Quick evo question?

LadyBats - Archosaur
LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Venomancer
Despite being around since about 2009-2010 my veno is still under 100. Shes my fourth alt and thus, doesn't get a whole hell of a lot of play time, despite the fact that i have a ball with her. I recently stoned her up to 95 and figured i would strive to get her to 100 as soon as i can.

My pet has always been one of the less used ones, its a sable minkii, who i farmed reflect and protect. He get sthe job done, and is far cuter than any herc, in my opinion b:chuckle . I was wondering, is he one of the pets capable of evolution?

I was told if they have the little clickable face next to them in the status bar (which he does) they can evolve once you get to 100 and farm up some stars. Is this accurate?
Post edited by LadyBats - Archosaur on

Comments

• morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm sorry to give you this bad news... but sable minkii cannot be evolved. And it's not even the best pet you could use. Reflect and protect are wasted on it, since it don't have nice stats :( a glacial walker would be great with those skills. All pets have the red button in the pet bag, if you click on it and read "evolution is possible at lvl 100" or something similar then the pet can be evolved.

If you want to know which other pets can be evolved, you can check the ultimate pet list. And the sticky guide from Desdi about pets can help you choosing a better one. Before the evolution thing, some venos used different kind of pets for sense of adventure, but now level up pets that cannot be evolved is a waste of time... evolution gives a great boost, it's a pity to not use it.

In any case, if you really love your minkii (and I can understand you because it's a cutie hehe) then keep using it, nobody can tell you what to do. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    morenawolf wrote: »
    I'm sorry to give you this bad news... but sable minkii cannot be evolved. And it's not even the best pet you could use. Reflect and protect are wasted on it, since it don't have nice stats :( a glacial walker would be great with those skills. All pets have the red button in the pet bag, if you click on it and read "evolution is possible at lvl 100" or something similar then the pet can be evolved.

If you want to know which other pets can be evolved, you can check the ultimate pet list. And the sticky guide from Desdi about pets can help you choosing a better one. Before the evolution thing, some venos used different kind of pets for sense of adventure, but now level up pets that cannot be evolved is a waste of time... evolution gives a great boost, it's a pity to not use it.

In any case, if you really love your minkii (and I can understand you because it's a cutie hehe) then keep using it, nobody can tell you what to do. :)

So many people seem to have such a hard time understanding the concept of having fun with games b:chuckle

I have a sable minkii because i like my sable minkii and have fun playing with him :P not because he has herc or nix like stats. Its a shame he cant evolve, maybe it will be patched in sometime, maybe not. I'll just keep having fun with my little snarly purple love
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm the first one to support the concept of fun, mine wasn't a attack or a critique against you, you're free to play as you please as you can read from my last line :) I just said that minkii is not the best pet of the game. You made a question, I answered.

Just in case, maybe this link can be helpful: it's a list of stats of all pets at lvl 105, you can use it to see the differences between all pets.

Have fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    morenawolf wrote: »
    I'm the first one to support the concept of fun, mine wasn't a attack or a critique against you, you're free to play as you please as you can read from my last line :) I just said that minkii is not the best pet of the game. You made a question, I answered.

Just in case, maybe this link can be helpful: it's a list of stats of all pets at lvl 105, you can use it to see the differences between all pets.

Have fun!

Oh , i wasnt speaking about you personally, just in general. I get so much flack when people see that green ring around my minkii. "Do you know how much money you wasted on a bad pet? **%*% noob". Oh well, some people are just downers, lol.

thanks for the charts
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Pets should be for fun >w<

thank you for the reminder... i was really set on getting a nix this last week because i finally had enough coin saved up but no one had the pet egg ticket or would sell me it so i decided to wait for it go on sale now... But damn its expensive still just for a bird lol...

I've used Drizzy ever since i evolved it. I evovled glacial and a pig and didnt even touch their inheritated stats i like drizzy so much. I gave drizzy claw skill also, i can just get him the hp buff too. To hell with the nix ill keep using drizzy! getting another pet at this point would just be a pain anyway lol.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Of course, fun is fun and it's your choice what to boost if you enjoy it. After all, there are tones of things which are only "a waste" but cost insane money (some flights, decoratory pets, mounts, fash, unsuitable armor "because-i-like-how-it-looks" etc).

But if I was a real fan of an unevolvable animal, I'd better go for Strong. Protect isn't the best choice for any pve pet (unless it's a full tank like herc) because most mobs and bosses are melee and hit in close distance, magic def doesn't seems to be that useful and attack skill would probably serve better and extra pdef would help to heal it rarer. It's just my thoughts how to make life a bit more comfortable with a pet you can't evolve if you are willing to spend formidable sum for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