combo to 1 shot the world

Options
2»

Comments

• $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I hate to be the one to state the obvious to the people saying apot like IG doesnt work...

it does -.-

While IG doesnt block the damage u take from moving, it does block the skills people will use to push u around, so u can just IG + not move = not take dmg
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Toliman: The skills I listed are for force-moving an enemy after a Storm has thrown their debuff on him/her. There may be others as well - several skills that state to only move NPCs (such as Bramble Tornado) do seem to work on PCs in specific instances too. List of these:
    Wizard: Will of the Phoenix

Not work in PvP as I know.

Read
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=168031
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Outside of revamped skills, can you give an idea of just what these "specific circumstances" are? Because part of why everyone got so peeved with Mystics is they got a working PvP knockback while all other classes before them had no such thing.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ... I guess we'll have arcanes pulling catas next then b:laugh

AA barb anyone?

I've been AA cata barb for a long time now, i'm tankier than most barbies on my server because 45k p def and 48k mdef with 21k hp is pretty op. Not to mention a wizzy has **** chi gain for triple spark purify/ad, teleport, and the most powerful heal in the game.

Truthfully anyone with any good amount of skill can pull a cata.

And fyi Stormbringers will be amazing for pulling catapults, i've already done it a couple times in my faction's alt guild and if you combo correctly you can gaurentee you won't die for minimum 30 seconds reguardless how strong your enemy is. End game stormy will have 60-70k p def for 32 sec also during a push after you use your 30 sec no death combo.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've been AA cata barb for a long time now, i'm tankier than most barbies on my server because 45k p def and 48k mdef with 21k hp is pretty op. Not to mention a wizzy has **** chi gain for triple spark purify/ad, teleport, and the most powerful heal in the game.

Truthfully anyone with any good amount of skill can pull a cata.

And fyi Stormbringers will be amazing for pulling catapults, i've already done it a couple times in my faction's alt guild and if you combo correctly you can gaurentee you won't die for minimum 30 seconds reguardless how strong your enemy is. End game stormy will have 60-70k p def for 32 sec also during a push after you use your 30 sec no death combo.

Maybe it is better to get barbs, and other people, who know what they are doing, rather than to rely on AA people to pull cata. That way, both your main, and alt factions wont be losing land week after week lol. Obviously your plan to be AA cata puller isnt working.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you're gonna pull cata as an AA class, you should probably be a cleric. p; Only AA class with survival skills near what a barb has at their disposal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you're gonna pull cata as an AA class, you should probably be a cleric. p; Only AA class with survival skills near what a barb has at their disposal.

you can't heal yourself while being cc ijs. Also stormbringer literally has a 8 second turtle during which you either have faith or ad with a double heal to full hp at the begining and 6 seconds in.

Also if were talking later in, you will also have anti purge, a skill that will allow you to triple spark 2 times in a row (first triple, then gem, then lunar blessing, then triple again), 60-70k pdef (this is 94% defense, my wizzy with 70k earth defense has about 94.44%), anti stun and more.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    funny combo, unlikely to be useful in TW tho, way too much needs to be invested to kill a single target, where TW is more about AoE and area control. Cat barbs are already unable to tank anyone when their skills are on cooldown, diminishing returns on pdef and mdef have basically given most classes the same % damage reduction (or close) as barbs with the current base stats people have, 40k in both defenses is hardly an accomplishment these days :P I can only see this being useful in a 1-man army scenario in TW (granted this cud very well be the case on other servers, I dont know about that)

still funny combo ^^ good find

Didn't you read the other posts? This can be manageable in 1v1 if you're paying attention, but in mass or group PvP it's ****** broken. Sure, you can use a couple immunities, but what's going to stop a second SB from using it on you again after? Even if you can stand still and tank the assist attack coming your way, enemies can just reel in, transpose, and knock you back into death. Also, if extreme poison and atk/def lvls don't effect it, that means invoke or other% damage resists won't work either.

