Question About Lunar Guidance

saberflare
saberflare Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Stormbringer
The buff say "reduces damage from normal attacks" but people are telling me it reduces skill damage. So which one is the correct?
Post edited by saberflare on

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Both. It reduces both altho it seems that autoattacks are reduced a bit more compared to skills/ranged Phys dmg. But it still reduces the incoming dmg quite a bit.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Both. It reduces both altho it seems that autoattacks are reduced a bit more compared to skills/ranged Phys dmg. But it still reduces the incoming dmg quite a bit.

Really? I tested it last night vs an archer, it reduced the auto att damage by the 20% but when I had him start spamming physical skill damage it didn't reduce the damage in the slightest, was kinda depressed b:sad.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • dark8hamster
    dark8hamster Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    really, did it reduce auto att dmg of archer? i've tried to test but i didn't catch, reduce this buff archer att or not.

I thought that Lunar Guidance reduce only melee auto att dmg by ~20% (not archer att cause it's not melee) AND passive Blood of the Nightshade reduce melee skills dmg by ~25% and att melee dmg by ~65%
    So finally we have reducing 25% melee skills dmg and ~72% melee auto att/ thats right?
    Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia b:surrender
  • saberflare
    saberflare Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    so.... lunar guidance does what? and our passives only decrease physical skill damage?

getting mixed responses
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So it is true, I tested it quite decently.

EDIT.4: I tested lunar guidance now. It only reduces Auto-attack dmg. It doesn't reduce dmg from skills at all. The range doesn't matter here. Still...it heavily reduces APS dmg by over 50% tho. Those skill descriptions are really ***** up. The 50% only apply to the SB itself. The 20% stated on the skill are accurate for any other class you buff. Only logical explanation for this is that the passive and the buff stack in terms of Auto-attack DMG. Kinda renders this skill pretty useless which is a major letdown. But meh, luckily we got the passive that works even better than expected:

The passive skill does reduce any kind of Physical dmg at least. Doesn't work for elemental dmg.

OK weired thing is...the passive does also reduce physical skill dmg depending on the range you are using it from.

I tested it with my seeker and my cleric. The cler and the SB have been normalized (means they are nearly equal in terms of all parameters) and I've used lvl1 dual blades on the seeker for consistent dmg.

Here goes:

the cleric gets hit by Wind blade (ofc w/o the proc):

no matter the range: 1,6k - 3,2k (crit)

the SB gets hit by the same skill: (w/o Lunar Guidance)

close range: 746 - 1494
    ranged: 969 - 1939

the SB gets hit by the same skill: (with Lunar Guidance)

So you see, the buff doesn't make any difference at all when your enemy is using ranged skills. But the passive skill does reduce any kind of physical dmg with the addon that if you are using those "ranged" skills while being in "melee" range (I guess that depends on your weapon) then it will not reduce the dmg by 23% (like it said it would on skill dmg) it'll reduce it even further by another ~30% which still doesn't come close to the melee reduction.

EDIT: LOL, just lol. Their passive reduces any skill dmg by nearly 30% if it's being used from melee range xDDDDDD All skills from my seeker get drastically reduced depending on the range (altho there are only 2 modes: ranged = normal dmg and very close = reduced dmg). It reads nowhere to do such a thing. But neat indeed (:

EDIT.2: LOOOOOOL it does reduce dmg this way from any class and any kind of dmg... Just tested it with all my clerics and venos skills. This is freaking neat. The reduce is pretty constant and is around 30%.

EDIT.3: I figured out the range. Anything within 5 meters between you and the SB will be reduced by 30%. So if you're up against some SBs, make sure to be on range all the time and too bad for you sins, all their skill dmg is at 4.5m =P which explains why the dmg I got from sins was so tiny in most cases.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • demansfairy
    edited January 2015
    So it is true, I tested it quite decently.

