What sort of gear to solo squad lunar?

Options
TrueHarmony - Archosaur
TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Assassin
Curious?

Boyfriends sin is getting better gear every day from our tt spamming and such, most things from squad lunar sell well.

I'll include a rough calc of his gear and include i guess "whats the next step to power him up" lol.

http://pwcalc.com/2d43a4b6c6410537

This is him , roughly. Were 'working' towards pan gu, but as the best instance we can reliably farm is 2-3 (we can do 3-1 but its a pain), its slow going.
Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TrueHarmony - Archosaur on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It is hard for me to speak of sins abilities and gear requirements. As an APS barb duoing everything with a BM, i am used to look at HPs and Pdef for these toons. Not sins who have skill to evade most enemy attacks and live in gear that looks very extremely enourmously squichy to a barb or bm b:chuckle

Unlike TT where most people dont pull all that many mobs, in lunar you do want to be pulling them and killing them in masses. The bosses have killcounts too so just stealthing past doesnt work (in normal lunar) While sins can do some aoeing, clearly they are not the best for it. And my R9 barb still needs invoke for full pulls in lunar or he will die without a doubt. In short, i think this is an issue that will make it less effective.

Drake fling. As i said i cant speak for a sin. I did however see 2 very well equiped BMs (r8r+10 APS gear) die there when they made a little mistake. I would say he is comparable in toughness to your average TT 3-3 boss like emperor or GBA. If 3-1 is a little rough for you, you surely aint ready for drakefling. (i doubt you can do primal fear even, he seems tougher than 3-1 to me) Edit: I forgot to realise, we always fought him straight up ignoring his clones. I dont know how much easier he is if you pull him away from his clones. Maybe he could be more comparable to 2-3 and 3-1 bosses like that. I´d say give it a try :)

Next the rewards. Being a barb and BM (perfect aoe combo) we were pretty well made for lunar. For us, during 2x, the reward per hour was a little better in TT. Without 2x, it was a lot better in TT (lunar benefits more from 2x with its entrance fee). For a sin who is best suited for TT, the difference will be bigger and lunar even less rewarding when compared to TT. We did lunar during 2x for a change of scenery when we were bored of TT. TM lunar is a different thing and more rewarding than TT, but that is even much harder.

I hope there is someting in it for you as well. I know boys can be like that, taking all the credid and profit while making you feel you are just a less important healer who is not entitled to much. b:sad
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Curious?

Boyfriends sin is getting better gear every day from our tt spamming and such, most things from squad lunar sell well.

I'll include a rough calc of his gear and include i guess "whats the next step to power him up" lol.

This is him , roughly. Were 'working' towards pan gu, but as the best instance we can reliably farm is 2-3 (we can do 3-1 but its a pain), its slow going.

Im sorry but whit that gear he will be 1 shot by mobs.
    he has low p.def and low mag def.

this may work:

or he can try get full T3 gear as a separate gear and also keep his aps gear.
    http://pwcalc.com/81812e0aeedfdf0c

Higher HP , Higher P.def and Higher mag.def means higher chance for him to survive in Lunar.
    I recomand not try to pull so many mobs. clearly not full pull. he is a sin and sins dont have many aoe.
    He should do small pulls 10-15 mobs maybe, then: spark+rising dragon strike( or inner harmony) subsea strike+earthen rift+toxic torrent then auto attack to kill the reast if some have left and to also get chi to repeat the combo.
    giphy.gif

• TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Im sorry but whit that gear he will be 1 shot by mobs.
    he has low p.def and low mag def.

this may work:

or he can try get full T3 gear as a separate gear and also keep his aps gear.
    http://pwcalc.com/81812e0aeedfdf0c

Higher HP , Higher P.def and Higher mag.def means higher chance for him to survive in Lunar.
    I recomand not try to pull so many mobs. clearly not full pull. he is a sin and sins dont have many aoe.
    He should do small pulls 10-15 mobs maybe, then: spark+rising dragon strike( or inner harmony) subsea strike+earthen rift+toxic torrent then auto attack to kill the reast if some have left and to also get chi to repeat the combo.

We've done group lunars before and hes done just fine aganist mobs, but i get where your coming from lol. We are no where near top end gear, which is why i thought i might ask
    It is hard for me to speak of sins abilities and gear requirements. As an APS barb duoing everything with a BM, i am used to look at HPs and Pdef for these toons. Not sins who have skill to evade most enemy attacks and live in gear that looks very extremely enourmously squichy to a barb or bm b:chuckle

Unlike TT where most people dont pull all that many mobs, in lunar you do want to be pulling them and killing them in masses. The bosses have killcounts too so just stealthing past doesnt work (in normal lunar) While sins can do some aoeing, clearly they are not the best for it. And my R9 barb still needs invoke for full pulls in lunar or he will die without a doubt. In short, i think this is an issue that will make it less effective.

