hi is it real ARC block some country to login?

Options
zakfairvii
zakfairvii Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
my friends say he cant login and i scare to try is it true ?
Post edited by zakfairvii on

Comments

• dardedze
    dardedze Posts: 8
    edited January 2015
    Options
    zakfairvii wrote: »

I heard egyptians are having this problem recently. friend of mine cannot loog on arc but if he goes thro normal client then he can loog on
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes, there are several regions that are blocked from playing, or from Arc for a variety of legal issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just use one of the many posted workarounds to bypass Arc. Logging directly from the client is easier anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    zakfairvii wrote: »

Yes, and furthermore, using proxies such as VPNs to bypass these blocks tend to result in an automatic ban. The server (both ARC and PWE's game servers) will flag your account and/or IP and you'll get banned fairly soon after using a VPN service. This is somewhat unfortunate for the folks that live in the countries that have been blocked. PWI is one of the larger PW servers around and gets updates directly from Wanmei's PW-CN, while other PW servers have to purchase the content afterwards or get the updates much later (MY, RU, etc).
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There are numerous countries completely banned from registering an account on PWI but any existing account before the blockade became active is still allowed: https://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1635

And then there is a list of countries which are fully banned including any and all existing accounts: http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1573/~/countries-which-cannot-play-perfect-world-games

However lately PWI has been (seemingly) randomly banning regions outside the listed countries (germany as example) or screws up someone's IP and bans them despite being one of the exceptional accounts or not even that. Simply sending in a support ticket should suffice to have them correct the error but it is still a very lacking system they have implented.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There are numerous countries completely banned from registering an account on PWI but any existing account before the blockade became active is still allowed: https://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1635

And then there is a list of countries which are fully banned including any and all existing accounts: http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1573/~/countries-which-cannot-play-perfect-world-games

However lately PWI has been (seemingly) randomly banning regions outside the listed countries (germany as example) or screws up someone's IP and bans them despite being one of the exceptional accounts or not even that. Simply sending in a support ticket should suffice to have them correct the error but it is still a very lacking system they have implented.

To make matters worse, the people affected tend to send tickets which are either:
    -Deleted upon submission
    -Auto-responsed/closed
    -Told by a support staff that the region they are in has been blocked for ages and must now leave the game

It's ironic how a company will kill their cash cow over time because they want cash that bad, but when a potential (or actual) customer of the company is banned from purchasing and using their goods and services, they fail to fix the issue and make it possible for said potential (or actual) customer to continue playing and paying in the game.

For a for-profit company, PWE often does things that are completely against wanting money. It tends to be either on the absolute maximum right of wanting cash or the absolute maximum left of begging it's customers to leave and not spend anything on their titles.

I often question which is it... Do they want your money or 'nah? Makes fairly little sense to remove players (probably by mistake...), and not resolve the issues; especially when you as the company are seeking to continue operating as a for-profit firm.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • zakfairvii
    zakfairvii Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    These locations are banned regions for Perfect World Entertainment:

•China
    •Cuba*
    •Egypt
    •Hong Kong
    •Iran*
    •Macau
    •South Korea
    •Syria*
    •Taiwan
    •Vietnam

thos country with * smelling racist for bann cuz they dont got any PW in region
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wasn't Russia on that list at some point? or did PW Russia get canceled?
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]