[Maintenance Discussion] 1/27/15 COMPLETE

1235»

Comments

• Krelian - Dreamweaver
    Krelian - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well sadly statistically most ppl DO go to work for just that .. a paycheck. I wasnt being a doomsayer only stating facts. b:chuckle
  • evojacemule
    evojacemule Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    SweetieBot, If you would learn to crawl the web for useful information I would call you A.I. will you SweetieBot crawl the web for all the past stock market exchanges?
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2015
    clyknight wrote: »
    Last week a "maintenance reboot" only was done in 2 hours

PLEASE FIX NOT EBING ABLE TO TURN IN THE YEARLY ATTENDANCE thing
    That's among the bug fixes that are currently in testing. No ETA on that patch, but it's definitely not going to be next week.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    SweetieBot, If you would learn to crawl the web for useful information I would call you A.I. will you SweetieBot crawl the web for all the past stock market exchanges?
    Would you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• evojacemule
    edited January 2015
    SweetieBot, who won the 1980 world series? If you tell me that, I will stop laughing at your stupidity!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited January 2015
    SweetieBot, who won the 1980 world series? If you tell me that, I will stop laughing at your stupidity!
    I think the fans were the big winners, don't you? I'll bear that in mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• Krelian - Dreamweaver
    Krelian - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Pretty sure sweetybot answers all questions it cannot answer with more questions. b:laugh
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited January 2015
    SweetieBot can confirm the servers are back up! Yay!

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 129ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 91ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 91ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 219ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 21ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 18ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 22ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 104ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• surtr
    edited January 2015
    Well, I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is that the developers were not able to resolve the character issues on Dreamweaver during tonight's maintenance.

The good news is that the server is back up.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• evojacemule
    edited January 2015
    SweetieBot What is why, but what is?

100% to Krelian
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited January 2015
    SweetieBot What is why, but what is?
    I like to consider all relevant facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Surtr wrote: »

The bad news is that the developers were not able to resolve the character issues on Dreamweaver during tonight's maintenance.

Heh heh heh. Muhahahahaha.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Surtr, so what's the plan for resolving these character issues. Will there be another attempt, was there any progress made in working out how to resolve it during the extra downtime?
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anyone else feel like this game is like a **** that refuses to be flushed completely?

I mean....they give us an expansion in December....and it is a complete wreck, with no fix available.

Sure, its in QA, as Surtr said...but that doesn't mean it will work, that we will get it.

Breaks my heart that such an amazing game took such a turn for the worse because of neglect.

And China wants to be a superpower. LOL
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited January 2015

So...?

Is this a conclusive response? Is this an ongoing issue being worked on? Is this the final resolution to the problem? I find it moderately humorous that the Chinese overloads had you guys take the server down to fix something, failed to do so in a timely manner, and your team promptly responds saying that while it was't resolved.... Then nothing! Wouldn't it have been somewhat reasonable and logical to conclude the statement with "we are still planning to work on this issue", or "we apologize for this failure on our companies end, and have made the decision that we are unable to further pursue a fix"?

It would be the equivalent of being asked a math question during a class, and when you state that you can't figure the question out, then you go silent and fail to respond whatsoever. Stating that you have been unable to resolve the issue ("Wanmei has been unable to resolve the issue"), but never stating the future resolution(s), is pretty poor PR and a failure to communicate effectively to your customers.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That's among the bug fixes that are currently in testing. No ETA on that patch, but it's definitely not going to be next week.

Hey Surtr maybe you can give a real answer because sparkie refuses or just simply ignores these posts, or gives nothing useful. Whats the rough ETA for the new classes finally getting their sage/demon/morai skills and their r93rd/G16 and 2nd cast nw rings? This "update" isn't huge especially since your just copy and pasting with different names and reqs for the r9 gear.... China has had all this stuff for over 3 months, we usually get stuff 2-3 months after them. It has now been over 6 weeks since the classes came out and there is still no skills or gear which are fundemental to the class.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • BlastFlare - Dreamweaver
    BlastFlare - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope they fix this problem and fix it well. I am glad they have publicly admitted there is a problem that needs fixed at the vary least. I am not affected by this, but I know quite a few who are. b:sad
  • surtr
    edited January 2015
    Surtr, so what's the plan for resolving these character issues. Will there be another attempt, was there any progress made in working out how to resolve it during the extra downtime?
    The developers are continuing to look into the problem, and we'll be doing more work on it during next week's maintenance.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The developers are continuing to look into the problem, and we'll be doing more work on it during next week's maintenance.