Drake fling. As i said i cant speak for a sin. I did however see 2 very well equiped BMs (r8r+10 APS gear) die there when they made a little mistake. I would say he is comparable in toughness to your average TT 3-3 boss like emperor or GBA. If 3-1 is a little rough for you, you surely aint ready for drakefling. (i doubt you can do primal fear even, he seems tougher than 3-1 to me) Edit: I forgot to realise, we always fought him straight up ignoring his clones. I dont know how much easier he is if you pull him away from his clones. Maybe he could be more comparable to 2-3 and 3-1 bosses like that. I´d say give it a try :)

Next the rewards. Being a barb and BM (perfect aoe combo) we were pretty well made for lunar. For us, during 2x, the reward per hour was a little better in TT. Without 2x, it was a lot better in TT (lunar benefits more from 2x with its entrance fee). For a sin who is best suited for TT, the difference will be bigger and lunar even less rewarding when compared to TT. We did lunar during 2x for a change of scenery when we were bored of TT. TM lunar is a different thing and more rewarding than TT, but that is even much harder.

I hope there is someting in it for you as well. I know boys can be like that, taking all the credid and profit while making you feel you are just a less important healer who is not entitled to much. b:sad

I think were in the same boat a bit(although i imagine your gear is a lot better than ours, lol). We've been playing, fairly casual on and off since 2010 , and a LOT of that has been TT. We haven't ever done lunar outside of maybe 5 or so times with full squads, so i think we might set being able to solo it, even slowly, as our next goal.

Its silly but we get more fun out of little goals like that. I remember when there was a time steelation would one shot either one of us easily, and now we can take him, just the two of us...although having my veno to purge helps, lol.
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If it is for the challenge of doing it and you dont mind dozens of deaths in the first few practice runs and then being able to do it but needing a full hour. Then i think this is indeed the right time to go for it.
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well i can solo lunar in about 30 min (ik some bad squads take longer b:chuckle)
    but my gear is preety much pve overkill since it's r8r with -int on boots and chest and am siting on 17,8k hp sage buffed.

First what i whould recomend to improve:
    -do the both RA, increase ur passives(definitly the def passive), and get good cards threw daily fsp
    -focus on geting ur neck and belt to +5 at least (advicing toget aslo 2nd lunar ring and get both rings +5 then) since ur pdef is horribly low
    -i don't like ur weapon rly but if u get higher hp it will work. Zerk and high aps and low hp is killing u instead of helping u ussualy. In ur shoes i'd get the ns3 dager, but that's up to u(ns3 dager deals 1,5 times more dmg than ns1 ). Either way refining weap to +10 is rly worth it(whichever weap u decide to use).

Now Tips on soloing lunar:
    -get full buffs, get lunar buff pills(not sure which order in morai they are but they will help)
    -advicing doing mobs group by group just spark>aps, since as other told sin isn't that great aoe DD for them.
    - advice not doing first badge boss since he will purge ya
    - well for the 2nd boss if u will be hiting him at max range the bramble won't get ya.
    - now for the last boss, i ussualy use tidal like a min after starting him and if he will purge me i use spirit of def pil. He deals pure magic dmg so def charms for u is a must.

about other paths i haven't triedthem solo but ik someone who was doing trophy mode one
    to not pay the fee, but it took them twice as muc htime as me. I didn'try the drake or relic paths. Hope this helped.

edit: i think standard aps set with the +7 ref and +10 weap should be enough(fully buffed with pills and def charms) to "eficiently" solo lunar.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    about other paths i haven't triedthem solo but ik someone who was doing trophy mode one
    to not pay the fee, but it took them twice as muc htime as me. I didn'try the drake or relic paths. Hope this helped.

Trophy mode is entirely different from all the 3 paths.
    And it only drops common mats, no EODs, no tinders. If you cant do trophy mode fast enough for the gold or silver medals (about 13 and 16 minutes total time respectively, and the length is comparable to normal lunar) it is not worth doing it at all.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Curious?

In aps gear you aint soloing lunar with low refined g15's without a cleric.

Drake Fling, and Relic are gonna tear you a new one. I suggest at least 8k base and refining your ornaments to 7, and getting g16 daggers. G15's are **** and that sac assualt is only gonna make surviving harder in lunar.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options

Drake Fling, and Relic are gonna tear you a new one. I suggest at least 8k base and refining your ornaments to 7, and getting g16 daggers. G15's are **** and that sac assualt is only gonna make surviving harder in lunar.