EDIT.4: I tested lunar guidance now. It only reduces Auto-attack dmg. It doesn't reduce dmg from skills at all. The range doesn't matter here. Still...it heavily reduces APS dmg by over 50% tho. Those skill descriptions are really ***** up. The 50% only apply to the SB itself. The 20% stated on the skill are accurate for any other class you buff. Only logical explanation for this is that the passive and the buff stack in terms of Auto-attack DMG. Kinda renders this skill pretty useless which is a major letdown. But meh, luckily we got the passive that works even better than expected:

The passive skill does reduce any kind of Physical dmg at least. Doesn't work for elemental dmg.

OK weired thing is...the passive does also reduce physical skill dmg depending on the range you are using it from.

I tested it with my seeker and my cleric. The cler and the SB have been normalized (means they are nearly equal in terms of all parameters) and I've used lvl1 dual blades on the seeker for consistent dmg.

Here goes:

the cleric gets hit by Wind blade (ofc w/o the proc):

no matter the range: 1,6k - 3,2k (crit)

the SB gets hit by the same skill: (w/o Lunar Guidance)

the SB gets hit by the same skill: (with Lunar Guidance)

So you see, the buff doesn't make any difference at all when your enemy is using ranged skills. But the passive skill does reduce any kind of physical dmg with the addon that if you are using those "ranged" skills while being in "melee" range (I guess that depends on your weapon) then it will not reduce the dmg by 23% (like it said it would on skill dmg) it'll reduce it even further by another ~30% which still doesn't come close to the melee reduction.

EDIT: LOL, just lol. Their passive reduces any skill dmg by nearly 30% if it's being used from melee range xDDDDDD All skills from my seeker get drastically reduced depending on the range (altho there are only 2 modes: ranged = normal dmg and very close = reduced dmg). It reads nowhere to do such a thing. But neat indeed (:

EDIT.2: LOOOOOOL it does reduce dmg this way from any class and any kind of dmg... Just tested it with all my clerics and venos skills. This is freaking neat. The reduce is pretty constant and is around 30%.

EDIT.3: I figured out the range. Anything within 5 meters between you and the SB will be reduced by 30%. So if you're up against some SBs, make sure to be on range all the time and too bad for you sins, all their skill dmg is at 4.5m =P which explains why the dmg I got from sins was so tiny in most cases.

A constant 30% damage reduction FROM OUR PASSIVE from anything as long as we stay close to them? Anyone else think that's broken to hell? And I though we were OP enough as it is.
  • dark8hamster
    dark8hamster Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    EDIT.4: I tested lunar guidance now. It only reduces Auto-attack dmg. It doesn't reduce dmg from skills at all. The range doesn't matter here.

so, some strange questions:
    1) none of skills doesn't reduce auto-att arhcer, right? what about archer-skills in close range (i mean wing-skills)?
    2) if f.e. sin will have weap with range bonus and his distanse will be more 5m, skills dmg and auto att dmg will be reduce or not?
    3) same question of melee-aoe. all of them deal dmg in 8-12m around target. and some has a range 8m. so when dmg to SB will be reduce?

i didn't catch, you mean here exactly phys dmg of melee classes, not elemental of archers and AA classes, right? A bit curious wording )
    Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia b:surrender
  • demansfairy
    edited January 2015
    so, some strange questions:
    1) none of skills doesn't reduce auto-att arhcer, right? what about archer-skills in close range (i mean wing-skills)?
    2) if f.e. sin will have weap with range bonus and his distanse will be more 5m, skills dmg and auto att dmg will be reduce or not?
    3) same question of melee-aoe. all of them deal dmg in 8-12m around target. and some has a range 8m. so when dmg to SB will be reduce?

i didn't catch, you mean here exactly phys dmg of melee classes, not elemental of archers and AA classes, right? A bit curious wording )

Joe was testing the moonfairy's (i mean stormbringers >_>) passive. Lunar guidance(the squad buff) will reduce ANY auto attack which includes archer's auto attack. The passive, blood of the nightshade, however is ranged based and ANY type of damage, magic or physical who's source is within 5 meters of you will be reduced by apparently 30% (I tried w/ an Ep using great cyclone at different ranged and it did reduce the damage significantly once the ep got close).

tldr: if you fighting a magic or ranged(ea or seeker) class get close to them, if you fighting a phy class, their damge is gonna be reduced anyway when they try to hit you since they need to get close and stay close.