facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
Post edited by Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Us barbs already have a sh itty fire DOT, and a wood buff wich is not really that great.

BMs have that fist/claw attack wich requires a spark to add something like 200% fire damage to your attacks
  • pachwenko
    pachwenko Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love barb wood buff, paralyzing psys while they have psy will is rather funny. All for buffing bms though!
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I naver had much worries about dealing damage actually. You just dont want to fight other HAs that OK, thats what we are HAs for. To be buddies who wont kill eachother.

More magic resist i would prefer instead of dmg. A second VT like skill that can be cast in tiger. A tiger jump. (with the ability to swich forms in mid air) Thats the things i want b:pleased
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    vote yes! :3

there are 2 ppl that dont like us ! D:
    Fortune favors the brave

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options

I vote no because you use stupid wording in the poll making people chose between i hate barbs and saying yes to something they might not want to say yes to. :)
    When people try to manipulate me some way, i will by default do the opposite. b:kiss
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    hater! b:dirty
    Fortune favors the brave

• LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you use those low level elemental appo pots all your attacks can be fire or earth b:chuckle
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    RAWR

Please make this happen PWI!

Discuss !

Mono your fail. Bm's have an attack that adds fire damage to attack its called drakes breathe bash, and if you don't like it theres always apoth that adds magic damage to attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Why would a Barb need Earth magic? So that they can bury themselves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Go back to hf'ing, bm.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Alternatively, you can ask a fellow wizzy (yes, we exist o_O) to give you the super useless buff for water damage.

P.S. there are pots that add earth damage? I only thought there was fire, wood and water available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    RAWR

Discuss !

Let them have some Wizard's skill. Loooong channeling, slow casting, 1000 MP to cast and low damage output.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A minor elemental buff would be handy - it allows the BM's main debuffs to hit phys immunes (HF not always, but Glacial Spike will apply to almost any phys immune if you damage it). BMs do have a firebased attack, the fist twospark (Drakes Breath Bash), but it's so weak that it is not worth the sparks.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A minor elemental buff would be handy - it allows the BM's main debuffs to hit phys immunes (HF not always, but Glacial Spike will apply to almost any phys immune if you damage it). BMs do have a firebased attack, the fist twospark (Drakes Breath Bash), but it's so weak that it is not worth the sparks.

Wait, so if a BM has a buff from say a wizard, and uses HF on a phys immune mob, it goes through? (didn't encounter enough of phys immun mobs to notice)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wait, so if a BM has a buff from say a wizard, and uses HF on a phys immune mob, it goes through? (didn't encounter enough of phys immun mobs to notice)

Yes. the magic damage causes the skills effects to work. Same with barbs agro skills. Poison dmg allows you to ream and devour phys imunes.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Depending on the boss that is correct but be warned some phys immune bosses are immuned to HF... I.e: phys immune boss in aeu.... err fsp not aeu.

Though as ervyn said it is rather rubbish/hard justify using 2 sparks... yes 200 chi for 10... or 15 (cant recall which at the moment) seconds of added fire damage. Albeit it is still useful... its just very situational like a lot of bm skills.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    RAWR

Discuss !

Why don't you discuss?
    You didn't give any merit or reason as to why you want this?

What about sins?

You're posting on your post to get people to vote your way?
    Its a public forum, and a public poll.

If you want public opinion, let people vote their way.
    If you want to state your opinion, don't link a poll.

IMO, this is a poor post/poll.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    As a sage vit barb with r9rr+12 axe, sage poison fang (wood buff) adds a measly 3k to my damage. NOT TO MY ATTACK IN CHARACTER MENU, to the actual damage. It's pathetic, I only use it if I think I might fight a psychic, other than that it's utterly useless.

Drake's Breath Bash I haven't used in PvP yet. Useless in PvE aside from HFing a phys-immune mob.

Why don't you discuss?
    You didn't give any merit or reason as to why you want this?

What about sins?

You're posting on your post to get people to vote your way?
    Its a public forum, and a public poll.

If you want public opinion, let people vote their way.
    If you want to state your opinion, don't link a poll.

IMO, this is a poor post/poll.

smh b:lipcurl can't recognize a sattire when he sees it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sins have Condensed Thorn.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited January 2015
    Options
    As a sage vit barb with r9rr+12 axe, sage poison fang (wood buff) adds a measly 3k to my damage. NOT TO MY ATTACK IN CHARACTER MENU, to the actual damage. It's pathetic, I only use it if I think I might fight a psychic, other than that it's utterly useless.