There's some positive feedback.

Unfortunately, it's probably fairly unlikely to see a resolution in this case. Wanmei's set of developers mainly focus on issues plaguing their version and when it comes to our own version, they often only work on issues that pertain to players unable to cash-shop.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • mymahem
    mymahem Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's some positive feedback.

Unfortunately, it's probably fairly unlikely to see a resolution in this case. Wanmei's set of developers mainly focus on issues plaguing their version and when it comes to our own version, they often only work on issues that pertain to players unable to cash-shop.

Well, that right there is a good enough reason for them to keep at it. Because, (and I describe this toon in detail not to be obnoxious but because I feel pointing out the magnitude of the loss is important and because I'm not the only one who lost such a toon), the rb2x 103/104/103 seeker with near maxed meridian and neuma I lost was heavily cashed when I decided to go from finished G16 to finished r9r3 with all S cards along with +10 - +12 orbs plus DoD and Saphire gems, etc. Countless packs opened for the love up and down tome among so many other rare pack items lost in her maxed capacity, full bank and cupboard. Tokens, charms, gems, badges, MoG's, so on and so on. Things I had for alts as well as the seeker I lost. Not to mention a maxed capacity and full wardrobe as well. The real cash loss of that single toon is ridiculous so I, for one, haven't "cashed" a single dollar since 1/8/15 and I won't until my seeker is either fully recovered to me or I'm provided with a new, complete seeker, of at least equal value and levels to replace her and all that's been lost in her bank, cupboard and wardrobe.

For me, losing that char is a great finacial loss. For PWE to replace her with a maxed char is nothing in comparison. Simply write the code and load it. It costs nothing. Seems fair I'd say, for such a loss that they are responsible for.

I'm willing to wait tho, and honestly would prefer to have the seeker I worked so hard on and invested so much time and money in over the years.

Thank you for your time. It's important to keep these threads alive and prominent. Lets not allow them to fall down the list too far.
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
    seeker blah blah blah blah... b:bye
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015

Thank you, Surtr. Even a few words such as these are more encouraging than none at all. To me at least b:surrender

I appreciate it and the continued efforts being made. I'm aware that as rough as this has been for us players, it's been no picnic for any of you either. I wish you all good luck on finding a way to restore things soon. Just... don't forget us. Please.
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • aetherguy
    aetherguy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sweetiebot, Display server status please
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited January 2015
    aetherguy wrote: »
    Sweetiebot, Display server status please
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 120ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 121ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 115ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 117ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 61ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 84ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 165ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kyrinrayne
    kyrinrayne Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    First I want to thank all my friends and the pwi community who have stayed with those of us who lost our toons. Your vigilance and kind comments are appreciated. Thank you <3

For the PWI staff and developers I appreciate that you're working on things. I know a fix may take a while but as long as you're working on it and communicate I'm willing to wait a little longer. I'm not here to beat peps up. I just want everyone who lost a toon or gear/items from their toons in direct relation to this issue to get their stuff/toon back. Thank you for the update and the communication.

Now not to be mean but I'm gonna ask for folks to post here to please keep this thread on topic. I know to those of you not affected it's not important or you think this is a joke but to those of us this does affect it's heart wrenching enough. So please keep this thread on topic because the next time it might be you searching through the thread for an answer that affects you this much.

Peace and have fun
    Mer
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Seems Morai got second Maintenance b:laugh
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is why i have a file of every dime and confirmation of money i spend on this game so if worst comes to worst i just get all money i spend on it back.

i read on BBB that some one just ask for what they spent back and they got it if i cant play my toon deleted because mistake on there end i get all of it back
  • mymahem
    edited January 2015
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    This is why i have a file of every dime and confirmation of money i spend on this game so if worst comes to worst i just get all money i spend on it back.

i read on BBB that some one just ask for what they spent back and they got it if i cant play my toon deleted because mistake on there end i get all of it back

Just have a look at the your "Purchase History". It's all there. They have it too. b:victory
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
  • condofar
    condofar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Number one reason I doubt BBB is because perfect world is not even a member of the bbb.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015

There's also a process you need to go through for a complaint with the BBB, if it does apply. You'd have to let them contact PWE, and they see if there is any action being taken to rectify the grievance you lodged with them. And unless something's changed (BBB became competent), they'll just hear that PWE is doing something and close the ticket. They'll do that without even verifying if the company is actually doing something, or telling the truth.