. Again, when I know more, you will too.

Codes have been getting abused. We have a solution, but aren't ready to finalize it yet. Once we do you'll hear from me, and you'll see codes distributed once again.
  • Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    TW times are being addressed, I've brought this up multiple times already. When I get word on its fix, you all will too.

Missing characters have also already been addressed. Again, when I know more, you will too.

Codes have been getting abused. We have a solution, but aren't ready to finalize it yet. Once we do you'll hear from me, and you'll see codes distributed once again.

Well, I wouldn't say you have addressed these issues multiple times. I've been in the dark hoping for direction on my own missing toon with nary a mention that something was even being done about it til Surtr said something maintenance night. And if there was? It was buried deep in a thread that I never saw. And I read here quite frequently.

An official response to the Dreamweaver login issue and subsequent (and continued) fallout was never properly addressed to those affected nor to the community at large. It has been 3 weeks.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Ty for the heads-up sparkie. It seems that people do know how limited the stuff is you are actually allowed to do/can do due to multiple reasons. Guess they just wanna have a babysitter to take their hands and to pet them every once in a while. This is legit...but I can feel you. If you'd be constantly around while nothing is getting fixed..well people would think you're doing nothing at all besides spending time with the community xD

Take your time to fix things well. We saw what happens if things get rushed with nearly any expansion we had in this game.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Dark_one - Harshlands
    Dark_one - Harshlands Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love current TW time slots and i hope nothing will change because now it`s more suitable for me. 20.00pm war was at 3 am for me but now all wars happening during the day! b:cuteb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:dirty
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love current TW time slots and i hope nothing will change because now it`s more suitable for me. 20.00pm war was at 3 am for me but now all wars happening during the day! b:cuteb:thanks

True. Even in germany it is far better having TW at 9. Why? Because you then got the whole saturday left to do something with friends. A tw at 14 or 20...heck..and your day is gone for good.

This is an international game. Due to the changes some will have a harder time in participating and some will have it way easier now. Those who live in the respective timezones that the game ofders shouldn't have any trouble. Sure some need to work even early in the morning but others need to work at the evening too. I don't really think the tw times hurt anyone more or less one way or another. The number of unsatisfied people will stay the same.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Options

I hope it's for soonish. Must be nice for some players to have another time, but there is a reason 20h00 is called "prime time". I'm looking forward to the big TW of this weekend, but again at times that actually fit who ? Highschool kids and some students that are lucky to be in an easy semester ? b:lipcurl

I would have expected this be changed back already tbh.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't really think the tw times hurt anyone more or less one way or another. The number of unsatisfied people will stay the same.

Obviously there are people who probably prefer TW at 9:00 AM rather than 2:00 PM or 8:00 PM.
    But if there is a way to compare the attendance, I'm pretty sure that in the morning less players will attend. (I can't talk with experience though, 'cause there was no interesting TW at 9:00AM so far for me)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

How exactly are codes being abused? You've made it so they can only be redeemed once per account. How is that abuse?
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    tmllover wrote: »
    How exactly are codes being abused? You've made it so they can only be redeemed once per account. How is that abuse?

Highly doubt a GM/CM/Mod would announce how exactly to abuse codes..
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • jusharen
    jusharen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    all i can say i love the changes in TW time .. :)
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

way to avoid the DQ question sparkie

I think from now on its best to just play the game and expect zero to no support, since PWI is not willing to give any.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Options

I think from now on its best to just play the game and expect zero to no support, since PWI is not willing to give any.

Tr to have some feels for him. What would you do if your boss says to you that you have to take care about several games and this one is certainly not the top priority? People are constantly asking you the SAME question about stuff you don't even get answers for yourself from the higher up/PWCN.

I do believe that sparkie is doing his best. There is a reason why Eatwithspoons/frankie and Val quit. Sparkie is one of the best CMs we got so far, so don't make him go away, too.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Tr to have some feels for him. What would you do if your boss says to you that you have to take care about several games and this one is certainly not the top priority? People are constantly asking you the SAME question about stuff you don't even get answers for yourself from the higher up/PWCN.

I do believe that sparkie is doing his best. There is a reason why Eatwithspoons/frankie and Val quit. Sparkie is one of the best CMs we got so far, so don't make him go away, too.