Drake's Breath Bash I haven't used in PvP yet. Useless in PvE aside from HFing a phys-immune mob.

smh b:lipcurl can't recognize a sattire when he sees it.

Yup, sounds about right. I remember buffing my sin (2X back then) with my (G16 +5) wiz while triple sparked. No, I did not start oneshotting mobs all of sudden.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes. the magic damage causes the skills effects to work. Same with barbs agro skills. Poison dmg allows you to ream and devour phys imunes.

HF won't work on physical immune boss in FS. Which is why I prefer GS in that particular situation. I'm not sure about other physical immune mobs though. Never paid attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
    edited January 2015
    Options
    HF won't work on physical immune boss in FS. Which is why I prefer GS in that particular situation. I'm not sure about other physical immune mobs though. Never paid attention.

To be honest, I haven't even been to FS yet (waaaaay too lazy to go and do all the related quest foreplay), but, from what others have posted, the boss you refer to is also specifically immune to HF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

barbs have poison fang,

bms have drake's breath bash.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Archers have that fire arrow thing
    Archers have a wood arrow thing
    Archers have a water arrow thing

bm has fire thing
    barb has wood thing

your point?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    Options
    barbs have poison fang,

bms have drake's breath bash.

Poisoned fang doesnt cost anything but mana if I remember correctly.

Same with condensed thorn albeit it only last 15 seconds.

Dragons breath blast lasts 10 or 15 seconds costs 2 sparks... bms do indeed have a very costly skill to get elemental damage added.

Not that im really complaining about it but that is the fact of the matter... all three of the pure melee can indeed add elemental damage to their respective attacks each with their pros and even cons.

Still rather situationnal for the most part.

One more thing hf CAN work on certain bosses that are physicalimmune... one example of a boss that hf wont work on is the physical immune boss in fsp... mushis room. Forunately though as someone else pointed out glacial spike will work on the aforementioned boss... sometimes you just got to try once or twice. (To cover for the possible miss.. yes bms can miss lol Xd)

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Poisoned fang doesnt cost anything but mana if I remember correctly.

Same with condensed thorn albeit it only last 15 seconds.

Dragons breath blast lasts 10 or 15 seconds costs 2 sparks... bms do indeed have a very costly skill to get elemental damage added.

Not that im really complaining about it but that is the fact of the matter... all three of the pure melee can indeed add elemental damage to their respective attacks each with their pros and even cons.

Still rather situationnal for the most part.

One more thing hf CAN work on certain bosses that are physicalimmune... one example of a boss that hf wont work on is the physical immune boss in fsp... mushis room. Forunately though as someone else pointed out glacial spike will work on the aforementioned boss... sometimes you just got to try once or twice. (To cover for the possible miss.. yes bms can miss lol Xd)

Duskblades only get elemental damage from Sage Lunar Grace (And its not even available yet), means demon duskblades are not having any elemental damage to counter phys imune psys. (Well, at least until morai/primal skills come out)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Duskblades only get elemental damage from Sage Lunar Grace (And its not even available yet), means demon duskblades are not having any elemental damage to counter phys imune psys. (Well, at least until morai/primal skills come out)

I must admit I dont know much about the new classes... but if im not mistaken a duskblade is more like a seeker in the fact it can attack and kill at a distance?

If that is the case then I dont really consider it a true pure melee. That is why I didnt really consider seekers as true melees in that... for the lack of a better word... list. Xd

I consider seeker more of a off brand melee as they have a phenomenal potential to smoke ANYTHNG at a distance... wouldn't be too surprised if the new classes see something similar when their respective r93r comes out.

• laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    b:surrender oh hell no when i see a barb i think cute fluffy and hug-able they are not they stink all to high hell and they can owen your A$$ you ever try telling a barb he can have the last curly fry as he drps the axe on table no there to OP see this nub That Was BARB
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What bms and barbs need is an accuracy buff. Stop this nonsense of needing a magic attack....thats what AA is for.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What bms and barbs need is an accuracy buff. Stop this nonsense of needing a magic attack....thats what AA is for.

haha, yes we have that one already too.

I tell you really, what we need is a tiger leap. We are tigers FFS. Have you ever seen a tiger that cant jump ?!