Before I install....

Options
Mavalen - Dreamweaver
Mavalen - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
I'd love to get back into this game, however my memory is a bit foggy. If anyone could indulge me I have a few questions I'd love to have answered.

How does PWI run on Windows 8? I have a nice new laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GT 635m and it can run most games just fine, will it run PWI ok?

Does PWI have any protection software such as GameGuard or X-Trap or such? I can't remember.

How is the games population? Lots of people still on? Last I played it was hard to move around in the big cities due to all the shops and people running about.

I can't wait to get back into the game, one of the best memories I have of PWI is how pretty it was, and how huge the world was.

Thank you for your time.

b:thanks b:thanks
Post edited by Mavalen - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    How does PWI run on Windows 8? I have a nice new laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GT 635m and it can run most games just fine, will it run PWI ok?

Runs fine on Windows 8, I have it. PWI is more CPU / RAM intensive than graphics card.

Does PWI have any protection software such as GameGuard or X-Trap or such? I can't remember.

It might have something.... but I'm not too sure... Hopefully someone else will answer this.
    How is the games population? Lots of people still on? Last I played it was hard to move around in the big cities due to all the shops and people running about.

Not sure how long ago you quit from, but the population is decent; not the highest its been, but not that low. (or i just play during peak hours.)
    There's a big gap at the moment in the player base; at least from what I've observed.
    There are still a good number of veteran players who've been around for a long time.
    Since the last expansion and the 95 boosts, there has been an influx of new players or so it seems from world chats / squads for lower level things.
    That's how things are on Dreamweaver.

Getting to end-game is a lot longer now, though gears and stuff are somewhat easier.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Runs fine in Win8 and Win8.1, I played PWI on both and didn't have any issues. Arc included. The GT635m will be fine, the engine is as cruddy as ever and most cards have to muscle through it. I had a GT 620 and ran at at 1920x1080 at lowest, was generally 20-60+. On my 750 Ti FTW I run at 1920x0180 on max and I get about the same frames.
    Arc has protection software for an account being logged by a new computer. That's the only new protection. PWI itself has Safety Lock but anyone can just wait it out...

Before the expansion it was fairly empty, most people logged to play events and would **** around for a bit then leave. After the expansion I've seen more people log on and stay on. But that's hard to tell with all the free level 100's that showed up, for all I know it's still the same amount of players with new alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Mavalen - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thank you very much! b:cute

I'd still however love to know if PWI uses something like GGuard or X-Ttrap. While I abhor cheating, I find some of the anti-cheat programs (well those two actually) to be a bit of a pain in the ****. If they have there own custom program tho that would be fine (like how WOW has Warden).

Also are there any steps that I should take before installing?

b:thanks
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No, from what I've noticed over the years, PWI doesn't use any game guard-like programs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thank you very much! b:cute

I'd still however love to know if PWI uses something like GGuard or X-Ttrap. While I abhor cheating, I find some of the anti-cheat programs (well those two actually) to be a bit of a pain in the ****. If they have there own custom program tho that would be fine (like how WOW has Warden).

Also are there any steps that I should take before installing?

b:thanks
    As I know you even can copy pwi client from one computer to other and then it will work there (without install).
  • Mavalen - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied. I have PWI up and running perfectly now.

Back to having some fun in this beautiful fantasy land!

b:kiss
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Before you install:

1.game has lots of stage 3.
    2.game has lots of dailies.
    3.game has lots of alts now due to the massive bot reduction now 100's just log on 4+ alts at a time and void ToS like mad and do bh dailies in craptastic gear due to the insta-95 stones.
    4.dont let the population fool you.
    5.game is a habit to play.The enjoy factor really isn't there no more,just play to kill time.
    6.afk or wonder what to do next since there is nothing really to do in the game.
    7.Its rinse and repeat on a whole new scale but a good market gimmick "the longer you play maybe you will throw in some real $$ into the game"
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Before you install:

3.game has lots of alts now due to the massive bot reduction now 100's just log on 4+ alts at a time and void ToS like mad and do bh dailies in craptastic gear due to the insta-95 stones.
    5.game is a habit to play.The enjoy factor really isn't there no more,just play to kill time.
    6.afk or wonder what to do next since there is nothing really to do in the game.
    7.Its rinse and repeat on a whole new scale but a good market gimmick "the longer you play maybe you will throw in some real $$ into the game"

8. People like to point out the flaws and attempt to kill the fun for others. b:pleased
    9. People who don't like the game, but still play it. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Should work fine with those specs, unless you start to multi client, which seems quite common these days...
    Sadly, no. It has the ARC client but no anticheat measures on the client itself.
    Archosaur is still Laggosaur on most servers. But that's a given. Amount of catshops isn't a real indicator of server population. Some servers are slowly petering out - especially the PvP ones as no new players are starting out there (too hard to catch up, and PvP starved players will curbstomp lowbies for their own fun).
    I can't wait to get back into the game, one of the best memories I have of PWI is how pretty it was, and how huge the world was.
    If you return, recommend you do so to a PvE server. Sounds like you enjoy the PvE content more anyway.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Before you install:

You might as well just uninstall. I get bored of the game too but I go do other stuff for a few days come back and it's enjoyable again.

If you are really that miserable by all means uninstall.