Dailies

Options
Cotillion - Dreamweaver
Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
The nostalgia topic had a lot of people complaining about having no time to do anything thy want because they are slaved to dailies.
I'm curious how many people actually do all the dailies.

Personally, I do not.

If bh is Ghost Wing, then I'll more often than not skip the bhs for the day (bh EU is easy, but I just don't like it) and run PV or run fsp or full warsong or something I want to do.
Or sometimes I just don't want to do all the primals and only do the ones that pay coins.

Yeah, some may say I miss out on some potential exp and rewards.....but IMO I gain much more as I'm doing what I want to do and the game doesn't feel like job slaved to cramming in dailies.
Post edited by Cotillion - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Im like you dude, i stopped doing dailies ages ago.

I'll do the occasional BH but usually because the squad i go with is ppl i know and the run tends to be fairly funny and enjoyable. I stopped doing Morai and Primal a long time ago. In fact i joined Luminance a while back and i haven't even got around to doing anything for them.

In fact im not even sure what I do in this game anymore, stand around and chat is about it b:shutup
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I do Skyowl/Liu Soo/Heroic/Snow primal dailies + gbq + three FSPs a day. About it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I used to do every daily in 3 characters, then JJ in 2 more, now I don't even log in regularly. If I log in it is to do BH on my SB, maybe some quests, but I don't feel like playing for hours anymore.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    How boring must the game be if your gonna do
    morai
    primal
    faction
    bh
    cube
    PV
    aeu
    nuemas

I pitty those who religiously do it all b:surrender

I have done my primals somewhat religiously when the new ones became available. I have done PV religiously for a few months till i decided to F with 105105105. Nuemas has always been the big issue. They are so rewarding, but the most boring.

Its pretty sad actually that they try to keep people active this way. 5 out of 8 on that list are simple the repetition of 2-3 minute runs\quests that offer zero challenge to anyone. Pure mindless waste of time. BH, cube and AEU the other ones. Wow, why dont we do more AEU ? Its clearly the most entertaining of all :)
    Oh ye, i forgot FSP, thats the winner then :p (and the only one that i kept doing daily till the end)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I do all the dailies on all the toons I play daily if possible.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I do all the dailies on all the toons I play daily if possible.

I saw your ambitions in that other thread of yours.

Stop wasting your time and start being productive :p
    • primal - most important to do until you have your sky level and passives up to date. no other way to get those.
    • PV - very worthy time investment if you can a good number runs a day. 50 hours worth of PV 7 runs per token or so gets you an emperor tome worth of stat points ! = 50m per hour)
    • nuemas - If you are in europa and asleep during resource wars. Else F them.
    • FSP - Quite good financially, one of the most important if you want A card sets as the cost is doubble when you have to buy them. (5m per hour)
    • bh - medium. (3m per hour)
    • cube - waste of time, just farm coins elsewhere and buy the **** (1-3m per hour)
    • aeu - waste of time from financial viewpoint (2m per hour)
    • morai - total utter waste of time
    • faction - ehm, what shall i say, do it every now and then to keep them happy ? b:surrender
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Based on how long I'm free that day to play pwi, I'll do what I can fit in, primal and pv nowadays.

Thankfully done with nuemas a long time ago (Resource Wars is OP for those btw)

If I have extra time I'll try squeeze in one or two FSP runs, and maybe a Sky Pirate Drake if the timing is right.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • aquale
    aquale Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    None of my toons is not yet rebirth so I don't do Primal dailies. I'll start doing those when it is time for that.

I do:
    - BH. Especially if BH2 can be done with active points. Otherwise I don't do BH2 unless it is TT2-3 Wurlord or have a good squad. I stopped doing AEU for BH after I got those essences back in quest. That bush version was awful and confusing. I guess I should stop whining and go to AEU when it is BH next time.

- Morai. I need prestige and influence for skill books.

- Faction Base quest

- Nuema. Especially when Qingzi drops it. 29 is easy and fast enough to run just for nuema.

