4x Damage with Avatar of the Storm

God__himself - Archosaur
God__himself - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Stormbringer
As many of you may know that pets such as from Venos and Mystics deal full damage to lv 150 mobs (aka lv ? mobs). The interesting thing is Avatar of the Storm counts like a pet and the damage it deals bypasses the level reduction effect. I know because I have been dealing full damage in FSP and FW bosses and other lv 150 mobs such as the seasonal daily quests.

It might not seem like a big deal but let me try to convince you why it is.

There are many 150 mobs that are suppose to take only 25% damage but with a strong Stormbringer things may start dropping like mad. Because of its low cooldown and chi cost it can be casted continuously, needing only one spark a stormbringer can cast attack spells or Lunar Guidance buff to regain enough chi. Even with a 30 second cooldown a sage version can stay out for almost half of that duration. And although the skill doesn't receive base damage from you base magic attack it is nonetheless still strong scaling off your magic weapon.

Imagine casting this skill on the following:

- NW Bridge Battle Turrets
- Celestial Tiger Bosses
- FSP (especially the 5 bosses)
- FW (possibly mobless with 3-4 good Stormbringers)
- World Bosses
- Lunar Bosses
- Resource Wars Bases (and maybe Carts)
- Primal mobs
- OHT Mobs

And tons of more smaller things.

I understand that Mystics and Venos already get this bonus from their pets however I believe Stormbringers receive a much higher damage output than those due to its 100% scale with weapon damage. If all the classes had the same gear, I believe stormbringer will out-dps any class against lv lv ? mob with the exception of possibly aps sins. However aps is now being nerfed as well with the physical damage reduction that bosses are now receiving such as in FSP.

Obviously this isn't going to be such a big thing or a real uproar but nonetheless I found it interesting and pretty useful for the new class! b:cute

Update: I found myself tanking aggro already in instances like EU with other g16s. I was using g15+4 weapon along with 2 offensive A cards and level 4 Endless Breeze passive. Since G16 is 40 atk lvls with Jones for a 170% damage, it was awesome to see myself with 130% damage out-dps other casters and seekers. However it probably has to do with my Emperor tome and rebirths as well but still nonetheless I feel so much power coming my way when I max out primals, neumas, meridian, titles, and so on.

PWI YouTube Channel: -> youtube.com/channel/UCTBXOoQ0a4Y2tXg8XnzvVBg

SweetHara lvl 105-105-103 SB -> mypers.pw/1.8/#141749

God__himself lvl 105-105-102 Cleric
Post edited by God__himself - Archosaur on

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for proving that SB are the best casters in game atm:
    I do daily quest: Winter is Coming were i have to kill lvl? mobs. I use avatar of the storm on them and at lvl82( my lvl) they take the same dmg as lvl80+mobs.
    giphy.gif

• God__himself - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Well I'm not exactly trying to prove that they are the best, but I do believe they are a great caster class. I always hated being restricted to cast skills while staying still, their whole new playstyle makes the game almost seem new to me in a good way. I'm sure all classes have their own perks but I just wanted to bring stormbringers to the front as well. b:thanks

And yes, the quest mobs are so much easier with it, I just pull 5 mobs and storm them all at once. It is faster than even using my cleric to kill them since he does not have much AoE or mobility as stormbringers do.

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As many of you may know that pets such as from Venos and Mystics deal full damage to lv 150 mobs (aka lv ? mobs). The interesting thing is Avatar of the Storm counts like a pet and the damage it deals bypasses the level reduction effect. I know because I have been dealing full damage in FSP and FW bosses and other lv 150 mobs such as the seasonal daily quests.

It might not seem like a big deal but let me try to convince you why it is.

There are many 150 mobs that are suppose to take only 25% damage but with a strong Stormbringer things may start dropping like mad. Because of its low cooldown and chi cost it can be casted continuously, needing only one spark a stormbringer can cast attack spells or Lunar Guidance buff to regain enough chi. Even with a 30 second cooldown a sage version can stay out for almost half of that duration. And although the skill doesn't receive base damage from you base magic attack it is nonetheless still strong scaling off your magic weapon.

