Incorrect Territory War Times

Kniraven - Lost City
Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Quality Corner
Mods, Please Sticky this Thread until it is taken care of.

All Servers currently have Territory War Time Slots which mirror thos of Perfect World China instead of the correct server times.

The primary TW Time Slot should be Saturday 20:00 server time,
followed by Saturday 14:00 server time.

Currently we have 9am, and 2pm.

This is a MAJOR ISSUE. Please try to press the matter with your superiors.

This problem has been in effect as of the Eclipse Expansion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kniraven - Lost City on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    b:avoid i vote for keeping it this way, makes TW a whole lot more interesting
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • prince790
    prince790 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    b:avoid i vote for keeping it this way, makes TW a whole lot more interesting

Completely disagree. This time favors EU/Asia players, and not the server it was intended for. Please change immediately.
  • Merkrue - Raging Tide
    Merkrue - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ITT: crybabies who can't get up at 9
  • prince790
    edited January 2015

It's the principle. The server promoted 20:00/14:00 times.

Many who play on this server are just waking up, having breakfast with family, or sleeping in. East coast server times have been 20:00/14:00. This server is not an EU/Asia server. That is the point. The culture of this server clashes with 9:00 server TWs and this has caused many members to cashshop less, due to inconvenient TW times.

Most proponents of the current 9:00 times are EU/Asia players that play on this East Coast PvP server. All those against are East Coast players themselves.

Change the times like you guys changed the forges. Bring back the 21:00 times or TW season will be dull, dry, inactive, and simply boring.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    I'm a cash shopper,
    I've spent a lot of money improving my toon so that i could participate regularly in T.W.

I won't be spending more now that times have been incorrectly changed and wars are held during my work day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    Seek_NK - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same. Been spending more than enough cash on the game every month but haven't cash shopped for a while now.

Already started playing another game and will end up quiting PWI is TW times aren't fixed
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited January 2015

For example 50% of our officers work during saturday 9am TW slot. One sleeps due timezone but has far easier time to wake up for 2pm one. And so on and so on.

I can be added to list who refuses to CS more till TW times are fixed, just put 200e on another gaming company, too bad pwi cant get their sht together.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Uhh no. Not everyone on pwi is a school aged kid people work. The times they were before made that less of an issue.

Also sure people can QQ its actually at around 8am my time, 6am for anyone in the other time zone z.z.

USA server should be USA tw times
    edited January 2015
    >All these "I spent money so they should do <x>"

Entitled much, did you ever bother reading the ToS?
    Soon™
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I see both sides of this, and while Terms of Service does say that they can do anything they want, it is not too much to expect that PWE will keep control of certain things like TW times.TW times need to be fixed, this isn't really a matter for debate. Most players currently are finding it hard to TW with the current situation.the ones mostly not affected are those who play outside their time zones by a significant margin. Such as European playing on the west coast servers for people living in Asia playing on our servers.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • prince790
    edited January 2015
    >All these "I spent money so they should do <x>"

Entitled much, did you ever bother reading the ToS?

PWI's target marget is people with disposable income. It's about what's right for the server and cash shoppers make the game possible.

Change the time back to what it was last season. 20:00/14:00.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    New TW times are fabulous
    b:bye
  • prince790
    edited January 2015
    New TW times are fabulous

Only for the EU/Asia. Not for the intended East Coast.
  • koth0
    koth0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kniraven u qq too much u havent lost a tw since u fought insu and u behind ct shut up pls n ty
    only reason your asking for this is so u dont have to fight tavern while they have all members on being a eu guild js
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please fix this. I'm cranky at 9 AM. b:cry
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2015

USA server should be USA tw times

Finally decent times for Europe, and it's Perfect World International, not Perfect World Murica
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Finally decent times for Europe, and it's Perfect World International, not Perfect World Murica

When a game is a US East or US West server, one kind of expects the server times to match those time zones. Also, we have a European server. Theres your International.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please fix this. I'm cranky at 9 AM. b:cry

ye and what do u think europeans say bout getting up at 4am to gather up for 8pm (westcoast) tw (which is around 4-5am european time depending on where u live)?

leave tw times the way they are, this way everyone can play at ok times and not in the middle of the night

p.s. im ignoring the "go play on EU server" bullcrap. think for urselves why.
    (for those who cant think: if u gift me an account or 2 on EU server where i have everything ive farmed the last yrs in pwi id happily switch over
    if u say europeans r just too lazy to refarm lets do it this way: set ALL servers back to 0 and then lets see who cries the most :D)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    shashahah wrote: »
    ye and what do u think europeans say bout getting up at 4am to gather up for 8pm (westcoast) tw (which is around 4-5am european time depending on where u live)?

leave tw times the way they are, this way everyone can play at ok times and not in the middle of the night

p.s. im ignoring the "go play on EU server" bullcrap. think for urselves why.
    (for those who cant think: if u gift me an account or 2 on EU server where i have everything ive farmed the last yrs in pwi id happily switch over
    if u say europeans r just too lazy to refarm lets do it this way: set ALL servers back to 0 and then lets see who cries the most :D)

This is something that you should expect and be familiar with when playing any MMO that is based in America. I have played a couple of Europe-based MMO's before, and I always know going in that I am going to have issues with some event timings.

