Returning player completely lost

jamiesmith15
jamiesmith15 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Venomancer
Hi. I have not played this game for quite a while (meaning like 4 years) and I'm having trouble figuring out what to do other than BHs and leveling my pet. This is pretty much what i do when i have time to play.

I don't know where to start, I'm always so lost :(. I am currently level 95 going on to 96. I am not geared at all. Where can i get good gear that won't take ages to get.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hawklight - Dreamweaver
    Hawklight - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey there; I'm pretty much in the same boat. Just started playing again this week.

I'm assuming you're level 95 because you used the item you got in the mail? I honestly wish I hadn't used it, it complicates things for us big time.

Pet leveling is completely different now. Seems like pets can only get a max of 15 exp per kill if they're loyalty is high and the mobs are about the same level or higher as the pet. Which means it takes literally forever to level your pet. Once we reach level 100 there's a new daily instance that awards venos with "Feral Soul Stars" that can be used to give our pets a good chunk of exp and evolve them if they're one of the few that can evolve (check out this thread for more info on that), but getting from 95 to 100 is daunting with low-level gear and an underleveled pet.

I've been working on my 'main' questline and other side quests. Making quite a bit of coin doing so but I don't expect to level anytime soon; I'm hoping I'll eventually work my way up to higher leveled quests and that my gear will naturally catch up in the meantime. Right now I have some lvl 10 stuff, most of which was awarded via quests.

It might help you to know that there's an in-game botting mechanic that could potentially help you leveling your pet and earning coin while you're sleeping/at work/ect: I've been using it quite a bit to get my feet back on the ground. Just press Alt+F12 to open it up and play around with it; it's pretty easy to get the hang of. Keep in mind though that there are random lvl 150 mobs sprinkled in with low-level mobs in some spots so take a good look around before you go afk too long with it.

Also, use the map you got in that pack if you haven't already; it opens up every waypoint for you. Super handy for teleporting around. It seems like you can only reach a few places by teleporting (ie, dawnguard) and I needed to go there to finish a quest on the main quest line.

There's a lot to relearn unfortunately, and it's going to take time to catch up to the lvl the game says we're at. x_x
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1734621

I thought that was stickied ? did i think wrong or was it unstickied again ? maybe it should be b:pleased
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • jamiesmith15
    edited January 2015
    @Hawklight - Thank you so much for the advice. Yes. I did use the illusionary stone to get to 95, but my veno has been at 63 forever before i used it, and yes after using it I definatley regret it. I level my pets in the mice room. We should be friends we're on the same server ;p

@WannaBM- no i havnet seen this post! thank you so much for it!
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hello, and welcome back in this cruel world XD

The illusion crystal is not good at all for newbies or people who don't play here since a long time, in my opinion. The sense of confusion must be terrible and you loose a lot of bonuses and helps for low lvls. But you can do it anyway :)

You already received all the links you need to understand how to move. Check out the pet guide from Desdi to know where to lvl up your pets, it's a pain but it's worth, expecially if you use the bot so you can order a pizza and watch a movie while your poor veno get crazy for you b:laugh for pets, if you don't want to wait for a glacial walker to reach your lvl (or any other very good pet, since they're all tamed at low lvls) you could stick on the Armored Bear as tank, the Ninetail Firefox as damage dealer, the Mothran Dazzlewing as flying pet and the Asgard Plumpfish as water pet. They're all between lvl 80-85 so they should work for a while.

Have fun! :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd recommend the Petite Sawfly as a flying pet (now an 83 tame.) It's one of the few evolvables that can fly.

Since you used the illusionary stone, you can use the page of time (I think it's called) to get the level 80 Masters set (I assume since you were 63 for a long time you've completed 59 culti) then go and finish at least 79 culti so you can enter and finish the main Morai quest line, which will give you a 95 gear set as quest rewards. (There are a few bosses involved, which you may need help with, since your tank pet is underleveled.)

And yes, venomancer is about the worst class to power level, because of the whole pet leveling thing, however the power leveling is done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • jamiesmith15
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the help everyone this really means a lot.

I have a shadou cub and a windwalking piggy that I am using as pets. I level the ground pets at the cube in the mice bashing room and was able to get it to lv 87.