I think she is being his cleric though b:cute

And if you want to try something for the challenge, well, let it be a challenge b:pleased
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Trophy mode is entirely different from all the 3 paths.
    And it only drops common mats, no EODs, no tinders. If you cant do trophy mode fast enough for the gold or silver medals (about 13 and 16 minutes total time respectively, and the length is comparable to normal lunar) it is not worth doing it at all.

We cant seem to get under 20min silver runs straight, quicker and we seem to hit gold from path or another.

Anyways, the main upgrades on that aps gear I would do is the tome that was mentioned, +6-7 orns and weapon. If you are duoing you really dont need any more than that for even high end TTs if you know what you are doing and go with buffs. Its day too late to make pill alts but if you have BM and barb, both dual clienting, you can keep yourselves at full buffs "all the time", which makes things a lot easier.

I started doing full 3-3s with bout 10-12k hp fully buffed, no def passives, back in days. Def passives is huge, cards are large, meridian is nice. All things together make refines beyond +7 on aps gear fairly pointless. After that focus on weapon or DPH gear set, depending on your goals. I wouldnt refine N2 higher though, get N3 with -int and things will die a lot faster. Another option would be R9 but as you are casual players, prolly not for you and thats fine, not everybody needs R9.

Shortly put, +6-7 refines on everything, N3 dags with -int(Refine till +10 before tome) and -int tome in this order. After this, only improvements aps gear would need is refines on daggers as armor refines over that is overkill and not needed.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    We cant seem to get under 20min silver runs straight, quicker and we seem to hit gold from path or another.

Hmm ye, i dont really know. I was just making some rough estimation of 12 mins + waiting time. But i guess the waiting time is more :p Indeed in the first path usually it was toilet break before killing the boss :p (had a list of scores = times at home, but i aint home)
    You being a sin, couldnt you share the stealth your team to the bosses so that you have much less score and thus can kill them faster while staying between 81 and 91 points ?
    edited January 2015
    Options

Lol i guess i forget to type properly. By solo i mean him(the sin i posted and me, a cleric). We only really play when the other on, so solo with us really means duo i guess, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Stage 3 nirvana daggers +7, refine his tt99 HA orns as well for p def, switch out Attendence ring for a Seal of eternal solitude and refine for magic defense also dex engravement helps a lot. Pan gu not really needed tbh my sin is 2.86 sage and 3.33 is fast enough for a sin. pretty much that's it as far as gear goes. Just need to change a few pieces and refine. Also id switch the cape for the Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade just for the fact you can get more dex out of it if you reset the sins strength back and stick it into dex. more dex more damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I wouldnt agree that it is worth at this point spending 30m to for those few extra stat points by replacing that cape. It is worth it when you get to the point where you have to choose between +8 refines, +11 weapon refine, vit stones and swapping the cape. Those daggers yes, those need to be upgraded asap. And that probably should have priority over getting a tome.

Edit: oh you are on archosaur. Yes you need that cape ! ill tell my buddy to sell you one if he found a new partner to TM with :p
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lol i guess i forget to type properly. By solo i mean him(the sin i posted and me, a cleric). We only really play when the other on, so solo with us really means duo i guess, lol.

I have about 12k hp buffed. +10 r9.3 dags, +10 g16 helm, and +7 armors with hp shards.

Working on cards is gonna give you a lot of pdef. I normally do lunar in my r9 set, cept for the bosses. Without a cleric, it's gonna be pretty hard for some bosses.

1 tip tho. Don't BB on Dark Fling vile, and if you have to, you can always pull him to the water for that damage reduction. It's slower, but you can atleast kill him with being hit for stupid numbers.b:bye
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I wouldnt agree that it is worth at this point spending 30m to for those few extra stat points by replacing that cape. It is worth it when you get to the point where you have to choose between +8 refines, +11 weapon refine, vit stones and swapping the cape. Those daggers yes, those need to be upgraded asap. And that probably should have priority over getting a tome.

Edit: oh you are on archosaur. Yes you need that cape ! ill tell my buddy to sell you one if he found a new partner to TM with :p

I was so confused XD i thought you were telling me to upgrade to Energetic Robe: Lunar Glad which he has. And then i realized, i picked out the wrong cape in the calculator XD it had int so i assumed it was the right one, oopsie lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hmm ye, i dont really know. I was just making some rough estimation of 12 mins + waiting time. But i guess the waiting time is more :p Indeed in the first path usually it was toilet break before killing the boss :p (had a list of scores = times at home, but i aint home)
    You being a sin, couldnt you share the stealth your team to the bosses so that you have much less score and thus can kill them faster while staying between 81 and 91 points ?

Maybe I could, I usually run on archer cause too lazy to log sin just for the runs due there being "no need" for it. But I kinda went and def charmed myself for life with last p.stone farming. Writing this I am sitting on 9k+ stacks on both kinds so effort of figuring out the new scores with StS just doesnt seem that appealing to me personally.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop