Clerics. What pisses you guys off or annoys you when your in a squad?

Comments

• zuzanny
    zuzanny Posts: 4
    edited November 2014
    Minor compared to the other pet peeves here, but I hate it when people can't stay still for buffs, then complain when they don't get one. I have had luck to not meet too many terrible players.

That is funny as hell. Good for you .

My pet peeve is no 1 stays still for buffs anymore. They rush in with no buffs. My job is to buff them so as they r running around in an instance I have to individually buff all of them That just pisses me off that the squad doesnt stay still to get buffed.

Another pet peeve of mine is WHO'S the TANK??!!! Every 1 thinks they r tanks.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    zuzanny wrote: »
    Another pet peeve of mine is WHO'S the TANK??!!! Every 1 thinks they r tanks.

Tank is whoever can hold aggro and not die. Simple as that.

With modern gears basically everyone CAN tank. Clerics can't be picky about that anymore.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Tank is whoever can hold aggro and not die. Simple as that.

With modern gears basically everyone CAN tank. Clerics can't be picky about that anymore.

Especially since Clerics can be tanks now! b:chuckle
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I ran FSP earlier, 2 clerics, one was in UVD tanking toad. The other was also in uvd and only realized that he was supposed to be healing once I pointed it out in squad chat (note that by this point I'd already died from not getting a purify)
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You know what my pet peeve is? When the clerics think they're metal mages and don't heal my ***. Oh, Oh! And don't even get me started if there is MORE THAN ONE CLERIC. God forbid a cleric throw the tank an IH or cast Chromatic...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • opkossy
    edited November 2014
    You know what my pet peeve is? When the clerics think they're metal mages and don't heal my ***. Oh, Oh! And don't even get me started if there is MORE THAN ONE CLERIC. God forbid a cleric throw the tank an IH or cast Chromatic...

Funny enough... I was in a Warsong squad with two other clerics a while back and asked publicly which of them was going to heal since I was the most geared person in squad and was goign to tank it in UVD.

Not a single response.

I go to do a full pull and everyone follows and... dies because BOTH the other clerics decided they wanted to metal mage so I wind up as the only survivor.

Then after telling them off for it they apologize and we start snake... all is well until his AoEs start killing everyone because... again... both other clerics decided to DD and don't even attempt to heal themselves muchless the squad.

So I wound up saying **** it, kicked em both after telling them off for acting like that, and healed/DD'd myself because I get real annoyed when there are other clerics in squad and they act like complete idiots instead of even attempting to provide some support.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ... usually if you got multiple clers in party, it's wise to designate who'll heal so there's no confusion. I usually try to get the weakest weapon player to take on that job - and take over myself if either I'm weakest weapon (at G16+7 that happens often enough) or if the player in question proves to be less-then-competent at the job (IE people keep dying due to lack of heal or puri).

I don't get angry about that kind of thing anymore - happens too often so it's more or less expected now.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Pirundirune - Heavens Tear
    Pirundirune - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This was probably more of a complaint when not everyone was a tank, but here I go anyways.
    I hated it when clerics would only use chromatic instead of IH in nirv. I'm gonna need a little more than a mediocre heal every 4 seconds to stay alive on my full DD sin. b:shocked Actually, I was lucky if I got that considering they thought they were DD instead of a healer.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When doing BH69 with 2 cat form barbs, and 2 sins, and not one single interrupt the entire time. They may say it's ok since I was able to purify and heal and no one was close to dying, but that kind of laziness is a big indication of why skill has gone downhill so much. The good ones didn't bother, the bad ones didn't bother learning, and the newer ones don't even know it's possible.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When doing BH69 with 2 cat form barbs, and 2 sins, and not one single interrupt the entire time. They may say it's ok since I was able to purify and heal and no one was close to dying, but that kind of laziness is a big indication of why skill has gone downhill so much. The good ones didn't bother, the bad ones didn't bother learning, and the newer ones don't even know it's possible.

I've noticed the same, and it's quite sad considering how much it eases ur ttime with many bosses if u know how to interrupt.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Mh, tried that on my own kitty-in-training a few times, but if you have more then 300ms lag, you can forget about interrupting most boss effects unless you can predict when they happen before the cast animation starts.

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Mh, tried that on my own kitty-in-training a few times, but if you have more then 300ms lag, you can forget about interrupting most boss effects unless you can predict when they happen before the cast animation starts.

The good barbs only needed to get it right once, after that it was an auto-CD thing. They capped their interrupt skill at a specific level, so they just needed to hit it again once the CD was up. That was something that was common knowledge, that kinda goes back to my original point.
  • XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear
    XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When r9 clerics ask my G16+7 cleric if they can BB at 5 Kings <.<
    And when people start saying that they'd rather the r9 dd (something I'm in full agreement with)...no response b:sweat
    Sometimes BB doesnt get dropped til after Mushi is lured so I have a feeling that in some cases the cleric has to afk but doesnt want to say so. But honestly I'd rather 'I need to go afk for a few, okay if I BB?' than the implication that they think G16+7 is somehow better than r9+10 or higher at dding b:bye
    Heaven's Tear - BigHearts Leader
    SoshiLove - 102/101/101 Celestial Sage Cleric (Pure Mag)
    xSicaChux - 101/101/9x Sage Veno (Full Vit)
    AngelSinx - 101 Sage Sin (Mostly Pure Dex)
    b:cute
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Sometimes BB doesnt get dropped til after Mushi is lured so I have a feeling that in some cases the cleric has to afk but doesnt want to say so.
    I do that on purpose actually, and set the BB a little forward of center. Mushi tends to AOE and sometimes unattentive squishies don't get out of the way before something tanky decides to pull the boss - without BB, that can be a oneshot.
    I cancel BB after the first time you get sparks from him if it's not interrupted before then.

As for that R9 asking to bubble: I'd automatically assume that player is dualclienting the instance.

• chase1435
    chase1435 Posts: 11
    edited December 2014
    This isn't to tut my own horn but lately...
    I seem to be the best DD in my squads even while being the only healer. Attack til aoe then chb xD top everyone off then go back to tanking the boss. XD WithOUT primal cyclone. *~* also in normal so i can the chb going to others.
  • XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear
    XLolitaHIMEx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I do that on purpose actually, and set the BB a little forward of center. Mushi tends to AOE and sometimes unattentive squishies don't get out of the way before something tanky decides to pull the boss - without BB, that can be a oneshot.
    I cancel BB after the first time you get sparks from him if it's not interrupted before then.

As for that R9 asking to bubble: I'd automatically assume that player is dualclienting the instance.

Come to think of it, the squad leader did tell us to drop it when we asked why the R9 wanted to BB. Maybe you're right and they were dueling but didnt want people to know b:chuckle

I used to hold BB for a bit on Mushi til he passed chi but I often find I get interrupted before that so I dont really bother anymore Q.Q. And also the 'drop BB and spark!!! Dont have full chi at this boss!!11!' because BB doesnt cost 2 sparks or anything XD

And yeah, the 'wow look at all the damage I do in VD!' attitude from a lot of clerics is really frustrating. When not on my cleric I've seen rank 9 clerics play metal mage in VD while everyone around them is dying and only once most of the squad is dead do they get out of VD and start healing. And even then its usually half-hearted CHB spam b:surrender
    Heaven's Tear - BigHearts Leader
    SoshiLove - 102/101/101 Celestial Sage Cleric (Pure Mag)
    xSicaChux - 101/101/9x Sage Veno (Full Vit)
    AngelSinx - 101 Sage Sin (Mostly Pure Dex)
    b:cute
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Well... like my faction boss says... Can't deal damage if you're dead. Cleric's primary job is keeping the party alive, that's their role in the game. If you don't need to heal then fine, go VD and DD (happens often enough with a BPd melee heavy squad, or if you have a myst that does his fast heals when needed). But if you got a team that needs heals, then leave the DD to the DDs.

• Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There's a few I haven't seen in awhile but have appeared again because of the 95 pill:

"You BB while I focus on purifying and IH" Other cleric: what's BB?

"You focus on purifying the bosses (this case was nob and pole) debuff while I BB" Both clerics set up BB and one died very quickly

BH99: lv 97 cleric enters VD at Hellfire, pulls agro and dies then complains when the other cleric refuses to res them until Hellfire is dead

BH59: Lv 98 cleric says the group needs a second healer

Lv 90+ Psychic dieing in an instance because they don't understand how Black Voodoo effects agro

Sin in TT80 gear that thinks BP is enough heals to tank Hellfire

This is more of a glitch with some of their skills atm I think, but Stormbringers that run and try to attack but can't and die to mobs swarming them

Cleric that advertises in WC as a healer, but when in the instance never heals anyone else

Cleric that said they would heal, but showed up with TT90 LA and axes and no magic weapons: "I'm an axe cleric, I don't heal" They were quickly kicked by the squad lead
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    "You focus on purifying the bosses (this case was nob and pole) debuff while I BB" Both clerics set up BB and one died very quickly

I'm getting immensely tired of charm tanking Pole/Nob on 8X unreborn characters that can't self-purify because the 3+ level 100 clerics in squad not only don't bother to purify but also don't heal and instead stand around being decorations.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I'm getting immensely tired of charm tanking Pole/Nob on 8X unreborn characters that can't self-purify because the 3+ level 100 clerics in squad not only don't bother to purify but also don't heal and instead stand around being decorations.

b:laugh Some of them insist only barb can tank pole and refuse to heal you if you aren't one.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • fantasya310
    fantasya310 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Cleric that said they would heal, but showed up with TT90 LA and axes and no magic weapons: "I'm an axe cleric, I don't heal" They were quickly kicked by the squad lead
    LOL b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my attempt for a decent signature

- respect -
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Sounds a bit like Kitty's HA/claw-archer. Kitty's got kicked from FWS-squad a couple times for coming in wearing T3-axes(Lunar-based, just 'cause T2/T3-armors give so much str). Kitty's actual weapons being T3+5-claws(5APS) and T3+10 crossbow.b:bye

Though, axes work quite well on archer, too. Kitty's solo'd water pav without buffs, never swapping from axes to any other weapon during that pav.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • fantasya310
    fantasya310 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Sounds a bit like Kitty's HA/claw-archer. Kitty's got kicked from FWS-squad a couple times for coming in wearing T3-axes(Lunar-based, just 'cause T2/T3-armors give so much str). Kitty's actual weapons being T3+5-claws(5APS) and T3+10 crossbow.b:bye

Though, axes work quite well on archer, too. Kitty's solo'd water pav without buffs, never swapping from axes to any other weapon during that pav.b:chuckle
    Yes but a cleric that wants to join your bh or whatever saying that he would heal and then showing his rambo set is not, how to say, correct. You cant claim that youll heal and then u want to do experiments, cuz if squad needs heals and you are the only one able to heal decently and you came in saying you will heal...you cant, simply cant, come to dd or other. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

my attempt for a decent signature

- respect -
  • bazookapc
    bazookapc Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    @ the original thread title: I once got called a newb for casting Chromatic Healing Beam after my squad's every encounter with a mob to ensure that the entire squad was at full HP.

I also got called a newb for refusing to embrace someone for chi when there were tons of small mobs around from which the blademaster looking for chi could easily have attacked for chi. -,-
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hate it when people ask me to heal. b:angry
    I'm a metal mage damnit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hate being addressed as Cleric. Heck, use Seren or CNB...it's less letters for you to type...but I hate being addressed as cleric.

I hate being told how to heal. (It's one thing to pm me helpful advice about something I may not know, or an instance that I openly profess to be weaker in. (EU and AEU since I hate running them), but being told to heal and purify, or revive in a dungeon that I am very proficient in...that's annoying. Even in dungeons that I rarely run, I still do know basic heal mechanics. I do feel like if I'm not telling you how to do your job, you shouldn't be telling me...unless for some reason I either do not know, or am clearly doing a poor job.

Being told that I can only do fire pavilion in Warsong, or being denied from squads because they need a soloer for anything other than fire and metal and I volunteer. (This doesn't **** me off, but it does annoy me some.)

I can solo any pavilion there. I can clear my pavilion after, and I have successfully soloed Cannon. Heck, If I have to, I can tank the whole dungeon including the final boss if another cleric heals me....so to be denied for Warsong because you need a wood/earth/water soioer, which I am capable of doing does irritate me some.

Helping a lower leveled player, and they choose to get another 100+ player because I am a cleric, and they don't think I can kill what they need to kill. -__-
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited March 2015
    It seems that lowbies like adding those 100+ players regardless of the class, and when you ask reason they say "cause it's faster" and I drop the squad.

Hate when you have two clerics in squad and you have to specifically ask them to revive someone after waiting for a good while when a boss fight is already done.

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ... Hate when you have two clerics in squad and you have to specifically ask them to revive someone after waiting for a good while when a boss fight is already done.

yeah, seems that most clerics are multiclienting. Happened to me a lot while running an instance. Always checking if they 'stay behind a corner' (read: not following anymore). If that happens I'll just kick them out of the squad and continue for the kill or kick myself out and leave them alone.

I don't play the cleric-class much myself but if I do most of the time I'm 'healing' others. Always disliking dudes who just run far away and start killing a boss while I'm about 400 miles away lol.

b:shocked used Kitty's font-color for this reply
  • Umbramagis - Archosaur
    Umbramagis - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I love being in squads with other clerics, mostly because if I see them start "main healing" I switch to UVD and start doing all the other things clerics can do, such as debuffing b:laugh Hell, I do my warsong pavs in UVD, and the only one I can't do is water, and that's only because I've never done it before b:cute

@The Question: Basically being told how to cleric. Or getting screamed at because a squishy sin died after stealing aggro after Demon Sparking and going APS. I can't heal you if you're a one-shot tyvm...

And not exactly a pet peeve as such, but at Toad in FSP. People wait for the Tank to "get aggro" and I start zapping and debuffing Toad, and they're all like "But, he needs to get aggro" and I'm like, "we have big problems if the tank can't keep aggro off the bat... ijs."
    The Doctor - Speak his name, and he will come. No matter where he is in time or space, if you need him, he will come.

Umbramagis - Celestial Sage Cleric 101/101/101 - Full G16 - Main
    Impedim - Celestial Sage Sin 101/8x - Full G16
    TerraEnsis - Demon Seeker 100/8x
  • sexylatina
    sexylatina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When people re-name me as cleric instead of my Ingame name, i don't bother replying like literally .. just ignore them, xD If i wanted to be named a cleric i would of had the name Cleric...but honestly whats the point of having to make a ingame name if no one is using our names in the first place? back then they used too....Thats probably the only thing i can say...that triggers me from everyone in a squad