Imagine casting this skill on the following:

- NW Bridge Battle Turrets
    - Celestial Tiger Bosses
    - FSP (especially the 5 bosses)
    - FW (possibly mobless with 3-4 good Stormbringers)
    - World Bosses
    - Lunar Bosses
    - Resource Wars Bases (and maybe Carts)

And tons of more smaller things.

I understand that Mystics and Venos already get this bonus from their pets however I believe Stormbringers receive a much higher damage output than those due to its 100% scale with weapon damage. If all the classes had the same gear, I believe stormbringer will out-dps any class against lv lv ? mob with the exception of possibly aps sins. However aps is now being nerfed as well with the physical damage reduction that bosses are now receiving such as in FSP.

Obviously this isn't going to be such a big thing or a real uproar but nonetheless I found it interesting and pretty useful for the new class! b:cute

Not really news for me as I used and figured out everything above mentioned already weeks ago xD but ty for your sumerization (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, stronghold assault you can run in reaper formed, drop avatar after clicking yes, and the 22k health ? lvl mobs die in seconds. Pet bypasses for the same reason. Think it was already listed in the discussion thread.
    edited January 2015
    Sorry, I must have been so awestruck at the time. I can't wait to see these new classes in pvp and pve instances sooner or later. I can imagine so many useful thing like summoning the storm in a TW and spawnkilling your opponents. I am glad PWCN created new dynamics to the game. This will make fighting with or against them so much more interesting!b:victory

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    Sorry, I must have been so awestruck at the time. I can't wait to see these new classes in pvp and pve instances sooner or later. I can imagine so many useful thing like summoning the storm in a TW and spawnkilling your opponents. I am glad PWCN created new dynamics to the game. This will make fighting with or against them so much more interesting!b:victory

It's definitely nice in PvP, I've actually done pretty well against other people in NWs that have gear giving them 9k health even, compared to my almost 5k at the time. You just need to be ready to run if your damage against them is pretty low, since that means they have higher spirit or other things that mean winning is unlikely. But even a K or 2 of damage is usually worthwhile to fight it out, because it is surprising the number of times you can win in such instances.

And our defenses work great against sins, from the experience I had. Killed a cleric at a crystal, and took flight to leave since reinforcements were coming. I still had reaper form going, since I used it to protect against plumeshots and get boosted damage. And a sin actually tele-stunned to me, and then proceeded to APS. Only had 2k base phys def, and he had decent gear judging by the speed of the attacks. And he still died afterwards once I got some distance while living through his attack and then floating away while stunning him. Dropped him, because he couldn't wait for reaper form to end.

Avatar sees a lot of use in general though. Someone digging flag or crystal, avatar 'em. They need to apoth dig or give up until it ends. Someone leading a pack through a narrow section? Avatar em and damage everyone coming through with them. Managing to then fight them with them still inside the avatar is even better. Got some extra chi you can burn through? Avatar and then ED them. Staying or leaving means taking damage. Or tie in Devouring Darkness with pet stun to lock them inside.

Bottom line, it's great in PvE and PvP. I've got it on a macro for lazy FSP'ing, which is really making me want to start dual-boxing in there. Because I have no idea how people make macros in there, that leave them dying on mushi from not sparking.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Mystic has a Cragglord that is also quite powerful and temporary - that class has had the ability to use a temporary heavy hitter for a while. I'm not sure how it compares to the Storm's double though.

[Edit] Short macro with spark erupt in it tends to solve the mushi problem above. You can often filter dualboxers by them failing to move their toons at Succubus instead.

And Cragglord does require some handling. It's abilities are fire based, but it's basic attack is phys. Devs missed an opportunity by not giving Cragger a primal version which would scale with the owner gear like Veno legendary pets do. Would have been more useful then that pathetic Devil...