Play smart and expect something realistic. Don't expect a server based on the West Coast US to even come close to catering to Europe times. That's just stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    I play on a West Coast Server.
    I live on the West Coast.
    I expect West Coast targeted T.W. Times.

It's pretty simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't know why people are debating this. Looks more like trolling. The times do need to be fixed and I'm from the UK.

9am server time is like 2pm Saturday for me, I work during the week I have sht to do during my Saturday/Sunday afternoons.

Please fix thanks.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When a game is a US East or US West server, one kind of expects the server times to match those time zones. Also, we have a European server. Theres your International.

+100. Go play on the europe server. If I was on that server I wouldn't QQ about the tw times being targeted for europe I'd gtfo over it. Not saying europeans aren't welcome because there's nothing more hot than a UK girls voice over vent [ik im weird but that accent] but they should expect crazy TW times.
  • Merkrue - Raging Tide
    Merkrue - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    (not even responding to entitled whiners who need to have everything served to them on a silver plate)
    You people should be aware of two things:
    - EU servers were launched pretty late. People who remember PW-MY know what I'm saying. There was a huge number of players coming over to freshly launched East Coast servers from PW-MY and PW-MS. You can't expect people who started over back then to start over again, since:
    - EU servers were French and German. For everyone else there were East Coast servers. Unless they didn't mind announcements and most of the server talking in an incomprehensible language. These servers were merged into Morai, but it was pretty recently. As I said, you can't expect people to suddenly reroll and work for years to re-achieve everything they have achieved already.

Still those people, despite obvious difficulties with finding their place, have never been whining about 3 AM TWs, lucidsilver/gold chests, RWs, NWs, Tiger events, gold auctions and everything else.

Damn I wish there were servers transfers to solve this.

Oh, and to the "I'm CS so I'm entitled to xxx" card:
    - being a CSer doesn't make you a decision maker;
    - >implying EU people don't CS;
    - this game wouldn't exist without free players. Noone would spend their savings on OP gear if there was noone to roflstomp. And I'm saying this as someone who started CSing recently.

As I said... server transfers please >< until then, there will always be conflicts.

TL;DR the "EU players go to EU server" argument is invalid, so is "I'm a CSer so do what I say or else!".
    edited January 2015
    This is something that you should expect and be familiar with when playing any MMO that is based in America. I have played a couple of Europe-based MMO's before, and I always know going in that I am going to have issues with some event timings.

Play smart and expect something realistic. Don't expect a server based on the West Coast US to even come close to catering to Europe times. That's just stupid.

Other games also generally have an option to transfer from server to server.
    Other games actually have events that cater to everyone because they know their player base.

If there was an option for EU players to move to the EU server with everything they have on the US server, the US servers would be even more empty than they are at this point.
    But they don't do that in PWE for god knows what rediculous idiotic reason.
    Yes, database issues this and that, names.
    Bull****, you can use a namechange stone, they can just offer you to change your name if you're switching server. They're just too lazy to do it.

I don't see what's wrong with the 14:00 tw slots though, since that pretty much caters to everything and everyone.
    Soon™
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2015
    Other games also generally have an option to transfer from server to server.
    Other games actually have events that cater to everyone because they know their player base.

If there was an option for EU players to move to the EU server with everything they have on the US server, the US servers would be even more empty than they are at this point.
    But they don't do that in PWE for god knows what rediculous idiotic reason.
    Yes, database issues this and that, names.
    Bull****, you can use a namechange stone, they can just offer you to change your name if you're switching server. They're just too lazy to do it.

I don't see what's wrong with the 14:00 tw slots though, since that pretty much caters to everything and everyone.

It's not a ridiculous reason at all. It's simply not plausible.

Your character data is stored in about 5 different locations. (off the top of my head. PsyTrac, if you see this, feel free to step in and correct me.)

You have your basic information like quests, inventory, level experience, ect. is stored in an xml file. This file is identified by a unique number.

Your account ID sits inside on an SQL database and is sorted by Account ID, and then a set of assigned numbers for your character slots. Each assigned number for your character slot is the number of your .xml character file. This is a fixed table, which is also why we don't get more toons per account.

Then there's another SQL database that contains your character ID, name, guild relations, spouse relations, ect. Some of which is also in your xml file, but here it's cross-linked with the other various data that is related. (spouse, guild, ect.) That's just the basics.

There's a proprietary Berkley database that is named "uniquenames" or something similar, and it has your character names that you've used on the account, and cross-references this internally in the server code against the SPL databases to prevent duplicate names, and to ensure data cohesion.

Then there's another Berkley database that contains the faction relations, player lists, and stored faction data, that is cross-referenced with the second SQL database and it's information.

Lastly there's yet another Berkley database that contains the remaining affiliations. Friends list, spousal relations, contact interactions and so forth.

I won't even go into the logs, because that's a whole other level of data.

Now, the SQL databases and the xml files are the easy part. The Berkley databases, however, are a proprietary code that is interlinked with the SQL database tables. Remove data from one thing, and you get pretty much what's been happening on Dreamweaver lately, except to a level about 5 times worse.

Sure, they could put a team together to work on adapting the ability to migrate data, but fiscally, it's not even close to being worth it.

Also, don't throw the "well they merged x and y server..." argument back at me either. Those servers were set up sharing the same database servers so that a future merge like that would be possible. The name databases for US and EU servers are not linked at all. Neither are most of the West with the East.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    The European servers were made to curtail to the needs of European players.
    The East Coast servers were made to curtail to EST players.
    I DID come from MY-EN, Delphi server.

No, I don't expect you to change servers if you are on one not suited to your time zone.
    I expect you to accept that you are in a server not created for your time zone.

I however, am in a server created FOR my time zone, and the time slots have been botched and need to be reverted to the correct times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2015
    It's not a ridiculous reason at all. It's simply not plausible.

Your character data is stored in about 5 different locations. (off the top of my head. PsyTrac, if you see this, feel free to step in and correct me.)

You have your basic information like quests, inventory, level experience, ect. is stored in an xml file. This file is identified by a unique number.

Your account ID sits inside on an SQL database and is sorted by Account ID, and then a set of assigned numbers for your character slots. Each assigned number for your character slot is the number of your .xml character file. This is a fixed table, which is also why we don't get more toons per account.

Then there's another SQL database that contains your character ID, name, guild relations, spouse relations, ect. Some of which is also in your xml file, but here it's cross-linked with the other various data that is related. (spouse, guild, ect.) That's just the basics.

There's a proprietary Berkley database that is named "uniquenames" or something similar, and it has your character names that you've used on the account, and cross-references this internally in the server code against the SPL databases to prevent duplicate names, and to ensure data cohesion.

Then there's another Berkley database that contains the faction relations, player lists, and stored faction data, that is cross-referenced with the second SQL database and it's information.

Lastly there's yet another Berkley database that contains the remaining affiliations. Friends list, spousal relations, contact interactions and so forth.

I won't even go into the logs, because that's a whole other level of data.

Now, the SQL databases and the xml files are the easy part. The Berkley databases, however, are a proprietary code that is interlinked with the SQL database tables. Remove data from one thing, and you get pretty much what's been happening on Dreamweaver lately, except to a level about 5 times worse.

Sure, they could put a team together to work on adapting the ability to migrate data, but fiscally, it's not even close to being worth it.

Also, don't throw the "well they merged x and y server..." argument back at me either. Those servers were set up sharing the same database servers so that a future merge like that would be possible. The name databases for US and EU servers are not linked at all. Neither are most of the West with the East.

>create new toon on EU server
    >copy over CHARACTER STATS to that toon on that server, no spouse, no faction.
    >Under the precondition that toon on US server x gets completely deleted (you know, the delete button, but then sped up)
    >????
    >profit

You see what the problem is? Time, money and effort.
    They can't make a profit out of this kind of situation, it takes some time and it's pretty much (at least imo seeing how they manage to **** up certain things and fail to resolve others) too hard for them.
    Soon™
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    prince790 wrote: »
    Only for the EU/Asia. Not for the intended East Coast.

I live on the East Coast. TW times are perfect.
    b:bye
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    koth0 wrote: »
    kniraven u qq too much u havent lost a tw since u fought insu and u behind ct shut up pls n ty
    only reason your asking for this is so u dont have to fight tavern while they have all members on being a eu guild js

Knights beat Tavern today during the 09:00 time slot.
    They didn't even bother showing up.

Your move troll :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ocypete - Lost City
    Ocypete - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't forget to mention Apples beat tavern as well at the 9 am time slot