And JJs on alts. Moneyyh \o/

Oh and I don't do dailies religiously

I should also do cube for cube necklace. But I don't have time for cube after dailies and 30 cogs for necklace don't really motivate me.
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Polls on forum is highly inaccurate since 95% of people don't read the forums, the 5% who do are those who have either quit the game but still feel attached to it to leave completely and those who have semi quit, or people who need help but can't answers in-game. b:sad
  • aquale
    aquale Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Polls on forum is highly inaccurate since 95% of people don't read the forums, the 5% who do are those who have either quit the game but still feel attached to it to leave completely and those who have semi quit, or people who need help but can't answers in-game. b:sad

They are all doing dailies and don't have time to read forums. b:chuckle
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I did primal, pv, morai religiosly before I lvled and maxed out skies. Now I just occasionally do BH (not every day), gbq and turn in some primal quests for active points if possible. It's physically impossible to do all dailies on all toons. Even on one it takes a lot. IMO, it's more productive if you focus on something, for example lvling, and do dailies connected to it - pv, cube, aeu/whatever, skipping all the rest which is less important at that moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I do what I want, if I want, when I want. XD I don't really care to lvl up fast or make money or get all the skills. I already have too much stress in my real life, gaming must be relaxing and funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

• primal - most important to do until you have your sky level and passives up to date. no other way to get those.
    • PV - very worthy time investment if you can a good number runs a day. 50 hours worth of PV 7 runs per token or so gets you an emperor tome worth of stat points ! = 50m per hour)
    • FSP - Quite good financially, one of the most important if you want A card sets as the cost is doubble when you have to buy them. (5m per hour)
    • cube - waste of time, just farm coins elsewhere and buy the **** (1-3m per hour)
    • faction - ehm, what shall i say, do it every now and then to keep them happy ? b:surrender

Stop being one of those that tell ppl to play the game they way they are doing.
    Dont do your dailies if you dont want and let others do them if they like it.
    giphy.gif

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I did primal, pv, morai religiosly before I lvled and maxed out skies. Now I just occasionally do BH (not every day), gbq and turn in some primal quests for active points if possible. It's physically impossible to do all dailies on all toons. Even on one it takes a lot. IMO, it's more productive if you focus on something, for example lvling, and do dailies connected to it - pv, cube, aeu/whatever, skipping all the rest which is less important at that moment.

BS!!!!

My current record for getting all dailies done(primal(first rb+second rb chars), GBQs(both), Morai(one char), and bh1(both chars) is 45mins 29seconds. Would be closer to 30mins if my cleric could kill bqs mobs faster. This was on 2 chars.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I used to do all the dailies on everyone, but after the nightshades came out I spend a good chunk of time working on them, so it has cut down on my dailies activities on the 100+ characters. Maybe when they're fully reborn and ready for Primals I'll get back into a regular cycle of all my chars, since it only really takes a few hours to get everyone done if I double up.

Basically I do Primals on 1 or 2 chars that I'm working up to complete, Morai on 2-3 chars, and BH on 1 or 2 depending on what the BH is that day, I mostly always skip bh EU and AEU because I just don't enjoy those dungeons much so on those days I get more other dailies done.

It also depends on which quests have active points, the more quests I can auto-complete the more chars get stuff done. I'm not really worried about leveling quickly or making the most money possible per day, if I did I'd get wicked burned out. I don't really have the same amount of time or the energy to do as much as I used to so I do whatever I feel like XD
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options

Dude, im sure colum can take my post for what it is. Dont worry about him doing what i tell him to do against his will. He can take care of himself.

Other than that, i always like numbers, so i post them because they might help other people to make their decisions. Some might not care about them and ignore them, others might rightfully conclude that they cant farm TT and thus it is great for them to do all these things that pay 2m per hour and a few might think `hmm maybe hes got a point, why am i doing that damn boring cube when i can just spend half as much time in TT and buy that amulet`. More likely theres going to be some noob players who dont know how to make money, see those numbers and are going to do the whole damn list every day.
    Im sure the majority will be able to make their own choises that way. Not only colum.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Stop wasting your time and start being productive

Smoothly done. I'm confident more people will take you advice when it's delivered like that.
    :p

I guess that's the 'L0L, JK part that smooths it all out, eh?