But PWI is continuing the trend. New race introduced - outclasses previous races in PvP once gear is equal. Thus enticing the heavy cashers to basically buy such a character.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Mystic has a Cragglord that is also quite powerful and temporary - that class has had the ability to use a temporary heavy hitter for a while. I'm not sure how it compares to the Storm's double though.

Cragglord is terrible though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Best part about these summons....unlike mystic/seeker summons and veno pets they can not be killed....even the short duration that thicket has it can be killed ive tested it several times on the screamer boss in FC when ppl used to do it.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's definitely nice in PvP, I've actually done pretty well against other people in NWs that have gear giving them 9k health even, compared to my almost 5k at the time. You just need to be ready to run if your damage against them is pretty low, since that means they have higher spirit or other things that mean winning is unlikely. But even a K or 2 of damage is usually worthwhile to fight it out, because it is surprising the number of times you can win in such instances.

And our defenses work great against sins, from the experience I had. Killed a cleric at a crystal, and took flight to leave since reinforcements were coming. I still had reaper form going, since I used it to protect against plumeshots and get boosted damage. And a sin actually tele-stunned to me, and then proceeded to APS. Only had 2k base phys def, and he had decent gear judging by the speed of the attacks. And he still died afterwards once I got some distance while living through his attack and then floating away while stunning him. Dropped him, because he couldn't wait for reaper form to end.

Avatar sees a lot of use in general though. Someone digging flag or crystal, avatar 'em. They need to apoth dig or give up until it ends. Someone leading a pack through a narrow section? Avatar em and damage everyone coming through with them. Managing to then fight them with them still inside the avatar is even better. Got some extra chi you can burn through? Avatar and then ED them. Staying or leaving means taking damage. Or tie in Devouring Darkness with pet stun to lock them inside.

Bottom line, it's great in PvE and PvP. I've got it on a macro for lazy FSP'ing, which is really making me want to start dual-boxing in there. Because I have no idea how people make macros in there, that leave them dying on mushi from not sparking.

Sin's with high speed normally have the worst gear. R9.3 is 3.33 aps usually, 2.86 is sage. G16 is 4 aps, 3.33 if sage. Unless you have an int tome.

With 2k pdef, he should have 1 shot you even with g16. Meaning his gear wasn't that great.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    Sin's with high speed normally have the worst gear. R9.3 is 3.33 aps usually, 2.86 is sage. G16 is 4 aps, 3.33 if sage. Unless you have an int tome.

With 2k pdef, he should have 1 shot you even with g16. Meaning his gear wasn't that great.

2k base, that's not counting the phys def buffs from cleric, bm, and reaper form.
    edited January 2015

I chose to make a stormbringer for that sole reason. On the Archosaur server about 50% of the toons are sins (over-exaggerating of course). Storms so far as I can see have the best kit to destroy them. Reaper form, mobility, electrostatic discharge, everything really. You can imagine because sins only have 1 range skill, and 2 jump skills after those are down on cooldown a sin must get in melee range. Pop debuff on them and run around with rrr9 weapon proc in reaper form and they are basically dead.

Besides from sins they are seemingly the best at mass pvp. Equipped with 10 AoE skills (6 non-chi, 2 storms, 1 pet, 1 Supercell for 2 sparks) they can wreck from afar when their 15 meter added range skill comes out. For those 8 seconds you have 42 meter range spell attacks and even out-range sage archers with their range skill on.

I originally love DD roles because I show the most skill when it comes to it. Even their 3 minute cooldown healing skill is op when used to dodge purges or damage in pve or pvp. Storms are powerhouses with reaper, mobility, and combos when played correctly. Of course every class has their own strengths but I just fell in love with this new attack and running style. I feel like I do drive-bys when I holy path and shoot at mobs or players while running at 15m/s.b:laugh

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    I chose to make a stormbringer for that sole reason. On the Archosaur server about 50% of the toons are sins (over-exaggerating of course). Storms so far as I can see have the best kit to destroy them. Reaper form, mobility, electrostatic discharge, everything really. You can imagine because sins only have 1 range skill, and 2 jump skills after those are down on cooldown a sin must get in melee range. Pop debuff on them and run around with rrr9 weapon proc in reaper form and they are basically dead.

Besides from sins they are seemingly the best at mass pvp. Equipped with 10 AoE skills (6 non-chi, 2 storms, 1 pet, 1 Supercell for 2 sparks) they can wreck from afar when their 15 meter added range skill comes out. For those 8 seconds you have 42 meter range spell attacks and even out-range sage archers with their range skill on.

I originally love DD roles because I show the most skill when it comes to it. Even their 3 minute healing skill is op when used to dodge purges or damage in pve or pvp. Storms are powerhouses with reaper, mobility, and combos when played correctly. Of course every class has their own strengths but I just fell in love with this new attack and running style. I feel like I do drive-bys when I holy path and shoot at mobs or players while running at 15m/s.b:laugh

Pretty much, despite how people like to claim sins can do X instead of APS, reality pats them on the head patronizingly. Because even in plume shell, my cleric would get tele-stunned and APSed.

Fact is, people are right; most sins suck completely. They play like ****, and rely on their gear to win. Maybe some of the heavy TWs between powerhouses has the decent ones, but those mostly just knifethrow one-shot people who aren't end game, so it's kind of hard to tell. Those that don't one-shot, APS.

Doesn't matter the reason, lack of skill or not seeing a reason to do anything else, it still ends up the same. And since all SB are going to be lacking in spirit from low boundary level, that disparity isn't going to be overcome for a while yet. Maybe a handful, but they can do their own sandbox sand castles. This is for the overwhelming majority.

So sage will be running around with passive 90% damage reduction from those APS sins, even buck nekkid. With even decent gears, and some buffs, it's going to be pretty easy to squish those sins. And I look forward to doing my part to induce rage quitting amongst the incompetent sins out there. Best part is, we have multiple anti-stealth abilities as well. So we're the whole package, without needing apoth to do it.
    edited January 2015
    Pretty much, despite how people like to claim sins can do X instead of APS, reality pats them on the head patronizingly. Because even in plume shell, my cleric would get tele-stunned and APSed.

Fact is, people are right; most sins suck completely. They play like ****, and rely on their gear to win. Maybe some of the heavy TWs between powerhouses has the decent ones, but those mostly just knifethrow one-shot people who aren't end game, so it's kind of hard to tell. Those that don't one-shot, APS.

Doesn't matter the reason, lack of skill or not seeing a reason to do anything else, it still ends up the same. And since all SB are going to be lacking in spirit from low boundary level, that disparity isn't going to be overcome for a while yet. Maybe a handful, but they can do their own sandbox sand castles. This is for the overwhelming majority.

So sage will be running around with passive 90% damage reduction from those APS sins, even buck nekkid. With even decent gears, and some buffs, it's going to be pretty easy to squish those sins. And I look forward to doing my part to induce rage quitting amongst the incompetent sins out there. Best part is, we have multiple anti-stealth abilities as well. So we're the whole package, without needing apoth to do it.

I even get Triple Sparked by a Demon rrr9 sin in NW on my cleric from time to time. Of course I can plume shell and run well with the flag but it always seems that that one person stalled me long enough for suddenly 10 more players as back up. I do love my cleric but some situations aren't best for them especially since sins target an rrr9 cleric over a tt90 wizzy.

However the issue isn't only with sins, as much as sins target us so do rrr9 demon archers... I would see them literally hiding behind their friends to just triple spark or quickshot to auto-attack us to death. It almost shows no skill except for maybe 2 clicks. Then when I am in position to fight back, they jump away and wings of grace behind more teammates. My friend who is actually a great sins ultilizing sparks, defense skills, stealth, can easily catch them off guard and 2 shot them with his primal skills. Maybe its just a class difference but it goes to show how much of chicken they really are. I am not sure about everyone else but about 75% of my NW whispers come from Archers either raging or calling me noob for dying in a 1 vs 7 situation.