^this

I agree x1000000000
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

I dont know about you, but if i get the same repeated question from my custumors, i would seriously need to scratch on the back of my head and think about what i am doing wrong.

Bottom line is, the way this game is being runned is unacceptable. Period

and the main spokeperson we can throw our concerns at is sparkie, and we dont need to feel guilty about it, its his job, he knows it and expects it

And no, a CM does not have much influence, but i DO expect him to keep the players informed, and bring our concerns to the higher ups and keep us up to date on their feedback

It does not matter that this game is *less of an priority*, what PWI seems to forget is, is that we are all customors and potential profit, and right now i feel like they seem to think that i should be happy to play their game, NO PWI, YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT I AM WILLING TO PLAY YOUR GAME

Get your **** together or just drop this game
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I dont know about you, but if i get the same repeated question from my custumors, i would seriously need to scratch on the back of my head and think about what i am doing wrong.

and the main spokeperson we can throw our concerns at is sparkie, and we dont need to feel guilty about it, its his job, he knows it and expects it

And no, a CM does not have much influence, but i DO expect him to keep the players informed, and bring our concerns to the higher ups and keep us up to date on their feedback

It does not matter that this game is *less of an priority*, what PWI seems to forget is, is that we are all customors and potential profit, and right now i feel like they seem to think that i should be happy to play their game, NO PWI, YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT I AM WILLING TO PLAY YOUR GAME

Get your **** together or just drop this game

You are right in a way. But as I am working as something very similiar as sparkie I can understand his lack of comunication and where it roots. If I would constantly nag my Boss about the same old questions everyday then I'd surely live in grave danger of getting fired or yelled at. It is also not like he can adjust his priorities all the way he wants it. His boss/bosses tell him what to focus on most likely.

OFC it sucks of you solely look at it from a customers point of View...but we don't know what kind of **** they need to deal with every day. Maybe there is something way more important and crucial to their business than us in PWI. Maybe they are simply overworked and would love to do something but can't due to stress/other projects/pressure from the higher-ups.

It is purely the fault of the management and I agree that the things you mentioned suck, but that's not Sparkies fault, he's just a Scapegoat.

I know what you think, right? They should just hire more ppl and get a dedicated CM for each and every game. Yes, they should. But they don't and for this they are to blame. the management is.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    tmllover wrote: »

People use catshops somehow to transfer/sell eventgold items (pretty well known method - which the mods won't allow to be posted here, but is to this day being abused for both the eventgold and platinum charm gifts).

It requires a game item adjustment to get this solved - so the fix has to come from China. We all know those tend to take a while.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

I dont understand why sparkie doesnt want to tell us something that many of us have already figure out:
    DQ SYSTEM REWARD IS GONE FOR GOOD AND THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE ANY OTHER DQ SYSTEM REWARD.
    thats what I believe. Now the other players can chose to believe that too or they can chose to believe that devs are working on a new dq system reward.
    b:bye
    giphy.gif

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Sparkie, things aren't really being addressed. They are either being ignored or responses by your staff are vague and all over the place.

Take TW times for example. Where has it been addressed before? I'm sure it was addressed earlier at some point, but there is no formal thread for discussing the issue.

Missing characters has been a serious issue, and we have 2-3 posts in the last 2 weeks from you or another PWE staff member. When someone plays this game and pays your company money, only to have the item(s) (characters in this case) disappear with no word, your company is failing on your end. I get it, you couldn't just take the entire server down for days on end. However, the responses have been very minimal. For example, nothing has been stated on a stickied thread, Facebook, or anything of the sort. Instead, the topic is almost taboo. Why is that?

Speaking of taboo topics, why does your boss/bosses fail to resolve the DQ rewards issue after having well over a year to work on it? After submitting multiple tickets to your company only be get minimal responses of how it's still being worked on and no ETA, I often wonder what could really be going on. You aren't allowed to speak up about the issue, I suppose. I'm sure you are aware of this, but ignoring an issue will only make it bigger. Please tell upper management that the community is STILL looking for this to get addressed.

It looks real bad to represent a corporation as a community manager/PR guy and instead ignore the real issues. These issues aren't being addressed in a proper manner, and that probably isn't your fault. The blame should get put on the people who are telling you what to write and how to write it -- PWE management; your bosses.