Sounds like TW and capture the flag will either be stagnant or the side with better geared SB wins.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sounds like TW and capture the flag will either be stagnant or the side with better geared SB wins.

Or you just kill the damn sb since 99% of them will be hella undergeared. ez.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    For the foreseeable future at least, I'm with Eoria on this.

There may be one or two people who go all the way on stormbringer out of the gates but they likely already have endgame toons. Going to TW or NW with a stormbringer, even if it's r9 (of which I've seen exactly 1) isn't worth it if you're giving up using a super endgame toon.

There may be people who use them for the novelty but until they get cards, spirit, access to sage/demon skills and morai skills, they're playing nerfed and really won't be much of a threat, at least to people who already were solidly geared.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    For the foreseeable future at least, I'm with Eoria on this.

There may be one or two people who go all the way on stormbringer out of the gates but they likely already have endgame toons. Going to TW or NW with a stormbringer, even if it's r9 (of which I've seen exactly 1) isn't worth it if you're giving up using a super endgame toon.

There may be people who use them for the novelty but until they get cards, spirit, access to sage/demon skills and morai skills, they're playing nerfed and really won't be much of a threat, at least to people who already were solidly geared.

xD I already beat some average r9rr players (melees only, not enough DMG at to kill arcane R9s) (weap +10/gears +7-ish) on my SB with currently Astral Sky 3 and passives at 8/8/7. Doing ok so far. Most people just don't know how to counter SBs atm so the suprise is on my side :D

For TW yep, it might be wise playing with the main, but NW doesn't really matter. There are so many people with so many dif. styles of gears...actually it's too boring to go NW with a main, only if you end up 30 vs 1...then it could get interesting. A new twink, especially a new class is always fun to play..even if you just Holy-path + tab + oneshot people.

Cards and Spirit shouldn't be a problem for people that got an endgame main. My SB opened ~70 A packs the moment she hit rb. Another 2700 C-Packs have been waiting in her inventory to level all 6 A-Cards to lvl40. That's just decent.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    edited January 2015
    Options
    damnit joe is about 6 days ahead of me.... why did you waste so many resources on refines? i'm leaving all my r9r +3-+5 until r9rr then i'm insta +10/+12 everything cause i have everything waiting... however i do already got 2 s cards on him just need to level them...

Oh and i did an nw on him last weekend with only 20k soulforce i got 600 tokens... so yes this class is amazing for nw. your pets do true damage to towers and you can insta cap flags. And the movement debuff is stupidly op.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  • ParasiteEve_ - Raging Tide
    ParasiteEve_ - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I might be wrong for asking this but wouldn't a well timed tripple spark+ prot pots and AD negate the effects of Electrostatic discharge and the majority of that bum rushed combo that seems to happening?

( i don;t pk much so my knowledge is pretty shallow in this area)
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I might be wrong for asking this but wouldn't a well timed tripple spark+ prot pots and AD negate the effects of Electrostatic discharge and the majority of that bum rushed combo that seems to happening?

( i don;t pk much so my knowledge is pretty shallow in this area)

Electrostatic Discharge is such an OP skill that once it was aplied cannot avoid taking damage if you move. And even if you dont want to move SB got a skill that will make you moveb:chuckle.
    You will take dmg even with AD, IG. And it cannot be purified.b:victory
    giphy.gif

• ParasiteEve_ - Raging Tide
    ParasiteEve_ - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    hmm interesting maybe Psys might be able to save thier teamates Psionic Link + Soul of Retaliation(if it works like that) and Cleric's with Seal of the God (to minimize damage taken) and Primal Quid Pro for Seekers

I'm not trying to knock the SBs I know they're awesome but I do believe like all pvp games there's gonna be atleast one class to counter attack or negiate another class's trump card
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2015
    Options
    DoTs still do full damage through SoG, not to mention that you can't SoG your own teammates in TW/NW.

Literally the only way to not get damage from it is by standing still in immune/having a psy use psionic link on you. Or you can just outheal it like you can with a sin's Death Chain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.