Now here is where stormbringers come in, electrostatic discharge, anti-purge, reaper form, nightshade passive all shut down these kinds of archers. If these rrr9 archers auto attack my cleric for 800s and 1.6k crits, then they'll do like 200s and 400s crits on a stormbringer. This should force them to use skills for once instead of their autos.b:shutup

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    The reason you rarely see archers use skills is that... well.. archer skills frankly suck. In most cases, skill spamming for archers will yeild less damage than they'd get from autos and on top of that, their weapon proc (aka the only thing people really fear archers for when at the same gear level as them) doesn't work with the vast majority of their skills. That kinda leaves them stuck with autos, barraging groups, and... using their defensive skills to run and hide the instant people on par with them in terms of gear look their way.

So offensively, there's not much that will differentiate a good archer from a bad one. Their offense is gonna suck if you're a threat to them regardless. It's how they behave defensively that tends to show the ones who are good since they know when and how to run and survive well enough to keep coming back and being a nuisance. And considering archers are one of the weakest classes in the game defensively (they don't even have a self heal, for crying out loud) it says a lot to see an archer thrive when on the defense and without outgearing their opponent(s).

.... but Stormbringers are still gonna crush em regardless so... trololololol
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited January 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The reason you rarely see archers use skills is that... well.. archer skills frankly suck. In most cases, skill spamming for archers will yeild less damage than they'd get from autos and on top of that, their weapon proc (aka the only thing people really fear archers for when at the same gear level as them) doesn't work with the vast majority of their skills. That kinda leaves them stuck with autos, barraging groups, and... using their defensive skills to run and hide the instant people on par with them in terms of gear look their way.

So offensively, there's not much that will differentiate a good archer from a bad one. Their offense is gonna suck if you're a threat to them regardless. It's how they behave defensively that tends to show the ones who are good since they know when and how to run and survive well enough to keep coming back and being a nuisance. And considering archers are one of the weakest classes in the game defensively (they don't even have a self heal, for crying out loud) it says a lot to see an archer thrive when on the defense and without outgearing their opponent(s).

.... but Stormbringers are still gonna crush em regardless so... trololololol

That can be true but I consider Archers one of the strongest in game. They have skills to get out of sticky situations such as their jumps and stealth. They already have really high weapon damage with can scale really well with skills like Stormrage Eagleon which I believe does 600% Weapon Damage is pretty massive. Combo with other skills I have seen Archers destroy Barbs since the damage is magic damage.

I guess it does count as their playstyle but it seems like PWCN purposefully made these new classes in response to an auto-attack issue. b:chuckle Either way I cannot wait to troll around these players with such a highly mobile class and utilizing their own hit and run technique ten times better!

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited January 2015
    We've already derailed a bit, so might as well give an anecdote from this very recent NW, as well as a strange tip that can help.

So, typical talentless sin at the RH side crystal, I go up to fight and get telestunned and APSed, he was doing nothing but the psychic behind came up and hit me for 6k damage (hadn't died in a long while, so didn't have buff and only 5.3k health).

Ported for res, got the one next to beginning crystal. Checked the map and saw one heading to it. Start approaching and recheck map and notice the dot hasn't moved. Panned the camera to look inside the cavern, see nothing. So I figure it's the sin; unfortunately the reaper form is down from using it at previous encounter.

So I summon my shadow, immediately heal it, and head into room next to crystal. Without a target, I can't command it to do much to lead my movements. So I decided to try a trick, and hope the sin is too dumb to use an AoE.

I basically imitated a dog chasing its own tail. By keeping the circle at a nice small diameter, it's basically impossible to tell who is following whom.

It worked, sin bounced out of stealth and hit my shadow, so I started stunning and dropped avatar. He had the damage reduced to 1 skill on, so stunning was fair game. I continued running around the edge of the avatar, so he'd have to stay in or cut through to get a hit at me. Which means taking damage from avatar, no stealthing for him. Ended up killing him through DPS spam of Downburst while running, coupled with Ice Bullet's from my shadow and me.
    edited January 2015
    We've already derailed a bit, so might as well give an anecdote from this very recent NW, as well as a strange tip that can help.

So, typical talentless sin at the RH side crystal, I go up to fight and get telestunned and APSed, he was doing nothing but the psychic behind came up and hit me for 6k damage (hadn't died in a long while, so didn't have buff and only 5.3k health).

Ported for res, got the one next to beginning crystal. Checked the map and saw one heading to it. Start approaching and recheck map and notice the dot hasn't moved. Panned the camera to look inside the cavern, see nothing. So I figure it's the sin; unfortunately the reaper form is down from using it at previous encounter.

So I summon my shadow, immediately heal it, and head into room next to crystal. Without a target, I can't command it to do much to lead my movements. So I decided to try a trick, and hope the sin is too dumb to use an AoE.

I basically imitated a dog chasing its own tail. By keeping the circle at a nice small diameter, it's basically impossible to tell who is following whom.

It worked, sin bounced out of stealth and hit my shadow, so I started stunning and dropped avatar. He had the damage reduced to 1 skill on, so stunning was fair game. I continued running around the edge of the avatar, so he'd have to stay in or cut through to get a hit at me. Which means taking damage from avatar, no stealthing for him. Ended up killing him through DPS spam of Downburst while running, coupled with Ice Bullet's from my shadow and me.

That's a very smart move, usually what I do is Reaper Form for about 25 seconds. Near the end of the Form I summon my clone which will stay in Reaper Form for the whole time. Then being it's bright self, it attracts all the attention from the player thinking that it is the real me and low geared since the class just came out. They only kill it to find out I set up a perfect Ice Bullet into Avatar then Electrostatic Discharge. They run away they die, they stay they tank avatar. I follow up with Frigid Thunder and Tidal Force for their chance to immobilize and snare and they are long dead. b:chuckle

That is just one of my combo I know, the other like the one-shotting combo mention in the forums is also one of my favorites. Ice Bullet into Electrostatic Discharge and then Lunar Surge to force them to move at least 9 meters (12 if I set up charges correctly).

• Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I like using avatar of storm against ? mobs like TT bosses, RB delta and others. I noticed this when I was doing the winter daily where I need to kill 4-5 ? mobs. Once I know avatar is a pet-like summon, I started to gather the ? mobs, cast avatar then aoe them, and all mobs will die even before avatar times out.

Been using it on full RB delta, and ended up getting agro from seeker vortex lol.

I might be mistaken but avatar damage greatly relies on weapon damage, so having a good weapon (in my case S1 warsoul) with high refine will be very effective.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
    edited January 2015

I might be mistaken but avatar damage greatly relies on weapon damage, so having a good weapon (in my case S1 warsoul) with high refine will be very effective.

That should be correct. The skill log says only 100% weapon damage and a flat amount, I think if it did part of our base magic damage as well it would of been seem as overpowered considering that it hits every second. Once rrr9 version is released in PWI I should be able to roll good stats and +10 it at least. Depending on how much I will like playing it, I shall farm further for +12. b:dirty Sorry PWI, but no money for you, only my time and effort. b:chuckle

• ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have noticed that using Avatar of the Storm on huge bosses (like Ethereal Abomination) has zero effect. It's summoned miles away from boss. So off topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have noticed that using Avatar of the Storm on huge bosses (like Ethereal Abomination) has zero effect. It's summoned miles away from boss. So off topic.

Yeah that part is unfortunate, but I expect that for at least most of us, our SB's will be mainly in FSP and warsong, both of which keep to relatively small bosses (or in the case of incacarate just tall, rather than spread out to mess with summons).
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2015

You have a strange idea of "decent gear" if you think with 5k hp you could survive.
    Must have a lot of alt's playing NW on your server and tbh your making it sound like you have SO MUCH skill on SB that anyone who has played a class for years is no match for your weeks of experience with an SB....dont go round killing alts and trying to claim there trying hard lol