\It was a poll. Post your answers and move on
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Some people have a desperate need to lecture others, and wave their own peen in the air at the same time. No argument will convince them that they *aren't* performing some sort of Public Service by dropping their little rabbit-pellets of wisdom everywhere they go.

Unfortunately, due to the OCD-attracting qualities of games like this, we get a lot of 'em around here.

Ignore them.

\not that anyone in this thread has done anything of the sort
    \\:p
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I for a long time did all my dailies every day on my main, as it was my only reborn character. Now with so many alts in the upper 90s from the 95 stone that I am really enjoying leveling, and laziness of the repetition, I rarely do dailies on my sin anymore. Usually I'll do bh, but never primals anymore (luckily with Sky Pirate Drake I am finished with bloods). It just got so boring doing the same stupid 5 minute quests every day
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No argument will convince them that they *aren't* performing some sort of Public Service by dropping their little rabbit-pellets of wisdom everywhere they go.

My answer, some will learn from what they read, even if they dont like the way it is posted, even if they disagree with the posted information (as i said, some might conclude that all these daylies are very productive for them because they cant farm TT) Others will feel offended by the way it is posted and disregard the information.
    The first will end up wise, the later will end up ignorant. b:pleased
  • bloodedone87
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My answer, some will learn from what they read, even if they dont like the way it is posted, even if they disagree with the posted information (as i said, some might conclude that all these daylies are very productive for them because they cant farm TT) Others will feel offended by the way it is posted and disregard the information.
    The first will end up wise, the later will end up ignorant. b:pleased

Depends the way you say it.
    the way you say it is like you trying to force ppl to do play the way you play.
    giphy.gif

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Depends the way you say it.
    the way you say it is like you trying to force ppl to do play the way you play.

It was directed at colum. As i said, he will know how to interpret my posts. We have both been posting on this forum for a long time. Without a doubt he knows my style.

He is an APS barb. I love APS barbs. He is trying to make it to end game gear by farming and merchanting. I love people with such ambitionn. He is walking the path that i walked. I like to see him succeed, i know he will. I like to advise him or at least show him with what principles i have done it myself. The advise i give him is meant in a friendly and encouraging way. Im sure he knows that.

As for me seeming to you to be an arrogant ****. Well i know that i am so in this context. However, my attitude adjusts to my knowledge and experience on the subject. When i was new here, i was the noob who wanted to know everything and asked everyone for all the details they could provide me. Now i know that i have succeeded in the PvE and economical parts of this game to a high defree . I am still a noob in the PvP department and you wont see much arrogance on that aspect from me.

Meanwhile i took up new endeavours in life, and in those i am again the noob who wants to learn everything and soak up all the information i can so that a few years from now, a can be the arrogant **** about this as well. And then ill start learning something new again :)
  • bloodedone87
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It was directed at colum. As i said, he will know how to interpret my posts. We have both been posting on this forum for a long time. Without a doubt he knows my style.

He is an APS barb. I love APS barbs. He is trying to make it to end game gear by farming and merchanting. I love people with such ambitionn. He is walking the path that i walked. I like to see him succeed, i know he will. I like to advise him or at least show him with what principles i have done it myself. The advise i give him is meant in a friendly and encouraging way. Im sure he knows that.

As for me seeming to you to be an arrogant ****. Well i know that i am so in this context. However, my attitude adjusts to my knowledge and experience on the subject. When i was new here, i was the noob who wanted to know everything and asked everyone for all the details they could provide me. Now i know that i have succeeded in the PvE and economical parts of this game to a high defree . I am still a noob in the PvP department and you wont see much arrogance on that aspect from me.