If the dreamweaver issue isn't resolved and players don't get their characters back; if they spent money on that, then your company could be liable to a lawsuit. California state law prohibits digital theft and could be taken very seriously. An example would be if you bought an item on Amazon, but the item came in the mail and ended up being just an empty box. Who is liable? Is it the vendor of Amazon, the merchant you used, or Amazon directly? Digital theft is a serious issue and if the issue can't be resolved by use of contacting the merchant (your company insta-bans people who attempt to get money back via contacting a merchant), then filing a lawsuit against PWE is more logical.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    People use catshops somehow to transfer/sell eventgold items (pretty well known method - which the mods won't allow to be posted here, but is to this day being abused for both the eventgold and platinum charm gifts).

It requires a game item adjustment to get this solved - so the fix has to come from China. We all know those tend to take a while.

Well... I can understand if this concerns charms, but do you think people really abuse dreamchaser packs for example ? I don't care 'cause I don't redeem them (dreamchaser) anyway, but thqt's just an interrogation.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well... I can understand if this concerns charms, but do you think people really abuse dreamchaser packs for example ? I don't care 'cause I don't redeem them (dreamchaser) anyway, but thqt's just an interrogation.

Most commonly abused were likely the event gold codes, and the code for insta-95. Both of those being abused would have a rather large impact in game balance.

I have a few theories on how the level 95 stones were abused, but I don't feel like getting banned from testing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jhjhjkjjjjjjjjjj
    jhjhjkjjjjjjjjjj Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Glad to hear this. Can't wait for more codes.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Most commonly abused were likely the event gold codes, and the code for insta-95. Both of those being abused would have a rather large impact in game balance.

I have a few theories on how the level 95 stones were abused, but I don't feel like getting banned from testing them.

Ya, the lvl95-Code thingy was massive. I know some people that now have several Alts at lvl105. I mean cmon...starting out at lvl 105 saves an insane amount of time. Still, not much of an impact as they still have to go through 2x times rbing. I don't mind, but ofc I'm not to judge.

On the other items...I kinda liked being able to buy additional Dreamchaser packs for leveling xD the Charms/Event Gold has been neat, too. But ya, it was and is still obviously a bug abuse...but...I alway thought those Charms/Event Cards/Dreamchasers came from Charge Rewards.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It is true that sparkie's abilities are limited, and I do recognize that his hands are tied in many ways. I recognize that he can only say so much, and do so much, but some things are truly absurd.

Consider this, some people have their main characters taken from them...through no fault of their own. They invested in this game, and so far, this is the result of their investment. That investment is made through time and money through a game that they enjoyed playing. Through lack of communication, and this being an extended period of time, the damage done to them is massive.

Consider that they have no idea when this issue will be resolved, not updates on the progress of the situation, no knowledge of any type of compensation, and the time lost cannot be gained back.

Let's take it even further... Some people went Lunar G16, and their account ended up in the hands of someone dishonest. Perhaps this person was originally planning to use lunar as their farming gear, and work their way up to R9rr, then sell the lunar gear off. Some of those people won't even get to do that now, since their account landed into the hands of someone dishonest, who perhaps logged their toon in, and sold their gear for a large amount. When, and if the true owner gets their toon back, they have to start from square one...even the free Morai 95 gear will be unobtainable to them. At that point, you're looking at an infuriated person that may leave the game.

The game has progressed way too far for them to even consider a rollback like they should have truly done originally, so now those players are left in the dark and have been in the dark for weeks. They've made several threads about it, many of which, our CM has remained silent, and not all of the threads are people ranting, but rather...asking...pleading for someone to talk to them, and update them on what's going on.

Instead, it feels like our CM is just letting the issue remain mostly silent, and hoping the issue silently blows over. I'm not saying that is his intent, and I know his hands are largely tied, but addressing his community, especially when a serious issue occurs in part of a PWI CM's job description.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/18279001

He also stated before for many things, they'd be fixed in a timely fashion,...flat out, they haven't.

Regarding Dreamweaver, we never did get compensation...and many people lost out and are STILL losing out. Even some characters that are R9rr or had bound gear on...were not exempt from losing their gear, or finding it on another character. An example is a R9rr psychic that logged back in only to find out that he had a R9rr mystic ring instead.

The thing is, these people HAVE to be vocal about this, or it will get forgotten...like that multitude of other issues that are forgotten about. An example of something forgotten about was the winter event a few years ago...that was compensation for another event which failed....only the compensation never worked properly, and all we got was Santa Spam.

Regarding TW times, I know some people prefer it as it is now, and I know that makes it easier on them by far, but they do need to be reverted back to the original time. The reason being is that in the end, it is an East Coast server, so events, and TW should be catered to an East Coast server time. Though I wouldn't be against all servers having a few different time slots to allow players in other regions to enjoy TW and other events too. I'd even support that idea. However, if that can't be done, at the very least, it should go back to a time meant for an East Coast server, because in the end, that's what it is...an East Coast server. (This coming from someone that's never even been in a single TW.) I also want to point out that the timeframe for this has been by and large, quite significant....and not dealt with in a timely manner...

Quoted from sparkiesoft: 12-30-2014, 07:12 PM

"I've let the right people know, so they should get it fixed as soon as possible. Most are on vacation right now, since we're all human and need a break some time (believe it or not), but I'll make sure it's dealt with in a timely manner
    ."

It's been over a month, and this is affecting many players...so I cannot blame them for being irritated, impatient, and asking more and more questions, because some serious issues are not being addressed in a timely manner, and people start asking questions.

This was the thread, for anyone interested: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1731621&page=4

Regarding the code issue, there is a sticky at the top of the forums that sparkie could have posted in, detailing the problem. Instead, people are sitting around, waiting for a while, and after a while, people start asking questions. It could have even been posted in one of the maintenance threads, and people would have been more receptive, and less people would have asked questions.

By and large, the community is left in the dark about a lot of issues, and if we don't post, and ask questions, we might remain forever in the dark. As consumers, it's our right to ask questions, and I do understand that from a CM point, that there is only so much that can be done, he can't just snap his fingers and have a quick fix. He has superiors that he has to answer to, he has a timetable he has to adhere to, this isn't the only game that demands his attention, and some things are done through China. Even with all of that, we as a community do need better communication from him, and on issues that are as severe as the ones that have come about, they should be prioritized over a lot of minor things.

As another example, we still don't have our Warsoul forges back, and many people are patiently waiting, but it is still a serious issue that needs to be resolved. What's the point of getting the ability to Warsoul Stage 3 a weapon if Warsoul Stage 2 is removed from the game?

People are still waiting on TW awards, that kind of adds on to everything else that people are waiting, and expecting news of.

The DQ failure is a stain and an embarrassment, to the such a degree that sparkie didn't even mention it. If it's gone, it's gone...but at least tell players that it's gone. Don't just let it sit there, giving players the false illusion of hope that it's still being worked on.

Also, I want to point out, that I don't hate sparkiesoft, I understand that he often finds himself in a precarious position between a rock (Upper Management), and a hard place. (Us, the community.) I understand that his power is limited, and I do appreciate all of the work that he has done. That said, I feel that more needs to be done, in the form of communication. That is where the biggest failure lies, and that would quell a lot of threads, tempers, and questions if the communication was better. The lack of communication from him indirectly puts a lot more strain on our hard working mods, who aren't even paid to do this, but are doing so as volunteering players that love the game and want to see it prosper....so are taking time out of their gametime, and real life time to get on the forums, and help to serve as a go-between from Sparkie and upper management to us, while simultaneously trying to keep forum rules enforced. Make it easier on your own mods, on your community, and on yourself Sparkie. Communicate with us more, and even if no fix is made yet, at least communicate with us on a more consistent basis. I do ask that of you, as the community manager sparkie.

That said, from all that I've seen, as per usual...all intended fixes can be expected......

SOON (TM)!!

Also.....

SOON (TM)!!

And....

SOON (TM)!!

And we are....Like this....

"Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Get your sh it together or just drop this game

Agreed. PWE is treating the PWI community like we should feel guilty that we are asking why this game continuously gets so screwed up. Like we owe THEM something, when it's our money that is supporting their cushy jobs.

In management, it is your job to take feedback from your customer base, work with them, talk to them, appease them. Not just disappear into the shadows, and stop communication.

sparkie, you have a facebook page that reaches over half a million people. Utilize it. Post updates as you get them from your higher ups. Don't post those updates in 20 page threads that eventually will get lost. That is what most companies use social media for, real time updates for their consumer base. Why is this so hard to understand?

And ignoring the DQ factor....thats pretty low. Stop yanking the chain and leading us on....either tell us its not going to happen and let us cry over it, or give us something more tangible to chew on. A year's time has passed, and the lack of response just shows that somewhere, someone either gave up or didn't care in the first place.

You are right in a way. But as I am working as something very similiar as sparkie I can understand his lack of comunication and where it roots. If I would constantly nag my Boss about the same old questions everyday then I'd surely live in grave danger of getting fired or yelled at. It is also not like he can adjust his priorities all the way he wants it. His boss/bosses tell him what to focus on most likely.

OFC it sucks of you solely look at it from a customers point of View...but we don't know what kind of **** they need to deal with every day. Maybe there is something way more important and crucial to their business than us in PWI. Maybe they are simply overworked and would love to do something but can't due to stress/other projects/pressure from the higher-ups.

It is purely the fault of the management and I agree that the things you mentioned suck, but that's not Sparkies fault, he's just a Scapegoat.

I know what you think, right? They should just hire more ppl and get a dedicated CM for each and every game. Yes, they should. But they don't and for this they are to blame. the management is.

sparkie still has a duty as CM to pester his boss. That's his job, that is the job of every CM in the gaming industry. You are the consumer bases' b*tch, and you are tasked with the terrible duty of taking every major complaint, frustration, suggestion, ect. to your boss. sparkie knew this going into his job position. If sparkie gets fired for doing his job, sparkie can file for unemployment and win. So really, there is no excuse.

I understand that PWE isn't the greatest company to work for. I wouldn't want to work for the Chinese either, they are absolutely terrible at labor management and project development. But at the end of the day, you need to fulfill your job requirements, or quit so someone else will.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes, it is obvious that these issues are so important, that the people writing long posts about it are too lazy to search, or actually read, the threads where it has already been gone over. I'm not on Dreamweaver, and even I know they are working on the issue from official posting.

So is it stupidity, or laziness, that precludes people from doing a forum search using sparkie or surtr as the writer and either read their most recent posts, or adding a search tag in for finding exactly what they want? I'd go with laziness, but lazy would at least smart enough to realize making multiple posts takes more effort than the search route.

And if the mods posts are apparently able to be ignored by people who would actually care about the content of said posts, why would random people think their posts wouldn't get the same treatment?
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes, it is obvious that these issues are so important, that the people writing long posts about it are too lazy to search, or actually read, the threads where it has already been gone over. I'm not on Dreamweaver, and even I know they are working on the issue from official posting.

So is it stupidity, or laziness, that precludes people from doing a forum search using sparkie or surtr as the writer and either read their most recent posts, or adding a search tag in for finding exactly what they want? I'd go with laziness, but lazy would at least smart enough to realize making multiple posts takes more effort than the search route.

And if the mods posts are apparently able to be ignored by people who would actually care about the content of said posts, why would random people think their posts wouldn't get the same treatment?

Here comes the 'higher than thou' response from non other than Queen Sylvae herself.

Just because you have free time to search PWI's forums doesn't mean others do. My point on utilizing social media to post game updates is not a foreign or revolutionary idea. It's pretty common sense, and is implemented with most gaming companies.

And it requires way less effort than your archaic methods of searching this forum. Seriously, get over yourself.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Here comes the 'higher than thou' response from non other than Queen Sylvae herself.

Just because you have free time to search PWI's forums doesn't mean others do. My point on utilizing social media to post game updates is not a foreign or revolutionary idea. It's pretty common sense, and is implemented with most gaming companies.

And it requires way less effort than your archaic methods of searching this forum. Seriously, get over yourself.

Search.

As in the Search button.

At the top of forum. Literally takes less time than even the post I am quoting would have taken to write. Not search every thread one topic at a time by yourself.

If it takes time for you to use the search button function, you've pretty much already proven my previous post.