What now?

RepubIican - Raging Tide
RepubIican - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Wizard
When I 1st started I was r8 +4 and +5 gear weapon is +6 probably, this was Feb 2012... Now I'm currently r9rr+11 my gear part garnet gem (2 pieces) shared, the rest regular old citrines from weekly sot/abaddon runs. +12 weapon, Emp tome, Star's destiny and NW cube neck. I'm a pure magic Wizzy! Just curious on what suggestion I should take this year on my gear?

A. Work on Refines more?

B. Refines & Jades?

C. Deity & Refines?

D. Half Deity and Jades?

Would be the best build for me? Sorry I'm just too lazy to put in a calc because it will probably be off because of max meridian and cards.
Not defined by our limits but by our potential
Post edited by RepubIican - Raging Tide on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How come you didnt start level 1 naked like all of us ? b:surrender
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015
    I did when back May 2011, I didn't know back then if mail box was a monster or not lol, I was scared of the red messages too back then because I thought it meant you was muted, hehe. The need to improve myself took hold about summer of 2012 because I was 1 shot rank 8 wasn't going to get me no where. I kept improving to prove to my guild mates and myself I could possible go out as being one of the great Wizard of RT. My only focus right now is being able to hold my own against some of the other Top Archers, and Veno's of my server.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    garnets are a weird choise if thats your only goal b:chuckle
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep RepubIican has come a long way and I am very impressed b:victory

I think if you are going to shard jades or the deities, I would +12 you gear first. With the cost of shards on our server it may be the best choice for now. What cards do you have now? You have all S's or an A set?
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    edited January 2015
    I have 3 S cards General Chung, Winged Commander, and Princess of Moonlight, General Chung card is 80/80 the others are 34/80 and 43/80. I have my other A cards maxed out. I'm slowly getting around to working on leveling the other two. I'm collecting a lot of flowsilver coins I'm hoping for a set.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reroll
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reroll

reroll sin
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited January 2015
    reroll sin

or stormbringer

100 dex genie undine spark = 160% debuff

stormie debuff = 145% debuff

gg?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    or stormbringer

100 dex genie undine spark = 160% debuff

stormie debuff = 145% debuff

gg?

Also spammable 5 sec stun that costs no chi while being able to move while casting. Well new classes need to be op, so people rebuy R9 for them. I came back after three years, already had R9 on wiz. So I will still get R9rr. Don't want to reinvest and I also love the class. But I got no illusions.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• Infamous_me - Archosaur
    Infamous_me - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When I 1st started I was r8 +4 and +5 gear weapon is +6 probably, this was Feb 2012... Now I'm currently r9rr+11 my gear part garnet gem (2 pieces) shared, the rest regular old citrines from weekly sot/abaddon runs. +12 weapon, Emp tome, Star's destiny and NW cube neck. I'm a pure magic Wizzy! Just curious on what suggestion I should take this year on my gear?

A. Work on Refines more?

B. Refines & Jades?

C. Deity & Refines?

D. Half Deity and Jades?

Would be the best build for me? Sorry I'm just too lazy to put in a calc because it will probably be off because of max meridian and cards.

I would say go for the half and half. Deity wizzys are just so squishy imo even @ +12. You want a little tankiness and not just have sins pop out of stealth and **** u. b:surrender or do you?
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    +12 the rest, then go JoSD.

As for the people saying reroll or make a sin or stormbringer, yeah yeah yeah whatever. Sins are boring in my opinion, and while stormbringers are fun to play, I identify myself in game as a seeker. It's my main character and always will be. I play all other classes and find merit in them, with some classes I enjoy more than others, and maybe Republican identifies being a wizard. I find absolutely nothing wrong with that and neither should anyone else.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    I just got Primal Glacial Embrace and I am officially high on chi. b:dirty To hell with other classes, wizzy forever.

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited January 2015
    http://www.twitch.tv/fedepwi/c/5898129

me playing my cardless\spiritless\105 100 100 sin

01:10 -> bridge map fighting an enemy endgame wizard that has cards lvels passives spirit and watsoever

reroll
    still

you are still in time b:surrender not like me

ah right i rerolled already b:chuckle

@LukingFoco, if devs won't rehaul our class like a complete rework and very soon, there won't be any wizard players anymore soon.... just there are so many other classes that do what wizard does but way better,

the only thing wizard has was the DPH, we cant tank, we can't DPS, we can't purge we DPH

they destroyed our DPH with lvl 10 passives and giving us the worst base magic damage among all arcane classes = no more DPH = no more the only feature the wizard was supposed to have
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    I am still hoping for some fix, some update to be honest. And you would have killed any other caster class just like the wizzy. If that was a Stormbringer you sparked from stealth, the same thing would happen. It's not only wizzies being weak, it is also sins being op.

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited January 2015
    I am still hoping for some fix, some update to be honest. And you would have killed any other caster class just like the wizzy. If that was a Stormbringer you sparked from stealth, the same thing would happen. It's not only wizzies being weak, it is also sins being op.

that wizard has probably smt like 600 spirit more than my sin,
    my sin has also 16k base damage xD

yea sin is op, but wizard is obsolete aswell
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    that wizard has probably smt like 600 spirit more than my sin,
    my sin has also 16k base damage xD

yea sin is op, but wizard is obsolete aswell

yea ik. But all I am saying is that a stormbringer that gets attacked like that isn't really tankier than a wizard. Sure the passive, but he would still die the same.

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited January 2015
    yea ik. But all I am saying is that a stormbringer that gets attacked like that isn't really tankier than a wizard. Sure the passive, but he would still die the same.

storm passive \ self buff is unpurgeable, so @ purged conditions, stormie has an advantage respect wizzie
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    storm passive \ self buff is unpurgeable, so @ purged conditions, stormie has an advantage respect wizzie

Oh I only saw right now that the wizzy got purged beforehand. Well wizzies can have that buff too and 25% damage reduction from the passive vs sin skills on a purged AA class doesn't do much regardless. If you get purged and then jumped by a sin you die regardless. Yes, Stormies have better offensive skills and maybe even defensive skills, but the specific scenario in your video would have ended the same for all AA classes. And either that wizzies genie was down or he was slooow.b:surrender

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited January 2015
    oh yea well before purge he was on flame shield so pretty much would've been the same...

the storm buff you lose it when you change instance, so its not really viable in nation wars unless you are a stormie yourself XD
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands
    Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015

A. Work on Refines more?

B. Refines & Jades?

C. Deity & Refines?

D. Half Deity and Jades?

I would get 8x Deities & 16x JOSDs & finish a card set (A set, S cards not viable since A sets will be much better and can be rebirthed too, unless you have that kind of money)

and then +12 at the end.

~Cheers
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cards first , shards 2nd ....

could even say .. cards first , refines 2nd , sharrds third

spoirit is gonna do so much mroe for you than deities or jades
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited March 2015
    mulier wrote: »
    cards first , shards 2nd ....

could even say .. cards first , refines 2nd , sharrds third

spoirit is gonna do so much mroe for you than deities or jades

actually its not spirit, but its defense passives, pretty much everyone has same spirit value so you cant really see a noticeable increase of the damage reduction from it
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524