Meanwhile i took up new endeavours in life, and in those i am again the noob who wants to learn everything and soak up all the information i can so that a few years from now, a can be the arrogant **** about this as well. And then ill start learning something new again :)

I didnt see Colum or anyone else asking you something in this thread.Go and advise Colum on his thread he made few days ago asking for advise. this thread is about dailies and how ppl do them.Your post before Colum post and the one after only shows you want people play the way you do.
    You are that kind of guy that goes: '' I am gonna teach you something even if you dont want me to teach you and if you insist refusing i am going to do it by force''
    Sorry to OP for derailing.
    giphy.gif

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I would think my post was very relevant to the thread. That was actually more important than advising Colum. Only the first lines were really targeted at him, hinting that if you want to farm and merchant end game gear, it is better to have a mindset of looking at profitability per hour than of religously doing your dailies just because they are there.
    Yes, i am generous enough to offer advise without being asked b:chuckle
    Now lets stop derailing this thread
  • bloodedone87
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I would think my post was very relevant to the thread. That was actually more important than advising Colum. Only the first lines were really targeted at him, hinting that if you want to farm and merchant end game gear, it is better to have a mindset of looking at profitability per hour than of religously doing your dailies just because they are there.
    Yes, i am generous enough to offer advise without being asked b:chuckle
    Now lets stop derailing this thread

Maybe some people do dailies religously cause they actualy are having fun in doing them. The game is not only about profit is also about having fun too. You may find it boring in doing them everyday, others dont. And some people can do all dailies everyday and still find time to farm their gear.
    On a side note i too consider cube being a waste of time but if no one is going to do it
    from were you going to buy the ''****''?b:chuckle
    b:bye
    giphy.gif

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Not sure why there are posters making an issue out of this, but I can agree with this list since I don't have as much time for PeeDubya as of late.
    I could make some alterations to that, on certain days, however.

>Morai
    Good on days with active points being there. Did this to save influence for something like Shards if I was in Shroud or Luminance to sell or stocking up on Atk. Charms/ XP Pills

>AEU
    Mostly done during BH, but another way to get quick XP most of the time (and more influence for above reasons) after PV. Wont bother with it otherwise unless its a rare multi-AEU and everything else is done

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    2 FSPs, 3 BHs (none if BH EU, 2 if BH AEU), 3 BH IIs if available through active points, morai and all primal dailies only in my main.
    It has been really hard to find time to do them every day, but I'm trying to. Sometimes I even get relieved that it's BH EU and I have more time available. xD
  • Chelestine - Heavens Tear
    Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sometimes I even get relieved that it's BH EU and I have more time available. xD

I'm in the same boat! I prefer bh being something rubbish then I know I don't even have to try and fit into the schedule.

I have 3 main characters that I play. 1 is 2x reawakened, so I do all primals to get both vitae (for those annoying sky levels that keep being raised everytime I come back from a break) as well as bloods for those even more annoying passives that also keep being raised. Occasionally I'll throw her in a bh or fsp, otherwise that's it. The other 2 are only 1x reawakened so I only bother with the 2 primals that give bloods so they have a load stacked up for when they reawaken again. On occasion a bh or morai if that gives active points that day.

I then also have a hoard of alts that I never had time to do much with, levelling them up with sign-in or wined bh runs. That was before the dreaded pill though... Now, 5/6 alts are 95+ and have to do morai quests every single day in order to get the extra skills. Not needed for some of them, but mystic for example, NEEDS to have those group buffs so I have no choice. My two new class characters just sit at level 10-20 because I physically cant play them.

And what I currently prioritise most at the moment are my JOJ characters. As boring as it is doing those quests everyday I need the money they bring in. I just hate how time consuming it is, especially if you get 7xMysterious Friend quests...

All in all, doing the absolute bare minimum of a few primals and morais it takes me 2-3 hours every night to do that. That's not including any bhs or fsps. That's all the time I can spend on the game and it sucks, because I dont get to do anything I enjoy with the game anymore because there's just not enough time with these dumb dailies hanging around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
  • slapyourgrandma
    slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes. I do them for the blood.
    Oh yes. There will be blood.
    Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I mainly do the ones I need for certain toons depending on what I want for each. Varies a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming