Sharding for a +10 rrr9 sin

Gingerpubes - Morai
Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Assassin
So as the thread title says...

I am sharding for defence, I will not go deity or dot.

I am tossing up between full vit stones or full dod with 1 piece vit, as I already have 1 piece with vit stones.

With the full vit stones I would also have higher base refines as vits are alot cheaper than dods on my server, but, with dods I would eventually start going josd but only have +10 armour.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Gingerpubes - Morai on

Comments

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dod -> +11 refines -> josd -> +12 refines
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Half PDef and Half HP shards on your aps set and Atk/Def Lv +2 on your PvP set. (the extra bits of defense from shards will come handy against Incarcerate and Steelation 3-3)

Now for your pvp r9r3 set you can mix half def and half att levels, or go full on one of those.

Well, thats just my opinion.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At current refine level, vit stones are much better than DoDs.

At +12, they are probably slightly better still or maybe near equal.

Can you actually upgrade your shards from DoD to JOSD after they are already in your equipment ?
    I didnt know that.

In that case, it makes some sense if you foresee that you can afford both +12 and JOSD within some reasonable timeframe.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At current refine level, vit stones are much better than DoDs.

At +12, they are probably slightly better still or maybe near equal.

Can you actually upgrade your shards from DoD to JOSD after they are already in your equipment ?
    I didnt know that.

In that case, it makes some sense if you foresee that you can afford both +12 and JOSD within some reasonable timeframe.

Only thing I do not like about switching out stones is you can not switch out equal lvl shards. I wanted to drop dot's in my hat for cit's and I could not so I left it as is, did not want to wipe all the shards out (2 dot, 2 cit)

For OP

With rebirth passives,nuema cards and meridian you really don't need decked out shards in pve to solo stuff. Even back in the day with the 5aps or gfto Niv squads, most of the sins gear around that time was laughable at best. Those squads did fast runs by one decently geared sin that could tank HF and amp was what made those squads fastother wise it was a garbage squad.

Even to farm 3-x it is a game of what you can get by vers what is comfortable. In PVP i would have to agree vit for +10 maybe even with jades at +12. As a sin you are still a 1 vs 1 class. +12 or not, you are going to get slapped around. I suggest going vit, less cost for the same benifit.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For the amount of money you'd spend on vit stones, you could probably full +11 at least. p;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Vit stones are more or less pointless, you have so many more appealing options to spend your money on if I remember your gear correctly. R9r ring refining should be priority to even +12. NW neck you didnt have(?), not sure bout stars destiny either.

I am still only +11 on neck and stars destiny myself, hence my p.def will go up when I get around to refining those but SoD buffed its 35k. Basebuffs on top of it and I`m just under 40k p.def. Add 105 NW pot and we are talking somewhat decent figures. If you are drastically below my numbers(Archer), you are either using m.def neck or you should be focusing on getting to similar numbers before thinking bout endgame sharding.

TL:DR get your base resistances up and forget shards for now.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    For the amount of money you'd spend on vit stones, you could probably full +11 at least. p;

Vit stones. 10 vit = 120 HP (i think 12 for sin right?) = 0.85m per HP + some defence bonus.
    + 11 refine = 85 gold = 250m = 340 HP = 0.7m per HP
    + 12 refine = 150 gold = 450m = 440 HP = 1m per HP.

So i guess vit stones with their little defence bonus are about equally cost effective as +11 refines.

If your sin currently has say 13k HP, 1% improvment needs 130HP = 100m roughly. (happens to be about 1 vit stone)

If you have 40 defence levels, 1 defence level will increase your PvE durability by about 0.7%.
    It will increase your PvP durability (your 40 def levels decrease your opponennts attack levels from 120 to 80) by about 0.6%.

So:
    vit stone = 1%
    DoD = 0.6%
    JOSD = 1.2%

At higher refines the vit stone will drop to 0.8% or so.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Vit stones are more or less pointless, you have so many more appealing options to spend your money on if I remember your gear correctly. R9r ring refining should be priority to even +12. NW neck you didnt have(?), not sure bout stars destiny either.

I am still only +11 on neck and stars destiny myself, hence my p.def will go up when I get around to refining those but SoD buffed its 35k. Basebuffs on top of it and I`m just under 40k p.def. Add 105 NW pot and we are talking somewhat decent figures. If you are drastically below my numbers(Archer), you are either using m.def neck or you should be focusing on getting to similar numbers before thinking bout endgame sharding.

TL:DR get your base resistances up and forget shards for now.

R9 ring absolutely. This thing is simply OP.
    neck and 2th ring not so sure. Espescially since i wouldnt +12 a G14 neck and a G16 one is very expensive. I know im used to work with barb numbers, but i think the difference isnt all that big. Sure we get 17HP per vit, but we also have much more of it already so percentage wise its pretty similar. (the numbers i just pulled out of my sleeve for the josd and vit stones in above post are also very similar as they are for my barb) For my barb vit stones and star destiny were pretty close. The G16 neck and making it +12 was lower on the list of cost efficiency.
    edited January 2015
    R9 ring absolutely. This thing is simply OP.
    neck and 2th ring not so sure. Espescially since i wouldnt +12 a G14 neck and a G16 one is very expensive. I know im used to work with barb numbers, but i think the difference isnt all that big. Sure we get 17HP per vit, but we also have much more of it already so percentage wise its pretty similar. (the numbers i just pulled out of my sleeve for the josd and vit stones in above post are also very similar as they are for my barb) For my barb vit stones and star destiny were pretty close. The G16 neck and making it +12 was lower on the list of cost efficiency.

Didnt mean +12ing those two, I dont think he has either of them yet and imo they should be of some priority. NW neck is expensive, true, its also pretty amazing. I personally refuse to vit stone my gear as difference on endgame is so ridiculous to jades and I might someday aim to get em. +12ing everything is high on my priority list among hoping for A chest promo so I can work on my candleflame. Considering most of my armors are still only +10 I got ways to go.
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Sorry, I didnt make myself clear, Im not talking about pve, I can solo pretty much everything I have tried in my current gear.

Im talking straight pvp :p

I have (or soon will have) both nw rings +10 g16 neck +10
    Emp is about a month away.

Usually in NW I have a cleric with me so I have cleric buffs alot of the time, if this makes a difference?

Thanks for helpful replys! :)
    edited January 2015
    Usually in NW I have a cleric with me so I have cleric buffs alot of the time, if this makes a difference?

That wont make any difference really. You will be basically buffed in NW regardless of a cleric in squad unless you time out your buffs. But like I said earlier, make +12 r9r a priority, pretty amazing thing.
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    edited January 2015
    Sweet as
    Thanks for the advice guys ^^

gz on your marriage Sami